Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > The Design-a-Skylander amiibo (Sea terrain) Thread
Page 1 of 1
The Design-a-Skylander amiibo (Sea terrain) Thread [CLOSED]
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#1 Posted: 23:59:46 19/11/2015 | Topic Creator
It seems I'm not alone in thinking that there should be a Sea-based Skybrid, so I thought I'd start a catch-all thread where we each have the chance to design a custom Skylander-amiibo with a Sea terrain Vehicle.

The rules are simple: choose a Nintendo character who already exists as an amiibo, and design some powers and abilities for them as though they were a Skylander. Then, create a Sea-based Vehicle for them to use, ideally one with a similar theme to them, whether by form, franchise or some other reason. If you can, try to pick characters who are not humans, as Vicarious Visions made it clear that they had to avoid human characters when designing the real Skybrids.

With that out of the way, let's get designing!

My contribution is my absolute favourite Nintendo character as a Skylander, who I've chosen to name Shell Slinger Yoshi. I posted him in another thread, but I think it might've been the wrong topic, so I'm posting him here so he has a chance to shine.

STARTING POWERS

Gobble - Pressing the Y Button causes Yoshi to stick out his long tongue and gobble up an enemy. Pressing the Y Button again makes Yoshi spit out the enemy as a projectile, or pressing the A Button causes him to swallow it, restoring a tiny amount of health and turning the enemy into an egg, which follows Yoshi around. Yoshi can carry up to three eggs in this way.

Egg Throw - Pressing the A Button makes Yoshi grab an egg and throw it at an enemy, knocking out a smaller foe or dealing a large amount of damage to a beefier monster. If Yoshi has no eggs, he instead lunges forward, knocking into a foe and damaging it a little.

UPGRADES

Egg Shield - Pressing and holding the X Button encases Yoshi inside a giant eggshell for a short time, protecting him from most attacks.

Half-Dozen Stock - Yoshi can now carry up to six eggs at a time.

Unbreakable Shell - Yoshi can use his Egg Shield indefinitely.

Super Happy Yoshi - Pressing and holding the X Button will cause Yoshi to burst from the Egg Shield and transform into Super Happy Yoshi, making him stronger and causing wings to grow on his back. While in Super Happy form, Yoshi loses the Gobble power, but he has an unlimited supply of eggs, meaning enemies better watch out if they don't want egg on their faces!

Shell Slinger Yoshi's upgrade paths would focus on either his Egg Throw or his Super Happy Yoshi form:

UPGRADE PATH 1

Neon Egg - Every second egg which Yoshi produces is a yellow Neon Egg, which transforms a defeated enemy into health-restoring fruit when it strikes.

Double-Yolk Strike - Yoshi throws two eggs at the same time.

Homing Egg - Every first egg which Yoshi produces is a red Homing Egg, which pursues the nearest target and damages nearby foes when it strikes.

Frozen Egg - Every third egg which Yoshi produces is a blue Frozen Egg, which bursts and freezes any surrounding enemies when it strikes its target.

UPGRADE PATH 2

Health Restoration - While in Super Happy Yoshi form, Yoshi restores his health over time.

Fireball - While in Super Happy Yoshi form, Yoshi can spit powerful fireballs.

EggBOOM! - While in Super Happy Yoshi form, Yoshi's eggs explode on impact, damaging any surrounding foes.

Flight - While in Super Happy Yoshi form, pressing X makes Yoshi hover above the ground, avoiding enemy attacks while bombarding foes with fireballs and eggs. Pressing X again makes Yoshi slam down with a massive ground pound.

Yoshi's Soul Gem provides this power:

SOUL GEM

Turbo Egg - While using Egg Shield, Yoshi can roll around at high speed, ploughing through enemies stupid enough to get in his way!

Shell Slinger Yoshi's Vehicle is the Yoshi Sub, a Sea Vehicle which slightly resembles the Submarine transformation in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, though with Yoshi's face on the front and the classic egg design on the rear.

ATTACKS

Torpedegg - Yoshi Sub's primary attack. Fires a large Egg at a target, which not only causes damage, but splatters and partially obscures its view with translucent yolk and white.

Egg Mine - Yoshi Sub's secondary attack. Drops a group of eggs behind, which splatter and slow down anyone careless enough to drive into them. If used underwater, the eggs slowly rise to the surface, which could be ideal for catching surface racers off-guard.

UPGRADES

Green Sub - The basic upgrade, a white submarine with a Green Yoshi face on the front and green spots on the underside and back.

Yellow Sub - A yellow recolour of the vehicle. It improves its defensive capabilities.

Red Sub - A red recolour of the vehicle. It improves its offensive capabilities.

Blue Sub - The SuperCharged version, a blue recolour with the addition of decorative wings; also, the egg design is inverted, with a blue hull and white spots. Its acceleration and top speed are boosted significantly.

HORNS

Super Roar - The standard horn. Yoshi's classic cry from the Super NES

Super Happy Cheer - Yoshi's cry when he eats a Heart Fruit in Yoshi's Story

Kamek Kall - Kamek's screech before a boss battle in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Formative Fanfare - The second half of the transformation tune from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:03:18 20/11/2015 by GamerZack7
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#2 Posted: 11:53:18 20/11/2015
Wow I am impressed. So would he be magic?
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
PixelGamer Green Sparx Gems: 237
#3 Posted: 14:21:27 20/11/2015
This is a good thread but i think it belongs in fandom
---
From one generation to the next, Gamers unite!
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#4 Posted: 22:26:50 20/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Snap Shot
Wow I am impressed. So would he be magic?

I must have forgotten to mention it, but yes, he'd be Magic element. smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#5 Posted: 20:07:27 22/11/2015
I think this is a good idea!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me