darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Old heroic challenges still give a boost !
Page 1 of 1
Old heroic challenges still give a boost !
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#1 Posted: 00:18:01 26/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Just adding in my collection and compared my 2 camos .

The one with maxed out heroic challenges from SA and Giants has....

+3 speed
+5 armour
+3 crit
+6 elemental power

I believe this is the same increases SF had also. It's not much , but an extra 3 crit is always nice smilie

Hopefully they've fixed the issue where any new characters in Giants couldnt get this boost coz they couldn't complete 5 or the challenges that were exclusively in SA. I'll need to hero up one of the Giants to find out .

UPDATE

Heroics also transfer over for Giants characters ! You do not have to have all 50 heroics to get a stat boost .I was testing if tree Rex got the heroic boost too and it appears that for every 5 heroic challenges you get in a stat , An extra stat point goes up in superchargers.

I haven't complete all the challenges with him yet so I'm not sure if the full forty 45 add up to the same as the 50 that SA characters can get yet.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:01:07 28/09/2015 by B-BOB358
Pokypro Blue Sparx Gems: 991
#2 Posted: 09:12:24 26/09/2015
Wow that is awesome! I always thought they just lost the buff in Skylanders Giants onwards and it only applied in Spyro's Adventure.
---
Skylanders Youtuber (https://www.youtube.com/user/Pokypro)
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 09:29:56 26/09/2015
Quote: Pokypro
Wow that is awesome! I always thought they just lost the buff in Skylanders Giants onwards and it only applied in Spyro's Adventure.

They have a stats increase in all games from Heroics but in Trap Team where there is no increase.
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#4 Posted: 11:34:42 26/09/2015
So that's the reason why my Hex is so fast!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#5 Posted: 13:27:14 26/09/2015
Huh, I just thought Hex was buffed in general. Well,time to give some training to my Lightcore one, she has no challenges to her name and could use the boost.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#6 Posted: 17:52:52 26/09/2015
I wish they'd stop being so picky about what features to bring back, and what to drop. Heroics should always have an effect, even as minor as it is. Wish they'd bring back those mission medals from SF and SG, they don't really do anything, but they did give a feeling of accomplishment when you saw a skylander with them. I don't see why they drop features like this, the engine barely changes with every game, how hard and time consuming can porting them really be.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:54:51 26/09/2015 by AzarianGO
#7 Posted: 21:07:14 26/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Trap team really dropped the ball on all this stuff. But it's good to see VV actually listened to what fans wanted and made a game with great features that includes a bunch of little stuff like this. TT is really an oddball in the series now with its lack of features. if you play SA , Giants, SF and then Superchargers the games flow better story wise and content wise.
---
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#8 Posted: 08:12:26 27/09/2015
Quote: B-BOB358
Trap team really dropped the ball on all this stuff. But it's good to see VV actually listened to what fans wanted and made a game with great features that includes a bunch of little stuff like this. TT is really an oddball in the series now with its lack of features. if you play SA , Giants, SF and then Superchargers the games flow better story wise and content wise.

Lol, I know what you mean. The most fufiling thing I found to do in TT was to beat Kaos with a single skylander, other than that, there's nothing there worth mentioning
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
#9 Posted: 04:04:35 28/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Hey guys just an update.

You don't have to have all 50 heroic challenges to get a stat boost . I'm still testing stuff out but tree Rex also gets a stat boost of 1 point for every 5 or so heroic challenges you complete in that stat.

This is pretty great coz its one if the thing SF screwed up .

So if you wanna give your Giants and SA characters a little crit or speed increase its pretty easy coz you don't have to do all 50 challenges.
---
Quid Yellow Sparx Gems: 1577
#10 Posted: 05:22:05 28/09/2015
Quote: B-BOB358
Hey guys just an update.

You don't have to have all 50 heroic challenges to get a stat boost...

Yessss this is great! I've maxed speed on most of my SA favourites (except for the purple chompies one. Stuff purple chompies), and would love to get a boost for that as I really like speedy characters. I'm really glad that what I have done will be acknowledged without having to do the other 30+ challenges.
#11 Posted: 06:32:43 28/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah it's great. Especially for the Giants I think to get a little extra power.

Because the Giants characters can only get a max of 45 heroic challenges

Their stat increases are:

Speed +2
Armor +4
Crit +2
Elemental +6

If you do all the challenges.

Not as much as the SA characters but still good . smilie
---
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#12 Posted: 10:34:37 06/05/2016
old topic but thought i'd ask a question about the elites.
Elites automatically go to max level and such. But do they already have their heroic challenges in past Skylander games complete as well?
Darksteelforge Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#13 Posted: 16:46:07 06/05/2016
This is really great news. I thought I was finishing the last heroic challenges just for the fun of it and no future bonus for the games after trap team. This motivates me to use the old characters also in the new games.

You can do all the heroic challenges in the old games with the elites, but you have to do it yourself.
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
#14 Posted: 22:00:56 12/05/2016
Heroic Challenges being relevant vs. irrelevant is something i'm very much at war within myself.
I don't want all those skylanders I too the time to beat the heroic challenges with to be for nothing.
Yet if it's relevant I still want to go back and get 1 OF each of the skylanders from SSA and Giants to 100% But playing them over and over is incredibly boring and annoying!
When Trap Team took them away I stopped trying to complete them all thinking that support for the heroic challenge was long and gone. Now i'm back trying to complete them all again but I'm just so bored with them now!

I'm typically against cheating but if I could just hack my skylanders into having all heroic challenges complete I would really like to do that.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#15 Posted: 01:42:55 13/05/2016
A tip for heroic challenges: complete them before upgrading your character. A lot of upgrades that pierce or cause projectiles to explode make it nearly impossible to complete some challenges that subtract time for breaking vases or like the purple chompies one ends when you kill just two of them.

Another tip for boosting stats: check which stat the challenge boosts. The same challenge in Giants may not boost the same stat that it did in SA. I like a speedy character, so I did only the challenges that boost speed in each game before completing any of the others. You actually boost that stat more than if you just do them all in one game. It makes mine soooooo fast! I know you can do that for more critical hit, not sure about armor our elemental power.
---
Any last wishes?
#16 Posted: 02:53:55 13/05/2016
I think the only three you must do before upgrading are "Save the Purple Chompies", "You Break it, you buy it" and "Break The Cats".
Everything else it's probably best and faster to be upgraded.

None of the Heroic challenges are are challenge to me or take me that long to complete, they are just super boring now and very tedious.
I want the stat boost for my characters but I'm just tired of "needing" to do them.
Shin Majin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#17 Posted: 12:07:35 13/05/2016
A couple 'landers, in my experience, though, actually NEED to be upgraded BEFORE doing YBYB, such as Zook (for his cactus barrier) and Pop Fizz (for the green puddle potion.) Their starting moves just won't cut it.
---
Team quadruped.
Joseph > Jotaro
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#18 Posted: 12:34:43 13/05/2016
And on these notes, Anvil Rain was always EXTREMELY useful for You Break it, You Buy it.
#19 Posted: 22:56:51 13/05/2016
I think pretty much all HC's got easier in Giants however "You Break it, you buy it" was the exception and is a lot easier to play in SSA.
I don't think I've found the skylander who's made YBYB a challenge in SSA including Zook however I couldn't beat it with him non-upgraded in Giants.
Really the only skylander that gives me a true problem with the HC is Pop Fizz and it's probably the reason he's bar none my most hated Skylander.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me