Page 1 of 1
Farewell Skylanders. [CLOSED]
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#1 Posted: 17:44:14 18/11/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm quitting skylanders. It's been fun whlie it lasted. TFB and VV are slowly getting worse. Goodbye Skylanders.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#2 Posted: 17:47:45 18/11/2015
See you in the Sky 6 announcement.

Don't even try to call this rude, the quitting thread already has the sole purpose of being a ragequit. L/R is there in Stuff and Nonsense if you won't actually hang out in this part anymore and needs to warn others.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:48:42 18/11/2015 by Bifrost
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 17:48:35 18/11/2015
Quote: Bifrost
See you in the Sky 6 announcement.

And the next gimmick that would catch your interest. Most users say the same exact thing and they come right back.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#4 Posted: 18:01:12 18/11/2015
It's a love hate relationship...there just has to be more love than hate.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#5 Posted: 18:15:33 18/11/2015
^ Agreed, i personally hate the vehicles concept, but overall the love of SkyLanders outweighs the vehicles gimmick for me.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#6 Posted: 18:28:03 18/11/2015
And so, the Skylanders cycle continues.

User enjoys the first couple of games.
User says they're going downhill and says they quit.
User checks out the trailer for the next game.
User buys twenty copies on launch dressed in a trench coat.

That last one's a bit of an over exaggeration though...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#7 Posted: 18:43:11 18/11/2015
Yep, I remember saying that I'll quit when the gimmick is racing and now I'm here, with Wave 1 & 2 bought in less then a week and a character that I bought for almost three times the actual price. My wallet's been crying for help since the end of 2012 and it won't stop until it's done.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#8 Posted: 18:43:30 18/11/2015
I won't quit Skylanders just because Superchargers was a massive disappointment. There's always the chance the next game is a return to form.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#9 Posted: 18:47:04 18/11/2015
I have mixed feelings about Skylanders. Part of me wants to continue this as long as they keep making new video games. But another part of me wants to retire from all of this.

Pros:
Dark Spyro
Cynder
Sparx the Dragonfly
Tessa
Stink Bomb
Freeze Blade
Dark Snap Shot
Stormblade
Splat
Dark Hammer Slam Bowser
Dark Sea Shadow
Bone Bash Roller Brawl
Tomb Buggy
Elite Slam Bam
Elite Dino Rang
Villain Trophies
Crystal Traps (Magic, Water, Undead, and Dark)
Sometimes video games keep me from feeling bored all day

Cons:
Kaos is getting even more annoying than before
Flynn
Costs me a lot of money
Sometimes video games are a waste of time
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#10 Posted: 18:54:18 18/11/2015
See you next game.
---
Dead
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#11 Posted: 18:58:55 18/11/2015
The thing is,just because it's expensive doesn't mean you need to quit. Just skip a game, wait another year when you can buy used. My only purchase on SC so far was the game and I can't get Nightfall(a game I want is going for real cheap so saving up for that) this year,doesn't mean I cut connections with the fandom or swore to never buy again because somehow I'm less of a fan.

Heck,took a break for Undertale hype because seeing Skylanders drama got tiring, feeling more than ready for the comics and Battlecast now that it's refreshing again.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:01:28 18/11/2015 by Bifrost
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#12 Posted: 18:59:13 18/11/2015
What I do to decide to quit (or just skip a game) is analyze the first few announcements about the next game.

Does it have the same Skylanders feel as the other games?

Is the gimmick pricey and overdone, or is it blended it nicely?

Do the new Skylanders feel unique?

Is Kaos back with a new plot hole (thankfully fixed in Superchargers)?

and lastly...

Is Flynn in the game?

If most of it checks out, I end up buying the game, but if not, I will either wait until Christmas, or if I don't like it, skip the game entirely. Whether the next game after that will be good or not is what determines if I "quit."
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#13 Posted: 19:18:35 18/11/2015
To the OP, you cannot quit and not explain why. I mean no one really cares either way what you do but some of us are morbidly curious about what made you come to such a decision. I can assume and guess as several of us complain all the time about what's wrong but it's better when your opinion is shared so we can all comment (and ultimately ridicule you smilie LOL) about it.

Personally I took a mini-vacation with SuperChargers where I simply bought the bare minimum cheaply (plus a Splat) because I simply don't care for the racing content. I'll probably be be right back in full swing next year with a better gimmick in Sky 6 though. What happed this year wasn't enough for me to give up the franchise but it was enough to curb my spending a great deal.

That and how cheap these figures become after a year or two, it's a bit foolish for me to have "collect them all"-itis and pay full retail when they can be had for a third of their MSRP with just a bit of waiting. It's something I've noticed in Swap Force and have been doing for three years now. Currently I'm buying all my skipped SF characters rather cheaply from these Gamestop sales.
---
Stay Cool!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me