Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Legends of Skylands! [CLOSED]
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#1 Posted: 18:34:14 16/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Hiya! So I'm going to be writing my story that's about two boys, Bruce Wilson and Drew Mann. They will have many adventures in Skylands but meet an enemy that they would never expect... Anyways... Here we go!

The Legend of Skylands

Prologue:

One day in the Skylanders Academy, a little purple dragon named Spyro was rushing toward the entrance. He rammed the two heavy doors open with his blazing, flame horns. "ALLY!" Spyro yelled. His voice echoed across the walls. A girl, the age of twelve, and quite tall for her age, came down the stairs. Her eyes bright brown, and hair brown as well, flowing with life. "Yes, my little fire throat?" She teased. "Er.. Sorry but, today's not the time to play games... I have news..." Ally's face turned serious. "What kind of news?" "There are other humans.. With the powers..." Spyro said. She gasped. She then inhaled deeply and sighed quietly. "Alright.. Get Camo, Starstrike, Cynder, and Jet-Vac. They're the only ones not busy at the moment." Spyro nodded and rushed out of the academy. All was silent. "This.. Might change everything.." Ally said. She sighed, remembering her life on Earth, how she was almost always left out and how she was so lonely as a child. She remembered the first shock of how important she was when she found out her destiny in Skylands. Now.. That might all change...

Chapter 1 Shall be posted tomorrow! smilie Enjoy!
#2 Posted: 21:24:02 16/11/2015 | Topic Creator
You know what? Forget what I said above, time for chapter 1! Better hold on to something because, the hype train is shifting into maximum overdrive! Here we go!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 1 The Beginning

It's still hard to believe. How my life changed when I least expected it. It just seemed like a normal day, I Bruce Wilson, was walking home from school. I was headed for my house with my friend, Drew Mann. "Eh... I hate when school starts back. When do we have a break again?" Drew sighed. "Dude, this is our first day of school! It's gonna be a while before we get a break." I said. "Sadly.." Muttered Drew. I sighed. I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of school either. The only thing I like there is P.E, I was a huge jock. We approached my one story house. We walked along the pebbled road to the steps. I opened the clear glass door, relived to feeling the cool air in the house compared to the hot summer day. "Well, wanna play a video game or something?" Asked Drew. "Sure." I said. I rummaged through my game disks. I pulled out an old dusty one that I had barely touched. "Heh, so that's where that went.." I said. "What?" Said Drew, peering over my shoulder. "This "Skylander's Adventure" or something.." "Oh.." He said in a bored tone. "Isn't that the game that Ally girl is pretty much obsessed with?" Asked Drew. "Yeah, she takes it so seriously. Like it's actually real or something.." I said. Drew chuckled. All was silent for a moment. "Well..." Drew rolled off his tongue. "Maybe it's better than you remember.." He said. "Alright." I said. I turned on the Xbox 360 and started the game. "Wait.. Don't you need the little toys to play the game?" Asked Drew. "Oh crud I forgot!" I said. I dug through a basket and pulled out two figures. "Heh, good enough." I said. I held one that looked like a fish dragon standing on water and another that was like a pheonix. "I'll take the water dragon." Drew said. I handed it to him. "I guess I get the sun bird then." I noticed there was a message on the screen. "Oh dang It! I forgot the little portal thing!" I rummaged through a bin and pulled out a dusty platform. I turned it on and it glowed brightly. I placed my toy on first. The little symbol on the bottom of the figure showed up on the screen and the bird appeared and screeched. I chuckled at the kiddy game. Drew placed on his. The water dragon appeared on the screen making little growling nosies with a gargled effect to it. Drew laughed at it. "That is so ridiculous!" Drew laughed. "Why does she like this crud?!" He laughed harder. Our characters were placed in a grassy place. The hub world. We played around it for a bit. Making fun of our characters' random noises and nonsense attacks. And that's when things got weird.. A huge boom echoed outside rumbling the ground and blacking out the power. Our game got cut off and we panicked in the dark house. "Don't worry boys, I got this!" My mom called to us. "You need some fresh air anyway, get off the electronics for a bit." "Alright!" I called back as we went out the door into the yard. "Well, what do we do now?" Asked Drew. "I honestly have no clue." I looked around for something interesting, but nothing. "I wonder what that boom was.." Said Drew. "I don't know.." I said remembering that caused the blackout. Suddenly there was a rustle in the bushes by our house. I stepped closer noticing faint smoke. "Gah!" I yelled thinking there was a small fire. "Relax dude, your power is just probably fried. Especially from a boom like that." Drew comforted me. We stepped closer noticing that the power wasn't fried but there was a series of small craters and creatures inside...

Chapter 2 The Skylanders

Coming soon!
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#3 Posted: 03:24:10 17/11/2015
Wow, this story is awesome! Keep up the AMAZING work! smilie
---
Spread those positive vibes
#4 Posted: 08:39:44 17/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Oh thank you Will! Glad you like it, chapter 2 shall be posted soon! smilie
#5 Posted: 08:49:32 17/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Because chapter 2 looked short to me, I thought why not just post 2 and 3? Enjoy! smilie
Chapter 2 The Skylanders

"GAH!" I yelled even louder this time. I reluctantly looked back into the craters seeing a violet dragoness, a leaf dragon, some what of a sorceress, and an eagle man. I really wasn't sure what to do. Are they friends are they foes? Honestly, nothing is making sense today! Drew's voice quavered. "W-what are those things?!" I didn't speak, I just shook my head. They didn't seem to be conscious so I stepped closer. "What are you doing?! They could be aliens for all you know!" I ignored Drew's remark. I studied each one and then it hit me. "They aren't aliens, Drew." I said. "Well.. What are they then?" "They're Skylanders.." "How are you so sure?" I wasn't sure how to answer that question, so it kind of came out blandly. "They just kind of have that Skylander-y touch to them, y'know?" Drew looked at me like I was insane. Then he noticed too. "Actually..." He said. "You're right! They do look like Skylanders!" This day definitely took a turn for the weird. "What do we do with them though?" Asked Drew. He honestly was right, I hadn't figured out what to do up to this point. "Maybe we should wake them?" I said unsure of myself. "Bruce! Are you nuts?! They coul-" Before he could finish, one of the Skylanders woke up. The violet dragoness stepped out of the crater. Something about her stare gave me a deathly feeling.. Drew and I both screamed like little girls. "OHHHHH GOOOOSH IT'S GUNNA KILL US!" Drew yelled at the top of his lungs. After a long time of screaming, Drew stopped. I had stopped a long time ago. The dragoness just stared at us. She examined us from head to toe, first me, then Drew. Drew leaned over and whispered to me. "What's she going to do to us?" "Just stay calm.." I said not even believing my own words. Finally, she spoke. "Yep.. You're the ones." She said. We just stood there like dingbat idiots. Then I spoke, collecting all the nerves I could. "The..ones?" She turned around and examined her friends in the craters nudging them to wake them up. Then she answered my question.
"Yes, you're the ones that have the powers." "W-what powers?!" Drew said in a panicked tone. Now, all the Skylanders were awake. "The powers of the portals." They all said.
Chapter 3 Portal Masters Bruce and Drew

So far, today has been the weirdest day of my life. First, there's a giant boom. Then, there's creatures in the craters of what made the boom. NOW, they're telling me that my friend, Drew and I have these "powers of the portals"! What the heck could this all mean?! Drew spoke first. "What exactly are the "powers of the portals" or whatever?"
The dragoness that I suddenly remembered seeing her name on the Skylander poster that had come in the starters pack, Cynder spoke up first out of the group. "Well, the powers of the portals are kind of powers that special humans gain. It happened when the magic of Skylands reached other worlds, more specifically Earth." "So, why us?" Asked Drew. "The magic has mysterious ways of working." Cynder said. "But wha-" Drew was cut off by Cynder. "OKAY! Enough questions, if you have more come with us." Cynder went to the door of the house. "H-hey! What are you doing?!" I said getting in front of Cynder. "You have a portal don't you?" Asked Cynder. "Yeah but... I doubt it would be normal for my mom to see a dragon in the house, wouldn't you think?" I tried to persuade her the best I could. "I suppose." Said Cynder. "I'll get the portal. Drew, you stay here." Drew nodded not saying anything. He was still in awe at what was happening. So was I. I walked in my house and grabbed the portal out of the living room which was still blacked out. As I walked to the door, I wondered why I went along with this. Why didn't I just say I would do it and never come out? Why did I trust these Skylanders? Why did I feel like..there was a connection...? I shook these thoughts out of my head. As I approached the door, I stopped and thought about leaving. What would mom think? I turned around and called to her. "Mom!" "Yes?" She answered. "I'm gonna stay at Drew's for a bit!" "Alright! Just be sure to go to bed on time!" She called back "I will!" I felt a tiny bit a sorrow in my stomach. Usually boys are connected to their dads more than their moms but, dad left a long time ago. I never really got to know him. I had a very good relationship with mom and it hurt to leave her not knowing if I would come back.. "Goodbye mom.." I whispered. I stepped outside into the golden light of the sunset. So many events occurred that I forgot the day was becoming late. "Alright, here's your portal. What do we do now?" I said. "Place it on the ground." Cynder said. I did as the dragoness said and placed the portal on the smooth pebble path. Cynder stepped back and nodded to the sorceress out of the group. She did not have a face only a hood over her head and two glowing eyes inside. She didn't have feet either, she only floated. She held some kind of magic orb in her gloved hands and threw it onto the portal. The portal grew larger and became more than a plastic toy. It became a real portal. It shimmered, giving off different colored light auras. All the crew stepped on and disappeared except for Cynder. She turned to us. "I forgot to introduce everyone, I know it's a bad time now but.. I guess it's a better time than ever." I nodded to her signaling for her to continue. "I'm Cynder." "I know, I saw you on the poster that came with the Skylander starter pack." She nodded and continued. "The others were, Camo, Starstrike, and Jet-Vac." Drew chuckled a bit. Cynder shot him a cold stare and he froze back into place. She jumped on the portal and disappeared. Drew said, "See you on the other side." We nodded to each other one last time before he left. He got on and dissolved into mist, leaving me there. Alone. It was fully night time now. I sighed. I looked back at home, mom finally fixed the power. She was in the kitchen near the window. She looked up and smiled at me and waved. I worked up a smile and waved back. The portal was too short to see from her point of view. She mouthed "I love you" to me and went back to washing the dishes. I looked at the portal and stepped on. I whispered, "I love you too..", and disappeared, with the portal disappearing behind me too.
Chapter 4 Welcome to Skylands

Coming soon!
#6 Posted: 00:32:00 18/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Here comes chapter 4! smilie

Chapter 4 Welcome to Skylands

As I disappeared, I felt so strange. I watched myself turn mist. When I finally was nothing, I felt my self getting less conscious. Before I totally blacked out, I saw my house from above. Even as mist, I felt so sad leaving mom... Then, I blacked out. When I awoke, I found myself in a small bedroom. Light was shining in on me through a window. I thought this had all been a dream but, I noticed this wasn't my room. I was in a stone bedroom, it still felt cozy though. There was a small bookshelf, a nightstand with a lamp on it, and some weird pale white plant in the corner of the room. There were also purple curtains near the window. I heard lots of voices outside and wondered where I was. That's when it hit me. "SKYLANDS!" I thought out loud. I jumped out of bed and rushed to the window. What I saw was breathtaking... There was a huge academy outside what seemed to be a tower I was staying in... There were creatures all shapes and sizes outside! Some were training, some where testing all sorts of vehicles, and some just chatted. That feeling of sorrow had left me and had been replaced with amazement and excitement! Then I realized something... "Drew!" I thought aloud once again. Where could he be? I went over to the wooden door in the front of the room near the bookcase. I opened the door and went down the what felt like a forever spiral staircase down the tower. When I finally made it down, I opened another wooden door and found something slightly more surprising.. The tower was on a floating island that connected to another island that held up the academy! Was that even possible? Is all THIS even possible?! All these questions fluttered through my head like butterflies. I walked over to the bridge that connected the small island that my tower was on to the large one the academy was on. I took steady steps, holding on to the rail of the bridge. I quietly stepped on the island that the academy was on and took deep breaths, hoping I wouldn't be noticed. Though, being unnoticed was kind of impossible here. There seemed to be hundreds of different creatures on the island! From dragons, to humanoids, and to lots of other weird creatures! I got a few stares from them.. The ones that had been chatting had suddenly gone to whispering to whoever they were talking to and stared at me while they did so... I felt so awkward... I had wished that Drew was by my side so I would feel less awkward. I made my way over to the huge doors of the academy, and rushed right in without even looking back. The inside of the academy was much more quiet. That's when I spotted Drew. He was with someone though.. I ignored the other person and just yelled for Drew. "Drew!" I yelled. My voice echoed way more than I wanted it to... Drew had turned around and gone down the short steps of the academy library. "Bruce, you're finally awake!" He said relived. Usually we would fist bump or chest bump but, this time we hugged each other tightly. I had been needing a hug in all this sense of insecurity and non sense! At that moment, that's when the mysterious person had come down the steps. They had a purple cloak on and a band tied to their waist with some kind of purple star symbol on it.. Drew and I stopped hugging and stood at attention. No one spoke for a moment. I had finally worked up the words to speak. "W-who are you? Are you the one who took us here? Are you the one behi-" They suddenly held up a hand to stop me in mid-sentence. A young female voice came out of the hood of the cloak. "To answer your questions.. Yes, I am the one behind this and the one who sent the Skylanders to take you here. You are truly the ones." She said. The voice sounded familiar but... Why? "But.. You still haven't answered my first question.." I said. "Oh yes.." She said as she grabbed the rim of the hood and took it off. "My name is Ally."
Chapter 5 Picking A Skylander

Coming soon!
#7 Posted: 11:52:53 18/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter 5! smilie

Chapter 5 Picking A Skylander

"Y-YOU?!" My voice echoed loudly again, this academy was a lot more empty than I thought.. "Why so surprised? I would've thought it would have obviously been me." She said in a sly tone. "Y-yeah but... We would've thought someone more... You know... REGAL, would have been in charge..?" Drew said. "Oh! Am I not regal enough for you? I thought I would have been the one who would've put this little situation more easily on you but... I guess I'll have to take you to Master Eon if you insist on someone more regal..." She said sarcastically. I knew what she was doing. She was toying with us, knowing we were clueless and unaware about the reason we had to come here and why we had these powers...And it wasn't funny. "Well how about you take us to this Eon dude, eh? Since you obviously can't be serious about this!" I snapped at her. She suddenly stared at us. Something about that stare was almost as scary as Cynder's... "Well, since you obviously don't know how to have fun... Besides, Master Eon is busy anyway. Now, c'mon!" She said. "Let's go pick out your Skylanders." I had been so angry with Ally that I had forgotten that I was in Skylands. "O-oh..." Drew said. I felt as uneasy as Drew, what did she mean? Pick out a Skylander... "What do you mean by: "Pick out"?" I asked uneasily. "I mean, you're about to find your life long partner that'll help you fight the forces of evil." She said. All this sounded ludicrous.. Drew and I reluctantly walked out the academy doors with her. She shouted an order to the Skylanders. "SKYLANDERS, LINE UP IN ELEMENTAL ORDER IN THE TRAINING GROUNDS!" Like they were hypnotized, they immediately stopped what they were doing, and lined up in the training area. "Elemental order?" I asked. "Yes, there are ten elements of Skylands. Light, Dark, Life, Tech, Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Undead, and most importantly, Magic!" She said. "That... Actually sounds cool!" Drew said sounding more excited. We walked down the steps in front of the line of Skylanders. "Oh, and one more thing! The Skylander that becomes your partner will also determine your Portal Master Element!" Ally said. "What's yours then?" Asked Drew. "Magic!" She said proudly. "And your partner?" I said feeling more curious. "SPYRO!" She yelled at the top of her lungs. Right after she said the name, a little purple dragon, presumably Spyro, landed by her side. She hugged and petted him. Watching them made me feel warm inside. It was sweet. Drew and I turned our attention back to the Skylanders. "How will we know which one would fit us?" I asked. "Trust me, you'll know! It's that feeling when there's a connection..." Something about her words almost moved me in a way... I looked down the row, seeing all kinds of Skylanders. It was easy to distinguish them from their elements. I went over to the fire section, I noticed that the pheonix from before was there... We stared into each others eyes... I felt some kind of warm and fuzzy feeling inside at that moment. Ally walked over to us with Drew, who already had his Skylander. I turned to see him. It seemed that he had the Skylander from before too. "His name is Zap!" Drew said proudly. "Did you feel that connection yet, Bruce?" Ally asked. "Yeah.." I said focusing my attention all on the pheonix now. She stepped closer, examining my Skylander. "Sunburn, huh? He's half pheonix, half dragon, and all firepower!" She said. "Awesome..." I said. "Well, is this the one you want? There's no turning back." There was no argument. I wanted Sunburn, and it seemed he wanted me too! "Yes!" I said feeling happier than ever! "Alright!" Sunburn said. "You can talk?!" I said. "Of course, all Skylanders can talk!" Sunburn said. "Well, I know you two have a lot to talk about, so I'll leave you two to your tower!" Ally said cheerfully. She gave the other Skylanders permission to leave, and they all scattered to their own business. I noticed Drew had a tower next to mine. That made me feel better. I also noticed Drew and his Skylander, Zap, were rushing to their tower idly chatting a storm! Sunburn and I went up to our tower. I could tell he was tired and I was too... It was dark outside and the Skylanders had all gone in the academy. Sunburn and I reached the bedroom. He settled at the foot of the bed and I snuggled in the warm, fluffy covers. Sunburn's body radiated with warmth that kept my feet from being cold all night. Today had been a big day... I just wonder what excitement awaited me tomorrow...
Chapter 6 Training Day

Coming Soon!
#8 Posted: 20:49:16 19/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter 6 Training Day

I had slept heavily that night, as the sun rose I felt a warm nudge on my face. I worked my tired eyes open to see none other than Sunburn in my face. "Is it morning yet, Sunburn?" I asked. "Yep!" He said somehow full of energy. "How are you not tired?" I asked with a yawn. "Time may be different here, Bruce. Chin up though, today's our first training day!" Sunburn said with glee. "Training?" I asked, rubbing my eye. "Yeah! There's all kinds of commands you can give me, and I could even fly you around the academy if you wanted me too. Not to sound full of myself but, I think you made a good choice when it comes to fire Skylanders, Bruce!" Sunburn said with dignity in his voice. "Yeah..." I said dreamily. Everything sounded awesome in Skylands. I got out of bed and went down the spiral staircase with Sunburn to the academy training grounds. There were all kinds of punching dummies around the yard. Sunburn stood at my side staring at me. "...what?" I tilted my head at him. "Well, tell me what to do!" Sunburn said. "Oh, that's right, I have to COMMAND you..." I said realizing my mistake. Sunburn nodded to me. "Alright... Use your main attack on one of the dummies, Sunburn!" I called to him. Without hesitation, Sunburn swiftly trotted to the dummy and let loose a powerful flame breath! "Wow..." I said as Sunburn pretty much destroyed the dummy with his amazing powers. "Alright, now give me another command!" Said Sunburn with fighting fire in his eyes. "Oh um.." I had only remembered Sunburn's main attack from playing Skylanders with Drew... How would I be able to remember the others? "Oh Sunburn! Stop pushing him so much, he didn't even know your name when he met you! How do you expect him to know your attacks?" A voice called out. I turned around to see Ally walking down to the training grounds as well. Today she was wearing a purple sundress, with what seemed to look like real stars on it... She was holding a book titled: Skylanders and Powers. She turned to a page and handed the book to me. "Here, try calling out these commands." She said. I looked at the many commands and photos of how the attacks looked. They looked amazing, I had to try them out! I turned to Sunburn once again. "Okay Sunburn use, Immolation Teleport!" I called out to him. Sunburn nodded to me, and before I knew it, he was engulfed in a flame and disappeared! I stared in awe, teleportation was possible! Where was Sunburn though? A moment later, Sunburn appeared behind a dummy in a burst of flame damaging the dummy in the process! "Awesome!" I called out to him! I turned my head back to the book and looked at the other commands. "Okay Sunburn! Now use Phoenix Grand Blaze!" Once again, Sunburn did what he was told. This time, he inhaled deeply and let loose a more powerful flame on the dummy! That's not all that happened though, the heat increased and his feathers went alight! This was part of the command it seemed, his powers were truly a sight to behold! He soon stopped and sighed with relief. "Whew, even being a pheonix and everything... That was still some intense heat there!" I could tell he was worn out, so we took a break. We went to the academy lunch area and dug into some watermelon! Ally sat next to us. She was eating a turkey leg like a wild animal! I stared at her. She looked up and stopped, she dabbed her face with a napkin all lady like. "Hehe! Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm a meat lover..." She said slightly embarrassed. I chuckled. Suddenly, I heard electrical noises outside... "What's that?" I asked her. "Oh! Drew must be training with Zap! Let's go check it out." She said jumping out of her chair. Sunburn and I followed. As we went over to the rail where you could watch the training from above, I saw that Drew had a copy of the "Skylanders and Powers" book. He was calling commands out to his Skylander without even looking at the book! "Alright Zap, use MegaVolt!" Called out Drew. The little water dragon powered up an electrical charge in his mouth... He then released the electric blast onto the dummy, causing an electric explosion and leaving electricity still surging through the dummy! "Incredible..." I said under my breath. Drew looked up at us. "Oh hey Bruce!" He called up. Drew walked up the stairs from the training grounds and came to see about us. "So, how's Sunburn?" Drew asked. "Amazing! How's Zap?" I asked. "Well, from what you've seen... He's off. The. HOOK!" He said. Zap came to his side and sat down beside Drew closing his eyes dignified. Drew patted Zap on the head. We talked for a couple more minutes and Drew went back to training. After a bit of exploring the academy with Sunburn, we went back to the tower and chatted about our day so far. "So, how you teleport like that... Do you think that you'd be able to teleport me with you if I stayed close to you or something?" I asked with hope. "Well sure! Wanna try it out?" He asked. "Sure! We better do it outside though.. We can't risk setting our bed on fire!" I said. We went to the training grounds. I looked up at the pink sky as the sun set... It was beautiful... When we finally made it to the training grounds, Sunburn looked up at me. "Alright just a warning, this may be a little hot..." I nodded to him and reassured him. "Don't worry, I remember Ally telling me that my first partner depends on my element or something. And because we're both the Fire Element, you shouldn't be able to affect me!" I said. "Alright then, here it goes." Sunburn wrapped his wings around me. At that moment, I had never felt so hot... OH GOSH! IT. WAS. SO. HOT! I don't think I've ever screamed louder, or more high pitched... I got out from under Sunburn, he hadn't even teleported yet! I ran around the training yard smoking and screaming at the same time! I noticed there was a small stream in the training yard. Without even thinking, I plain out belly flopped into that stream. I sighed with relief as I was cooled down. I crawled out of the river and faced Sunburn. "How did that happen? Thought it would work..." I sighed. "Well, it's best we better refrain from getting that close to each other again..." Sunburn said depressed. The only reason that Sunburn hadn't burned my toes while I was in bed was, I wasn't fully exposed to Sunburn's full body, plus the covers slightly blocked out his heat. Ally walked into the yard. "Who was screaming? Is something wrong?!" She panicked. Sunburn and I explained the whole thing. "Oh... Your powers may not have kicked in yet.." Ally said. I stared at her with the most flabbergasted face ever. "What... WHAT?! You couldn't have explained that BEFORE Sunburn almost cooked me?!" I yelled at her. "I'm sorry, I forgot about that part!" She said sounding defenseless. I sighed, calming down. "Sorry. I'm just tired..." I said looking up at the starry sky. Yeah, she said rubbing one eye. She was tired too.. "I think I'll head onto bed too.." She said as she left. Sunburn and I went to the tower and went to bed. I had a hard time sleeping that night... But not because of the burns that Sunburn gave me, but because of a dream I never though would be possible...
Chapter 7 The Chronicler

Coming soon!
#9 Posted: 08:55:17 20/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter 7 The Chronicler

I awoke in a strange place, full of strange floating islands and nothing but a starry sky as far as the eye could see all around... I looked around the islands... I noticed there was a large one with a castle structure on it... I suddenly wondered if anyone was here, I felt like I was being watched... "H-hello? Is there anyone here?" I called out. "Do not be frightened, young one. You are not alone..." An elderly voice with a bit of an English hint to it had called out. "Who are you? W-what is this place?" I called back. "I have summoned you here so that you might me warned... An old enemy approaches and time is running out for this world..." The voice called out again. "W-what?! This can't be right then! I haven't had my powers kick in yet!" I called in a panicked tone. "You seem to have abandoned your true calling. It is your destiny to harness the power of fire. Yet, you possess not..." The voice said. "Yeah, things are hard to comprehend here in Skylands..." I sighed. "Yes. Right now, your powers lay dormant within you... Let us see if we might awaken them..." Just as the voice had finished speaking, a platform appeared in front of me. It emitted heat and it glowed bright orange all around. I stepped on the platform and waited for the mysterious voice to speak again. "Clear your mind Bruce, feel the fire that flows in your veins. Allow it's heat to consume you, breath with it... Now rise up, and unleash the fire storm within you!" As the voice had finished, flames all around had risen up and swirled around me with intense tornado like sounds! At that moment, all time seemed to have stopped... I focused on all the heat around me, I was the fire storm! All time had returned to it's present, and the sounds continued and ended in a brilliant, blazing flame! "Excellent Bruce! You're a natural." The voice said impressed. I stepped off the platform, I was still shaking from that amazing feeling of heat. "That was amazing, thank you so much!" I called to the voice in gratitude. "Be warned though, young Bruce. Even though you have awakened your true potential, you may not have full control over it quite yet... Do not loose hope though, it will come to you when you need it most." The voice said. I nodded and hid my slight disappointment. "Now, go over to the tower. I will explain the other reason I have summoned you." The voice said. I nodded and jumped on the small floating platforms that led from island to island. I eventually made it to the castle like structure and went in. I noticed there was a portal in it. I waited in front of it for the voice. "Now young one, the other reason you have been summoned... You have the same pure heart that my one student I mentored once had... It has been written that you have a true destiny that lies in this world... You cannot let that be destroyed..." The voice said. "Alright. Still though, how could I possibly do this?" I asked worried. "Do not worry young one... You are not alone in this journey, you have allies." As the voice finished, and image of Sunburn, Drew, Zap, Spyro, Cynder and Ally appeared. It showed them back in the academy resting. As the image faded, I spoke again. "Alright, thank you for your help." I said. "You have done well, young Bruce... And now it is time for you to return. Be careful though, the enemy approaches..." The voice said. "Okay but, you still haven't told me who you are..." I said. "While I have a name, you may know me as The Chronicler." He said. "Seek me out..." I got a vision of a tree of some sort. As it faded away, I stepped on the portal and all went white. I woke up in my bed, lots of questions went through my mind. Who is the enemy? Why does my destiny lie here? Am I just having weird dreams? What will happen if I can't do this? So many unanswered questions... So many feelings and emotions... I suddenly remembered the vision of the tree I got. Maybe I should look for that tree? See if it's real? I thought to myself. As the sun rose, I made my decision. I was going to do as The Chronicler said and seek him out. I wasn't going alone though, I was going to take my friends. I was going to fulfill my destiny and save Skylands! As I thought about it more though... My stomach sank as I realized the big adventure that was ahead of me... And how little prepared I was...and how I was going to explain this to everyone...
Chapter 8 The Journey To The Chronicler
#10 Posted: 16:12:34 02/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Attention everyone who has been reading! I have decided to discontiue the story on this sight! Fear not though, if you wish to keep reading, the WHOLE story is completed on my WattPad account. The second part is also in progress! Hope you all enjoy! https://www.wattpad.com/user/Starlight_Shine_12
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me