Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Not my golden age. [CLOSED]
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 11:52:34 01/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I look on the internet and read people missing the "golden age" of whatever.

Why do I always miss this "golden age"? Every time I'm aware and confident enough to jump aboard, the **** was not only sunken but torn by sharks as well.

Maybe this so-called golden age is a myth and even it's not, those who were there thrash everything post-golden age but I'm not a patient man. Maybe, just maybe, their golden age isn't a golden age but a dark age.

I'll find my own golden age and celebrate it.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#2 Posted: 13:13:48 01/10/2015
I never liked people going on about "The Golden Age" either. It's a load of subjective rubbish, and this goes for ALL the "Golden Ages"!

The Golden Age of comics was back when Super-Man was a terrorist!

The Golden Age of Movies was back when they couldn't afford (Or have the technology) to do any of the stuff they do now. So it was all talking and nothing else!

The Golden Age of music, back in the Hay-Day of Black Sabbath is... Not bad, but not my thing either. Subjectivity rears it's ugly head again!

But the worst "Golden Age" of all was the one for video-games! The Golden Age of Video-Games was back in the NES/SNES era where games were all pixelated 2d with no plot and barely any gameplay! (And for the games that DO have gameplay you spend the first hour digging into the manual working out how to play the darn thing!)

----

But like I said. Subjective! People might disagree with any, maybe even all, of the points I just made. And that's fair enough because it's impossible not to be biased when we're talking about what's good or bad media unless we're talking about Big Riggs: Over the Road Racing (Your Winner!) or I Like Chinese Food (From the mastermind that brought you Friday) Fact is: There's no such thing as a golden age because when ever one group prospers another suffers, it's the way the world works. Just look at the REAL "Golden Age" the one in the late 18 hundreds. That's when the industrial revolution swept through Europe. Business prospered but the quality of life for the working man plummeted to a record low!!!
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#3 Posted: 13:55:23 01/10/2015 | Topic Creator
All this. More specifically, those of us were too late but decide not to embrace it if the other stuff is easier to get unless the old stuff does become easier but games in particular, publishers don't care about archival and whatever you can find is probably too expensive.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me