Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > An idea for a new Spyro game...
Page 1 of 1
An idea for a new Spyro game... [CLOSED]
ThunderBolt3811 Green Sparx Gems: 126
#1 Posted: 05:17:53 29/09/2015 | Topic Creator
...that isn't a Skylanders game xD

So, how would you guys feel if the next Spyro game was an open world game where you can do each quest at your own pace and you can explore as much as you want? I can't be the only one who'd dig that.

Because personally, I'm not a big fan of Skylanders.
---
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2 Posted: 05:19:30 29/09/2015
If done right, and put into the right hands, it could work.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#3 Posted: 05:53:17 29/09/2015
Did you mean: the Insomniac Spyro trilogy? :D Because that's what you just described. XD
ThunderBolt3811 Green Sparx Gems: 126
#4 Posted: 05:54:45 29/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
Did you mean: the Insomniac Spyro trilogy? smilie Because that's what you just described. smilie

I was thinking a free world game in the vein of the Elder Scrolls series, but now that I think about it it makes a lot of sense. xD
---
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#5 Posted: 06:43:38 29/09/2015
^ You just made me want to try playing Elder Scrolls again. :D Spyro has an advantage in not needing to level up or have a limit to the amount of junk he can carry around, though. :D
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#6 Posted: 05:08:46 30/09/2015
Wasn't this sort of the idea for Spyro's Kingdom?
.... until they ditched it for Skylanders.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#7 Posted: 08:48:08 30/09/2015
Quote: Bolt
Wasn't this sort of the idea for Spyro's Kingdom?
.... until they ditched it for Skylanders.

Spyro's Kingdom was Skylanders under a differet name. It's just,as the name said, with Spyro being in the role of Master Eon. The change to Spyro's Adventure was when the devs noticed it would be even more in name only if he wasn't playable.

But on concept,yeah, you'd get missions from him and apparently it'd be a bit more open world.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:35:22 30/09/2015 by Bifrost
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#8 Posted: 23:29:47 30/09/2015
Huh, Wide Open Sandboxes are my next fav. genre. Like parisruelz12 said, if it were handled well, it could work. I imagine a lot of backlash though, especially if had an absurd plot as the story The Legend of Spyro had. I actually like The Elder Scrolls series, I have Skyrim and Morrowind, and Morrowind was my favorite.
Digolgrin Green Sparx Gems: 285
#9 Posted: 20:15:16 02/10/2015
Always kept something like this in mind. I've honestly felt like the LoS-verse was the most conducive to an open world game; you'd need the right sort of story, but the lore is rich enough that I think it could work.

Heck, if Insomniac ever gets their hands on Spyro again, I could honestly see them doing this. What better venue to lampoon fantasy tropes in than in the world of LoS?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#10 Posted: 21:02:14 02/10/2015
Insomniac would give Spyro a gun and tell him to have fun in some crazy more-scif-fi-than-fantasy world. They said in the past that they actually lost interest in the IP, iirc, because it wasn't the genre they wanted to work with.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#11 Posted: 21:19:23 02/10/2015
True, I remember them saying that, Bifrost! They didn't really care doing a kid-friendly game, put in mini games to fill it up, and by Year of the Dragon, added a character with a gun, and eventually got tired of Spyro. They then sold the series to Universal, and created Ratchet & Clank, satisfied with a more mature series where characters use a gun often.
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#12 Posted: 21:37:28 02/10/2015
Quote: Bryman04
True, I remember them saying that, Bifrost! They didn't really care doing a kid-friendly game, put in mini games to fill it up, and by Year of the Dragon, added a character with a gun, and eventually got tired of Spyro. They then sold the series to Universal, and created Ratchet & Clank, satisfied with a more mature series where characters use a gun often.

Actually, there were Gnorcs with guns in the first game, in one of the final levels (can't remember the name right now). Though yes, Year of the Dragon was the first to have a playable character with one.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
#13 Posted: 22:29:30 02/10/2015
Nah, I wasn't talking about enemies with guns, I was trying to create an allusion between how Agent 9 weilding a gun would later become the premise for Ratchet and Clank and their respective levels.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me