Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Shadowland [Open] [CLOSED]
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#1 Posted: 21:10:00 18/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Let's get on with the stuff, shall we?
But, before that, I'd like to do the normal crediting of all images I used in this post. Credit to all you artists, and to Google Images!

Welcome to Shadowland!

In Shadowland, shadows seem to measure energy, health, life-force, things like that. Thing is, only special creatures can see this aspect of them. Normal humans tend to just judge what they look like based on the position of the sun. Some creatures feed upon the life-force of shadows, while others just contemplate on whether or not the shadow constitutes a healthy individual. Some creatures only exist as shadows. Shadows can even be present in a pitch-black environment...
You have been enrolled in the top school in the land. Will you just go about life normally, or end up fighting for survival?

Anyway, onto some of the species of Shadowland:

Human: Just your average human. Sees shadows as we do in our world, not as they actually are.

Vampire: Fairly ordinary as far as vampire lore goes. However, the major difference is that they can shift into a shadow form and that is how they must normally feed. Turning a human requires them to be bitten by a vampire in normal form, and then they will be offered a choice by the Queen. Upon refusal, they will lose memory of the encounter.

Wereshadow: Pretty much a werewolf, except instead of having a wolf as an alternate form, the alternate form is a shadow wolf (exceptions apply). They turn humans the same way as vampires. King

Shadowman: These creatures only exist as shadows. They feed upon other shadows. They can meld with a shadow to perform a kind of hypnosis on a human, after which they can sustain themselves with human food. A human that has been hypnotized will have full knowledge of what is going on. If they wish, they can choose to trade places with the shadowman. Once the hypnosis is over, however, the human will lose memory of what had happened. A shadowman over the age of 44 can create a 3d model of their shadow. King

Witch/Wizard: Can control Shadowmen. Can also brew potions that have various effects. Queen

Spiralite: Humanoid, shadow is shaped like a spiral. Can shift into a full shadow form, at which point it feeds by wrapping around another shadow. It can turn a human by wrapping around just the head of their shadow. It can only be harmed by shadowmen. Queen

You may suggest another species and a general idea, or fully create lore for another species, but it must be approved. Make sure there is some aspect of shadows (and preferably a way to turn humans into that species, though not required) if you fully create lore yourself.

Rules:

• BlackWing116 and I are GMs
  • No overpowering characters
  • 3 characters maximum
  • Don't kill/turn another's character without permission from a GM and the character's owner
  • Keep gore and romance PG13
  • Follow forum rules

Character Sheet:

Name:
Appearance:
Backstory:
(Doesn't have to be very long. 1-2 sentences minimum)
Powers:
Other:

Edit log:

0: Posted as a WIP
1: Edited WIP
2: Edited WIP, changed title to reflect that I need another GM. The RP is about complete until I get a co-GM to review it. Removed WIP tags.
3: Added credit to all images tag, added images for rulers of species. Also added a witch species. Also a little bit more on Shadowman.
4: 2nd GM is BlackWing116, added a minimum age.
5: Rephrased start of post a little, removed part about needing another GM.
6: Changed character sheet slightly. RP is fully open now. One more sentence added to Vampire.
7: One image was from a bad site.
8: Image replaced (same image) from a different site.
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 00:57:00 21/10/2015 by weebbby
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#2 Posted: 21:10:27 18/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Reserved
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#3 Posted: 17:38:57 19/10/2015
Name: Tyla Valor
Species: Vampire
Appearance: http://syndralcaketops.deviant...sheet-566475128
Backstory: Vampire since birth, Tyla has hidden herself from the outside world to evoid strange beings and the unknown world. She roams under surface level, often wary of anything that doesn't belong there.
Powers: Average vampire skills. Has the unusual skill to master anything with fire in a average rate.
Other: N/A

[[Sorry, shabby sheet ATM. Needs work]]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:41:18 19/10/2015 by BlackWing116
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me