Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Doctor Who
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#1 Posted: 20:08:55 19/09/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

- - -
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 00:27:00 22/02/2018 by TTD
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#2 Posted: 00:59:38 29/09/2015
Oh Boy! Just watched The Witch's Familiar! Gotta say, I'm really like the new season so far.

TMA:
I LOVED what the did with Missy in this episode. I'd really love to know what was on that confession dial though. Not really too much to say about it though.

TWF:
Ooooh! Gotta say I actually thought that Davros might die.... Missy's part of the ending was kind B.A although I'm still wondering it would be like if he'd done it, then found out what he did. Now, even more than that though, I'd love to know what he'd have done if the daleks had killed Missy and Clara, and if the "Head of Security" Hadn't been there.
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
#3 Posted: 21:53:55 03/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Yes, season 9 has done nothing but impress me so far. I just watched Under the lake and that episode was so creepy and extremely well written. I look forward to next week's episode.
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6460
#4 Posted: 14:40:13 07/10/2015
It's been great so far! I loved seeing
Davros
back. The eye thing was a little weird though...

Have you heard about the War Doctor audio story that is upcoming? It is going to tell the story of the Time War!

http://doctorwhowatch.com/2015...-finish-series/

[User Posted Image]
#5 Posted: 21:08:13 24/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Episode 6 spoilers
Okay, this has given me hope that Ashildr will be the next companion. [User Posted Image]
#6 Posted: 06:53:13 25/10/2015
She won't be a companion, or at least I really really doubt it. Since the show came back we've had a modern time companion and I don't see them changing, though I'd like that...
#7 Posted: 19:21:16 26/10/2015
Double posting but who cares. Donna and the Tenth Doctor are getting audio stories!

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/...ctor-adventures
#8 Posted: 19:28:30 26/10/2015 | Topic Creator
I've never listened to an audio drama but I'll give this one a go, I need something new to listen to.
#9 Posted: 16:13:29 18/11/2015
Preview of the new 10th Doctor story.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news...n-to-doctor-who
#10 Posted: 22:24:12 28/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Epsidoe 11 spoilers
Gallifrey is baaaaaaack!!!
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#11 Posted: 05:53:52 01/12/2015
holy **** ep 11 was dark as ****.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#12 Posted: 02:08:31 04/12/2015
It was pretty awesome. I'm so excited for the finale.

And looks like Rassilon is back too, it seems. He's always a pretty big deal. I mean it could just be another Gallifrey president but probably Rasillon.

Also do you think the Doctor meant the hybrid was him, or do you think he meant Ashildr, who goes by the name "Me?"
#13 Posted: 10:32:52 05/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Rendar

And looks like Rassilon is back too, it seems. He's always a pretty big deal. I mean it could just be another Gallifrey president but probably Rasillon.

Also do you think the Doctor meant the hybrid was him, or do you think he meant Ashildr, who goes by the name "Me?"

I think so, the hybrid is supposed to be a creature crossed between two warrior races. Ashildr is crossed between two warrior races - Viking and Mire.

Edit:
Just watched the episode and the hybrid was...
The Doctor AND Missy.

Fantastic episode, the fan service was through the roof.

Here's the trailer for the Christmas special (which contains no spoilers from hell bent)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:50:22 06/12/2015 by TTD
#14 Posted: 06:07:48 06/12/2015
Quote: TTD

I think so, the hybrid is supposed to be a creature crossed between two warrior races. Ashildr is crossed between two warrior races - Viking and Mire.

Edit:
Just watched the episode and the hybrid was...
The Doctor AND Missy.

Fantastic episode, the fan service was through the roof.

Here's the trailer for the Christmas special (which contains no spoilers from hell bent)

I thought the hybrid was
The Doctor and Clara as a team? That they were so similar that it wasn't good for them to be together.

Also check out my Lego TARDIS!!!!
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:50:57 06/12/2015 by Rendar
#15 Posted: 08:14:35 06/12/2015 | Topic Creator
I assumed that it was
The Doctor and Clara then I watched a video where they claimed that it was Missy and The Doctor.

I really want that lego set! I'm going to get Lego Dimensions next week purely for Doctor Who. I've wanted a good Doctor who game for a while, and it seems that Lego Dimensions is just that.
#16 Posted: 16:09:21 06/12/2015
I assumed that it was
The Doctor and Clara then I watched a video where they claimed that it was Missy and The Doctor.

I really want that lego set! I'm going to get Lego Dimensions next week purely for Doctor Who. I've wanted a good Doctor who game for a while, and it seems that Lego Dimensions is just that.

I don't understand why it would be the two of them because Missy didn't stand with the Doctor in the ruins of Gallifrey. And anyway the time lords were so scared and it turns out the ruins were at the literal end of the universe, the hybrid didn't cause the destruction Gallifrey at all anyway.

I bought the lego dimensions pack the day it came out and I can't even afford the game right now. I just wanted the Lego Doctor and K-9. I really really hope they release more Doctor Who sets too. They could do practically anything, if the BBC lets them anyway...
#17 Posted: 00:41:20 07/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Well in a way the master stood in the ruins of Gallifrey after being transported back into the time war in the end of time and so did the Doctor in the time war but from what I gather, Clara and the Doctor are the hybrid. I assume that the video that I watched just made a mistake.

I'm loving the look of the new sonic screwdriver.
#18 Posted: 04:35:42 07/12/2015
I like it too. I still feel like I'm the only one who loved the sonic sunglasses though... I thought they were funny and fit his new rocker dad style persona.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#19 Posted: 19:12:09 07/12/2015
The new Sonic made me tingly in all places

Glad Clara is out tho, I was fine with her death but I guess that was a cool ending. Was really afraid they were gonna pull a Donna and have Clara forget, I was pleasantly surprised
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#20 Posted: 19:53:52 07/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah, it was definitely an interesting spin on the Doctor Donna.

I love the new screwdriver! It is probably my favourite. Ashildr definitely redeemed herself in episode 12 so there's still hope that she'll be the next companion.
#21 Posted: 20:17:40 07/12/2015

I love the new screwdriver! It is probably my favourite. Ashildr definitely redeemed herself in episode 12 so there's still hope that she'll be the next companion.

I don't think they'd do that, think about it, Ashildr never gave that extra chip thing, the immortality thing to anyone, and she doesn't have to now because she has Clara, she's finally content, I feel that Ashildr and Clara are together now and that we're in for someone new~
---
#22 Posted: 02:53:41 08/12/2015
Quote: Lunarz

I don't think they'd do that, think about it, Ashildr never gave that extra chip thing, the immortality thing to anyone, and she doesn't have to now because she has Clara, she's finally content, I feel that Ashildr and Clara are together now and that we're in for someone new~

She gave it to Sam Swift the Quick remember?
#23 Posted: 05:16:02 08/12/2015
Quote: Lunarz

She gave it to Sam Swift the Quick remember?

huh...I have to rewatch that episode
---
Knight Wolf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4336
#24 Posted: 11:54:38 11/12/2015
Damn. I haven't heard or seen anyone talk about Doctor Who on DS in a long time. I'm only recently getting back into Doctor Who and my time is generally limited, so i ask as a long fan of the show, is season 9 worth my time?
---
Your messing with my Zen thing people. @Hawksider
#25 Posted: 13:36:56 11/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Knight Wolf
Damn. I haven't heard or seen anyone talk about Doctor Who on DS in a long time. I'm only recently getting back into Doctor Who and my time is generally limited, so i ask as a long fan of the show, is season 9 worth my time?

Yes, it is my favourite season in a very long time. My two favourite seasons are season 4 and season 9. It's far better than season 8, near enough every episode in season 9 are two parters and that seems to work really well for this doctor, it allows the writers to spread their wings a little instead of rushing the ending which I feel was a bit of a problem in recent seasons. Peter Capaldi is now my favourite doctor alongside David Tennant and that really is saying something, he's certainly darker in this season but by no means is that a bad thing, it gives us a better glimpse into the Doctor's world and mind. Also the finale is amazing, easily one of the best Doctor Who episodes ever. If you haven't watched season 8, this is a good video to catch up (spoiler warning, obviously):
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#26 Posted: 17:21:45 11/12/2015
OKAY BUT ARE WE NOT HYPED ABOUT PETER JACKSON DIRECTING AN EPISODE
#27 Posted: 17:32:19 11/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: StriderSwag
OKAY BUT ARE WE NOT HYPED ABOUT PETER JACKSON DIRECTING AN EPISODE

I KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!
The script better be good!!!
Anyway, the tease was amazing!
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12119
#28 Posted: 15:45:56 12/12/2015
i've caught up with series 9 yesterday except the last two episodes

it's pretty good — a tad overhyped though

RIP clara
#29 Posted: 19:26:49 12/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Carmelita Fox

RIP clara

You'll love the last two episodes, easily the best two in the season. Heaven sent is such a clever and unique episode.
#30 Posted: 21:13:55 12/12/2015
Quote: Carmelita Fox

RIP clara

You'll love the last two episodes, easily the best two in the season. Heaven sent is such a clever and unique episode.

Heaven sent is one of my new favorite episodes of new who.
#31 Posted: 15:04:30 14/12/2015
The first 3 of the War Doctor stories are out!

https://www.bigfinish.com/rele...-1380?range=113
#32 Posted: 03:22:41 15/12/2015
Double post, but I uploaded the new War Doctor theme for all of you to hear!

#33 Posted: 04:38:26 15/12/2015
Double post, but I uploaded the new War Doctor theme for all of you to hear!

Nice! I really like it, considering it has a sort of "Big Battle" feeling to it, as the War Doctor's stories should.
#34 Posted: 18:19:43 01/01/2016 | Topic Creator
The Christmas special was so much better than I originally anticipated. I absolutely love what they did with River and how they linked it all the back back to silence in the library and forest of the dead.
#35 Posted: 04:24:14 02/01/2016
The Christmas special was so much better than I originally anticipated. I absolutely love what they did with River and how they linked it all the back back to silence in the library and forest of the dead.

Yeah it was great. I'm ready for series 10 but we aren't getting it for a long time...
#36 Posted: 09:17:37 02/01/2016 | Topic Creator

Yeah it was great. I'm ready for series 10 but we aren't getting it for a long time...

Me too, unfortunately according to an educated rumour Doctor who will recieve budget cuts next year. However, that could mean more earth based stories as they're typically cheaper to make. I'm not complaining though as I typically enjoy earth based stories more.
#37 Posted: 16:44:41 02/01/2016

Me too, unfortunately according to an educated rumour Doctor who will recieve budget cuts next year. However, that could mean more earth based stories as they're typically cheaper to make. I'm not complaining though as I typically enjoy earth based stories more.

Here. Be aware that the rumor of series 10 not being full length is a rumor but it's probably that they will split it like they did a few years ago, instead.

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/featu...ws-summary-2016
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#38 Posted: 16:51:55 02/01/2016
Can't wait for part 2 on DVD!
#39 Posted: 22:53:04 22/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Major stuff:
  • Steven Moffat is leaving
  • His successor will be Chris Chibnall (famous for Broadchurch, Law and Order UK and Life on Mars)
  • No new Doctor Who episodes this year apart from the christmas special
  • Series 10 will air in Spring 2017

• http://www.radiotimes.com/news...-chris-chibnall
    #40 Posted: 03:14:20 23/01/2016
    MY DREAM HAS COME TRUE
    I CAN LIKE DOCTOR WHO AGAIN
    mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
    #41 Posted: 03:30:52 23/01/2016
    NO NEW DOCTOR WHO FOR A YEAR????? THATS IT, I'M DEAD.
    ---
    Dead
    #42 Posted: 06:32:17 23/01/2016
    Quote: mega spyro
    NO NEW DOCTOR WHO FOR A YEAR????? THATS IT, I'M DEAD.

BUT WE MUST REJOICE
    MOFFAT HAS JUMPED SHIP
    #43 Posted: 23:52:49 23/01/2016
    We still have one more season with Moffat though and won't get the new guy until 2018...
    #44 Posted: 23:58:25 23/01/2016 | Topic Creator
    We still have one more season with Moffat though and won't get the new guy until 2018...

I'm actually quite looking forward to Moffat's final season, I feel that he's probably gonna go all out on it and the finale will most definitely be one to remember. He isn't gonna let his 'legacy season' be a lackluster one. I just hope that Capaldi sticks around.
    #45 Posted: 02:38:22 24/01/2016

I'm actually quite looking forward to Moffat's final season, I feel that he's probably gonna go all out on it and the finale will most definitely be one to remember. He isn't gonna let his 'legacy season' be a lackluster one. I just hope that Capaldi sticks around.

I do too. From what I've seen, Capaldi is a GREAT Doctor, he just wasn't written well imo.
    #46 Posted: 03:08:21 24/01/2016
    I don't want Capaldi to leave at all. I hope he stays on but I have a feeling he won't...
    #47 Posted: 03:10:09 24/01/2016
    I don't want Capaldi to leave at all. I hope he stays on but I have a feeling he won't...

Is he specifically tied to Moffat? If not, I don't see why he would, unless they're best friends or something.
    #48 Posted: 03:12:21 24/01/2016
    I just think he will because it's so long between then and now. Capaldi said in an interview his time may be drawing closer to a close anyway. I REALLY don't want him to go but it seems like the Doctors go when the showrunner leaves. Not with Classic Who I guess... I kind of wish they would let Capaldi work on an episode too actually. He's such a huge fan of the classic show that I'd love to see him come up with some stuff for it. (I also want them to bring back stuff like the Zarbi or maybe classic Cybermen from the Tenth Planet.)
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:18:09 24/01/2016 by Rendar
    #49 Posted: 03:15:21 24/01/2016
    I just think he will because it's so long between then and now. Capaldi said in an interview his time may be drawing closer to a close anyway. I REALLY don't want him to go but it seems like the Doctors go when the showrunner leaves. Not with Classic Who I guess... I kind of wish they would let Capaldi work on an episode too actually. He's such a huge fan of the classic show that I'd love to see him come up with some stuff for it.

Yeah, that makes sense. I hope he doesn't leave until after Moffat's been gone for a while, I'd love to watch him under a different writer..

On the topic of the 2017 season, isn't Peter Jackson supposed to direct one then?
    #50 Posted: 03:18:48 24/01/2016
    Quote: StriderSwag
    I just think he will because it's so long between then and now. Capaldi said in an interview his time may be drawing closer to a close anyway. I REALLY don't want him to go but it seems like the Doctors go when the showrunner leaves. Not with Classic Who I guess... I kind of wish they would let Capaldi work on an episode too actually. He's such a huge fan of the classic show that I'd love to see him come up with some stuff for it.

Yeah, that makes sense. I hope he doesn't leave until after Moffat's been gone for a while, I'd love to watch him under a different writer..

On the topic of the 2017 season, isn't Peter Jackson supposed to direct one then?

He might. They did that joke video with Capaldi showing up at Peter Jackson's house and stuff but I don't know if he will do it for the next season or not. That'd be pretty awesome though...
    Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
    1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me