Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Annoying Popup on mobile [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1 Posted: 23:51:02 20/10/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

This keeps popping up out of nowhere, only on dS. It seems to happen every 5 minutes or so, sometimes less. It also happens randomly while I'm just reading a page/typing (it happened again while making this topic).

After popping up, it tries to open the Google Play Store App and opens up a page for some "Android Antivirus" software. It doesn't seem like it's legit software though. Also when I close the browser and re-open it, the page will fail to load and then upon pressing back, it will say something along the lines of "information you were trying to send may not have sent properly". I'm definitely not sending anything of my own accord here.

But yeah this has never happened before but it's repeatedly happening all of a sudden. I also must stress that it's only happening on dS. I have checked my phone for any fishy files or APKs I never downloaded, but I have found none.

The part about sending data worries me and if possible I'd like this to be looked into.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:51:33 20/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 00:54:55 21/10/2015
Curse Forums is the one handling the ads though, I don't know if Dark can do much but send a complaint. I've had all sorts of shady ads on Curse forums, not just this one.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#3 Posted: 12:00:21 28/10/2015
It has been happening to me more recently aswell. I was worried that I had some kind of virus on my phone but clearly it's just a browser pop up. Whatever you do don't download it, it's most definitely malware.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me