Forum

Poll

Favourite of the Year of the Dragon Characters' Home Levels?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 54 of 54
1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Unpopular Gaming Opinions [STICKY]
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4264
#2651 Posted: 06:10:35 25/01/2021
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Sonic 06 has about 20 or so really good songs and the rest is boring honestly

Far from a favorite but I like a lot about it. There's a lot of cutscene fluff in the middle though.
---
cronch
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 7820
#2652 Posted: 12:56:02 25/01/2021
Town and mission themes felt deliberately infuriating imo, but most of the boss and level themes are pretty nice.
---
I do art!
(You transcend the ego collective.)
semp123 Gold Sparx Gems: 2771
#2653 Posted: 23:29:21 25/01/2021
Dunno if I've posted it before here but Streets of Rage 3's soundtrack is better than 2's. Really don't get the hate for the experimental tracks.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4410
#2654 Posted: 00:40:47 26/01/2021

That game could get frustrating at times but I honestly didn't regret buying it. It did help that I bought it for a cheap price. I replayed it a couple times even if it was just trying to get out of bounds.
Only thing bad that I couldn't really ignore was the loading screens. I remember putting off missions because I didn't wanted to sit through a loading screen.
#2655 Posted: 16:23:08 26/01/2021
Quote: wspyro

That game could get frustrating at times but I honestly didn't regret buying it. It did help that I bought it for a cheap price. I replayed it a couple times even if it was just trying to get out of bounds.
Only thing bad that I couldn't really ignore was the loading screens. I remember putting off missions because I didn't wanted to sit through a loading screen.

I wish I could play it because of how historically important it is.
---
cronch
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx [online] Gems: 280
#2656 Posted: 21:42:26 26/01/2021
Yay, '06 love~<3
---
Are you ever dreaming of me?
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3293
#2657 Posted: 21:38:54 09/02/2021
mario kart is heading in the wrong direction

the difficulty of pretzel inputs is very overblown
#2658 Posted: 05:17:45 10/02/2021
Quote: Drawdler

I kinda love how those two statements are more correlated than they initially seem to be.
---
cronch
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3293
#2659 Posted: 09:26:00 10/02/2021
Quote: Crash10
Quote: Drawdler

I kinda love how those two statements are more correlated than they initially seem to be.

imagine doing pretzel motions on an oui nunchuck >:)

One second of input lag

edit
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:48:40 10/02/2021 by Drawdler
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7060
#2660 Posted: 01:57:09 18/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Being a Nintendo fan just continues to grow increasingly less fun for me as time passes. lmao
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.

Respect my trans homies or I'm going to identify as a problem.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:02:57 18/02/2021 by Sesshomaru75
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6247
#2661 Posted: 15:13:03 18/02/2021
It start to be worrying when I compare my DS/3DS lineup to Switch and get severely disappointed that since the Switch launched I somehow have less games or they nailed ports on 3DS(Tales of the abyss and Dragon Quest VIII) yet YS VIII is blurry and anytime you are close to anything it fall appart when the Switch is stronger than a 3DS, I am more of a Playstation fan and with what Nintendo is showing this seem unlikely to change, also why Skyward Sword, Wind Waker would have been a lot more welcomed(or people like weapons breaking at nothing or Fi percentages more than I thought) and it look the exact same as my old Wii copy of it. Trolling us for BOTW2 felt a bit mean spirited even for someone who is not into Zelda, also where is Metroid Prime 4, SMTV?

It’s February so we still have time to get better announcements, I understand the pandemic slowed down production on everything but 2020 had stuff like VII remake or Hades so there must be some must buy this year too, right? Triangle strategy look great, however, it is again the trend of exploiting nostalgia, when it’s Square Enix, you still have the Ivalice setting and Tactic Ogre, right? So make sequels to FF Tactics or Ogre Battle! Not close enough but it feel fake.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#2662 Posted: 03:08:28 20/02/2021 | Topic Creator
While censorship can be bad or pointless at times, the people who obsess over it and say stupid crap like "This company has lost my sale, good job" are legitimately moronic and really need to go the **** outside. lmao
---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:13:01 20/02/2021 by Sesshomaru75
#2663 Posted: 03:31:47 20/02/2021
Yeah the whole "you just lost a sale. gj." is dumb, they'll notice and care for it when they see how the game actually sold. Bet they still buy the game anyways.

another pet peeve of mine is when people go
"i really want to buy this game please add this thing that doesn't affect gameplay and is just a personal preference. otherwise no buy" or my favorite back in sony forums "no trophy no buy"
#2664 Posted: 03:34:20 20/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: wspyro
Yeah the whole "you just lost a sale. gj." is dumb, they'll notice and care for it when they see how the game actually sold. Bet they still buy the game anyways.

another pet peeve of mine is when people go
"i really want to buy this game please add this thing that doesn't affect gameplay and is just a personal preference. otherwise no buy" or my favorite back in sony forums "no trophy no buy"

A lot of these people also parade around as if them behaving this way is normal and/or even heroic, and as if their decision to not purchase a game will negatively impact it to a meaningful extent.

99% of the time, however, they are anything but normal, and the game in question will usually sell fine if not amazingly.
(And if it doesn't sell well, it hardly ever has anything to do with censorship if at all)
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:36:57 20/02/2021 by Sesshomaru75
#2665 Posted: 15:40:30 20/02/2021
I don’t get why Gamecube, Wii and PSP titles are so expensive online, I get it for truly retro stuff but 6th/7th gen that don’t sound that old to me, baten kaitos in the 300, Wind waker in the 700-1000, Persona 2 IS PSP in the 499, what’s happening?
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 6218
#2666 Posted: 22:25:47 20/02/2021
Quote: fyra
I don’t get why Gamecube, Wii and PSP titles are so expensive online, I get it for truly retro stuff but 6th/7th gen that don’t sound that old to me, baten kaitos in the 300, Wind waker in the 700-1000, Persona 2 IS PSP in the 499, what’s happening?

supply and demand
---
p
Trix Master 100 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6979
#2667 Posted: 04:56:06 22/02/2021
The Sly Trilogy style can be translated super well on the ps3 if not be better looking than the weird ass style of Thieves in Time. I believe it can be a lot cleaner with today's tech. By cleaner I mean more animations and polygons. Not removing the thick lines and saying "**** your thick comic book lines" aesthetic.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#2668 Posted: 04:58:04 22/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: Trix Master 100
The Sly Trilogy style can be translated super well on the ps3 if not be better looking than the weird ass style of Thieves in Time. I believe it can be a lot cleaner with today's tech. By cleaner I mean more animations and polygons. Not removing the thick lines and saying "**** your thick comic book lines" aesthetic.

I kind of want them to go with that mixed with a little bit of something similar to what Into The Spider-Verse did, ngl.
---

Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2411
#2669 Posted: 08:11:29 04/03/2021
i don’t like video games >:(
#2670 Posted: 22:00:32 04/03/2021
Quote: Vespi
i don’t like video games >:(

**** gamers, man
only gamer i wanna talk to is a board gamer
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 6218
#2671 Posted: 11:11:51 11/03/2021
people love to gatekeep games they dont play lol
---
p
#2672 Posted: 04:38:53 12/03/2021 | Topic Creator
The people blindly defending Microsoft's acquisition of Bethesda aren't helping this industry any by doing so, and the fact that Microsoft will be making newer games from the latter company exclusive to their platforms going forward is disgusting.
(And they're clearly trying to force more people into getting Game Pass, something they haven't even been trying to hide when you take into consideration recent events like the Xbox Live Gold price hike from a few months back)

Also, the argument that "this is great for competition" doesn't even make any sense, at least not in a positive way.

By saying this, you're basically and indirectly implying that they couldn't be bothered to make games of their own, and that they needed to monopolize on another massive publisher in order to make up for this issue.
That doesn't bode well for Bethesda's games quality-wise going forward anymore than the state either company was in prior to this acquisition.

Bare in mind that there's a big difference between acquiring a developer, especially one who's games were mostly exclusive to one platform anyways (i.e Insomniac), and an entire publisher. (Especially such a big one, at that)
The former doesn't really effect anything as far as the bigger picture goes, while the latter creates massive ripples and gives other companies the idea that this kind of monopolization is acceptable.

I was already not too keen on Disney acquiring Fox, so seeing stuff like this happen in the gaming industry is disheartening and clearly shows the inherent issues with capitalism.
(That, and the toxic, blinded mentality that a majority of the gaming community and greater industry regrettably has had ingrained into their heads by these big corporations)

I say all of this as someone who doesn't even like Bethesda or their games that much, mind you, nor would I have been okay with this if it had been Sony who acquired them instead. lol
---

Edited 6 times - Last edited at 05:01:16 12/03/2021 by Sesshomaru75
MLG Skylander Blue Sparx Gems: 782
#2673 Posted: 07:19:10 24/03/2021
Ok here some of my bombs
I like yooka laylee
I think banjo kazooie nuts and bolts is a good game
Persona fandom is that bad
Assassins creed is so boring
I liked the 3D sonic more than the 2D games
---
Call me chad yu instead of the stupid and dumb username that I pick when I was a stupid kid
#2674 Posted: 13:10:50 24/03/2021
Megami tensei(mainline) get an unfair rep from mainstream reviewers or Persona fans as impossibly difficult(the number of times I saw Dark Souls of Pokémon) when there are a ton more to it than that and it have a ton of depth, challenging yes but not to the level people claim they are.
---
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 8260
#2675 Posted: 02:29:15 28/04/2021
Now that I replayed Reignited, I gotta say I'm not really a fan of how Spyro 3 is. It's a fun game sure and I don't think it's a bad game, but I just don't like the concept of going through challenge after challenge. Plus, a lot of the mini-games just end up repeating themselves (especially the Hunter ones) and get re-skinned to fit the stage. The game overall seems to just drag on because of this imo. Some of the mini-games weren't very fun either, but I know part of that is due to Reignited's gameplay being funky at times (like the skateboarding issues).

I think I prefer less mini-games/challenges and more focus on the main stage itself. That's probably why I like Spyro 1 the best.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#2676 Posted: 22:26:52 29/04/2021 | Topic Creator
Everyone's freaking out about TFB lending development support to Warzone, and I'm just sitting here laughing because it means literally nothing and people are blowing it way out of proportion. lol

Edit: Ignore this post, as it's based on outdated information.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:28:02 30/04/2021 by Sesshomaru75
#2677 Posted: 01:00:51 30/04/2021
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Everyone's freaking out about TFB lending development support to Warzone, and I'm just sitting here laughing because it means literally nothing and people are blowing it way out of proportion. lol

https://twitter.com/FromHappyR...7803495428?s=19

Despite the apparent reports of lay-offs and such. This is basically another V V happening. Now I get why people are blowing it out of proportion.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#2678 Posted: 01:04:16 30/04/2021 | Topic Creator

Despite the apparent reports of lay-offs and such. This is basically another V V happening. Now I get why people are blowing it out of proportion.

I hadn't heard reports of people being laid off, just leaving of their own volition. Upsetting to see, for sure.

VV was a different situation because VV essentially took over Blizzard after Activision dissolved the old classic team over there, presumably due to the disaster that was Warcraft III: Reforged.
---

Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:30:15 30/04/2021 by Sesshomaru75
#2679 Posted: 01:07:52 30/04/2021

I hadn't heard reports of people being laid off, just leaving of their own volition.

VV was a different situation because VV essentially took over Blizzard after Activision dissolved the old classic team over there, presumably due to the disaster that was Warcraft III: Reforged.

Well according here it's lay off "Let go" being the key word
https://twitter.com/FromHappyR...0383708162?s=19

I don't think V V situation is that different. Like they were dragged to blizzard areas to work on diablo full time. Effectively being absorbed. Now seeing this it's probably going to be the same with CoD as warzone is a mess rn.
---
icon from Empoh
#2680 Posted: 01:12:18 30/04/2021 | Topic Creator
VV was absorbed into Blizzard, yes, but they're more or less in charge of the latter company now since the old classic team at Blizzard was disbanded and replaced with the people from the former.

Still sad that they'll only be working on Blizzard-related projects from here on out, but it's not the exact same situation as what seems to be going on with TFB right now.
VV was, if anything, promoted by being put in charge of the other main branch of the overall company (That being Activision Blizzard), rather than being forced to work as a support developer on other things.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:29:40 30/04/2021 by Sesshomaru75
#2681 Posted: 01:17:20 30/04/2021
VV was absorbed into Blizzard, yes, but they're more or less in charge of the latter company now since the old classic team at Blizzard was disbanded and replaced with the people from VV.

Still sad that they'll only work on Blizzard-related project from here on out, but it's not the exact same situation as what seems to be going on with TFB.
VV is, if anything, getting promoted by being put in charge of the other main branch of the overall company (That being Activision Blizzard), rather than being forced to work as a support developer on other things.

I mean I guess but still awful. Still a lost developer. Just 1 is part of a branch (and honestly Acti should've made their own branch for crash and spyro games specifically), the other is CoD food. Sucks regardless.
---
icon from Empoh
Clank Gold Sparx Gems: 2227
#2682 Posted: 01:18:21 30/04/2021
I wouldn't say that it means absolutely nothing. A lot of employees from the studio were either let go due to downsizing or willingly left due to dissatisfaction with the changes the company was forced through. CoD as a whole is super different from pretty much anything else they've worked on before. I agree that people are definitely overreacting about the "future" of certain IPs - the livelihoods of these former devs are more important than the purple dragon or the bandicoot, especially since any old Activision dev could take over - but with how many people left TFB (willingly or otherwise), they've lost a huge part of their identity.

Activision is reportedly going through a period of uncertainty behind the scenes, and I think that's what people should be more concerned about. All of these recent controversial decisions are merely side effects of something that no one seems to have a solid story about. All of this to say that we should prepare ourselves for the inevitable out-of-touch Skylanders NFT that'll drop within the next few months.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
#2683 Posted: 01:18:33 30/04/2021 | Topic Creator
I mean I guess but still awful. Still a lost developer. Just 1 is part of a branch (and honestly Acti should've made their own branch for crash and spyro games specifically), the other is CoD food. Sucks regardless.

It's better than being almost completely downsized and essentially kicked while still on the ground like Activision is currently doing to TFB, but it does still suck either way. ;;

Quote: Clank
I wouldn't say that it means absolutely nothing. A lot of employees from the studio were either let go due to downsizing or willingly left due to dissatisfaction with the changes the company was forced through. CoD as a whole is super different from pretty much anything else they've worked on before. I agree that people are definitely overreacting about the "future" of certain IPs - the livelihoods of these former devs are more important than the purple dragon or the bandicoot, especially since any old Activision dev could take over - but with how many people left TFB (willingly or otherwise), they've lost a huge part of their identity.

Activision is reportedly going through a period of uncertainty behind the scenes, and I think that's what people should be more concerned about. All of these recent controversial decisions are merely side effects of something that no one seems to have a solid story about. All of this to say that we should prepare ourselves for the inevitable out-of-touch Skylanders NFT that'll drop within the next few months.

Yeah, I made that initial post before the layoffs were brought to my attention, so that's my bad.
When making it I was thinking merely from the perspective that Beenox had also worked on Call of Duty before, and yet continued working on Crash (And evidently Spyro now too) all the same, but clearly this is playing out very and sadly different.
---

Edited 5 times - Last edited at 01:34:35 30/04/2021 by Sesshomaru75
#2684 Posted: 01:34:36 30/04/2021
Yeah no worries, I spent so long typing up my post that it became irrelevant by the time I finished, whoops. I reckon just about everyone is in agreement that this is a sad situation.
---
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6265
#2685 Posted: 02:08:39 30/04/2021
It's sad to see TfB's (For the lack of a better word) downfall ten years after they made a name for themselves with Skylanders. Skylanders showed they had the talent and creativity, both of which further amplified by Reignited and Crash 4. To see them shafted, have layoffs, and become yet another studio to work on COD heart-breaking.

I'm not concerned for Crash and Spyro but seeing Acti continue to hinder its own studios' potential yet again makes me concerned for the company as a whole. As for Skylanders, this pretty much confirms we won't be seeing it for a long time.

Activision is a game company that doesn't know how to be a game company.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:20:40 30/04/2021 by HeyitsHotDog
ThunderEgg Yellow Sparx Gems: 1816
#2686 Posted: 02:11:17 30/04/2021
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Activision is a game company that doesn't know how to be a game company.

doesn't matter as long as they think they're making enough money, unfortunately :/
---
I AM ETERNAL!
#2687 Posted: 16:00:37 30/04/2021
There’s a curse on the Spyro IP(even Crash) because no matter what something goes wrong, TFB being downsized and sent to work on COD is not encouraging to see a positive outcome like a Spyro 4 announced at E3.
---
#2688 Posted: 17:48:30 30/04/2021 | Topic Creator
Beenox is apparently working on the new Spyro game, so TFB's downsizing is more concerning due to the massive layoffs and the loss of much of its creative talent/identity for the time being than anything else.

Edit: Activision clarified that no was laid off, and that anyone that left did so out of personal choice.
The freelance artists such as Kole were shafted, but they weren't actually properly hired either, so it's technically not the same thing even if it's still rather upsetting. No one at TFB itself was fired, however.

Better than the alternative, I guess? *shrug*
---

Edited 4 times - Last edited at 21:20:58 30/04/2021 by Sesshomaru75
#2689 Posted: 21:32:16 30/04/2021
I'm VERY thankful to have been misinformed about the layoffs. Regardless, it's clear that Activision is starting to put all of their eggs into one basket rather than allowing creativity to blossom. This isn't even a dig at CoD itself nor a demand for more Spyro/Crash stuff, but in general it seems like they're abandoning a lot of their IPs for in favor of one. That doesn't sit right with me. I can definitely understand why so much of their creative (and even more technical) talent chose not to stick around.
---
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6265
#2690 Posted: 21:43:52 30/04/2021
It's very strange to see a game company rely on almost entirely one franchise, with every studio they have contributing to it. Yes, they are using their other IPs, but to see something like that is genuinely bizarre. It's like Nintendo relying on Mario exclusively, or Square Enix with Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy. Something like this feels unheard of.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5360
#2691 Posted: 03:37:03 03/05/2021
Activision relying solely on CoD is odd, as even EA spreads into many IPs. Sure, they rely on their sports titles for the cash, but they explore other IPs, ridden with microtransactions as they may be. I hope that we'll see more Spyro and Crash content in the near future though. I'm hoping to see a resurgence of 3D platformers like what 2D had, but that's not going to happen if development studios aren't willing to put in the work to make them. Activision should especially do it for their own good, as there may come a day where CoD is not a best seller, and when that day comes, they will hit the ground hard.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2411
#2692 Posted: 07:09:11 04/05/2021
disaster: day of crisis is good in the same way metal gear solid is good except the gameplay sucks
Strawberry15 Green Sparx Gems: 136
#2693 Posted: 20:34:01 16/05/2021
Brawl > Smash 4 > Melee > Ultimate > 64
First | Previous | Page 54 of 54
1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me