Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 53 of 53
1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
Unpopular Gaming Opinions [STICKY]
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6585
#2601 Posted: 08:10:56 08/09/2020 | Topic Creator
Companies calling their games "AAAA" is the equivalent of a kid demanding to get the highest grade in class, and for his project to be picked over everyone else's despite the fact that he's putting more or less the same amount of effort into it as them.
(And it's an ungraded class project that isn't meant to be a competition, nor is it one where someone's project is going to be picked over everyone else's either)

- - -

While Gods & Monsters wasn't a bad title in of itself, I actually prefer Immortals: Fenyx Rising personally. Both sound a little generic, sure, but I'd argue that the original title is the more generic one out of the two.
Don't really understand why everyone's making such a big deal out of it as if it ruins the game or something overly dramatic like that either, if I'm to be completely honest. :/

Really digging how it looks like a combination of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild, though I guess that's to be expected when this game has the same developer as the former. smilie
I'm just hoping that this game isn't too bloated or repetitive, because while I've really enjoyed what I've played of Odyssey so far, that game is regrettably a bit too bloated and stretched rather thin for its own good.

Either way, having more games set in a mythological Ancient Greece is always good. Plus, having both this and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity will help hold me over until the sequel to BOTW finally comes out. smilie
(Fenyx Rising for the more open world RPG type of gameplay found in BOTW, and Age of Calamity for the characters, lore, and the obviously much more direct connection to BOTW since it's actually a Zelda game unlike the former)
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.

Black lives matter, don't stop fighting until they do.
Edited 11 times - Last edited at 03:24:58 11/09/2020 by Sesshomaru75
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3816
#2602 Posted: 15:53:52 17/09/2020
Before I begin I need to make clear I like Tawna in Crash 4. Her design is very appealing (not sexually God no), her performance is just as top notch as everyone else in the cast, and while her gameplay seems to be the weaker of the bunch, she'll probably still be good just on the fact of how good the base Crash gameplay is. My problem lies more on what comes after 4, rather than this game by itself.

My big issue is that I'm afraid they'll replace Tawna with a character that is decisively not her. The game itself says it, this is another Tawna. In this context, it's perfectly reasonable. I can even understand why they went with a punk visual rather than the "Australian ranger" fans suggest. This is, by design, completely different from the series' norm. Granted, they can just go back to the usual Tawna in future entries, but I'm afraid they'll prefer to stick to this new interpretation to avoid confusing people in the long run.

The problem for me is not even about having a better or worse Tawna, it's that we might miss out on a great character so she can be replaced by someone entirely different. I'm sure it didn't come from a place of finding Tawna somehow "problematic" for modern standards. The new version has a lot of sexual appeal as well, that's definitely not it. My interpretation is that they made her an action girl to justify her playable appearance and skills. That wasn't needed, but again I understand that they wanted someone who stood out due to the interdimensional shenanigans. The thing is that I don't think this direction really adds anything substantial to the character. While Tawna's original iteration was also cliche'd on her own (the "hot girlfriend of the funny cartoon animal"), it added to the classic cartoon-inspired universe Crash had. It blended perfectly with that world, but it also had the unique flair that made the series stand out in the cartoony platformer space.

She was, however, at her best in Nitro-Fueled. They mixed the same role she had in 1 with a sense of cockiness and sass that made her fantastic, with also a very good design to boot. She quickly became one of my favorites in the game, and I think doing away with this interpretation of her would be a real shame. The new Tawna, while not bad, feels far less inspired from what we saw. They took a bit of a generic route on how to demonstrate confidence and strength in a woman, by giving her wild hair, a lone wolf way of doing things, and by the books cockiness. Again, not terrible, the performance and the game's natural sense of humor can sell a lot of that, but it feels like a nerf.

The thing that makes her lack of uniqueness all the more jarring is how Coco was handled far better. They seen to have managed to make her way more prominent to the story without doing away with the traits that made her a remarkable sidekick, instead repurposing the same assets to a new role. I'm a man so obviously I'm not the best judge here, but this to me feels like a far better way to give old female characters better roles in media, and not fall into the trap of simply designing a marketable strong and independent woman, which actually feels like a disservice to the cause.

Again, none of this would worry me as much if they went back to old Tawna and made this a one-time thing, but I think they rightfully don't wanna make this multiverse story too complicated by having multiple versions of the same characters coexisting. It's a shame this might come at the cost of one of the series' best characters, honestly.
---
cronch
#2603 Posted: 17:10:23 17/09/2020 | Topic Creator
I'm not too concerned about them replacing classic Tawna going forward due to a certain spoiler that's been going around for a different character, tbh.

- - -

I like the final design for Sonic in the movie way more than his design in the actual games. (The proportions and shoes for the movie design are better as well, imo)

The borderline cycloptic eyes and the color of the arms not matching the fur is something I've always really disliked about the character designs in the Sonic franchise. :/
---

Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:09:50 22/09/2020 by Sesshomaru75
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5779
#2604 Posted: 12:53:01 22/09/2020
Mobile game devs are the laziest ones in existence, soulless corporate shells who no longer care about games as other than just a monetary gain, sure AAA on PC and consoles are nearly just as atrocious but at least, there are plenty of great games available if you know where to seek them. Sure, you could say there are tons of asset flips on Steam but mobile is worse in every way, it’s like it don’t have a heart, just a huge scam that stagnate and never truly evolve. I know that it’s because mobile «**gamers**» hate the idea of paying for games yet they will whales on mtx, news flash, if you can whale you can buy a game.

They call that the future of gaming, I call that as much as all the crap AAA does, reasons on why we need a second crash.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5755
#2605 Posted: 17:29:08 22/09/2020
Quote: fyra
Mobile game devs are the laziest ones in existence, soulless corporate shells who no longer care about games as other than just a monetary gain, sure AAA on PC and consoles are nearly just as atrocious but at least, there are plenty of great games available if you know where to seek them. Sure, you could say there are tons of asset flips on Steam but mobile is worse in every way, it’s like it don’t have a heart, just a huge scam that stagnate and never truly evolve. I know that it’s because mobile «**gamers**» hate the idea of paying for games yet they will whales on mtx, news flash, if you can whale you can buy a game.

They call that the future of gaming, I call that as much as all the crap AAA does, reasons on why we need a second crash.

nothing wrong with being a mobile gamer. not everyone has the time or money to waste on consoles to play "real" games. mobile games exist for the sole purpose of wasting time while waiting for a train or bus. they dont need 100+ hour long stories or a deep combat system. just a quick 5 minutes in and out an app
BroGuy Blue Sparx Gems: 979
#2606 Posted: 23:33:31 22/09/2020
Quote: Sesshomaru75

I like the final design for Sonic in the movie way more than his design in the actual games. (The proportions and shoes for the movie design are better as well, imo)

The borderline cycloptic eyes and the color of the arms not matching the fur is something I've always really disliked about the character designs in the Sonic franchise. :/

Same. I want a mainline Sonic game with the movie's design.
---
NoUb
#2607 Posted: 15:49:20 23/09/2020
I will never understand why my father persist in only «**playing**» Solitaire to the point of rather doing that than watching TV and going as far as talking to himself out loud when he make a good score. What’s so fun about Solitaire that old people go crazy about it?
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#2608 Posted: 06:34:08 30/09/2020
I’m pretty sure I’m the only person on the planet that think Crash 4 looks like complete garbage, but then again most “AAA big releases” don’t excite me anymore
#2609 Posted: 06:36:08 30/09/2020 | Topic Creator
That's quite pessimistic, wow...
---

#2610 Posted: 06:37:54 30/09/2020
Quote: Sesshomaru75
That's quite pessimistic, wow...

Bro don’t even get me started on the PS5
#2611 Posted: 06:39:19 30/09/2020 | Topic Creator
It's overly pessimistic, if you ask me. I don't mean that in a rude way, mind you, but it seems pretty generalized and exaggerative. You're free to feel that way, though, of course.

Admittedly I have a hard time being excited for things myself these days sometimes, and I often get worried about things I'm excited for ending up being disappointing, ngl.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:46:00 30/09/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#2612 Posted: 06:48:36 30/09/2020
Idk man I’m just coasting by on DLC for existing stuff and brand loyalty to Marvel and Star Wars. I don’t think Miles Morales or Squadrons look particularly good but I’m getting them regardless. Other than that, I can’t think of a single game or system shown off in the entire year that’s piqued my interest in the slightest that wasn’t an indie. Fall Guys and Among Us captured my attention the same as everyone, but everything else I’ve been excited for has been an indie. I’m far more excited for Monster Prom 2 and N1RV Ann-A than any other game I’ve seen because they just don’t feel... soulless I guess? And yeah yeah why call them soulless if I’m getting two Disney games idk man I’ve loved that all my life.

I guess I’m unfairly singling out Crash here because of massive overexposure to something I didn’t give a damn about in the first place but damn, I’m really not looking forward to the next generation or the few end of life releases before it.
#2613 Posted: 06:54:11 30/09/2020 | Topic Creator
Fair enough, I suppose.
---

Edited 5 times - Last edited at 08:48:17 30/09/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#2614 Posted: 14:57:27 14/10/2020
SMT 3 Nocturne did not aged as well as most SMT fans pretend, however I still think it have one of the best eery atmosphere, amazing combat so I do enjoy it but some aspects show their age(for example, recruiting being RNG so you have no control if a demon will want to you or not and no control on skill gains so a demon can lose an useful skill if it failed to change it, as failure cause a different skill to appear)
---
#2615 Posted: 07:11:33 19/10/2020
The one character I actively DON’T want to see in Smash Ultimate is Sora, and for a few reasons:
1. I just personally really dislike most of the Kingdom Hearts games. Something something godawful and incomprehensible lore but I’m legally not allowed to comment on that as a Metal Gear fan.
2. I can’t think of an interesting moveset, but if Sakurai can make stuff like Byleth and Steve work and be totally unique, I’m sure he could do the same with Sora.
3. I don’t want it to open the floodgates to “fourth party” representation. With how key Disney is to KH, all of the Spirits, maybe even parts of the move sets and stage, would have to have Disney content. “Now Vespi, you complete and total dumbass, the Spirits could be all KH original characters like Kairi and Riku or whatever!” Yeah, but when people think Kingdom Hearts, they think of the merging of Square Enid content with Disney’s. They could, but shouldn’t, have Sora without Donald, Goofy, or King Mickey. Plus, I can’t imagine a Sora moveset without Donald and Goofy or a summon. My issue with this is that it’ll lead to people whining about how “if Micky Mouse is kind of in Smash, where’s Goku? Where’s Spider-Man? Why can’t Sakurai listen to the fans!” No. That isn’t how this works. Smash started as a celebration of Nintendo and evolved in the Brawl era to a celebration of gaming as a whole. Do characters like Goku and Spidey have great games? Of course! That doesn’t mean they belong in Smash Bros. Unless Sakurai did it on a more massive scale, and included all sorts of characters from all sorts of media, I don’t think I’d ever be okay with that.

There are plenty of characters that I don’t love like Crash or Arle or Geno or whatever people are speculating these days that I feel like truly belong in Smash. I just worry that Sora would be a gateway to making it less about gaming as a whole.

But I’ve gotten what I wanted. Corrin and Snake returned, Chrom and Inkling in base roster, Joker and Byleth in the pass, and new characters like Terry who helped me appreciate a whole new game series. I’m content with anyone we get from here on out as long as it makes others happy.

Also I still want Phoenix Wright and Master Chief tho...
#2616 Posted: 05:16:26 20/10/2020
Star Wars: Squadrons either needs to add a good matchmaking system, or ditch crossplay entirely. It is not fair at all for the people who got this game on PS4 and Xbox to get absolutely ravaged by PC players. Having a console player on your team or being a console player in the first place is a complete death sentence. It’s totally unfair to people who can’t afford a PC for the game to favor the PC players in every conceivable way.
#2617 Posted: 13:52:14 21/10/2020
It’s weird to think about as a KH fan, but Vespi you are sadly right, Sora while extremely fun to play in the games would allow a lot of crazier stuff to be asked for, the crazy stuff I would ask for are stuff like Discord, Bill Cypher or Aku, however, if you want a representant for a series of action rpgs, I would choose a Tales character as it still remain game only. I do want Spyro(maybe with Cynder as a partner) added and increasingly think that the demifiend of Nocturne could make a good fighter.

My unpopular opinion based on the poor reception of Secret World/Secret World Legends and my urge to have something spooky or horror theme to play when I don’t care about survival horror is to have more than SMT to play if you want an horror RPG, please if you know anything about making games, do more of these, there is a severe lack of options for RPG fans, also we really need a spiritual successor to Spyro for the crowd that came a bit late like me and never will have the love for classic, are other legend fans left or am I the last one?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:42:42 22/10/2020 by fyra
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6198
#2618 Posted: 00:59:45 23/10/2020
I don't understand what people see in Makoto Niijima to go absolutely rapid and attack and harass anyone who doesn't like her. I like Makoto but god is she the most boring "base" character outside of the Metaverse. I guess this is really my first encounter with honest to god actual "Waifu War" culture but god they're almost as awful as Akechi stans.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#2619 Posted: 02:38:52 23/10/2020
Quote: DragonCamo
I don't understand what people see in Makoto Niijima to go absolutely rapid and attack and harass anyone who doesn't like her. I like Makoto but god is she the most boring "base" character outside of the Metaverse. I guess this is really my first encounter with honest to god actual "Waifu War" culture but god they're almost as awful as Akechi stans.

This is a really good post. Thank you.

Signed,
A Futaba Fan but Haru Stan
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 5077
#2620 Posted: 04:38:38 23/10/2020
Quote: Vespi
The one character I actively DON’T want to see in Smash Ultimate is Sora, and for a few reasons:
1. I just personally really dislike most of the Kingdom Hearts games. Something something godawful and incomprehensible lore but I’m legally not allowed to comment on that as a Metal Gear fan.
2. I can’t think of an interesting moveset, but if Sakurai can make stuff like Byleth and Steve work and be totally unique, I’m sure he could do the same with Sora.
3. I don’t want it to open the floodgates to “fourth party” representation. With how key Disney is to KH, all of the Spirits, maybe even parts of the move sets and stage, would have to have Disney content. “Now Vespi, you complete and total dumbass, the Spirits could be all KH original characters like Kairi and Riku or whatever!” Yeah, but when people think Kingdom Hearts, they think of the merging of Square Enid content with Disney’s. They could, but shouldn’t, have Sora without Donald, Goofy, or King Mickey. Plus, I can’t imagine a Sora moveset without Donald and Goofy or a summon. My issue with this is that it’ll lead to people whining about how “if Micky Mouse is kind of in Smash, where’s Goku? Where’s Spider-Man? Why can’t Sakurai listen to the fans!” No. That isn’t how this works. Smash started as a celebration of Nintendo and evolved in the Brawl era to a celebration of gaming as a whole. Do characters like Goku and Spidey have great games? Of course! That doesn’t mean they belong in Smash Bros. Unless Sakurai did it on a more massive scale, and included all sorts of characters from all sorts of media, I don’t think I’d ever be okay with that.

There are plenty of characters that I don’t love like Crash or Arle or Geno or whatever people are speculating these days that I feel like truly belong in Smash. I just worry that Sora would be a gateway to making it less about gaming as a whole.

But I’ve gotten what I wanted. Corrin and Snake returned, Chrom and Inkling in base roster, Joker and Byleth in the pass, and new characters like Terry who helped me appreciate a whole new game series. I’m content with anyone we get from here on out as long as it makes others happy.

Also I still want Phoenix Wright and Master Chief tho...

Honestly, I'm with you on this. I'm a massive KH fan for those who remember and I like Sora. I can see some bad-ass magic/melee mix moveset easily working out, and they can probably come up with a way to do it where Donald & Goofy are only in the stage or the Final smash or something... (though the possibilities are near endless for what world the stage could be), but I'm just not really feeling it for some reason. I don't know why, but I just have no interest in Sora in Smash and don't really want him. That said, I'm all about him being a random guest character in a Dissidia game instead.

I also wholeheartedly agree about the Goku, Spidey, and such. I've always liked that Smash has focused more on the gaming side rather than the total free for all.

My most wanted is still TWEWY's Neku Sakuraba tho
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:39:15 23/10/2020 by Seiki
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5755
#2621 Posted: 08:14:54 23/10/2020
Quote: DragonCamo

Because shes the cutest girl that's why >:(
First | Previous | Page 53 of 53
1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me