Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Best Soundtrack - Overall - Consoles
Page 1 of 1
Best Soundtrack - Overall - Consoles [CLOSED]
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#1 Posted: 07:23:34 28/12/2008 | Topic Creator
OK, like the previous soundtrack topic I made.

So which game in your opinion is has the best soundtrack?

StD definitely had great tunes, but went down hill in Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon. They just got repetitive and annoying.
Composed by Steward Copeland

I've heard some of the tracks in Enter the Dragonfly, and some were just plain awesome. Kudos to whoever composed them.
- Unknown

The Hero's Tail soundtrack was definitely interesting in my opinion. It just stood out to say the least, and I definitely liked it.
Composed by Steve Duckworth

Now the Legend series definitely is interesting.... but not by much. I say it's just... boring.
dragonlover Yellow Sparx Gems: 1122
#2 Posted: 09:39:54 28/12/2008
the theme music of the legend series is good though.
---
Supernatural is the key to the world of hot guys......
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#3 Posted: 21:10:52 28/12/2008
I believe Stewart Copeland did EtD as well. >_> And how did you figure out the composer for AHT. It was like, a HUUUUUUUGE mystery! o.0 But StD is still my personal favorite. ANB is also good, so kudos to that game (it was the only game to get a soundtrack actually released).
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Fire Legend Gold Sparx Gems: 2608
#4 Posted: 21:34:09 28/12/2008
the legend series soundtrack wasn't all bad...tall plains in ANB was good
---
I AM GONE.
#5 Posted: 00:41:03 30/12/2008 | Topic Creator
Seriously? A HUGE mystery?

I tell you buddy.

Eurocom had developed the party game, Crash Bash. In the Credits, it was listed that Steve Duckworth did the music, and sound effects. So basically, he's their composer. Credits are handy.

And more opinions?
#6 Posted: 05:00:22 30/12/2008
Oh well if I'd KNOWN that Eurocom developed Crash Bash... which I didn't. ^.^;
---
Nalemor Ripto Gems: 789
#7 Posted: 06:16:57 30/12/2008
I would say Spyro wise, the Legend soundtracks.

But, the overall BEST videogame soundtracks EVER are the Halo soundtracks. Hands down on that.
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#8 Posted: 09:56:22 30/12/2008
As for Spyro, I'd say the Legends too

Contrary to Nalemor, I think Final Fantasy 7 has the best soundtrack overall. Of course, I haven't played Halo enough to know
Shocker shocker! I actually own Halo 3, though I never play it because it bores me and I suck at it (which is probably why it bores me) Which is why I never really play the 360 either. Lack of good games
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#9 Posted: 10:23:05 30/12/2008 | Topic Creator
Does Castlevania: Symphony of the Night get thrown in the backlot?
Or even Sega's soundtracks? They all want to talk to yooouuuss....
Nalemor Ripto Gems: 789
#10 Posted: 19:16:50 30/12/2008
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
As for Spyro, I'd say the Legends too

Contrary to Nalemor, I think Final Fantasy 7 has the best soundtrack overall. Of course, I haven't played Halo enough to know
Shocker shocker! I actually own Halo 3, though I never play it because it bores me and I suck at it (which is probably why it bores me) Which is why I never really play the 360 either. Lack of good games

I can't compare them, cuz I've never played Final Fantasy *shot down*
#11 Posted: 23:36:17 30/12/2008
I can easily say that there are indeed much better vg soundtracks than Halo 3. Heck, Gears of War 2 had a better soundtrack. And the two games pretty much have the same concept: lawlz, f1r27 p3r20n sh0073r!
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#12 Posted: 00:18:07 31/12/2008
Why are we talking about Halo 3? I have it, I can't see why people make a big fuss about it. Well back on topic, IMO EtD has the best soundtrack. My fav soundtrack of all time would be Shadow of the Colossus. My other favs are Ico, Zelda: Majora's mask, Okami.
#13 Posted: 00:56:28 31/12/2008
Yeah, EtD was actually really good (liked Volcano Slide's tune also, ROCK AWWWWWWWN!) Also, I figured out that it is Stewart Copeland who did EtD's music.
---
Peacelovespyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2864
#14 Posted: 01:33:26 31/12/2008
Spyro: TLOS:ANB or the original Spyro the Dragon. Though, I really liked at least three of the tracks in TEN and DotD better than evything else.
All time? I'd have to say...Okami. That game's music is epic. I have to replay it sometime...
---
♥ keep moving forward ♥
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#15 Posted: 21:27:41 01/01/2009
Spyro the Dragon has the best sound track out of any game I've ever played. I liked Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon's soundtracks as well, but the first was definitely the best. Some guy named Ryan Beveridge or something started to help with the music in Spyro 2-3 and kind of "ruined" it. =P

The Legend of Spyro music was alright. I like choir-ish sounding music, being in choir myself, but unfortunately the feel of the music was somewhat dampened by the fact that you have monkeys trying to kill you constantly. So whenever I hear one of the songs, I think of those stupid monkeys.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:29:44 01/01/2009 by Stormy
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#16 Posted: 22:12:04 01/01/2009
I never thought about this, but the music in the older games is generally nice and cheery. That AHT track you once linked me to on YT, Ghakimx, was really great.
And then we have the Legend of Spyro series. Ah. The complete opposite of everything Spyro once was. Well, the music is sad, slow and gloomy. Magical.
#17 Posted: 01:56:33 02/01/2009
XD
Also, Ryan Beveridge didn't help with the special tracks only heard in certain versions of the game (such as the alternate speedway theme's and the alternate Sorceress's Lair track). Those were actually pretty good IMO. I like Honey Speedway! <.<;
---
Dark Cynder_27 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6041
#18 Posted: 00:22:54 03/01/2009
Guide you home-DotD
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#19 Posted: 00:49:00 03/01/2009
AHT's music bothered me, same with EtD
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#20 Posted: 03:18:05 03/01/2009
SRSLY? I actually liked EtD and sorta liked AHT. <.<;
---
#21 Posted: 11:09:02 04/01/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: dingodile555
I never thought about this, but the music in the older games is generally nice and cheery. That AHT track you once linked me to on YT, Ghakimx, was really great.
And then we have the Legend of Spyro series. Ah. The complete opposite of everything Spyro once was. Well, the music is sad, slow and gloomy. Magical.

Yeah, that's what I think. Most of the music in the first games were cheery and stuffs. EtD is more concentrated on the atmosphere, from what I think. And a Hero's Tail falls back to what the first games were.

As for the track dingodile555 was talking about, it was this:

Dragon Village

And for a sample of Enter the Dragonfly's soundtrack, there's this track that feels similar to what the first games were like.

Dragonfly Dojo
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#22 Posted: 12:04:55 04/01/2009
Ilike the sound track for ANB at the begining on the main menu. I just love the music! And I love the music at the end of TEN.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
AntauriWolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1248
#23 Posted: 22:20:38 04/01/2009
It's hard which to choose is the best soundtrack. I'd have to say Spyro the Dragon has the best soundtrack. All the medleys in the game are just wonderful and catchy!
As Ghakimx said, some songs in Enter the Dragon are just too awesome.
I do like most music from A Hero's Tail, they sound pretty nice.
The music in the Legend of Spyro series is very lovely, probably the best orchestral music I've ever heard.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me