Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Psychology of Poppies [CLOSED]
NightBlade Platinum Sparx Gems: 6011
#1 Posted: 02:53:05 17/10/2015 | Topic Creator
The Psychology of Poppies

Children are born to live full and honest lives. To exist happily as they make their mark on this world. The Institute exists for this. The Institute exists so that children may blossom to their fullest potential. As they grow, the Institute ensures that their minds are properly cultivated and refined. After all, one need not weed out a child for inefficiencies. A drought of knowledge can disrupt the growth of any budding mind. The Institute allows young minds to prepare for the future and reap their reward. With open arms, we allow all through our doors.

Your family has selected the Institute to be your place of learning for the time being. The Institute is a wonderful facility located in the countryside. The grounds hold a wide variety of activities for students and faculty to enjoy life. Within the gates one can find shops, restaurants, a library, a park, and a cafe for your recreational purposes. Students and faculty live within their respective dormitories. The school functions five days a week between the hours of 8 and 5. The only true downside to the Institute is the policy that students may not leave the facility except for holidays and the like.

However, rumors have began to circulate among the students. Rumors of children turning up missing. Rumors of loved ones losing contact with those within the Institute. Headmistress White denies any of it, of course. But it does make one wonder...

Rules:
I am the Game Master.
I will not tolerate god mods.
Please follow the forum rules.
No more than 3 character per person.
Please don’t derail the topic.

Character creation notes:
Your character should not be older than 18.
Your character should not be younger than 8.
Your character is attending school and is living on campus in the dorm.
You are a normal human being, a child or a teenager. There is nothing suspicious about this.
There is nothing suspicious about the Institute.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Grade:
Appearance:
Personality:
Other:

Put “Poppies” in your character sheet to prove that you read this.
---
The Eater of Worlds has awoken!
"Muttering curse words under her breasts..." - Jamie
Galaxies and Stardust. More Art Than Stars.
ash Gold Sparx Gems: 2993
#2 Posted: 03:45:59 17/10/2015
Hmm, I should be able to keep up with an RP now that I'm in the healing process and no longer grounded. I shall make character later once I have my charger again. K NB? smilie
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
Gotta have that wall of words man~
#3 Posted: 03:52:46 17/10/2015 | Topic Creator
That's ok Ash. Post when you are able.
---
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7301
#4 Posted: 03:56:20 17/10/2015
This seems kinda interesting.
I might join.
#5 Posted: 05:12:04 17/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Accepted, shorty.
---
#6 Posted: 04:15:54 18/10/2015
Character Sheet:

Name:Michael Drake

Grade:10th

Appearance: Michael has brown hair that hangs in his dark brown, almost black, eyes, his skin is lightly tanned and freckles go across his cheeks and nose, he wears small light blue glasses only when he reads, otherwise they are not needed. He wears darker earthy colored clothes usually along with his only pair of converse high tops. He looks small in muscle but he is fairly strong for his age in size, although, he would take a punch more times than he would throw one.

Personality: He is sweet and nice but tends to keep to himself usually. He is mature for his age and likes to spend his time doodling or reading. He comes off as a little shy but actually he is confident in his actions and words majority of the time.

Other: NB I hate this option. I got nada!!! 0.0 *slowly goes insane*...

~Poppies
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#7 Posted: 04:22:28 18/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Accepted, ash.
---
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#8 Posted: 01:00:58 24/10/2015
Name: Ida Rystad

Grade: 12th

Appearance: Everything about Ida's appearance seems to be tidy and generally well-kept. Her straight, warm mahogany hair reaches just below her shoulders and her unswept bangs curl gently forwards to her eyebrows. Her hair shockingly compliments her very fair skin and icy-blue eyes, despite the stark contrast. Her face is notable as being roundish, with her features matching the general circular shape.
In terms of body physique, she's the same as the average girl if not a bit more chubby. She has very little in the way of physical power.
The clothes she wears are generally warm-coloured winter clothing, even in the middle of summer (she'll just roll up the sleeves). If you pick a random day and see what she's wearing, it would probably be a deep blue sweater dress with denim shorts underneath (which you usually can’t see) and black tights with black boots. Usually, she likes to also sport a lighter blue scarf that matches her eyes if not a slightly different shade.
Here is her facial structure / her top half, as shown by the Sims! C:

Personality: Ida, for the most part, is known for her ability to be clear and blunt while maintaining a sence of reverence - respect. In more basic terms, people seem to like her because of how approachable and kind she is. This, unfortunately, can cause people to manipulate her or bully her as she is a weak target and therefore this makes her a bit of a pushover.
She adores anything artistic and is therefore open-minded to everything. Because of this, she adores singing and writing poetry or her own song lyrics - even short stories are things she dabbles in from time to time. Her open-mindedness leads to really disliking ignorance in people. If she ever says something negative about someone, it's very rarely something other than "they are incredibly ignorant" - it's the one thing in the world she completely despises.
Unfortunately, Ida is considered to be quite shy and timid. While this makes her a good listener, very reflective and quite observant, tying into her trait of approachability, this does have downsides particularly for her. She struggles with things such as eye contact and misses out on many opportunities due to lack of will to approach other people. If she is not doing well in a school subject for example, she will not actively search for help until it comes to her.

Other: Speaks with a light Norwegian accent. She really likes poppies, because they remind her of her late father.
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:19:25 06/11/2015 by BigBoom
#9 Posted: 20:59:02 24/10/2015 | Topic Creator
ooc: Accepted, BigBoom.
---
#10 Posted: 01:07:35 31/10/2015 | Topic Creator
ooc: Okay, I'm way late on starting this. But lets get this rolling.
--

7:30 A.M. Monday, November 9th 201X.
You wake in your respective dorms. You have an hour and a half before class begins.

It's a lovely day. Even though it is only early morning it is already apparent that there are few clouds in the sky. Students and faculty are already moving about campus. The Institute always seems to come to life at a moments notice.
The dormitories are a single building. It has three floors. On the first floor is the lobby, a few activity rooms, and a small cafeteria. On the second floor is the boys dormitory. This consists of rooms for students as well as other amenities for their day to day lives. The third floor is the girls dormitory. It consists of much of the same as the second floor. Each room houses two students.
---
#11 Posted: 03:38:50 31/10/2015
OOC: Why when im half awake do you finally start this NB?! in the morning....will post in morning when can think straight..
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#12 Posted: 03:43:30 31/10/2015 | Topic Creator
ooc: I started this at 8:00 p.m. texas time, ash. You were fine at 8:00. smilie
---
#13 Posted: 21:17:30 06/11/2015 | Topic Creator
No one replies to Eva's knock. But it's not like Eva can hear a response anyway.
---
#14 Posted: 21:35:27 06/11/2015
Ida, who had apparently caught a case of the 'morning-rush flu', was sat on her bed pulling on a pair of plain black socks, already dressed. Her hair was still a bit damp from her shower but also tied up loosely in a back ponytail. She responded to Eva's tired wave with a rather springy wave of her own, while noting what kind of mood Eva would be in until after breakfast. Or, at least, she carefully assumed that Eva would be slightly irritable - because who isn't when they're tired?
After putting on her boots, she got up and made her way to the middle of the room. Hearing the knock and then no reply, Ida gave a thumbs up to her roommate, signalling that the bathroom was unoccupied. Not wanting to go to the kitchen by herself, she went to sit at her desk and booted up her computer. Deciding to check her e-mails as she waited, Ida caught herself smiling as she anticipated the day ahead.
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:53:25 06/11/2015 by BigBoom
#15 Posted: 19:08:15 28/11/2015
Michael rolled his shoulders and neck as he looked up at the sky, there were a few clouds already. He liked getting up a little early to watch the sun come up but now he walked back up to his room, his roommate was still asleep as he quietly went and took a shower. He stood in the shower a long time just thinking before he finally got out and dressed again. He could hear his roommate snoring in the bedroom as he brushed his teeth. He tip toed back out of the room and down to the cafeteria to grab some food.
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#16 Posted: 13:51:38 05/12/2015
Ida was a tiny bit startled at the tap, but didn't physically show it. Raising her right hand into a fist and flicking her wrist up and down, the sign for 'yes', she gave off gentle smile.
After switching off her PC - and the monitor, you have to be conservative with energy after all - and getting off her chair, she grabbed her rucksack filled with her books and swung it over her right shoulder. Practically skipping to the door, she hummed gently to herself.
"Let's go, if you're ready" she signed (and mouthed at the same time).
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me