darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Wow, nightmare mode is insanely tough!
Page 1 of 1
Wow, nightmare mode is insanely tough!
pyro16 Green Sparx Gems: 260
#1 Posted: 02:30:17 28/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Just got done with the Moneybones boss fight and he forced me to run through a couple dozen Skylanders!

It's not the main action game parts that's difficult at all, but once I get into a vehicle fight I'm just dying left and right and it feels kind of not very well balanced. Am I just bad at driving/flying/diving or are those controls really loose and the fighting really hard??
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:25:23 28/09/2015 by pyro16
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#2 Posted: 02:42:21 28/09/2015
The Count Moneybones fight is just bs tbh. Nightmare in this game isn't any harder than SF. The big issue with vehicle sections is you don't get back armor any time you switch, and vehicles don't have am invulnerable period, so you usually get dropped soon after switching. I've beat TT Kaos with a single skylander, and the Counts fight still tossed me around like a garbage can. It's just a poorly put together fight, and those darn chompys he summons are rediculously hard to hit. It's one of the only skylanders battles where I was getting angry because I felt legitimatly cheated.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:47:28 28/09/2015 by AzarianGO
Zeke_D Blue Sparx Gems: 822
#3 Posted: 02:55:49 28/09/2015
I went through all my TT guys on nightmare mode against the darkness. I started on SF guys and finally beat it. But I think that's more because I suck at racing games...
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#4 Posted: 03:15:02 28/09/2015
The real challange is to beat it without using more then one character per element. Any more then that, and you still beat it on "easy" mode.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#5 Posted: 03:24:28 28/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: AzarianGO
The Count Moneybones fight is just bs tbh. Nightmare in this game isn't any harder than SF. The big issue with vehicle sections is you don't get back armor any time you switch, and vehicles don't have am invulnerable period, so you usually get dropped soon after switching. I've beat TT Kaos with a single skylander, and the Counts fight still tossed me around like a garbage can. It's just a poorly put together fight, and those darn chompys he summons are rediculously hard to hit. It's one of the only skylanders battles where I was getting angry because I felt legitimatly cheated.

Ah good to hear the Moneybones fight is a low point on fairness, it was driving me kind of nuts! And yeah, it's tough when you lose the armor, feels more frustrating than 'fun in a challenging way' when you're running through skylanders like water once you've messed up. A few times on that fight I'd swap in a new one and literally within 1 second as I'm reorienting myself I'd be dead again.
#6 Posted: 03:31:03 28/09/2015
Quote: Earth-Dragon
The real challange is to beat it without using more then one character per element. Any more then that, and you still beat it on "easy" mode.

Lol, that's what nuzlocke's are for
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#7 Posted: 04:28:56 28/09/2015
I think the problem is that once your vehicles shield is gone... It's completely gone until you can get a potion. Skylanders don't last long in a vehicle without shields.

Remember to switch vehicles ( if you have a couple land ones ) if they haven't got a shield left , it'll stop ya skylanders from dieing quicker,
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#8 Posted: 04:51:14 28/09/2015
Quote: Zeke_D
I went through all my TT guys on nightmare mode against the darkness. I started on SF guys and finally beat it. But I think that's more because I suck at racing games...

Yeah, I upped the difficulty to nightmare for the final level just to see if the Xbox One achievement for beating it on nightmare would unlock ( it didn't, which I figured ) and OMFG the Darkness was one of the worst boss fights I've ever experienced. "Hey, let's make players try to drive through rings while avoiding a bunch of annoying crap that make it way harder to even SEE! Gamers love ring races, right?" Yeah, eff you too VV....Giants, SF & TT were frustrating on nightmare, but at least they weren't THAT bad smilie

- - -
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:09:17 28/09/2015 by Matteomax
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#9 Posted: 05:14:00 28/09/2015
I actually didn't have a problem with nightmare mode up until
the demolition derby
and that's when I realized these nightmare vehicle segments were probably made for people who have gotten all gold on Mario Kart 200cc mode. Even with my Eon's Elite Spyro the game felt like the family-friendly equivalent of Dark Souls. I'm pretty sure that nightmare mode is made only for the sole purpose of wanting kids to by every Skylander they see, but this is ridiculous even by their standards (I was literally screaming by the end of SF). The problem here is even if you were to buy more land vehicles, there really isn't many to choose from.
#10 Posted: 05:16:10 28/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Uhoh, now I'm scared of the final boss and this
demo derby
you guys mention…
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#11 Posted: 08:10:59 28/09/2015
i just started my nightmare path, havent done any major boss fights yet but so far its easy, i guess ill see once i get to moneybones.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#12 Posted: 08:28:21 28/09/2015
Quote: pyro16
Just got done with the Moneybones boss fight and he forced me to run through a couple dozen Skylanders!

It's not the main action game parts that's difficult at all, but once I get into a vehicle fight I'm just dying left and right and it feels kind of not very well balanced. Am I just bad at driving/flying/diving or are those controls really loose and the fighting really hard??

yeah i dont go down easily without a fight. smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#13 Posted: 08:54:24 28/09/2015
I loved fighting the darkness. Much more entertaining then the usual final battle that takes like 40 minutes.

Using all my traps as ammo was the best method I think. They do a lot more damage then the usual attack.
---
#14 Posted: 09:16:15 28/09/2015
Quote: B-BOB358
I loved fighting the darkness. Much more entertaining then the usual final battle that takes like 40 minutes.

Using all my traps as ammo was the best method I think. They do a lot more damage then the usual attack.

TT Kaos only took me 15 lol
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#15 Posted: 20:30:19 28/09/2015
TT Kaos took me over 50. So yeah... Nightmare on TT was difficult. A lot of things changed like in the Telescope Towers the tiles fell faster
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#16 Posted: 05:18:45 29/09/2015
ok i just beat moneybones and did ridepocolipse on nightmare. hardest part of the game so far ( i got 5 levels left to do including the final boss). i never accept a defeated skylander. if i die i restart at the last checkpoint and i dont like to swap them out mid fight ether, so im doing these fights with only 1 skylander. took 4 tries on moneybones,and 2 for the ride arena. deciding factor in both was supercharging my vehicle. dang chompies in moneybones was the real threat. moneybones himself was a push over, the extra damage from the supercharge helped me kill all the chompies before they can swarm you. in the ride arena boss 1 and 3 were easy but boss 2, that was the hard one. my tip on the 2nd boss, kill the turrets things fast and never stop moving. grab all the powerups you can and if your shield is low or busted just keep driving in large circles around the place. it took me some time but i was able to survive off the shield regen powerups. also the chompies never stop spawning so dont bother trying to clear them all out, as you kill 1 another will spawn.
Pokypro Blue Sparx Gems: 991
#17 Posted: 06:29:33 29/09/2015
The thing that annoys me about Nightmare mode is that instead of making the game more difficult and trickier, they juice up the enemies giving them crazy attack power! This IMO although technically makes the game harder, also makes dying a little unfair... Well this is what I felt anyways after playing through Nightmare on Superchargers anyways. smilie
---
Skylanders Youtuber (https://www.youtube.com/user/Pokypro)
Dre89 Red Sparx Gems: 92
#18 Posted: 11:04:13 29/09/2015
How often do you get food to heal on Nightmare? Do you get enough that you can often afford to get chunked out in fights, or is it the type of thing where if you take any real damage you're basically screwed for the night fight?
#19 Posted: 19:49:22 29/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Alphawolf
ok i just beat moneybones and did ridepocolipse on nightmare. hardest part of the game so far ( i got 5 levels left to do including the final boss). i never accept a defeated skylander. if i die i restart at the last checkpoint and i dont like to swap them out mid fight ether, so im doing these fights with only 1 skylander. took 4 tries on moneybones,and 2 for the ride arena. deciding factor in both was supercharging my vehicle. dang chompies in moneybones was the real threat. moneybones himself was a push over, the extra damage from the supercharge helped me kill all the chompies before they can swarm you. in the ride arena boss 1 and 3 were easy but boss 2, that was the hard one. my tip on the 2nd boss, kill the turrets things fast and never stop moving. grab all the powerups you can and if your shield is low or busted just keep driving in large circles around the place. it took me some time but i was able to survive off the shield regen powerups. also the chompies never stop spawning so dont bother trying to clear them all out, as you kill 1 another will spawn.

Wow, even though it took four attempts I am impressed you beat Moneybones fight on nightmare with 'one life'.
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#20 Posted: 19:59:19 29/09/2015
Get food normally just have to watch out for hits from enemies other than that nightmare mode isn't too bad
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#21 Posted: 20:41:15 29/09/2015
Do I need to change difficulty to nightmare and replay from chapter 1 to 51 or start a new file?
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#22 Posted: 20:47:30 29/09/2015
Nah just playing the final chapter of each level on nightmare counts. My problem is I've played 11/13 final levels on night mare. The last level with Kaos and the darkness I haven't yet ,but I can't remember which other level I've skipped and there's no way to tell which level you've done on the highest difficulty. SoDo them in order lol
---
#23 Posted: 22:43:04 29/09/2015
I'm now down to the pirate train, the ruins with the magnetic puzzles, the giant stage, the Ridepocalypse derby and Captain Cluck's ( sorry, I forgot the level names smilie ) for Nightmare and I am DONE...so far, though I do have trouble with certain enemies ( those guys that spin have always given me trouble ) the only parts that ticked me off with how frustrating they were have been vehicle sections ( Moneybone in particular )
#24 Posted: 03:26:32 30/09/2015
ok well i just beat the the game on nightmare. kaos was a joke. only hit me once and it was a lucky shot lol. but the darkness.... man. that was hard. what made it worse the 4 mins video before it you cant skip so you have to sit through it every time you reset. this was the first boss ever that i actually used 2 skylandes on (took me i think 4 or 5 tires as well). i died with 5% of his hp left and instead of going through that dang video and doing it all again i just swapped out and finished it.

i got some tips for the darkness fight too. its a 5 phases fight.

phase 1: basic, not much to it, avoid the stationary pillars and hit the portals, traps helped alot to kill him faster.

phase 2: the race track. this part can make or break you. but heres what i did. the enemies that have shield, kill 2 of the 3 and leave the last one alive, if you kill it 4 spawn and there not worth killing. once there is only 1 left alive just keep using hot streaks boost ability, as long as the enemy is not directly in front of you all of its attacks will miss. just dont run into stuff and your set.

phase 3: its phase 1 but pillars move.

phase 4 and 5: you got that laser thing to deal with(2 in phase 5) my tip, ignore it, pretend its not even there, the last thing you need to do is worry about more stuff to dodge. plus by just dodging the pillars and going for the portals you dodge the laser anyways so its just there to block your view. the pillars start moving fast too so you got to lead them a bit more.

hope this helps.
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#25 Posted: 03:48:41 30/09/2015
I think the problem is that once your vehicles shield is gone... It's completely gone until you can get a potion. Skylanders don't last long in a vehicle without shields.

Remember to switch vehicles ( if you have a couple land ones ) if they haven't got a shield left , it'll stop ya skylanders from dieing quicker,

Actually, I've found out that SuperCharging your vehicle restores part of its armor. I'm not sure if it only works once per chapter, but it probably does. I found this out when I was having trouble in a Sky zone, I was using Clown Cruiser and had no armor left, and when I switched to Bowser and SuperCharged it, I got some armor back.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
#26 Posted: 08:24:48 30/09/2015
Quote: Spellslamzer75

Actually, I've found out that SuperCharging your vehicle restores part of its armor. I'm not sure if it only works once per chapter, but it probably does. I found this out when I was having trouble in a Sky zone, I was using Clown Cruiser and had no armor left, and when I switched to Bowser and SuperCharged it, I got some armor back.

ive noticed some interesting things about the armor. supercharging should give you more armor, but i also put stealth elf into hot streak and that got me some armor back too, idk why. there is also a perk you can get when resummoning a damage vehicle it regains some armor, its about 50% of your armor. suppose to be only once per mission but maybe it happened twice for some reason.
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#27 Posted: 02:05:25 01/10/2015
I beat the kaos fight on nightmare only using Gnarly Barkley and i got through all the on foot sections without any trouble, but the vehicles fights made me use from 4 to 12 skylanders, except the Darkness who took 14 skylanders including 3 minis. The most irritating level for me was the Cluck level.
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:09:45 01/10/2015 by Kiroq
#28 Posted: 02:26:15 01/10/2015
Quote: Kiroq
I beat the kaos fight on nightmare only using Gnarly Barkley and i got through all the on foot sections without any trouble, but the vehicles fights made me use from 4 to 12 skylanders, except the Darkness who took 14 skylanders including 3 minis. The most irritating level for me was the Cluck level.

Really? I found Cluck easy....the demo derby, Moneybones and the final battle were infinitely more irritating & frustrating imo

I mentioned this in the bugs/glitches thread, but for some reason after beating every stage on nightmare the game still says 12/13 completed....WTF? Anybody on Xbox One, good at driving the vehicles and up for a co-op run? There's no way I'm going through all that bs again solo.....
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#29 Posted: 02:30:26 01/10/2015
Once i beat the game im gonna replay it on Nightmare.Guess im gonna need my whole collection to beat it.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#30 Posted: 03:45:09 01/10/2015
Quote: ChillStealthElf

Really? I found Cluck easy....the demo derby, Moneybones and the final battle were infinitely more irritating & frustrating imo

I mentioned this in the bugs/glitches thread, but for some reason after beating every stage on nightmare the game still says 12/13 completed....WTF? Anybody on Xbox One, good at driving the vehicles and up for a co-op run? There's no way I'm going through all that bs again solo.....

It wasn't hard but just really fiddly because of the bad controls, thats why i said it was irritating.
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
#31 Posted: 03:49:05 01/10/2015
Quote: ChillStealthElf

I've been trying to do that too , mine still says 12/13 , I thought I'd forgotten which levels I've redone. But maybe this is an actually error on Xbox , but it may jus be something small that requires you to re complete the whole level as apposed to just the last chapter as Ive just been completing the last chapter but maybe One of the levels requires the whole level to be redone .

Otherwise in a couple of months I'll just restart a game set to nightmare from the start I guess.
---
#32 Posted: 08:24:03 01/10/2015
im on ps4 i got 13/13 on nightmare mode. i didnt just play the last chapter i played each level from the start. so that might have something to do with it.
#33 Posted: 08:40:52 01/10/2015
Nah all good, just playing the last chapter of each level works, just had to restart my console to get it to reconfigure I guess.
---
bladewolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#34 Posted: 07:39:34 11/11/2015
Do you get any hat like you did in past Skylanders games when you beat Nightmare Mode or do you not even get a reward out of this one?
#35 Posted: 08:42:05 11/11/2015
Quote: bladewolf
Do you get any hat like you did in past Skylanders games when you beat Nightmare Mode or do you not even get a reward out of this one?

you get the completed emblem for beating the story levels, which in turn grants a bunch of stardust ( Portal Master XP ). No special hats or anything this time.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#36 Posted: 14:30:28 11/11/2015
The last chapter on Nightmare Mode is extremely hardcore. The Shadow Guardians almost always hit them with their homing attacks that almost instantly kill any Skylander with full health. Avoiding rotating dark blades is almost impossible as it can take out half of the Skylanders' full health. I wonder if Eon's Elites suffer the same fate as any other type of Skylanders do. For instance, I am playing as Elite Spyro while riding in the Dark Hot Streak, and I get hit by the Shadow Guardians' blasts or rotating dark blades twice or thrice. Therefore, Eon's Elite don't stand a chance against The Darkness.
#37 Posted: 23:13:40 11/11/2015
last chapter as in fighting the darkness? if so, yea its hard. but there is a trick to the enemies on the race track part of the fight. i gave some tips on the last fight up in this topic, that might help you if you havent cleared it yet.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me