Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Video Game Logic [CLOSED]
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#1 Posted: 03:50:22 03/10/2015 | Topic Creator
We all know there are lots of things in video games that don't make any sense at all. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's just annoying. What's some of your favorite video game logic?

Fire Emblem series: How is it possible to forge a tome?
---
Strength, courage, and evil
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#2 Posted: 06:07:47 03/10/2015
pokemon trainer can fit anything into their bag

even a bicycle
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#3 Posted: 06:22:50 03/10/2015
Quote: IsisStormDragon

even a bicycle

It's because everything is in pokeballs
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#4 Posted: 06:49:37 03/10/2015
Quote: Dark Snap Shot
Quote: IsisStormDragon

even a bicycle

It's because everything is in pokeballs

no lol, they're legit objects. only pokemon go in pokeballs
---
words. letters. filler.
#5 Posted: 07:03:58 03/10/2015
Then why do u pick up potions and stuff in pokeballs?
---
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#6 Posted: 07:10:14 03/10/2015
I REALLY HATE how the only possible way to injure (Not even kill, just injure) people with guns in video-games is by blasting them at point blank range with a shot-gun or riddle them full of holes with a machine gun. And that pistols apparently shoot foam pellets or something!

Never mind the fact that almost all gun related killings IRL are done with pistols!

The few games that exist where pistols are useful, you are almost always forced into duel wielding them, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE IRL!

This really bothers me because pistols are the only guns I like (I'm mostly only into medieval fantasy), but I never get a chance to use them in video-games without being forced to duel wield which falls into the aforementioned complete lack of realism.

I can think of exactly 2 games where single-wielding pistols are remotely viable: Omerta (AKA XCOM Lite) and Star-Trek Online. If anybody can add to that list, it would be much appreciated.

Quote: TacoMakerSkys
no lol, they're legit objects. only pokemon go in pokeballs

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:12:26 03/10/2015 by QueenChrysalis
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#7 Posted: 09:31:52 03/10/2015
^Somebody hasn't played Halo 1?
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#8 Posted: 14:11:38 03/10/2015
The classic: eating food off the ground,especially in sewer or factory levels,is totally fine and will even heal you. "Floor ice cream gives you health!" has got nothing on eating bananas and cake drenched in sewer goo in Skylanders.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#9 Posted: 18:50:21 03/10/2015
I've never played skyrim but I thought this was funny
About to get murdered, stops mid battle to eat 20 wheels of cheese
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#10 Posted: 22:49:55 03/10/2015
There's too games logics I love 'cus how ridiculous they are. In the GTA games, you can kill people but if you die, you come out the hospital and pay a fine even if you just killed loads of people. Let's add how police make you pay a fine and take all your weapons in spite of your deranged misanthropy.

Another obvious one is in RPGS whenever you're going into people and ransacking their houses but they never call you out or kick you out. There's you're story-gameplay segregation if your favourite likeable JRPG hero can do bad things like that.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#11 Posted: 01:12:09 04/10/2015
I love Rosalina to death, but her very existence in Super Mario Galaxy means the entire game had no reason to happen, and certainly that Mario wasn't needed.

Bowser's plan in that game basically revolved around how he was able to steal all of the Power Stars from her Observatory, which powered all of his machines and he used the Grand Stars to power his Galaxy Generator. Rosalina explains pretty early on that he absorbed them from her Observatory, from a distance.

However that makes no sense as Rosalina is shown to be a powerful goddess (or even a fourth dimensional being, some people suggest) in the game. In fact, the fact Bowser absorbed the Power Stars from a distance proves it - he has never had a problem directly raiding places as big as the Mushroom Kingdom or anything else, with just his military might. But with Rosalina, he didn't dare go near her small Observatory. Yet somehow, he took those Power Stars without her retaliating.

But throughout the entire game, Rosalina demonstrates:

-The ability to fly
-The ability to teleport extremely long distances
-Absolute control over gravity
-The ability to turn into a massive giantess at will

Just as examples (I am also ignoring powers other games have shown). So basically, in a nutshell, there was no reason why Bowser could have took those Power Stars. Rosalina could have dealt with it in seconds.

And even ignoring that, even if she couldn't stop them from being stolen, she could have gotten them back promptly. She can fly and teleport, control gravity, and turn giant, in a platforming game. That's basically playing with Action Replay codes on.

And even ignoring that - she's fully playable in 3D World, and even with her "gameplay" moveset in that game, she is still superior to Mario. She runs slower but she jumps higher, has perfect traction, and has a better spin attack than the one she granted Mario in Galaxy (she can retain momentum from jumps with hers, not just cancel it). And she can defeat Bowser with that moveset.

So yeah, the game actively portrays Rosalina as this unquantifiably powerful figure. But yet Bowser still stole her Power Stars and she still asked for Mario's help. The game doesn't explain that she was too busy doing other things either. So basically, the entire game's events should have never transpired since Rosalina was there.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:13:02 04/10/2015 by sonicbrawler182
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#12 Posted: 01:17:19 04/10/2015
The double jump. I love it, but using AIR as a springboard to get higher? Haha, wat. XD And it's in every game!
#13 Posted: 02:14:57 04/10/2015
Double jump usually only gets explanation if the character has magic and/or wings, but yeah, and some animations also make no attempt to show how it works. Sometimes the character just chest thrusts themselves a few meters higher.
How about crouch jumping mechanics, in the games that have it? You're literally stuck and curled up in a tunnel,but if you struggle, somehow your body will just move foward without using the walls as cheese graters on your arms(especially if it's a cave or something).
---
#14 Posted: 02:22:32 04/10/2015
Oh look, that guy has the best armor and weapons in the game!
Better attack them with this wood sword
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#15 Posted: 03:00:22 04/10/2015

That's dumb player logic, not video game logic.
#16 Posted: 05:07:50 04/10/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Double jump usually only gets explanation if the character has magic and/or wings, but yeah, and some animations also make no attempt to show how it works. Sometimes the character just chest thrusts themselves a few meters higher.
How about crouch jumping mechanics, in the games that have it? You're literally stuck and curled up in a tunnel,but if you struggle, somehow your body will just move foward without using the walls as cheese graters on your arms(especially if it's a cave or something).

The new Tomb Raider subverted that one what good in the most uncomfortable ways. o_o You could hear Lara just scraping along through some of those cramped passages, sucking in her breath to try and fit...augh! D: Not a game to play if you're claustrophobic.

Crouch jumping is kind of legit if I remember rightly. I'm pretty sure a human with the right muscle buildup can jump higher from the stance that's pretty much universal for a game character crouching.

I'm replaying the Jak games and just all of this is in it, so it's on my mind. XD I love the "randomly spin arms and actually gain air time instead of just throwing up everywhere". Granted, Jak does have weird magic sludge in his veins and his best friend is a mutated alien weasel that can still talk.... I think the only game I've ever played with realistic jump mechanics is Portal; Chell can't jump for crap, just like a real janitor that's had nonconsented, horribly invasive knee surgery! :D
#17 Posted: 05:53:18 04/10/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael

That's dumb player logic, not video game logic.

No like lets say u beat the game and have the best armor and weapons
And u go back to lvl1 or somthing to get a hidden collectable and there's weak enemy's guarding it, and they attack you
---
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#18 Posted: 07:05:36 04/10/2015
In destiny you can fly hover jump run on the moon even though zero gravity
but cant swim xD
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:07:26 04/10/2015 by sky-dragon
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#19 Posted: 13:35:50 04/10/2015
[User Posted Image]

Logic.
---
My life is complete.
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#20 Posted: 15:45:54 04/10/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I love Rosalina to death, but her very existence in Super Mario Galaxy means the entire game had no reason to happen, and certainly that Mario wasn't needed.

Bowser's plan in that game basically revolved around how he was able to steal all of the Power Stars from her Observatory, which powered all of his machines and he used the Grand Stars to power his Galaxy Generator. Rosalina explains pretty early on that he absorbed them from her Observatory, from a distance.

However that makes no sense as Rosalina is shown to be a powerful goddess (or even a fourth dimensional being, some people suggest) in the game. In fact, the fact Bowser absorbed the Power Stars from a distance proves it - he has never had a problem directly raiding places as big as the Mushroom Kingdom or anything else, with just his military might. But with Rosalina, he didn't dare go near her small Observatory. Yet somehow, he took those Power Stars without her retaliating.

But throughout the entire game, Rosalina demonstrates:

-The ability to fly
-The ability to teleport extremely long distances
-Absolute control over gravity
-The ability to turn into a massive giantess at will

Just as examples (I am also ignoring powers other games have shown). So basically, in a nutshell, there was no reason why Bowser could have took those Power Stars. Rosalina could have dealt with it in seconds.

And even ignoring that, even if she couldn't stop them from being stolen, she could have gotten them back promptly. She can fly and teleport, control gravity, and turn giant, in a platforming game. That's basically playing with Action Replay codes on.

And even ignoring that - she's fully playable in 3D World, and even with her "gameplay" moveset in that game, she is still superior to Mario. She runs slower but she jumps higher, has perfect traction, and has a better spin attack than the one she granted Mario in Galaxy (she can retain momentum from jumps with hers, not just cancel it). And she can defeat Bowser with that moveset.

So yeah, the game actively portrays Rosalina as this unquantifiably powerful figure. But yet Bowser still stole her Power Stars and she still asked for Mario's help. The game doesn't explain that she was too busy doing other things either. So basically, the entire game's events should have never transpired since Rosalina was there.

Not to mention her limitless army of Lumas that regenerate every 13 seconds.

But what if the series is a test for Mario? That' something worth thinking about.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:47:28 04/10/2015 by The Bone Chompy
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#21 Posted: 19:51:26 04/10/2015
Put being able to use his wings in Smash Bros.
#22 Posted: 20:36:38 04/10/2015
Quote: somePerson

I just headcanon that Viridi is granting him the Power of Flight, since she does do that for some of Uprising. Or Palutena does it when she's not fighting.
---
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8947
#23 Posted: 20:48:22 04/10/2015
ARK Survival Evolved: nursing an injured dino back to health makes it loyal to you... even if you're the one that injured it.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
#24 Posted: 22:17:27 04/10/2015
Quote: sky-dragon
but cant swim xD

There is gravity on the Moon. It's just less than Earth's gravity. I imagine the Destiny characters don't move like astronauts do on the moon, though.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#25 Posted: 00:03:48 05/10/2015
TTD Hunter Gems: 6222
#26 Posted: 06:15:22 05/10/2015
Villagers and their infinite pockets in Animal Crossing. You can fit a double bed, tables, chairs, a wardrobe and a fridge all in the pockets of a villager and still have room for more.
#27 Posted: 06:33:12 05/10/2015
Can break bricks with head
Dies when touches a turtle
---
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#28 Posted: 08:01:30 05/10/2015
Quote: Razz
Quote: sky-dragon
but cant swim xD

There is gravity on the Moon. It's just less than Earth's gravity. I imagine the Destiny characters don't move like astronauts do on the moon, though.

That's what I meant since you run instead of slow motion run xD
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#29 Posted: 13:31:41 05/10/2015
Quote: TTD
Villagers and their infinite pockets in Animal Crossing. You can fit a double bed, tables, chairs, a wardrobe and a fridge all in the pockets of a villager and still have room for more.

They're bigger on the inside!
---
Dead
#30 Posted: 13:37:47 05/10/2015
Same for Minecraft. You can carry tons of gold or other heavy things or even stuff bigger than you(dragon heads or armor stands) with ease, but you can also fill every spot with a lone feather and be unable to pick up a small seed.
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#31 Posted: 22:13:23 05/10/2015
Health bars that regenerate.
#32 Posted: 22:21:29 05/10/2015
Mines a mountain
Puts it all in a chest
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#33 Posted: 00:28:46 06/10/2015
Can break bricks with head
Dies when touches a turtle

He breaks them with his fist...
Still tho
#34 Posted: 00:30:17 06/10/2015
Can kill gods
Can't break wooden door
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#35 Posted: 00:55:57 06/10/2015
Primal Groudon/Kyogre are going to destroy the world

Random Trainer: "BATTLE ME!"
#36 Posted: 01:06:02 06/10/2015
Oh yeah, the classic
*plays game in 2007-THE WORLD IS GOING TO BE DESTRORYED HURRY YOU MUST STOP HIM
*stops playing game
*plays game in 2015-THE WORLD IS GOING TO BE DESTRORYED HURRY YOU MUST STOP HIM
Me- you had 8 years to destroy the world and he didn't, lazy ****

Villian-IM GOING TO DESTROY THIS PLACE!
Man- HURRY YOU MUST SAVE US
Hero- *does a bunch of side quests and random stuff that takes 2 days*
*does story level *
HELLO! PREPARE TO DIE
Me- WHY DIDMT U DESTROY STUFF WHEN HE WAS DOING RANDOM STUFF
---
#37 Posted: 15:26:02 06/10/2015
The classic: eating food off the ground,especially in sewer or factory levels,is totally fine and will even heal you. "Floor ice cream gives you health!" has got nothing on eating bananas and cake drenched in sewer goo in Skylanders.

In Lego: Jurassic World, you feed the dinosaurs Ice-Cream that you found while digging through the same dinosaur's **** to make them feel better.
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#38 Posted: 13:52:40 09/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Phantom Brave: Enemy just stole your weapon? Pick up that enemy and use them as a weapon, even if they're a huge golem.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#39 Posted: 15:30:40 09/10/2015
Quote: QueenChrysalis

In Lego: Jurassic World, you feed the dinosaurs Ice-Cream that you found while digging through the same dinosaur's **** to make them feel better.

What???
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#40 Posted: 17:50:11 10/10/2015
Skylanders: Spyro is flying around, tries to fly over a platforming section because can't be bothered platforming, Spyro falls in the second he flies over the edge.
#41 Posted: 17:56:42 10/10/2015
Quote: QueenChrysalis
Skylanders: Spyro is flying around, tries to fly over a platforming section because can't be bothered platforming, Spyro falls in the second he flies over the edge.

I have been playing Skylanders: Giants lately, and I can confirm this struggle is real.
---
#42 Posted: 18:02:52 10/10/2015
At least in Superchargers,places outside of plataforming sections have invisible walls so he won't just slide off everything.

More Skylanders logic; piƱatas the size of your head can contain tons of candy, a handful of stardust, XP balls, or just copious amounts of oversized coins and golden crowns. Treasure in the series in general is waaay bigger than the objects they're stashed in.
---
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#43 Posted: 23:03:40 10/10/2015
final fantasy 14

culinary craft butter from milk using a knife and cutting board then repairing your cloth and metal armor using a frying pan and a stove.
#44 Posted: 03:05:21 11/10/2015
Opens box
Missle launcher? Nope
Tnt? Useless
Lighter? Worthless
Welp no lock picking things so we cant open this door
---
#45 Posted: 02:23:28 12/10/2015
Kingdom Hearts - how is Jiminy Cricket not destroyed after being in Sora's pockets all of the time, through all of Sora's battles and beatings and all?
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#46 Posted: 02:25:03 12/10/2015
Much like the double jump, the butt stomp is an incredibly common move in a lot of games and yet it makes no sense that a character can suddenly increase the speed at which they fall to the ground. It makes even less sense that doing this will usually negate the damage of falling in the first place.

Also...those times when you're being attacked by enemies, and NPC soldiers or police officers (or just NPCs with any sort of fighting skill who should be able to help you) are just standing around. First of all, why don't the enemies attack them? Second of all, why aren't they helping out?!
---
Boop me if you see this.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#47 Posted: 04:18:02 12/10/2015
tails.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#48 Posted: 04:28:30 12/10/2015
Dogs can't die in Fallout 4.
#49 Posted: 07:02:58 12/10/2015
*Stabs a zombie in the face*
*Levels up and gets better at casting spells*
#50 Posted: 07:04:43 12/10/2015
The cops saw somone beating the **** out of you. Perfectly legal
The cops saw you punch someone. YOU MUST BE KILLED
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me