darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Question About Vehicle Attacks and Abilities
Page 1 of 1
Question About Vehicle Attacks and Abilities
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#1 Posted: 17:04:03 16/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Is there a place where I can find a list of attacks for each vehicle? I am doing Buzz's supercharged challenge for Deep Dive Gill Grunt. He asks me to defeat enemies with Reef Ripper's Ocean Upheaval ability. I have no clue what Ocean Upheaval is or how I can check in the game how to use the ability. Am I the only one who can't seem to locate this? The game isn't very user friendly if a veteran game player can't locate the names of vehicle attacks and figure out how to use them. I tried using a Google Search using terms "Skylanders Reef Ripper Ocean Upheaval" without any luck, so am a bit frustrated with the game at this point.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 17:19:02 16/10/2015
The Ocean Upheaval is the attack when the Reef Ripper fires tridents. You can view your vehicle attacks at the Vehicle Upgrades in the Stats.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:19:32 16/10/2015 by Aura24
#3 Posted: 18:21:51 16/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
The Ocean Upheaval is the attack when the Reef Ripper fires tridents. You can view your vehicle attacks at the Vehicle Upgrades in the Stats.

I only have the option to view stats for Skylanders. When I switch over to the vehicles, the only options on my screen show up as Blueprint, Upgrades, or Reset. The Blueprint option shows the mods and the Upgrades option shows my shield and weapon upgrades. Where do I go to see the actual vehicle attack names like Ocean Upheaval? And thanks for your help...I'm clearly still a bit confused.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#4 Posted: 18:33:24 16/10/2015
Someone should post the necessary attack names to know somewhere. They don't list them in the game anywhere that I can see.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#5 Posted: 18:53:21 16/10/2015
Quote: mastermc54
Quote: Aura24

I only have the option to view stats for Skylanders. When I switch over to the vehicles, the only options on my screen show up as Blueprint, Upgrades, or Reset. The Blueprint option shows the mods and the Upgrades option shows my shield and weapon upgrades. Where do I go to see the actual vehicle attack names like Ocean Upheaval? And thanks for your help...I'm clearly still a bit confused.

While it doesn't show the names of the vehicle attacks, in the Vehicle blueprints (the bottom one), most of the descriptions tell the names of the attacks. The strategy guide shows all of the vehicle attacks.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:57:22 16/10/2015 by Aura24
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#6 Posted: 21:36:50 16/10/2015
I was confused by this for a while too. It's weird they didn't add the names to the descriptions , but everyone eventually figures it out.

Just go into a water zone and try an attack on an enemy . If the quest counter goes up its the right attack, there's only 2 attacks so it's not a big deal.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#7 Posted: 23:32:48 16/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: B-BOB358
I was confused by this for a while too. It's weird they didn't add the names to the descriptions , but everyone eventually figures it out.

Just go into a water zone and try an attack on an enemy . If the quest counter goes up its the right attack, there's only 2 attacks so it's not a big deal.

I see it as laziness on the part of developers and a necessary oversight considering this is a children's game. While I do understand vehicles only have 2 attacks, there's no enemies in the main hub area for you to test out attacks for sea and air vehicles to see if the counter goes up. I went to a random level's water zone (the one where you start out going down vertically chasing after the annoying enemy) and played through the entire zone killing stuff along the way without my quest counter going up even once using either attack. At this point, I was thoroughly confused and posted here to ask where I can locate the name of the attacks since I didn't get anywhere on the one sea zone I initially tried out. Only after going to a traditional and more open water zone on a different level was I able to find enemies which made the counter go up when defeated.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me