Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 50 of 53 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
Unpopular Gaming Opinions [STICKY]
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#2451 Posted: 08:03:10 21/05/2020
Quote: pankakesparx456
Tl:dr- MGS2 is an achievement in story, writing, and characterization, but an absolute failure as a video game.

I'm gonna continue this trend of the MGS series with a really controversial opinion.

Metal Gear Solid 3 has a great story and great characters but plays like absolute ass and I'd rather have Metal Gear Survive be fully canonized than actually play MGS3 again. I actually liked the gameplay of MGS2 and I loved Twin Snakes to death, but dear god I cannot stand the absolute ass that is the gameplay of MGS3. It's entirely possible it's not for me, but having hunger meters and **** in a game that already can take quite a while to execute successfully absolutely blows. I'm not good at games, I love Metal Gear, Metal Gear already takes me forever to complete because I like to memorize the patterns and try not to kill and go for full 100% in one run and everything. I don't want having to hunt and eat and everything manually get in the way of that.

Also while I show I have awful taste I actually really deeply enjoyed just about everything about MGSV with the exception of the ending which wasn't even Kojima's fault. I found the story and characters really entertaining in the same way I find the Star Wars prequels entertaining; it fills in gaps with more content and I love more content of my favorite things.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:03:44 21/05/2020 by Vespi
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1761
#2452 Posted: 13:04:46 21/05/2020
Quote: exefile
Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the most boring game I've ever played, I can't get through the first level without wanting to play anything else. I'd rather get all 10 endings in Shadow the Hedgehog all over again.

I don't agree with this anymore because the 360 port of this game has some stupid filter that delays inputs by a few seconds by default.

Also, good thing I'm not on a Nintendo forum when I say that I don't think Mario ever compared to Sonic until 2017 (Odyssey). Mario may have set the 3d standard and made consistent games, but that's all they were. Sonic took it all a step further with fully voice acted cutscenes, multiple unique characters and so much crazy rock music (and rap, jazz, metal, techno, girly rock???) that made Sonic games feel more like adventures and experiences over just games.

Now all Sega does with Sonic is laugh at how "cRiNgE" the other games are without actually putting in any effort anymore.

Edit: Sonic and the Secret Rings is my favourite Wii game... probably because Runblebee is rapping through most of it.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:22:50 21/05/2020 by exefile
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6585
#2453 Posted: 17:52:30 21/05/2020 | Topic Creator
On the subject of Sonic, I've never really understood the appeal of the series for the most part. The Classic games are good, obviously, and I loved Adventure 2 growing up.
However, outside of those examples and a few others I often don't understand why anyone likes the series beyond having just grown up with it.

Sonic's character designs often feel super uninspired and too samey, with various design choices that I find to be bothersome. (i.e The unified eyes and constant spaghetti arms)
It's just rather unappealing most of the time, even if I do admittedly still like some of the characters quite a bit. (Vector is my dad, ngl)

In addition to that, the dialogue has always been cringey and isn't suddenly any less so by them being self-aware of it as of late. (Sometimes it has its charm, but this is typically not the case)

Consistency in quality for a majority of the games past the first handful is just abysmal, with only a rare few great ones coming around once in a millennia such as Generations.
The only thing I've found to be usually good on a consistent basic is the music, but then again a lot of this music can either come off as samey or probably the kind of music you shouldn't listen to around your peers if you're afraid of being judged.

Mario wasn't just consistent quality-wise either, and I feel that saying that is ignoring reality.
The main 3D games (With maybe the exception of 3D Land/World) were always revolutionary and pushed the genre and the industry forward in one way or another.
Nintendo also wasn't afraid to try something different every now and then with Mario to spice things up and prevent the series from getting too formulaic. (And, unlike Sonic, the Mario franchise generally succeeded whenever it tried something new)

Sonic meanwhile hasn't done much of anything revolutionary to either the industry or itself in around two decades because it usually fails when it tries to be different and Sega obviously doesn't know what they're doing with the franchise.
(It's kind of telling when a game made by a fan is much better received than a majority of titles released over nearly the past two decades by the company that owns aforementioned IP)

Do keep in mind that I'm not arguing whether or not someone is wrong for preferring Sonic because that's obviously subjective, but objectively Mario's mainline titles have been far most consistent quality-wise and impactful on the industry as a whole.
(Just to be clear, I'm saying all of this in a general sense rather than it being directed at anyone in specific)

That all said, Sega give me remakes of the Adventure games please. (Especially of 2)
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.

Black lives matter, don't stop fighting until they do.
Edited 11 times - Last edited at 20:24:33 21/05/2020 by Sesshomaru75
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 7342
#2454 Posted: 02:43:09 22/05/2020
Have you watched "The Bizarre Modern Reality of Sonic the Hedgehog" from Super Eyepatch Wolf by chance, Sess? Every time the appeal of Sonic gets brought up it's a hard answer from someone like me who doesn't really get further than the games and memes, but I feel like SEW voiced at least his connection to it pretty well.
---
I do art!
MAHARI YUWARE GAAIE SABANARE
AMARE DIRAHI JUMAGI GANASHARA
#2455 Posted: 02:46:59 22/05/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Have you watched "The Bizarre Modern Reality of Sonic the Hedgehog" from Super Eyepatch Wolf by chance, Sess? Every time the appeal of Sonic gets brought up it's a hard answer from someone like me who doesn't really get further than the games and memes, but I feel like SEW voiced at least his connection to it pretty well.

No, although I'm admittedly not too keen on watching a 30+ minute video. I'm just explaining why I don't understand the appeal myself. (Or the extent of it, anyways)
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:47:31 22/05/2020 by Sesshomaru75
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5779
#2456 Posted: 13:49:23 23/05/2020
No matter the platform even if it’s mobile, if something is labeled as a game it should be something you play not play itself and just be a pretty screensaver designed to rip you off, also cash shops should be cosmetics with no stats aka pay2win deserve to die. Also dear people who keep releasing «**mmos**» on mobile, due to them playing themselves, being pay2win and repetitive with no real redeeming values except graphics, stop it or rethink how to do it as these copypasted titles are embarrassing. Also last thing, if a gacha had particularly great gameplay....please give them the FF Dimensions 2 treatment.

Outside mobile...would be neat if Square Enix could re releases the Chaos Rings titles and update the ios port of the world ends with you.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#2457 Posted: 20:15:31 26/05/2020
Regardless of whether you think SNK games are iconic or not, the free SNK games with Twitch Prime and Terry in Smash are excellent ways to celebrate the Neo Geo's 30th and to raise awareness for some classics.
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5755
#2458 Posted: 20:30:25 26/05/2020
gen 5 nostalgia overtaking
#2459 Posted: 02:00:32 31/05/2020
I totally get people wanting to 100% certain games but trying to 100% every game you own and get is practically masochistic, especially if you intentionally buy as many cheap shovelware games as possible just so you can say you've 100% more games than someone else.
emeraldzoroark Emerald Sparx Gems: 3331
#2460 Posted: 08:45:03 31/05/2020
Quote: Vespi
I totally get people wanting to 100% certain games but trying to 100% every game you own and get is practically masochistic, especially if you intentionally buy as many cheap shovelware games as possible just so you can say you've 100% more games than someone else.

ok but this is literally me, except the shovelware part
a few weeks ago i decided to do a “casual” playthrough of sonic heroes that ended with me 99%ing the game (hard mode is less hard, more unfair so i kinda just gave up)

there are some games where 100%ing is just not gonna happen like celeste, but most of the time i’m gonna try get 100%
---
I’ve had this avatar for a year and a half at this point, I’m not changing it now
cookieeater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#2461 Posted: 11:39:03 31/05/2020
It's even worse for some characters left on the cutting room floor because kids didn't understand their special thing and they can't sell figures that don't look immediately playable.
Which characters are you talking about in specific?
---
my fursona is a hot dog
#2462 Posted: 14:16:46 31/05/2020
Quote: cookieeater
It's even worse for some characters left on the cutting room floor because kids didn't understand their special thing and they can't sell figures that don't look immediately playable.

Water Gargoyle, mentioned in the GDC. This amazing looking dragon, beautiful 3D model already ready to be printed - cut and replaced because children wouldn't understand how it attacked.
(I mentioned Swap Force before but it's actually in Clutch, SuperChargers' book)

[User Posted Image]
---
I do art!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:24:06 31/05/2020 by Bifrost
#2463 Posted: 14:38:15 31/05/2020
Did they though kids were morons, it sound quite obvious and it really do look amazing.
I prefer PS2 era platformers like Jak and Daxter.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#2464 Posted: 19:45:34 31/05/2020 | Topic Creator
Water Gargoyle, mentioned in the GDC. This amazing looking dragon, beautiful 3D model already ready to be printed - cut and replaced because children wouldn't understand how it attacked.
(I mentioned Swap Force before but it's actually in Clutch, SuperChargers' book)

That's unfortunate 'cause that design is honestly amazing. ;;
---

#2465 Posted: 20:04:59 31/05/2020
Every sword and shield discussion is the same so here's my normie opinions on common comments about the game. Yes I know this is beating the dead horse but I'm bored

why is the hivemind saying sword and shield lack story? they complained about sun and moon having too much story and now sword and shield lacks one? Sure it's shallow but there are a lot of character arcs in the game like bede and marnie. Plus the dlc is adding more story to flesh it out.

Why is dlc bad for the game? Games like botw have shallow dlc that is also 30 bucks that don't need to exist when all it added was a few trials, costumes, and a motorcycle to an already completed game. The new dlc isn't cut content either. Look at mortal Kombat 11s new aftermath dlc. It's 3 new characters and a whole new story mode for around 40 bucks. Pokemon is giving new Pokemon, gmax, wild area, story, and costumes. I think its pretty worth it idk. Xenoblade dlc was also cut content for the orginal game but people loved it so idk. Still the worst actual dlc done in a Nintendo game were the fire emblem games on 3ds. Awakenings true ending was locked and fates other 2 endings (one that includes the true story) was also locked. Doesn't help that choosing the other path in Fates leads to the eshop.

How is it too easy? The post game is kinda challenging not including the actual challenge mode. Competitive still exists and I doubt you are a high tier trainer. It's also a game marketed towards kids and casuals btw. No Pokemon games are hard tbh. Literally just use set up moved and you beat any story trainer easily.

Another common complaint is how the game was rushed and that's why bad. Idk every sakurai game from 2000-2010 was rushed and people say they're perfect. Literally half of subspace is reused because they ran out of time. Also you have to remember that in the modern day world of video games updates exist. Now rather these updates do anything is up to the devs.

Dexit is also dumb because gen 3 did the same thing but you were forced to buy another game to complete the dex while sword and shield are getting updated for free. (No the dlc Pokemon are not locked to people with the dlc. They're in the game but can only be caught in the dlc areas. You can still probably trade them from home)

Animation is a big thing too. Idk im fine with the models used. Seems that a lot of people love to talk about things they dont know much abou. I'm not an animation expert but even I know a lot of works went into the models and animations used. Do you know how many animations exist in x and y alone? Every Pokemon has about 6-7 battle animations and a few more for amie like run, walk, rub, etc. The amount of animations done in this game alone is probably around 10,000. And then every gen they have to make more. Like crap that's a lot of work gone to waste if they were to throw them away to make more from scratch. Using the same models is smart because it allows them more time to develop other stuff for the game. Because you know literally every game does this

Sword and shield are very flawed games but I enjoyed it. Although I think the biggest losers in this whole mesd are the temtem devs. They just wanted to make a fun mmo but it got caught up into being a Pokemon killer that was circle jerked into being greater than what it really was. Poor guys can barely hit 1000 players nowadays
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:16:57 31/05/2020 by somePerson
#2466 Posted: 20:26:18 31/05/2020
I don't want to make a big discussion on these points sP, but they DID redo all the XY models and animations from scratch according to their own interviews. Probably a huge lie and actually a porting issue that couldn't be solved in their hilariously small release schedule (so less "oh they lie about being a small dev team" and more "TPC is mismanaging Game Freak since they'll make bank anyway"), but they indeed, supposedly, wasted all that work, and only made up for it with the DLC.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:26:59 31/05/2020 by Bifrost
#2467 Posted: 20:38:27 31/05/2020
I don't want to make a big discussion on these points sP, but they DID redo all the XY models and animations from scratch according to their own interviews. Probably a huge lie and actually a porting issue that couldn't be solved in their hilariously small release schedule (so less "oh they lie about being a small dev team" and more "TPC is mismanaging this whole thing since they'll make bank anyway"), but they indeed, supposedly, wasted all that work.

That was a very vague translation. We don't know if he meant all models or some models.

Even then it's a lie anyways because It's damage control due to all the backlash. an out of context quote from an interview nobody will ever read must be true tho.

We literally know nothing about the development of this game. It could have started years ago. There's also Easter eggs forshadowing the games
#2468 Posted: 21:22:50 31/05/2020
ok heres my takes

1) the story is a hot mess because its all in the background up until the last 2 hours. you’re constantly told to “just do your gym challenge and leave this stuff to the adults” which is just boring. rose makes 0 sense. you might say he doesn’t like leaving things until later but that line is really only there so his motivations aren’t completely unintelligible
as for the other characters
-we’re constantly told leon is the best trainer ever but we never see him do anything, the games just like “dude just trust us, he’s awesome”
-bede is somewhat interesting (despite being a monotype trainer) until they just ditch him halfway through the game until he shows off his offscreen character development
-marnie could be interesting but is severely underutilized
-hop is probably the best character in the game (a low bar) but he shows up way too much
-sonia just spouts exposition whenever you meet her
-oleana and magnolia could be removed from the plot with minimal changes
-team yell is like team skull with no charm
everyone else is fine

2) dlc is fine in my eyes. €30 is a bit much but we’ll see if it’s worth it when the dlc comes out

3) difficulty is weird in pokemon. it’s either stupid easy or you get kicked in the crotch your friendly neighbourhood light consuming dragon. most pokemon games will generally be easy unless you apply challenges to yourself (nuzlockes, monotype, CAN YOU BEAT POKÉMON *colour, gemstone, letter, etc* WITH JUST ONE *pre evolved mon*). overall, my stance on difficulty is... meh.

4) swsh definitely feel less polished than most pokemon games nowadays, with several glitches popping up (broken shiny odds making the non masuda method shiny hunting worthless, being able to teach pokemon moves and evolve them before they hatch from the egg and the date skip method... which ironically makes the game much less tedious to play). yeah they could patch these out but... there hasn’t been any patches other than the galarian slowpoke update. and i think the reason people enjoy games like pokemon isn’t because they’re good, its because they’re pokemon (some pokemon games are good though)

5) the whole “gen 3 had dexit” argument is stupid. sure, you couldn’t transfer your old pokemon, but at least they had a good reason: technical limitations. gen 2 just couldn’t connect to gen 3. and all the pokemon came back eventually. we can’t even be sure of that now.

6) models are fine tbh, some attacks look good, some are double kick, so meh. would i like every individual move to have animations for every pokemon? sure. is it feasible? god no. i’m fine with what we have. besides, i play with animations off in swsh 90% of the time anyway

moral of the story? play pokemon mystery dungeon
---
I’ve had this avatar for a year and a half at this point, I’m not changing it now
#2469 Posted: 21:31:50 31/05/2020 | Topic Creator
Despite liking how plot-heavy S/M was, I actually like that SW/SH doesn't focus on having a major plot too much up until the end even when compared to past entries.
It felt refreshing just being a kid on a journey and trying to become the champion without so much formulaic story telling that past games have relied on for so long, personally.

That said, I still feel that they could have built up to the ending a bit more without it having to necessarily overshadow focusing on getting badges and becoming champion.
Have it take more of a backseat than it did even in past games, but increasingly build up to it more before it explodes at the end.
---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:43:02 31/05/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#2470 Posted: 22:08:08 31/05/2020
Quote: emeraldzoroark
ok heres my takes

1) the story is a hot mess because its all in the background up until the last 2 hours. you’re constantly told to “just do your gym challenge and leave this stuff to the adults” which is just boring. rose makes 0 sense. you might say he doesn’t like leaving things until later but that line is really only there so his motivations aren’t completely unintelligible
as for the other characters
-we’re constantly told leon is the best trainer ever but we never see him do anything, the games just like “dude just trust us, he’s awesome”
-bede is somewhat interesting (despite being a monotype trainer) until they just ditch him halfway through the game until he shows off his offscreen character development
-marnie could be interesting but is severely underutilized
-hop is probably the best character in the game (a low bar) but he shows up way too much
-sonia just spouts exposition whenever you meet her
-oleana and magnolia could be removed from the plot with minimal changes
-team yell is like team skull with no charm
everyone else is fine

2) dlc is fine in my eyes. €30 is a bit much but we’ll see if it’s worth it when the dlc comes out

3) difficulty is weird in pokemon. it’s either stupid easy or you get kicked in the crotch your friendly neighbourhood light consuming dragon. most pokemon games will generally be easy unless you apply challenges to yourself (nuzlockes, monotype, CAN YOU BEAT POKÉMON *colour, gemstone, letter, etc* WITH JUST ONE *pre evolved mon*). overall, my stance on difficulty is... meh.

4) swsh definitely feel less polished than most pokemon games nowadays, with several glitches popping up (broken shiny odds making the non masuda method shiny hunting worthless, being able to teach pokemon moves and evolve them before they hatch from the egg and the date skip method... which ironically makes the game much less tedious to play). yeah they could patch these out but... there hasn’t been any patches other than the galarian slowpoke update. and i think the reason people enjoy games like pokemon isn’t because they’re good, its because they’re pokemon (some pokemon games are good though)

5) the whole “gen 3 had dexit” argument is stupid. sure, you couldn’t transfer your old pokemon, but at least they had a good reason: technical limitations. gen 2 just couldn’t connect to gen 3. and all the pokemon came back eventually. we can’t even be sure of that now.

6) models are fine tbh, some attacks look good, some are double kick, so meh. would i like every individual move to have animations for every pokemon? sure. is it feasible? god no. i’m fine with what we have. besides, i play with animations off in swsh 90% of the time anyway

moral of the story? play pokemon mystery dungeon

1) It's literally like every Pokemon game in the past. Even black and white had the same problem with story being held to the back seat. The story in black and white sucks too. It starts well off with "is cockfighting bad" but then it becomes "bad guy use Pokemon for bad but good guy use Pokemon for good".

People said silver had one of the biggest character arcs of Pokemon but all of it took place somewhere else and then he just shows up liking Pokemon. You said hop had change but he had too much screen time? So what do you want more character growth or nothing at all?

They only mention Leon's Charizard in the beginning of the game and then they drop it. Leon is probably one of the best champions in the games besides blue honestly. They set you up with the end goal right the start. You're not suppose to really like Leon. They purposely set him up as the guy you really want to take down. Leon showing up In the game being a douche before you best him up is similar to movies where the nerd beats up the jock. The build up to Leon's battle was amazing too. It was really hoping you up to being able to finally shut him up once and for all. But whatever I would rather have some character who appears once or twice in the story to he the twist champion

Both yell and skull serve the same purposes and tropes. the one you are introduced to first would be the perferred.

5) no. The hardware limitations at the time wasn't the reason why the gen 2 couldn't be sent to 3. Simple computer programs have popped up and were able to do it on ROMs and emulators. Nobody has ever said that gen 2 transfer to gen 3 was because of the hardware. It's more likely that the Pokemon in gen 2 had different stats systems which has been easily solved with said ROMs and emulators.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:08:54 31/05/2020 by somePerson
#2471 Posted: 22:55:22 31/05/2020
the stories of other games at least tried to be somewhat coherent imstead of shoving things to the last 2 hours. black and white’s story isn’t as bad as you say, some of the team plasma grunts genuinely want what they believe is best for pokemon.

my issue with hop isn’t that he gets development, its that you fight him like 10 times in the story, 3 of which before you even get to the first gym

as for your point on leon... what? he was never a jerk to anyone ever. the game was never like “wow this guy is mean”, in fact, the game went out of its way to get people to think he was cool. although i will admit, revealing the champion/your end goal super early on is actually a good idea

team skull and team yell, while similar, have many differences. team skull is comprised of many people who have failed the island challenge. they have essentially formed a family in po. the game goes out of its way to be like “haha look at these wacky team skull guys” and you never have to take any of them too seriously (except maybe guzma). and i remember several fun moments with team skull and like nothing with team yell. speaking of them, maybe i would like them more if the character they were cheering on was someone with a personality that wasn’t stale bread. piers is cool though.

and yeah, you’re probably right on the whole “different stat system” thing, which is still a valid reason why the gen 2/gen 3 thing happened. besides, most people would say ruby and sapphire was a big step up from gold/silver/crystal, unlike with swsh.
---
#2472 Posted: 23:17:57 31/05/2020
what other Pokemon game is coherent with story? All of it is story stuff and then pushing it aside for gyms

He's a rival. You're suppose to fight him a lot. Nothing wrong with mini bosses. You dont get to the first gym until a few hours in the game. What's wrong with fighting hop during those few hours.

Marnie as a character is introduced to be a stoic character but in the post game she is practicing how to smile and then runs away when caught. She then decides to take over pier and gym leaders. Did you not do the post game? Skull and tell are the same team. Yell members are outcasts who all live in a shady town and all try to help out marnie become champion.

When did I say Leon was a jerk? I said he's built up to be the end game by having people praise him . It's a pretty common trope called character shilling. just because the NPCs call this celebraty an amazing person doesn't mean you have to believe that. Ever notice how in real life people praise celebs for being amazing people despite never meeting them? Literally the same thing here. The game is setting up Leon to be this great trainer that you want to beat which sets him up as the end game

You know what other character in media has been shilled by characters In it? Thanos. Thanos doesn't do anything in any of the marvel movies leading up to infinity war but all you hear about is how powerful he is which makes you want the avengers to beat him up.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:22:18 31/05/2020 by somePerson
#2473 Posted: 23:33:54 31/05/2020
Quote:
When did I say Leon was a jerk?

Quote:
Leon showing up In the game being a douche before you best him up is similar to movies where the nerd beats up the jock

- - -
---
#2474 Posted: 23:37:45 31/05/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Quote:
When did I say Leon was a jerk?

Quote:
Leon showing up In the game being a douche before you best him up is similar to movies where the nerd beats up the jock

- - -

To be fair, a douche can just be an obnoxious person without necessarily being a jerk as well.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:38:14 31/05/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#2475 Posted: 23:42:20 31/05/2020
Aww man you showed me by using my own words against me out of context. I meant douche by him being similar to a jock stereotype who gets praised by people around. If you want I could replace the word douche with "popular", "praised", etc but whatever. It's not like I typed this up on my phone with a bunch of typos I never bothered to reread
#2476 Posted: 00:09:48 01/06/2020
This is why I said I wouldn't get too much into the post.

You guys gotta agree though, Rose's evil plot being "what if in.... like a thousand years.... bad thing happen? So i need to make a tragedy now" is a bit uh.... Of a break from Lusamine, Ghetsis and even Lysandre.
---
I do art!
#2477 Posted: 00:14:01 01/06/2020 | Topic Creator
While it might be a tad generic and similar to what happened with Lusamine, I did feel that it would've made more sense if Eternatus had some kind of effect on Rose's mind or something to that effect.

I mean, Eternatus is part Poison-type and the inspiration for the Ultra Beasts after all...

- - -

Unrelated to the above discussion, but I think that I like the newer Assassin's Creed games (Origins, Odyssey, and likely Valhalla) more than the older games from what I've played.

I certainly see the appeal of the older games and don't think that any of them are necessarily bad, don't get me wrong.
That said, I find that they are a lot harder to get into and more boring to me personally despite a lot of people claiming that this also applies to the newer entries.

The newer games have a lot of busy work and can get quite repetitive at times, sure.
But I've also found that to be the case in the older titles rather frequently when I would play them.

People also claim that the newer games control worse, but I personally feel that they generally control better than some of the older games.
Hell, I feel like some of the older games somehow feel like they control worse than even the Sands of Time trilogy of Prince of Persia games do.
(Which is ironic given that Assassin's Creed originally acted as a spin-off to Prince of Persia before being turned into a spiritual successor and ultimately replacement for that franchise instead akin to how Rabbids did for Rayman)
---

Edited 7 times - Last edited at 00:57:47 01/06/2020 by Sesshomaru75
cookieeater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#2478 Posted: 04:17:45 01/06/2020

[User Posted Image]

Ooh this is amazing do you have any more characters like this or even the book this came from?
---
my fursona is a hot dog
#2479 Posted: 07:05:36 01/06/2020
"haha funny fat man burp and fart to attack" (like wario and bo rai cho) isnt funny and never will be
i wish warios moves and stuff in smash were more based on the warioware minigames instead of this unfunny gag
#2480 Posted: 12:27:15 01/06/2020

Ooh this is amazing do you have any more characters like this or even the book this came from?

This is from a GDC presentation, but there are scans of both Skylanders artbooks on tumblr. Here you go, though I recommend not sharing them in full here -

https://skylandersmutual.tumblr.com/tagged/books
---
I do art!
#2481 Posted: 13:13:04 11/06/2020
Pokemon only challenges get boring
ThroneOfMalefor Emerald Sparx Gems: 4505
#2482 Posted: 23:25:47 11/06/2020
I think the term "anti-consumer" needs to be deprecated. Nothing "pro-consumer" is ever done anymore
---
dirty boi
Project_Unnamed Diamond Sparx Gems: 7551
#2483 Posted: 00:52:19 21/06/2020
Using game-breaking character builds is very boring and is usually sign of a player who does not want to challenge oneself and really learn about the game they supposedly want to learn about.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:53:17 21/06/2020 by Project_Unnamed
#2484 Posted: 20:05:49 21/06/2020 | Topic Creator
Crash Bash, Wrath of Cortex, and Nitro Kart are rather mediocre. None of them are bad, they just aren't as good as people like to pretend they are. :/
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:06:54 21/06/2020 by Sesshomaru75
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3816
#2485 Posted: 01:20:37 22/06/2020
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Crash Bash, Wrath of Cortex, and Nitro Kart are rather mediocre. None of them are bad, they just aren't as good as people like to pretend they are. :/

Thought most people agreed on that. Even Titans is better honestly.
---
cronch
#2486 Posted: 01:23:36 22/06/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: Crash10
Thought most people agreed on that. Even Titans is better honestly.

I've seen a lot of people praise all three as if they're the hottest thing since sliced bread, especially on Twitter and YouTube.
(i.e People really want remakes of the former two, and I'm always seeing people complaining about the fact that Nitro Kart's adventure mode isn't in Nitro-Fueled)
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:25:13 22/06/2020 by Sesshomaru75
BroGuy Blue Sparx Gems: 979
#2487 Posted: 04:01:09 22/06/2020
Throw Twinsanity into that list too

although, I think there is some genuine merit in a Crash Bandicoot multiplayer couch co-op party game, and repurposing elements from Wrath of Cortex into a new game and making them better. WoC had really good music and that Coco Chinese level was good. we've seen what was done with Nitro Kart tracks in Nitro Fueled, and that's an example of turning mediocrity into quality, no?
---
NoUb
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:10:37 22/06/2020 by BroGuy
#2488 Posted: 04:08:20 22/06/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: BroGuy

I personally like TwinSanity quite a bit, though I wish it had gotten more development time regardless. Still better than AHT, at least. *shrug*

TwinSanity had a lot more going for it and at least tried to be more original when taking inspiration from J&D, while AHT outright plagiarized it and reused a lot of cut ideas from previous games on top of it.

Neither are outright bad, imo, but AHT despite being more completed than TwinSanity is the worst out of the two by a considerable margin.

although, I think there is some genuine merit in a Crash Bandicoot multiplayer couch co-op party game, and repurposing elements from Wrath of Cortex into a new game and making them better. WoC had really good music and that Coco Chinese level was good. we've seen what was done with Nitro Kart tracks in Nitro Fueled, and that's an example of turning mediocrity into quality, no?

I never said that there wasn't merit in making a multiplayer party game, I just don't think that Bash did a good job at it like CTR did at being a kart racing game.

And as for the other stuff you mentioned, that's exactly what I wanted anyways. Retcon everything that came after the originals (Including TwinSanity), but take elements and characters from them and do them justice this time.
(This is how I feel about the Spyro franchise going forward as well, btw)
---

Edited 5 times - Last edited at 04:22:48 22/06/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#2489 Posted: 04:16:45 22/06/2020

I personally like TwinSanity a lot, though I wish it had gotten more development time regardless. Still better than AHT, at least. *shrug*

I never said that there wasn't merit in a multiplayer party game, I just don't think that Bash did a good job at it like CTR did at being a kart racing game.

And as for the other stuff you mentioned, that's exactly what I wanted anyways. Retcon everything that came after the originals (Including TwinSanity), but take elements from them and do them justice.
(This is how I feel about Spyro as well, btw)

I didn't say you didn't think there was any merit, I was just saying that I thought there was. just wanted to get across what I felt. as for Twinsanity, it's better than A Hero's Tail, indeed. that's a low bar, but I will agree that Twinsanity is better than AHT- though I subjectively like neither

[I see you responded to the message I deleted and pasted in this above comment, that's fair.]
---
NoUb
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:18:42 22/06/2020 by BroGuy
#2490 Posted: 04:20:09 22/06/2020 | Topic Creator
Alright, my mistake. The wording at the end confused me, is all.
---

#2491 Posted: 04:22:02 22/06/2020
Oh right, my bad. I see, it was adding the ", no?" which makes it come across as directed. yeah, that's on me.
---
NoUb
willspyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5526
#2492 Posted: 04:23:55 22/06/2020
I personally like TwinSanity a lot, though I wish it had gotten more development time personally. Still better than AHT, at least. *shrug*

At least with TwinSanity I can enjoy the great humor and not have to worry about getting headaches.
#2493 Posted: 23:47:25 22/06/2020 | Topic Creator
Adding to my unpopular Crash Bandicoot opinions from earlier, I don't think that Titans nor Mind Over Mutant are as bad as people claim them to be.

They're still not necessarily good, sure, but I still find them to be closer to mindless mediocre fun rather than outright garbage. (And I enjoyed the humor in MOM, as admittedly juvenile as it is)

I also don't mind most of the redesigns in either game that much, even if I still don't like them all that much compared to earlier and later incarnations of the same characters.
(Tiny's redesign is garbage, though, and Uka Uka's would be good if it was another mask altogether instead)

In addition to the above, I personally like Tag Team Racing more than Nitro Kart because it felt more original and was more entertaining to me.
Whereas Nitro Kart - while still not a bad game - feels like a watered-down clone of the original CTR in much the same way that Wrath of Cortex feels like a watered-down version of Warped.

- - -

Doom: Eternal > Doom (2016)

Quote: willspyro
At least with TwinSanity I can enjoy the great humor and not have to worry about getting headaches.

Yeah, agreed with you on that one. lol
---

Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:55:11 22/06/2020 by Sesshomaru75
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5795
#2494 Posted: 00:17:09 23/06/2020
I would love a Tag Team Racing Remake, tbh. Outside of N-Sane Trilogy, CTTR is by FAR my favorite Crash game. I spent hours just exploring and running around in the park.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:17:20 23/06/2020 by HeyitsHotDog
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3816
#2495 Posted: 00:21:44 23/06/2020
I don't think Crash ever had a BAD console game, honestly. They're mostly mediocre but I'd be hard pressed to find any of them particularly terrible. Portable games are a different story though.
---
cronch
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10724
#2496 Posted: 17:56:33 23/06/2020
If tomorrow’s big Pokemon announcement turns out to be a Johto Let’s Go game, I’ll be extremely happy.
---
#SobbleSquad
#2497 Posted: 18:56:46 23/06/2020
In my case, a revival of the Gamecube era Pokémon games.
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 6330
#2498 Posted: 19:15:07 23/06/2020
[User Posted Image]

Dunno if this is unpopular per se, but I don't think reviewers can review platformers that aren't Mario anymore.
---
'Ask them when we stop the greed, ask them why we have to bleed"
Motörhead - When The Eagle Screams - Motörizer (2008)
#2499 Posted: 19:43:16 23/06/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: JCW555
Dunno if this is unpopular per se, but I don't think reviewers can review platformers that aren't Mario anymore.

While I personally feel that the mainline Mario games usually deserve the praise that they get, I do find it a tad annoying that any platformers that aren't Super Mario (Or sometimes just Nintendo in general) are usually rated quite a bit lower.

Seems to be not only an issue with critics either, since I've seen a lot of people act like - due to the fact that Mario pioneered the genre and his games are usually amazing - nothing else has the right to exist or is not nearly as good for whatever reason.

Hell, I've seen people claim that other platformers are "derivative" compared to Mario, which is ridiculous because not all are and that's like saying any game ever that wasn't the first of its genre is derivative because it didn't come first.
(This is why I don't like people that put Super Mario 64 on a pedestal when compared to games that've aged a lot better)
---

Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:14:55 23/06/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#2500 Posted: 20:21:48 23/06/2020
If this topic was never stickied, it would have been the end of the topic. So thats fun.

Guess I had better reveal an unpopular gaming opinion...

Spyro is cool
---
First | Previous | Page 50 of 53 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me