Page 1 of 1
Most Underrated Skylanders?
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#1 Posted: 06:24:46 15/11/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm sure this topic exists somewhere around Dark Spyro, but we tend to get new characters all the time, so let's refresh this. As the title says, who do you think are the most underrated characters in the series?
For me:

Ghost Roaster - I've seen nothing but hatred for his upgrade paths, and it's a shame, as he's easily one of the most highly effective characters in the whole series. His ectoplasm path makes him a complete beast. I think problem here is people just don't understand his play style. He's a defense character, not speed.

Shroom Boom - I'm unsure if he's unpopular here, but it seems everyone I've met who plays the series, really regrets buying Shroom Boom. I'm not saying Shroom Boom is a great character, as he certainly isn't, but he plays well, he's fun to use, his concept is ghreat, and he's an adorable character. Not great, but definitely not deserving of that hatred.

Enigma - Hex used to be my absolute favorite, and now it's Enigma. So many people have told me Enigma is weak and can't do much... and that confuses me so much... Of all of the characters on Trap Team, none that I own seem as powerful, even Knight Mare doesn't hold a candle to this dude.

Head Rush - Am I seriously the only person who wanted a masculine female character who defies gender stereotypes? Almost always, the hate she gets tends to go toward her appearance, which... guys, we can have *one* masculine female character, seriously. Those few who hate her based on her playstyle... well she's an improved Tree Rex... what is there to hate?

Stormblade - I may not have played Superchargers, but as far as looks go, I simply can't get why she was hated so much before release. Are you really telling me that she's the problem, but that hideous Terafin revamp was okay? ._.

What's your most underrated characters?
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#2 Posted: 07:41:51 15/11/2015
With Enigma it was more that he was such a hyped character and looks so mystical and all he really does.....is wack people with a big stick. But I agree, he is fun and a powerhouse.

And were just bitter that Head Rush won't leave Target. smilie
---
Hahahahaha
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#3 Posted: 12:09:01 15/11/2015
Sprocket
So much hate it drives me insane. People who hate her are just pure buttonmasher it seems. She's a very complicated character and that's why I like her. She may not have the strongest attacks, but if you combine everything she goes insane.

Smolderdash
I wasn't here in the time of SF so I can't say how people liked her on her actual release. Today I think people don't see how powerful she actually is. She was never hated but also wasn't a fan-favorite either (while Fryno was for some reason). Her eclipse mode just turns her into a speedy beast. And don't get me started on the "sun crashes down on earth" attack.

Boom Jet
I admit he's not the strongest Skylander, but once again very fast. I think that next to all the other great Skylanders like Rattle Shake, Roller Brawl, Star Strike etc. he was just a face out in the crowd. I think he was a total tank. Why tank you ask, why because no enemie could get close to him. All of his attacks push either him or enemies back so that they can't collide with each other, to Boom Jet's advantage.

Smash Hit
It's the same case with him like with Smolderdash, not hated but neither loved. He's extremely powerful if you know how to play and has a massive amount of health for a Supercharger. I think he is pretty popular but not as popular as Bat Spin where everyone literally talked just about her (an obvious fan-fave).
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me