Page 1 of 1
No Sea Skymiibo?
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1 Posted: 02:16:54 17/11/2015 | Topic Creator
This just occurred to me. Donkey Kong and his Barrel Blaster are the Land terrain Skymiibo, Bowser and his Clown Cruiser are the Sky Skymiibo, and we actually didn't get a Skymiibo and Nintendo-exclusive vehicle for the Sea terrain. I'm not complaining, but, when you think about it, it actually would've been perfect to have three.

I mean, DK and Barrel Blaster for Wii U starters,
Bowser and Clown Cruiser for Wii starters,
And they could've had the Sea Terrain Skymiibo combo in the 3DS starters.

Although, I guess that would kind of ruin the balance of 20 characters and vehicles.

I even did my own concept of one here:
http://adamgregory03.deviantar...mGregory03&qo=0
Shameful plug over. smilie
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 02:20:26 17/11/2015
20 characters and 20 vehicles is excluding DK and Bowser.
It's 22.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#3 Posted: 02:32:46 17/11/2015
The person who originally created Star Ringer Rosalina and the Star Surfer must be better than my own Sea Skymiibo, although I still would like to have Yoshi as a Magic Skylander with feathery wings and a Water Sea Vehicle called the River Dragon.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#4 Posted: 03:21:02 17/11/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
It's 22.

What? Is there some underground re-imagined Blackout and Spotlight???
#5 Posted: 03:38:11 17/11/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
It's 22.

Actually, it 18 characters and 18 vehicles excluding DK and Bowser. So it's 20 in total in Nintendo games, not 22.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#6 Posted: 04:05:06 17/11/2015
No, it's 20 including DK and Bowser. Two characters for each of the original eight elements, and one for light and dark, that makes 18. Add DK and Bowser to make a total of 20.
---
Any last wishes?
#7 Posted: 04:21:34 17/11/2015
Whatever you say.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#8 Posted: 06:40:28 17/11/2015
I still think Fox McCloud would have been awesome as an amiibolander...plus, he has a vehicle of each type! Arwing for sky, Landmaster for land and Blue Marine for sea!
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#9 Posted: 11:41:32 17/11/2015
I think Yoshi or Toad would be a perfect sea skymiibo.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#10 Posted: 12:14:10 17/11/2015
Quote: Wishblade
No, it's 20 including DK and Bowser. Two characters for each of the original eight elements, and one for light and dark, that makes 18. Add DK and Bowser to make a total of 20.

Wow. That's news to me.
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#11 Posted: 13:02:07 17/11/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
This just occurred to me. Donkey Kong and his Barrel Blaster are the Land terrain Skymiibo, Bowser and his Clown Cruiser are the Sky Skymiibo, and we actually didn't get a Skymiibo and Nintendo-exclusive vehicle for the Sea terrain. I'm not complaining, but, when you think about it, it actually would've been perfect to have three.

Although, I guess that would kind of ruin the balance of 20 characters and vehicles.

Wow, you really put a lot of work into that, didn't you? I'm impressed! smilie

As for your thoughts on a Sea-based Skybrid...I have to agree with you. For things to be in balance with the SuperCharger selection (in my opinion, at least), there needs to be an equal number of Sea and Sky Vehicles on all platforms. I've figured out a solution to the balance issue for my own collection by skipping a few Vehicles, including one Air Vehicle, which means I'd have an equal amount of Sea and Sky Vehicles. smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:03:00 17/11/2015 by GamerZack7
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#12 Posted: 13:03:43 17/11/2015
I think that the Inklings are a perfect choice for Sea vehicles. I posted my ideas of moveset on my Database (below) because of that. Sorry for the advertising here.
---
Bruh
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#13 Posted: 15:31:53 17/11/2015
Thought when you think about it Trap Team is the only game with an uneven amount of new Skylanders per Element.

SuperChargers has 10 new Skylanders, one per Element and then 8 revamps and 2 Skymiibos which I cannot include in the overall count of universal figures simply because they aren't playable everywhere.

I do have to agree it was kinda weird not creating a third guest-star for Sea as well to stick inside 3DS Starter Packs, for example.
They wouldn't even had limitations in terms of pairings since Skymiibos don't match their vehicles' Elements.

Guess they didn't wanted to exaggerate with the Starter Pack's exclusives.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#14 Posted: 15:38:01 17/11/2015
What about the other video game brands; PlayStation and Xbox?

XBOX - Conker the Squirrel, Banjo & Kazooie, Battletoads
PS - Sly Cooper, Jak, Daxter, Ratchet & Clank
#15 Posted: 15:44:28 17/11/2015
But neither Sony nor Microsoft own a TtL franchise as of now.
Skymiibos worked because they are a cross between two type of figures.

Plus I don't think there are Sony or Microsoft fanboys among the devs. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#16 Posted: 16:41:19 17/11/2015 | Topic Creator
True, though really, it's not like they'd need to make it half another figure line in order for it to work.
---
Check this out! Please?
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#17 Posted: 17:58:39 17/11/2015
I smell a variant incoming:

Skymiibo Gill Grunt: Gill Grunt wearing a red Mario cap because we all know how much we need more Gill Grunt in our lives.
#18 Posted: 05:47:28 24/11/2015
I'm kind of wondering if Vicarious Visions is going to throw a massive curve-ball and say, "Oh, by the way, here's a third Skybrid combo for Sea races. Merry your December holiday!"

I still think it's weird that they specifically state OVER 40 SuperChargers and Vehicles to collect; that is highly inaccurate even for players on Nintendo hardware, who have EXACTLY 40 figures to collect. Now, if there was a secret Yoshi Skybrid with a Sea Vehicle or some such, that would bump up the number of figures to 42, and thus make the above statement accurate, even if it only applies to Nintendo players.

Then again, I suppose they could surprise everyone with smilie , smilie , smilie and smilie as SuperChargers instead, which would also be sweet. Anything's possible in the World of Skylands! smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:48:47 24/11/2015 by GamerZack7
#19 Posted: 07:15:30 24/11/2015
Quote: GamerZack7
I'm kind of wondering if Vicarious Visions is going to throw a massive curve-ball and say, "Oh, by the way, here's a third Skybrid combo for Sea races. Merry your December holiday!"

I still think it's weird that they specifically state OVER 40 SuperChargers and Vehicles to collect; that is highly inaccurate even for players on Nintendo hardware, who have EXACTLY 40 figures to collect. Now, if there was a secret Yoshi Skybrid with a Sea Vehicle or some such, that would bump up the number of figures to 42, and thus make the above statement accurate, even if it only applies to Nintendo players.

Then again, I suppose they could surprise everyone with smilie , smilie , smilie and smilie as SuperChargers instead, which would also be sweet. Anything's possible in the World of Skylands! smilie

I think they include variants in that count.
And SuperChargers probably have 40+ figures even by simply considering variants... smilie

I guess the 3DS should have revealed that as well just like it revealed Light and Dark characters last year.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#20 Posted: 13:23:01 24/11/2015
Quote: Drek95
And SuperChargers probably have 40+ figures even by simply considering variants... smilie

Oh yeah, I hadn't considered that... smilie

Quote:
I guess the 3DS should have revealed that as well just like it revealed Light and Dark characters last year.

I assume the 3DS version lists every known variant then? smilie
---
*Currently absent*
#21 Posted: 15:04:21 24/11/2015
Quote: GamerZack7
Quote: Drek95

Oh yeah, I hadn't considered that... smilie

Quote:

I assume the 3DS version lists every known variant then? smilie

No but we are talking about a new character here not a variant.
Though I'm not entirely sure how the 3DS version works, this time, since using different character probably impacts gameplay remotely.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#22 Posted: 15:59:19 24/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Usually, the 3DS version does list unannounced/unreleased variants though. That's how we got official confirmation of Love Potion Pop Fizz and King Cobra Cadabra and those Mini variants for Trap Team, right?
---
Check this out! Please?
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#23 Posted: 16:29:55 24/11/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

You make a good point, this clearly wasn't thought out properly.
---
^ You all know it's true
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me