View Results
First | Previous | Page 49 of 53 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
Unpopular Gaming Opinions [STICKY]
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6575
#2401 Posted: 07:14:23 28/03/2020 | Topic Creator
Skyro is babby.
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.

Black lives matter, don't stop fighting until they do.
sans Green Sparx Gems: 498
#2402 Posted: 07:16:55 28/03/2020
people say he's ugly but i just can't see it, i think his short muzzle makes him cute. interestingly, his horns remind me of ember's, but i don't blame them for changing the design of spyro's horns since original spyro's horns are hard to make sense of. they go back then up then back again? idk, it's weird. i love that big tail blade though, and the wiiiiiiings! he can actually fly now, they're big enough! i also like that they're purple instead of yellow, as that used to bother me, but i've grown used to it now.

skyro's eyes being red is also a nice contrast and more interesting than them being black or purple like other spyros.
---
all lives don't matter until black lives do. blm. 1312.

join my rp
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 7329
#2403 Posted: 13:40:13 28/03/2020
The discussion is long gone but Shadow Legacy implies his name was always Red. Why not pick another elder dragon and say he's their grandpa of a same name or something? Beats me.

I think the most appropriate Spyro eye color should be orange or gold(yellow's too spooky). It closes around his color scheme perfectly and still gives him a supernatural feel. Purple or red has a strange kind of underwhelming quality to them, which is why everyone fixates on the horns and crest.
---
I do art!
MAHARI YUWARE GAAIE SABANARE
AMARE DIRAHI JUMAGI GANASHARA
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 7785
#2404 Posted: 21:12:58 28/03/2020
I honestly love the first two LoS games
---
Twinkies and 2hus
willspyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5511
#2405 Posted: 21:32:51 28/03/2020
Ngl they're pretty fine I need to play them again soon.
ThroneOfMalefor Emerald Sparx Gems: 4505
#2406 Posted: 21:43:11 28/03/2020
Clap if you played ANB on Nintendo DS
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
---
dirty boi
#2407 Posted: 21:44:29 28/03/2020
TEN hit different on gba
#2408 Posted: 21:50:01 28/03/2020
Okay but why was the Java mobile phone version of DotD not any less or more crap than the other versions
---
dirty boi
#2409 Posted: 21:51:01 28/03/2020
You were the only person in the world to play it
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:52:04 28/03/2020 by willspyro
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 7785
#2410 Posted: 21:58:28 28/03/2020
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
Clap if you played ANB on Nintendo DS
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

I actually played ANB on the DS before I played it on PS2!
I remember when I first got the PS2 version going all "WHERE ARE THE GEM PUZZLES"
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#2411 Posted: 23:26:49 28/03/2020
I've watched both ANB and TEN DS for a few minutes and I can't see how anyone could even handle that. Both chose the single worst angles and gameplay loops I've ever seen, ANB doesn't even have a soundtrack for most of the time. Not knocking anyone's opinion if they like it, early DS is early DS, but boy it aged badly.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:27:14 28/03/2020 by Bifrost
ThunderEgg Yellow Sparx Gems: 1329
#2412 Posted: 01:15:31 29/03/2020
this is more of a confession

i'm not really interested in any other games besides spyro

the only reason i started playing ctrnf was because i knew they were adding in spyro as a grand prix

i guess i'm not a real gamer smilie
---
I AM ETERNAL!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:16:35 29/03/2020 by ThunderEgg
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10708
#2413 Posted: 17:29:34 29/03/2020
This is also a confession: I had no interest in or knowledge of any of Nintendo's IPs besides Pokemon and Mario until I played Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
---
#SobbleSquad
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10358
#2414 Posted: 20:42:33 29/03/2020
detroit become human kind of sucks but i find it's use of graphic design very striking. everything's got this minimalist corporate utopian vibe. reminds me a lot of walking through the airport or uhh the king of prussia mall. not sure how else to describe it.
---
Sonic Minecraft Undertale FNAF ... my favorit things smilie
#2415 Posted: 21:07:40 29/03/2020
Playing through DOOM 2016. Because ya boy wants to catch up to play Eternal. But the visual aspect of the levels kinda suck especially when you're in the UAC facility and it's gotten old fast. Just don't wanna move on without finishing but eh
---
dirty boi
#2416 Posted: 21:28:14 29/03/2020 | Topic Creator
Doom 2016 looks great graphically, but it's admittedly kind of samey visually all throughout. Kind of why I'm glad that Eternal has more variety going on in regards to its environments and such.
---

Ezio Hunter Gems: 6080
#2417 Posted: 01:41:45 30/03/2020
Quote: Carmelita Fox
detroit become human kind of sucks but i find it's use of graphic design very striking. everything's got this minimalist corporate utopian vibe. reminds me a lot of walking through the airport or uhh the king of prussia mall. not sure how else to describe it.

honestly, i have to disagree and agree in a half half way. detroit become human's story hit me hard when it came to kara and markus but connor was kinda so so, but those graphics are like super nice. it's unique in the way it has the story branches from each decision but the having to go back to get a different route is very tedious
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#2418 Posted: 05:41:35 30/03/2020
Quote: alicecarp
This is also a confession: I had no interest in or knowledge of any of Nintendo's IPs besides Pokemon and Mario until I played Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

This but Kirby and Pokemon. I was just a kid in 2010, I didn't even know Mario.
#2419 Posted: 03:31:04 31/03/2020
The pirate ship mechanic in Sly 3 was excellent
Gordonzora Red Sparx Gems: 94
#2420 Posted: 06:14:55 05/04/2020
Ty The Tasmanian Tiger is dope as frick
---
This is not a sentence
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#2421 Posted: 07:38:51 05/04/2020
persona 5 dungeons drag on a lot
#2422 Posted: 07:41:13 05/04/2020
Quote: somePerson

as much as i praise the game, they really can
i much prefer them to the ones from 3 and 4 though, id rather live my actual life in mementos than go through tartarus again
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 6318
#2423 Posted: 16:48:04 05/04/2020
To go back to the Skyro discussion, it astounds me why the in-game models for him look so ugly, yet in the comics he can look cute. Academy Skyro looks way better than in-game Skyro too.

Again, to go back to the A Hero's Tail discussion, I was watching a longplay with friends, and it's honestly worse than I remember it being. It's a blatant Jak and Daxter ripoff, and the ball gadget was a ripoff of Monkey Ball. The shop in the game was done in Ratchet and Clank. Nothing about it is original. Crash Twinsanity is kind of a Jak and Daxter ripoff, but it hid it so much better. A Hero's Tail's copying of Jak and Daxter is so blatant. The swamp level was just straight pulled out of J&D. None of the environments outside of, say, Cloudy Domain wowed me, and the music is just underwhelming. Guess how many songs in that game don't have a part of the main menu theme? 1, and that's in Red's Laboratory. I think AHT's most egregious offense is that it just doesn't feel like a Spyro game. Replace Spyro/Sgt. Byrd/Moneybags with other characters, and it's just a generic 3D platformer. Nothing that defines Spyro as Spyro is here. Even Enter the Dragonfly, as bad as it is, managed to capture the feeling of Spyro better. I used to think A Hero's Tail was an OK game (like a 6.5 or 7 out of 10), but now, it's more like a 4 or 5 out of 10. It's just a derivative, damn near plagiarizing mess. Should of called the game Spyro: Let's Ripoff Other Platformers Edition.
---
'Ask them when we stop the greed, ask them why we have to bleed"
Motörhead - When The Eagle Screams - Motörizer (2008)
#2424 Posted: 18:15:13 05/04/2020 | Topic Creator
I love how they just literally took the minigame from the swamp level in Jak & Daxter as well, and the only thing they changed from it was that there were bats instead of rats in it. Truly subtle, Eurocom. smilie
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:17:00 05/04/2020 by Sesshomaru75
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 5873
#2425 Posted: 06:15:24 06/04/2020
Quote: Gordonzora
Ty The Tasmanian Tiger is dope as frick

Good taste.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#2426 Posted: 22:50:32 12/04/2020 | Topic Creator
Seeing all of the drama games like Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Resident Evil 3's remake have been going through just continues to reinforce my mentality that gamers are entitled, spoiled little bastards. :/

Now that isn't to say that some criticisms people have with either game aren't valid in of themselves. (Such as the one island per Switch thing with the former, and the cutting of content and short length of the latter)
But the extent that a lot of people often go to is mind****ingly ridiculous, and is part of the reason why I don't take the opinions of the average person any more seriously than those of a critic sometimes.

Obviously I shouldn't let other people's opinions bother me all that much, but just some of the reaching and low effort I've seen in instances like these me makes me wonder "Who literally asked?".
(This probably bothers me so much because I still have interest in game development and potentially contributing to the industry, so seeing the unnecessary venom that is often displayed is both discouraging and sometimes downright disgusting)
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:56:24 12/04/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#2427 Posted: 23:02:27 12/04/2020
Quote: Vespi
Quote: somePerson

as much as i praise the game, they really can
i much prefer them to the ones from 3 and 4 though, id rather live my actual life in mementos than go through tartarus again

both kinda stink. mementos has the worst overworld theme and i wish you could change it
Ezio Hunter Gems: 6080
#2428 Posted: 23:09:00 12/04/2020
i honestly don't mind the idea that FF7 is gonna be in installments, i mean the OG game had three discs. the new game is so graphically intense, ofcourse its gonna need to be in parts
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
#2429 Posted: 23:27:28 12/04/2020
Quote: Ezio
i honestly don't mind the idea that FF7 is gonna be in installments, i mean the OG game had three discs. the new game is so graphically intense, ofcourse its gonna need to be in parts

Same, a lot of people are dismissing criticism with "oh you just wanted them to spend 10 more years on the game??" No, split it up in 7 installments for all I care, I just don't agree with some changes and the nature of the game, spoilers of course. Could've happened with a single game too, at some point you have to be reasonable when it comes to balooning development costs.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:28:00 12/04/2020 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5785
#2430 Posted: 23:36:57 12/04/2020
FF7R splitting up into parts is a great idea, to be honest. Make each part of the game a massive experience. My only concern is how long it will take to get all games.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#2431 Posted: 23:51:27 12/04/2020 | Topic Creator
I don't mind them splitting it into parts either, especially given that they're expanding upon things and it's not a one for one remake anyways.

Also, in regards to how long it might take for them to release all of the parts for FF7 Remake, given that they have a solid base with the first part I could see two to three more parts over the next four to six years.
(With a part every two or so years, maybe less)
---

pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7518
#2432 Posted: 04:02:45 13/04/2020
I feel like FF7R is a game that we won't realize the full intentions and ambitions of until the entire thing is complete, right now it's admittedly a little frustrating having to wait for further games, but once it's all said and done it will hopefully make more sense why the move was made.

Honestly though I haven't gotten super far into it but if each entry in the Remake is just as good as this first one, we could be looking at a string of like 3 or 4 Final Fantasy games in a row that are all GOTY material and that's insane to think about.
- - -

I think MW3 is the best in the original Modern Warfare trilogy.

While I don't think its campaign is as strong as CoD4, or its multi-player as insane as MW2, I think the overall improvements and fine tuning it did make it the best possible last-gen CoD from Infinity Ward.

Campaign is still really solid and fun and ends the trilogy on a nice conclusion. Not even close to the fantastic campaign in CoD4, but better than MW2's and not nearly as contrived as that one was.

Multi-player is basically a balanced MW2 which, while it does take away MW2's insanity, gives it a different dose of fun. Class customization was fantastic in this game, and the improvements they made to killstreaks were awesome as well. Maps are really well rounded and some of them are the best in the franchise. Included all of MW2's game modes and added a ton of new ones, from Face-offs to Infected to Kill Confirmed. It may be more of the same from MW2, but it's much better to get into now that it's actually balanced. MW2 may be peak CoD multiplayer but it was a little too wild for me personally whenever I did play it.

Spec Ops is without a doubt the best in this game. Has even more missions than MW2, this time all able to be played from the get-go, survival on every single multi-player map, and chaos mode on every single map as well(and semi-related, it's GOTY material compared to the dumpster fire that is MW2019's Spec Ops).

Not to say CoD4 or MW2 are bad, they're both fantastic games in their own right. But MW3 is, imo, the best. Honestly all it really needed was a campaign to top CoD4 and it probably would have been the best game in the whole franchise objectively speaking instead of MW2 or BO2.

Although personally I'd still say MW2019 is my favorite MW game in general just for how addicting the multiplayer and Warzone in that game is, and for having one of my favorite campaigns in the series, Spec Ops aside.

Black Ops 1 is still king though. Fite me.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:06:32 13/04/2020 by pankakesparx456
#2433 Posted: 09:17:49 17/04/2020 | Topic Creator
Crash: TwinSanity is the only other game from the Crash Bandicoot series (Let alone the Spyro series) that I feel deserves a remake/reimagining.
(I'd also like to see Tag Team Racing get one as well, but I don't think it necessarily deserves it or that it makes much sense personally)

- - -

The platforming in Doom: Eternal didn't really bother me outside of a few tedious segments here and there.
They should probably tone them down a bit for the inevitable Doom 3: The Second (But Hopefully Good This) Time™, sure, but I'd still be fine with its inclusion regardless.

I also don't really mind the scarcity of ammo in the game, as I found that there was always plenty of weaker enemies left around for me to chainsaw when the situation called for it.
(And I personally never felt that chainsawing an enemy for ammo "ruined" the flow or anything of the sort, really)

That, and it made me play a lot differently than I normally would by making me adapt to using different weapons more frequently and actually think about how I approach certain enemies and fights to a greater extent, which I actually quite liked.

The game is also quite a bit harder than 2016 (Even on the easiest setting), which was rather nice for the most part.

That said, while I've gotten better at dealing with them, Archviles and Marauders are still annoying regardless of what difficulty they're fought on.
(They admittedly ruined the flow for me whenever they showed up during a fight, ngl :/)
---

Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:57:06 17/04/2020 by Sesshomaru75
Trix Master 100 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6504
#2434 Posted: 23:32:42 17/04/2020
This is more a technology opinion than just gaming, but since gaming involves passwords.

If your site or game actually forgets the password which it should have saved for it's memory, in order for you to log in and do ****. It's not a person problem, it's your **** ass coding. Which deserves no defense and actually defending it is so bull****, that worms would throw up in your direction.

Coming from a pit where I write down my passwords and either a website or MOJANG itself ****ing forgets it. It's like going to your bank or safety deposit box and the guy taking you to the back loses the only key to opening that box safely. It's reckless and irresponsible.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6633
#2435 Posted: 00:59:33 18/04/2020
I do not want a Final Fantasy IX remake that is developed in the same way as FFVIIR. I don't want a complete upending of what the original was. I just want something much closer to what the Crash and Spyro remakes were. Some extra post game content, QoL improvements, and some relatively small story improvements (some extra character specific side quests could be cool for fleshing out the characters a bit more, also Beatrix's arc is the one part of the story that's genuinely bad so I would make some changes to that to make it work but this wouldn't effect the larger core narrative) would be cool additions too, but the experience should remain similar, with the same battle system and same narrative progression with no twist ending (the original game's ending is basically perfect as is). The main draw should just be the new coat of paint and voice acting. It also does not need to be overbudgeted and over-detailed to the point of being released in parts, the original game was very stylised so capitalise on that.

I kinda don't trust modern Square Enix on this front...excepting maybe if they let the team behind World of Final Fantasy handle it. That's probably the purest FF experience we have gotten in a long time.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5763
#2436 Posted: 13:18:10 20/04/2020
Due to the fact we keep getting them, it seem in name only video games adaptations of GOT are hugely popular for some reason(I’m talking about stuff like the browser game or the two mobile titles), am I the only one who want huge open world RPG in the style of Witcher? Why can’t we get proper games or even an mmo?
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Alcremie Green Sparx Gems: 414
#2437 Posted: 03:17:16 21/04/2020
Quote: Trix Master 100
This is more a technology opinion than just gaming, but since gaming involves passwords.

If your site or game actually forgets the password which it should have saved for it's memory, in order for you to log in and do ****. It's not a person problem, it's your **** ass coding. Which deserves no defense and actually defending it is so bull****, that worms would throw up in your direction.

Coming from a pit where I write down my passwords and either a website or MOJANG itself ****ing forgets it. It's like going to your bank or safety deposit box and the guy taking you to the back loses the only key to opening that box safely. It's reckless and irresponsible.

just use lastpass my friend
---
thormsty
#2438 Posted: 21:26:06 22/04/2020
not unpopular opinion but I didn't know where to put this

The modern Pokemon games just get better with each entry.

The Pokemon fandom is a cycle. You grow up a kid playing it and everyone loves Pokemon. Then you're a teen and it's no cool to like it. Now you're almost an adult and it's nostalgic to play Pokemon. That's the life cycle of most people playing Pokemon.

Now you have people who want the game to only cater towards them. Make it dark and adult because me a teenager thinks thats what makes a good story. And then that nostalgia of them playing some later gen game shows up and suddenly Pokemon games suck now.

No your first Pokemon game is not the best one. They all have they're own ups and downs.

Gen 1 is all about exploring and adventuring off. There are no clues about what to do. Just find the next thing to do. No real story except sometimes you beat up thugs. It's easy to get lost and the limitations of the system make it the weakest entry. It's simple and sweet but ugly but the use of imagination makes them the best games for kids in the 90s.

Gen 2 has "the best post game" which is really just going through a boring version of the first region. All you do is fight gym leaders and trainers who are weaker than the elite 4 (except blue) and then an overleveled red. No plot or anything. Just beat people. There is no sense of progression in this game. Levels of trainers and gym leaders are out of sync with your party so ur gonna either end up being under leveled or over. It did introduce important features that will be used forever like stat changes and typings

Gen 3 introduced competitive battling where you can actually make Pokemon different from your friends. However the story of the rse is still as weak as the formers of sometimes you beat up thugs along the way. Lgfr is what the first games wanted to be but still lacks an overall plot that isn't just beating up thugs sometimes. Mostly because it is the same game but prettier. Post game for both these games are still lacking.

Gen 4 introduced the best change to the battle system with move redesigns. However the first two titles are way too slow. Like really slow. Fixed in the updated version but little story was added that gave a sense of progression. Now instead of sometimes beating up thugs you beat up thugs for 2/3rds of the game. Nobody except for the bad guy however had a character that wasn't just a single personality. Hgss was really just a visual update of the first game. Didn't fix the issues that the first games had of lacking coherent level progression or the lack of plot. This gen also lacked a variety of Pokemon. Only 2 fire types in do while hgss didn't add much Pokemon that could be used in the story.

Gen 5 had my favorite visual style and actually had a story. It was the most different Pokemon game so far as it had an actual story and forced people to learn about the new Pokemon. However the game is way to linear to the point where the map is just a straight line and the Pokemon in my opinion started to get overdesigned because of the technology allowing them to. The sequels are not remakes and added more to the story but still have this feeling of I'm playing the same game... Because every Pokemon game is same. RN this gen is getting the nostalgia blind love that gen 4 had a few years back.

Gen 6 started with a weak game. It allowed customization for the first time but in trade of that the design of the character is bland. Less story focused than the last gen but it felt like a call back to gen 1. Had a sense of progression with megas and exp share made the game similar to most jrpgs where the whole team get to level up rather than the 3 people you use. I actually think the new exp share was a great add on as Pokemon encourages using a whole team that balance levels and not just using 3 Pokemon who overlevel everything. with the new exp share you are allowed to use as many Pokemon as possible and not just the same 6 throughout the game. Also exp all was a thing in gen 1. You know that game you say is overrated but never played. Oras is the best remake of all of the originals. Fixed the lack of story and had a post game that actually concluded it and wasn't just only beating up people. Even added more Pokemon to use that wasn't in the original which hgss lacked. (Hgss only added a few evolutions). Still characters are bland and radiate either happy or grumpy energy.

Gen 7 is the most story focused of the games. In fact it is all story. The beginning of the game feels like a traditional jrpg with an hour introduction that proves that Pokemon fans don't actually play other jrpgs because of how impatient they were with the game being "slow". it's not slow. You just don't like reading. First time I played this game I loved it. Great selection of Pokemon that can be caught and you can still use more than 6. An in-depth story similar to gen 5 was what people wanted but now they don't want it because they didn't want to read. The game also got more challenging near the end because of type orientated trainers learning how to counter other types. The complaint I agree with the most is that the game allows people to nuke enemies very early on to the point where it just became an instant win button. Post game had a fun side story that introduces hard battles where the NPCs have strategies. Some characters still have personalities that are just one emotion but we are getting somewhere.

Gen 8 similar to gen 7 super focuses on story. The game had a story that introduces an end goal unlike any other. Sure it's still being the champion but the game actual shows who he is and allows people to get to know him. He appears in the story more than any other champion so when you get to battle him you just want to beat him. Other champions are either people you don't know or change right before you get to them. This game also introduced the most amount of available Pokemon to use in the story to where you can use as many as you want. My team had about 10 Pokemon that I would switch out constantly with the new pc mechanics from let's go. The story also lasts throughout the entire game instead of just ending around the 7th gym. (Gen 5 is the exception). The game also gets hard near the end. NPCs start using competitive strategies like having teams based on weather or counter moves against types stronger than it. Problems I have are not much honestly. Sure it's linear and tells you where to go but every Pokemon game is. But there's little side quests in the game that rewards players who find them rewards like battle items and evolution items. People just don't do them because they don't explore the game. Instead they choose to try to best the game as fast as possible and don't explore because they want to say you can't.

Notice how much I talk more the newer titles with each gen? That's because there is just more to talk about with them. Every gen gets better than the last but the nostalgia blindness we get with the first one we play is what we complain about genwunners having. In a few years we will have teens saying gen 6 is the best and later on it's gonna be gen 7 praise. A constant however is gonna be hating games that they simply outgrew. These games aren't getting easier. You're just outgrowing it's simplicity. In fact I would actually argue that these games are getting harder. The early game will always be about having bigger numbers but toward the end it's all about using stat boosting moves and preparing for being hit by super effective moves.

If you think these games are only catering towards kids and not older fans you are also wrong. The newer gens make having a competitive team easier with every entry where people can beat others in battles of skill. However most don't do this and would rather complain about the story being for kids than play the mode for older fans.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:33:44 22/04/2020 by somePerson
#2439 Posted: 21:33:54 22/04/2020
People who want mature themes and adult content don't actually know what that means. The last few Pokemon games had mature themes thrown right into your face. Themes like child abuse and neglect are present throughout the entirety of gen 7. Gen 6 had a literal Nazi who wanted to purify the world.

So in conclusion. Pokemon games are good.
#2440 Posted: 21:51:39 22/04/2020 | Topic Creator
I honestly more or less agree with you on pretty much everything you said SP, even regarding Gen III.

[User Posted Image]

- - -

Ngl, but I'd honestly still be down for proper, full-scale sequels to The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess if they're done right. (Yes, even if they are to be open-world like how Breath of The Wild is)

Despite preferring the latter game over the former one, it still annoys me that Miyamoto is the primary reason behind why we didn't get a sequel to TWW that was of the same scale or even larger.
(I'm not counting Phantom Hourglass here despite it being a direct sequel to TWW because it was a much smaller game by comparison due to being on a handheld console, rather than a home console like its predecessor was)

Granted we ultimately only got TP because of that decision, but it's still annoying to me regardless.
This is only made worse because we were also supposed to get a direct sequel to TP, but Miyamoto stood in the way of that too when he had the developers make Link's Crossbow Training of all things instead.

Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot of respect for Miyamoto and appreciate all he's done in his many years working for Nintendo and the gaming industry as a whole.
That said, however, while I understand that no one is perfect, it does still annoy me that he stood in the way of these games being made regardless of his reasoning for doing so at the time.
(In addition to disagreeing with some other strange, counterproductive decisions he's made over the years, and not just pertaining to the Zelda franchise either)

Hell, I see no good, real reason why we couldn't have gotten TP and eventually a proper sequel to TWW on top of it, even if the latter would've taken longer to come out due to the production of the former.

Tl;dr: One person shouldn't have prevented proper sequels to either of these games from being made, no matter how respectable they are or how much influence and creative decision they have, at least not in perpetuity. :/
(Nor should the existence of one game have to necessarily cancel out the possibility of the other, at least from my perspective on all of this)

I'm not trying to dis Phantom Hourglass, btw, as I do still enjoy it to this day albeit not as much as I used to. (I'm not trying to dis Spirit Tracks either, for that matter, especially since I love that game to death even now)

Rather I'm just annoyed that we didn't get a proper, large-scale sequel to TWW or TP, is all. smilie
---

Edited 4 times - Last edited at 23:51:18 22/04/2020 by Sesshomaru75
emeraldzoroark Emerald Sparx [online] Gems: 3317
#2441 Posted: 21:51:59 22/04/2020
Quote:
So in conclusion. Pokemon games are good.

But the N64 tree!

Ok but seriously I agree that Pokémon games are generally good and stuff. Sure, some of the Swsh stuff is questionable but, like nearly every Pokémon game I’ve played, I intend to come back to it several times, whether its shiny hunting or just playing the story again. Well, except maybe LGPE, I forget those games exist constantly. But even then, there are things to like about them.

Mystery Dungeon will always be my one true passion though
---
I’ve had this avatar for a year and a half at this point, I’m not changing it now
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5785
#2442 Posted: 22:49:55 22/04/2020
somePerson pretty much nails it. Usually, my favorite Pokemon game is the newest released at that time (Or at the very least, ranks high in my personal rating) and I still do love Sword, even if SWSH still underwhelm and disappoint. I'd go as for to say Sword is in my top 5 main series Pokemon games.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#2443 Posted: 03:41:57 06/05/2020 | Topic Creator
I personally quite like how the new Gollum game looks so far, at least visually. (Still not entirely sure how to feel about him getting his own game in of itself, but I digress)
I'll admit that it can certainly improve, though in all fairness the game still has awhile to go before it comes out anyways.

A lot of people are just mad because it's stylized rather than full-on realistic like the Middle-earth games, when this game (Unlike those two games) doesn't really have anything to do with the Peter Jackson movies. :/
The Lord of The Rings and Tolkien's greater universe for it existed long before Peter Jackson's interpretation of it did, and many previous interpretations just happened to be cartoons.

For how many years have games set in Tolkien's universe used the Peter Jackson films as a template?
I'd rather have some variety than the same thing every single time, and that's coming from someone who loves the Peter Jackson films (Yes, even The Hobbit trilogy) and likes both of the Middle-earth games.

I also feel that people are being even more unfair towards it when it doesn't even come out until sometime next year, and all we've seen from the game so far is a small handful of still screenshots.
---

Edited 9 times - Last edited at 18:24:17 06/05/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#2444 Posted: 12:43:30 06/05/2020
Even before Peter Jackson's films we had the Rankin Bass animations, so uhh the stylized adaptations actually came first. Game has as much right to exist as Shadow of War.
---
I do art!
#2445 Posted: 18:23:57 06/05/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Even before Peter Jackson's films we had the Rankin Bass animations, so uhh the stylized adaptations actually came first. Game has as much right to exist as Shadow of War.

Exactly. It's just so annoying, even as a fan of the Peter Jackson films and the Middle-earth games, seeing so many people clearly upset because it isn't in the style of either of those. :/

- - -

Anyone that legitimately believes that The Last of Us Part II isn't going to sell well after the recent leaks is a moron. (I'm not defending the leaks or the game itself, btw, just to be clear)
It's going to sell well regardless because there are plenty of people who haven't spoiled the game and refuse to do so.

That, and there are many others including those who hate what's been leaked that'll buy the game anyways because they either still want it or have no self-control whatsoever.
(i.e Look at all the people who still bought Pokémon: Sword & Shield after saying that they wouldn't because of the whole Dexit nonsense)

Psst, saying "Go woke, go broke" doesn't make you look smart.
If anything it just makes you look like an absolute idiot and jackass to everyone that has more than a single brain cell and doesn't turn into a raging chimpanzee every time any piece of media has any semblance of diversity in it.
---

Edited 8 times - Last edited at 23:33:23 06/05/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#2446 Posted: 23:34:58 06/05/2020
I can concur.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:35:27 06/05/2020 by willspyro
#2447 Posted: 04:11:40 07/05/2020
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Bifrost

Exactly. It's just so annoying, even as a fan of the Peter Jackson films and the Middle-earth games, seeing so many people clearly upset because it isn't in the style of either of those. :/

There's a similar problem with Square Enix's Avengers. Regardless of whether or not you think the gameplay or story looks good, it seems like the large majority of detractors are upset it doesn't look like the MCU or the comics, similar to initial reactions to Insomniac's Spider-Man (which turned out excellent, even though I'm still on the fence about Avengers myself). There have been so many beloved portrayals of Marvel heroes outside of the MCU and comics, like the 90's X-Men, Into the Spider-Verse, the Ultimate Alliance games, and even the MCU and Insomniac Spider-Man game to name a few, they all took creative liberties to make a new and different story.

I guess what I'm getting at is that Gollum and Avengers have the same problem; too many people latch on to the perceived notion that a connection to the predominant adaptation is the only way the game will be good or succeed, when there have been many adaptations of the same source material that took the source material in a different and amazing direction.

Honestly, from the looks of it, I wouldn't be too worried about Gollum, since it looks to be a really unique take on the stealth genre from screenshots alone. I have my own gameplay reservations about Avengers, but with the talent attached on all levels, I'm sure it'll be middling at worst.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7518
#2448 Posted: 15:38:06 12/05/2020
Story-wise, Metal Gear Solid 2 is incredible and should be regarded as a prime example of what video games are capable of as an artistic medium. But gameplay-wise, it's abysmal and one of the worst games I've ever played.

This may be a more polished Metal Gear Solid 1(which can be a good thing, because despite its old gameplay style I still really enjoyed MGS1), but the game surrounding it is so punishing, unrewarding, and clunky. Too many times throughout the game I've had to fight the controls because they're too sensitive and awkward, like maneuvering against walls or trying to aim in first person with weapons. It is incredibly difficult to properly assess situations because of this, the fixed camera angles, the design of Big Shell, AND the handicap of having no map until you find a terminal in each shell. The worst part of all this is that if you make the smallest of screw-ups, you get ass-blasted into tomorrow with endless reinforcements that you can barely fight off, or you're forced to play a waiting game over and over again. The boss fights drag on and on and the issues surrounding the clunky controls, bad combat, and terrible design are also in full swing.

It's polarizing because I love what MGS2 brings to the table in terms of its story, characters, and themes. I love the political subtext with this game, I really like Raiden as a character, Snake is awesome, etc. It's actually incredible and kind of scary how relevant this game is now, it was really ahead of its time with the themes it tackles in its story. But I was constantly asking myself throughout the game if it was really worth dealing with the gameplay in order to experience this story.

MGS1 is dated by design in some aspects, but it was at least forgiving enough, moved at a good enough pace, and was complimented by(mostly) good level design in Shadow Moses. And most importantly I didn't get absolutely annihilated if I made one small mistake, and I always given an opportunity to remedy it.. MGS2 is so poorly designed by comparison. Its levels are not accommodated well to the gameplay style that MGS1 had, its pacing is all over the place, Big Shell is so poorly designed, and it actively works against you constantly to the point where you never feel like any mistakes are your own fault, but rather the game's because you're so handicapped against it.

When I finished MGS1, I thought it was a fun and enjoyable experience, even with some of its dated mechanics and design philosophy. When I finished MGS2 I audibly yelled out "****ing finally." As much as I love the story, this isn't a game I want to ever intentionally revisit ever again.

Tl:dr- MGS2 is an achievement in story, writing, and characterization, but an absolute failure as a video game.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:44:59 12/05/2020 by pankakesparx456
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5763
#2449 Posted: 17:45:37 12/05/2020
Platforming does not belong in an RPG(glare at Valkyrie Profile)
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#2450 Posted: 07:27:41 21/05/2020 | Topic Creator
I really want a remake of Donkey Kong 64, but only because - despite still loving the game to this day - there's a lot of things that they could do in a remake to make the game so much better and less monotonous to play in my eyes.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:28:43 21/05/2020 by Sesshomaru75
First | Previous | Page 49 of 53 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me