Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > Skylanders: Academy - General Discussion Topic
First | Page 2 of 58 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56 57 58
Skylanders: Academy - General Discussion Topic [STICKY]
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#51 Posted: 18:35:24 29/11/2015
I just hope it look and is better than the lion guard
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#52 Posted: 18:40:27 29/11/2015
Quote: fyra

Never heard of that show. Any chance you could elaborate on what happened to it?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#53 Posted: 18:59:03 29/11/2015
The Lion Guard is an upcoming Lion King tv series about Simba's son Kion leading a group of animals to protect the Pride Lands. But instead of the current Lion Guard being made of lions, Kion recruits his animal friends as members of the Lion Guard to help him protect their home. It's supposed to take place within TLK2 when Kiara is still a cub. The movie debut was last Sunday.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:02:26 29/11/2015 by Aura24
#54 Posted: 19:15:50 29/11/2015
Wow,thought they had given up in TLK after the midquel. Well, we can't really tell much from what Acti will do for their series, since it'll be first from the studio, we can only tell from who they're hiring's previous works and even then it's no guarantee.
---
#55 Posted: 19:26:56 29/11/2015
I hope the animation quality is similar to PandaPanther's, who did the Beginning Trailer for SSA, cutscenes and trailers for SG and SSF, and cutscenes of Trap Team.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#56 Posted: 19:28:06 29/11/2015
I just want spyro back I don't want that skylanders series who will probably be childish and suck
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#57 Posted: 19:35:09 29/11/2015
Do not start that on this topic. Please don't. Take that elsewhere.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:52:20 29/11/2015 by Aura24
#58 Posted: 19:37:13 29/11/2015
I just want spyro back I don't want that skylanders series who will probably be childish and suck

Dooooo not. Acti doesn't care about what you want, and if they won't, I'll just hope that the series will be good for those who like it like me, and usually childish is not included in the stories.
---
#59 Posted: 20:28:20 29/11/2015
I don't it will every project based of videogames have been crap
---
#60 Posted: 20:33:49 29/11/2015
Well,because they usually/always outsource it. This is being made by Activision themselves,just like the upcoming World of Warcraft movie. Most adaptations are made by a bunch of people that 1. don't care about the work 2. use a superficial view of the fandom as their only reference 3. try to shove their own views of the game and not the devs'. If the devs can actually oversee projects now,they'll stay more faithful.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:36:18 29/11/2015 by Bifrost
#61 Posted: 20:50:44 29/11/2015
She's becoming like another user here, gosh... Fyra, just stop with the Skylander bashing please. We get it, you hate Skylanders, just stop derailing the topic with your dislike/hate of it and move on to a non-Skylanders topic. Your derailment CAN be labelled as off-topic and can be removed by the moderators if you continue.

I hope the writing is good as David and Ron's in the Skylander comics.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:51:30 29/11/2015 by Aura24
#62 Posted: 21:01:01 29/11/2015
Aura, no need to insist, she said that it's just adaptations in general that suck. It's still on topic,if a bit generalizing.
---
#63 Posted: 21:23:22 29/11/2015
Her usual "wanting spyro back" bit threw me off a little, sorry.
---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#64 Posted: 02:12:48 30/11/2015

That show was NEVER meant for People our age. Same goes with Skylanders and yet people play it or watched that show.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#65 Posted: 04:22:07 30/11/2015
I hope this is good!

Ashley Tisdale better not screw this up
Gentleman Brawl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1050
#66 Posted: 19:42:05 09/12/2015
I honestly think this is a good idea.

It will finally give Skylander characters some actual character development.

My hope is that they do the 1-2 new character per episode, that serves as a main character for that episode kinda deal, like Pokemon kinda does.
---
Fancy Skylanders are stronger in this zone.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#67 Posted: 03:25:38 10/12/2015
Heh. I've been waiting for this announcement for years now ... I'm surprised it took them this long, actually. Honestly, I'm not interested, but I hope you guys still enjoy it. Shame the Spyro cartoon I've always wanted had to be this lol.

(And who does Justin Long voice in other films?)
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#68 Posted: 05:08:35 10/12/2015
Justin voiced Patchi from Walking with Dinosaurs, Lem from Planet 51, Dwayne from Hair High, Alvin from the live action Alvin and the Chipmunks movies, and Humphrey from Alpha and Omega.
---
gotmilk0112 Green Sparx Gems: 254
#69 Posted: 22:50:10 22/12/2015
Now a TV show?

They're just milking the **** out of this franchise, aren't they.
#70 Posted: 23:23:36 22/12/2015
Yeah,how dare a franchise make money. People have been asking this since the second year.
---
#71 Posted: 23:40:17 22/12/2015
I just hope dragons show up a lot and not get forgotten
---
#72 Posted: 23:45:21 22/12/2015
Fyra, dragons won't be forgotten all because they won't appear in a few episodes. Come on now. Think logically.
---
#73 Posted: 23:57:59 22/12/2015
It just that they seem forgotten in the games they don't have any products based on them.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#74 Posted: 00:02:27 23/12/2015
I just hope dragons show up a lot and not get forgotten

I'd expect Spyro to be the main dragon with the others appearing every so often. Can't have the entire show focus on the dragons or it'd get boring. Too many of the same species is pretty stupid.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#75 Posted: 00:54:09 23/12/2015
I agree too but too many of the others in marketing is annoying,just give me a cynder,whirlwind,flashwing plushie please.
---
#76 Posted: 15:33:04 23/12/2015
I'm actually surprised there isn't a Whirlwind plushie since both dev teams love her. Maybe she's too large while Spyro and non-dragons don't have a huge wingspan or serpentine torsos and that interferes with plushies.
---
gotmilk0112 Green Sparx Gems: 254
#77 Posted: 16:18:23 23/12/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Yeah,how dare a franchise make money. People have been asking this since the second year.

There's a difference between "making money" and "churning out 5 games in 3 years and releasing a ****ton of DLC for each one and now making a full cartoon to go along with it".

Skylanders is being milked for all it's worth, and it's sad that Spyro has to be involved in the cluster**** of marketing rush.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:18:51 23/12/2015 by gotmilk0112
#78 Posted: 16:26:00 23/12/2015
I completely agree it's why I hate it.
---
#79 Posted: 16:36:16 23/12/2015
You might want to check your math. 5 games in five years. Physical DLC that you DON'T HAVE to buy with the exception of starter packs and even then only one of them is actually required. 'Sides, not the only yearly game, and if it was toys to life or not Acti would make it like this anyway because they're pretty much built on thinking short term.

At least we're getting something featuring Spyro when they could've used any other character, while people hoping for classic Spyro cartoon can just dream on.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:37:41 23/12/2015 by Bifrost
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#80 Posted: 03:29:50 30/12/2015
To be fair: 5 main games and 5 complimentary games (4 3DS exclusives + SC Racing for 3DS/Wii), as well as side games on mobile/tablet and minor flash games on the website.

But yes, 5 years, not 3.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#81 Posted: 05:26:53 30/12/2015
Quote: gotmilk0112

There's a difference between "making money" and "churning out 5 games in 3 years and releasing a ****ton of DLC for each one and now making a full cartoon to go along with it".

Skylanders is being milked for all it's worth, and it's sad that Spyro has to be involved in the cluster**** of marketing rush.

I completely agree it's why I hate it.

Isn't this what nearly every other hugely successful franchise has done? "milk the **** out of it"? I mean really, I basically expected this,
Spyro isn't dead, the other games still exist, and the current version of Spyro is very similar to the personality of the original Spyro. It's just a video game character, grow up, you would complain if there was a TV series or not. A Tv series makes sense, especially for a video game series with easily marketable characters aimed at kids.

I don't know if I'll actually be watching this show, I don't even plan on buying the current Skylander game, but I'll probably tune in to see how it is.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#82 Posted: 07:49:18 30/12/2015
for those complaining about the show, you don't have to watch it. :\
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#83 Posted: 15:10:47 30/12/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
for those complaining about the show, you don't have to watch it. smilie

That's not the right thing to say. It's a easy escape from the criticism.

Now let's see:

Skylanders is a franchise. The reason Spyro and Skylanders exists is to, obviously, give money to the company that owns the franchise. Any big company makes this with his famous characters (Nintendo with Mario, Sega with Sonic, Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed). That is one of the primal rules in any market. If you have a famous character/product, milk this product while it gives money enough. Use what gives you money. There's no problem with it. Actually, I'm surprised that only since 2014 that Activision decided to really expand the franchise's scope.

It's not Skylanders fault that Spyro doesn't have a new game. If Skylanders doesn't existed, Spyro would be forgotten for years, just like Crash. At least now Spyro has something to do each year.
---
Bruh
#84 Posted: 22:21:15 31/12/2015
Except when no figures of him or Cynder are made for the newest game in that case they're worthless and easily forgotten in preferance of the more humanoid skylanders.
---
#85 Posted: 22:39:37 31/12/2015
Nooope. Superchargers is the only game with all humanoids because VV is too lazy --- I mean, it's easier to model biped drivers.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#86 Posted: 23:41:45 31/12/2015
Quote: gotmilk0112

I wouldn't be surprised if you were Pinkie The Pie or locoguy
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#87 Posted: 04:21:20 01/01/2016
Except when no figures of him or Cynder are made for the newest game in that case they're worthless and easily forgotten in preferance of the more humanoid skylanders.

There's no need of new Spyro figures. You can play with the old ones. Also, Spyro is the main character on the comic books and TV series, so he can't be forgotten forever.
---
Bruh
#88 Posted: 14:29:41 01/01/2016
Is it same for the other legend of spyro character(cynder) yes I m from the legend era so it's why I love Spyro
---
#89 Posted: 12:13:28 02/01/2016
Are you trying to say that TLOS should come back?

Because of if so, then it shouldn't. TLOS is a trilogy and it's done. The big bad had been defeated. The only reason why the original Spyro could continue past YOTD was because there was a new evil in every game. TLOS had one main villain throughout the trilogy and making another would just dampen it.

If you really miss them, then go back and play them again. They're still around. I'm not fan of TLOS at all and I'm not a fan of any classic game after YOTD, so I've put up with no Insomniac-like Spyro game for 16 years, yet I don't care because I know that the classic trilogy that I love is still there to play on the Playstation Network, and I've moved on from Spyro. I'm planning on replaying the classic trilogy soon. Having three games, a trilogy, isn't a bad thing and I don't see why every game should continue past the third, which is a decent amount of playtime. Just be happy that it even expanded into a trilogy, because there are some games out there who truly deserve much more than just one game, like Okami (or in Okami's case, one game and one ****ty sequel), yet don't get one.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#90 Posted: 15:16:45 02/01/2016
Been a while since I left a post on here, but I thought I'd just say these three hopes I have for the show:

I hope they don't just focus on the most popular or newest cast of Skylanders. We all know Activision tries to either push your Gill Grunts and Stealth Elfs and whoever is the star of the most recent game to try and make the other characters obsolete... And with how many Skylanders there are, it would be a seriously wasted opportunity to just focus on a certain group and barely give anyone else any screentime.

I hope we see some new Skylanders. Yeah, I know I'm pretty much contradicting what I just said above... But think about it, the show is called "Skylanders Academy", named after a place described as a school for new Skylanders... It would only make sense to use the show to promote characters from the next game.

I hope this show broadens the fandom to more people. Despite all their flaws, I think Skylanders is a pretty underrated game series, and I hope the writing and characters on the show would be great enough to make the fandom even bigger, perhaps as big as the Steven Universe or Undertale ones.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#91 Posted: 16:16:55 02/01/2016
And finally redeem it for me...
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#92 Posted: 17:12:00 02/01/2016

Oh right, forgot you were in the "Spyro got a face tuck so this game sucks" crowd.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#93 Posted: 00:44:24 03/01/2016

annnnd you ignored my post....
---
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#94 Posted: 01:31:15 03/01/2016
Has there been a trailer for the show released yet or even a small preview?
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
#95 Posted: 01:42:27 03/01/2016
Quote: SilverWolf2308
Has there been a trailer for the show released yet or even a small preview?

No. Not even images. Just info.
---
Bruh
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#96 Posted: 13:32:01 07/01/2016
Quote: StevemacQ
Quote: Aura24
Spyro reddit page is exploding with rage and salt when they saw that Spyro was going to be in the Skylanders show.

Heck, be glad he's finally in a tv series at least.

Does it even matter at this point? I would Spyro to have his own game again but he's still a Skylander. It's been nearly 5 years, people. Listen to that famous song in Frozen and take Elsa's advice.

*Walks in, shakes your hand and then leaves*
---
^ You all know it's true
#97 Posted: 18:00:08 20/01/2016
Just a thought.

Back in 2011, the Skylanders Beginning Trailer was featured on Nickelodeon instead of Cartoon Network or other cartoon channels. It may be possible they may have thre series on there.
---
#98 Posted: 18:02:00 20/01/2016
Quote: Aura24
Just a thought.

Back in 2011, the Skylanders Beginning Trailer was featured on Nickelodeon instead of Cartoon Network or other cartoon channels. It may be possible they may have thre series on there.

I hope to God it's on Cartoon Network.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#99 Posted: 18:51:30 20/01/2016
They also featured it on movies,though, but it'd take someone researching Acti's relationship with the channels to be sure.

Actually,don't they have a relationship with the current Transformers series? That's on Discovery Family.
---
#100 Posted: 19:00:18 20/01/2016
They also featured it on movies,though, but it'd take someone researching Acti's relationship with the channels to be sure.

Actually,don't they have a relationship with the current Transformers series? That's on Discovery Family.

The current Transformer series is on cartoon network, at 6 AM and doesn't show up any other time of the day.
---
First | Page 2 of 58 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 56 57 58

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me