Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Am I the last true spyro fan here?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Am I the last true spyro fan here? [CLOSED]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#51 Posted: 11:46:40 20/11/2015
I think the problem is not telling apart character from franchise. Poor guy isn't a 16-character pack, Spyro is also one fictional person that IS part of Skylanders now. His games, however, Spyro games, are not, and the connection between them is up to debate.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#52 Posted: 14:06:27 20/11/2015
I love both the classic Spyro games and Skylanders games. Spyro is my all time favorite Skylander as well. Hes my most played too.

Minus the first two Spyro games, I've played every Spyro game out there minus the mobile games and the Micky D's games. Despite me not thinking highly of them, that includes the LoS trilogy.

Am I a true Spyro fan?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:07:58 20/11/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#53 Posted: 14:44:53 20/11/2015
I don't think that Skylanders is Spyro. They are different franchises, but linked by Spyro. It's like Spryo is a guest star, but a important guest star. Activision already said that Skylanders is unrelated to Spyro.

Overall, I think that Skylanders is not all bad to Spyro. Skylanders attracted new fans to Spyro. I'm a example. I only played Spyro/Legend games after I discovered Skylanders, getting interested in Spyro.

Quote: Bifrost
Well,I thought people learned that from Crash. He's not getting rereleases, no spinoffs, not even a crappy mobile game or Skylanders cameo. No excuses to NOT be making games,but dead he stays.

Don't crush my hopes, please... Or crush. I know that Crash is not coming back soon. But that's off-topic.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:46:45 20/11/2015 by Crash10
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6442
#54 Posted: 14:48:03 20/11/2015 | Topic Creator
The only problem is he no longer appear alongside Cynder in the newest game.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#55 Posted: 14:48:56 20/11/2015
Well,it's on topic on the sense that both IPs are on the situation. Spyro,character(and Cynder,Sparx and Moneybags--I mean Auric, by extension),is only on Skylanders because the LOS devs are involved and TFB and VV implied they're fans of the series,even if they can't be the ones to make main series games. We know that Acti could be making it rain with new games from them,or even PS4 ports of the older games,but... They just don't.

Quote: fyra

The newest game only had 8 rereleases out of the over 110 characters in the series. He and Cynder are still playable, VV just got stingy with designs and decided to go for bipeds as Supercharger reposes(even if you put them in the game and they'll drive cars like any biped with their tiny feet).
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:50:40 20/11/2015 by Bifrost
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#56 Posted: 14:51:44 20/11/2015
Quote: fyra

Not exactly. I mean, you can still use the old toys to play as Spyro and Cynder (and have Sparx with you). Also, Spyro is one of the main characters in comics, appearing at the front cover of almost every comic issue. He will be one of the main characters in the TV show. He's still important, but each game prefers to give attention to the new Skylanders.
---
Bruh
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#57 Posted: 15:53:33 20/11/2015
Quote: Greeble
Spyro is still around, he's just become part of something bigger which imo has improved him because before Skylanders a lot of people had no idea who he was.

As for the 'true Spyro fans' thing it's a load of BS, because a Spyro fan would be happy that he's still around rather than being thrown onto a scrapped character pile, it's just an excuse to slag off Skylanders games.

Even if he doesn't get his own game again he's still around.

He's a Skylander now as well so get over it.

Why would I be happy if Spyro is still around in a game that I'm not bothered about. It doesn't mean anything. And yes, he's in Skylanders now, I know. Talk about state the obvious.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#58 Posted: 16:04:43 20/11/2015
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Spyro is still around, he's just become part of something bigger which imo has improved him because before Skylanders a lot of people had no idea who he was.

As for the 'true Spyro fans' thing it's a load of BS, because a Spyro fan would be happy that he's still around rather than being thrown onto a scrapped character pile, it's just an excuse to slag off Skylanders games.

Why would I be happy if Spyro is still around in a game that I'm not bothered about. It doesn't mean anything. And yes, he's in Skylanders now, I know. Talk about state the obvious.

If you're not bothered about Skylanders, stick to playing the Spyro series.
---
^ You all know it's true
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#59 Posted: 21:16:26 20/11/2015
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

If you're not bothered about Skylanders, stick to playing the Spyro series.

That's what I'm doing.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#60 Posted: 17:18:04 22/11/2015
Spyro series = Batman: The Animated Series, Skylanders = Justice League/Justice League Unlimited

In both cases you have two separate franchises that are both connected by a shared character, with the character starring in the former and being part of a much larger cast in the latter. It makes sense for fans of Spyro to follow Spyro into Skylanders and it makes sense darkSpyro to cover Skylanders because of Spyro, just as it makes sense for Batman fans to follow Justice League and for a Batman site to cover Justice League as long as Batman is part of it.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#61 Posted: 21:25:20 24/11/2015
So we can't be spyro fans if we like/play skylanders?
#62 Posted: 15:22:32 30/11/2015 | Topic Creator
You can like it but it's a separate franchise it's not the same and could we just close that topic and this subject I was really angry when I made it and feeling sad of not finding any other game where I could play a dragon.I did not want to hurt anyone or be annoying and well my hate of skylanders is most due to the fact that spyro is pushed from the main character slot and the fact we need to rebuy portal and toys because old ones don't work.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#63 Posted: 15:31:34 30/11/2015
What? You're actually really wrong on that last part. All toys still work going foward as far as we know,and the old portals work again on Superchargers. My Series 1 Spyro has worked since year one.

On games that you can play as a dragon.. Google search, I guess,there are games out there though not as well known.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:32:32 30/11/2015 by Bifrost
#64 Posted: 17:06:26 30/11/2015 | Topic Creator
The only one I found was subscriptions based and was named istaria
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#65 Posted: 17:16:13 30/11/2015
Drakengard, Drakan, Panzer Dragoon, How to Train your Dragon, I of the Dragon, Lair...

You may want to search outside the subscriptions box.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:51:08 30/11/2015 by Aura24
#66 Posted: 18:48:13 30/11/2015 | Topic Creator
I have how to train your dragon and for the others I have some problems:not working ps2,don't know how to use a saturn emulator,too gory for my taste and I don't have a credit card to buy a steam game.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#67 Posted: 18:54:52 30/11/2015
Ah, okay.

If you still wish to close this topic, you can actually close the topic yourself by going to your first post that created your topic, click Edit, then click the Close button. If no one, including yourself, has posted on this topic for the past five minutes, you can close the topic right away. If not, you have to wait a bit until the 5-minute time passes.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:56:11 30/11/2015 by Aura24
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me