Page 1 of 1
Bought Trap Team
Biodude Blue Sparx Gems: 667
#1 Posted: 17:38:09 06/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Now I suppose I need some more Traps and Trap Masters.

Was hoping there would be some kind of sale this week.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#2 Posted: 21:51:53 06/09/2015
Not really . You can play with your older toys and use what you got in the starter unless you are dead set on 100 % the game .

I love the traps and minis but I dont care too much for Trap Masters .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:54:08 06/09/2015 by Dark fhoenix
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#3 Posted: 23:33:30 06/09/2015
Good buying choice. I would' re recommended getting it on iOS though.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#4 Posted: 00:42:27 07/09/2015 | Topic Creator
I like that there are female Trap Masters. My daughter was upset that all the Swappers were boys.
#5 Posted: 01:06:50 07/09/2015
Well a girl swopper changing her lower half with a boy swopper .........
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#6 Posted: 01:16:12 07/09/2015
Technically not as big of an issue as a mammal swapper trading bottom halves with a repitle or even robot swapper, you're missing some bones and nerves. People would get offended,yes, but magic is an excuse for one already.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:16:29 07/09/2015 by Bifrost
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#7 Posted: 01:20:15 07/09/2015
I though they balanced out the male swappers with more female cores? Or not?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#8 Posted: 01:25:57 07/09/2015
Just Rollerbrawl,Punk Shock and Smolderdash aren't what I'd call balancing.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#9 Posted: 01:41:27 07/09/2015
The whole gender thing in toys is bizarre to me, whatevs. I don't try to assign gender to my other toys. I know a lot of languages assigns gender to nouns, meh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:41:40 07/09/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#10 Posted: 01:46:49 07/09/2015
Yup,there is no it or they in portuguese,it's either gender plural or singular; but as compensation the words themselves have "genders" depending on their pronounciation. I'm probably angering someone using those terms,sorry in advance.
But the characters can be male or female,their actual bottom is still theirs, they're just swapping with someone. Not sure what's the impossible to explain part about it, again, magic. Heck, Shift is a bunch of smoke - pretty sure the swap force are used to suddenly start floating above the ground.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:47:35 07/09/2015 by Bifrost
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#11 Posted: 02:57:20 07/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost

And Scratch and Star Strike. So there was Five Females against the Sixteen Sausage Fest. At least one's quadruped. I often consider the fact that Spy Rise and Magna Charge are both robots...but they're still classified as male. Eh. As Lemons said, whatevs. A topic about gender balancing can be created later, I suppose. Not that many in Superchargers either, but I don't want to get off-topic. Just wanted to point out that there is indeed five females...over the whole majority of Skylanders in SF. Big difference, no?
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
#12 Posted: 09:45:04 07/09/2015
Well technically this franchise is aimed at boys and society likes to enforce gender roles . Sad truth is that if there was an equal amount of girl and boy landers , it would be seen as too effeminate .

This is a below the belt subject . Adults would view a male and female swop combo as gender bending . Even if little Dicky does not understand about the birds and bees , Mommy and Daddy will notice .

Mum and Dad have the gold so they have the last say on what toy lil Dicky gets to take home . Your average parental figures have no intention of lil Dicky having funny idea,s about Gays or Transgenders and possibly wanting to sign up.

They would prefer to mess lil Dicky up in other ways like dragging him off to church so he can consume the flesh and blood of his savior .
---
#13 Posted: 14:13:47 07/09/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Well technically this franchise is aimed at boys and society likes to enforce gender roles . Sad truth is that if there was an equal amount of girl and boy landers , it would be seen as too effeminate .

This is a below the belt subject . Adults would view a male and female swop combo as gender bending . Even if little Dicky does not understand about the birds and bees , Mommy and Daddy will notice .

Mum and Dad have the gold so they have the last say on what toy lil Dicky gets to take home . Your average parental figures have no intention of lil Dicky having funny idea,s about Gays or Transgenders and possibly wanting to sign up.

They would prefer to mess lil Dicky up in other ways like dragging him off to church so he can consume the flesh and blood of his savior .

I consider it a game...not a game built for "boys" or "girls". The game is built so all humanoids of all ages can enjoy it. The fact that any skylander can ultimately save the day makes it such. If girls just don't like fighting doesn't make it a boy's game. Not to dereail the subject, as we've had lots of laborious conversations about this ridiculous topic in the past.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:14:56 07/09/2015 by TakeYourLemons
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#14 Posted: 15:49:47 07/09/2015

]They would prefer to mess lil Dicky up in other ways like dragging him off to church so he can consume the flesh and blood of his savior.

A tad religous aren't we?
---
Hahahahaha
#15 Posted: 16:36:55 07/09/2015
Quote: GaiaMemories

]They would prefer to mess lil Dicky up in other ways like dragging him off to church so he can consume the flesh and blood of his savior.

A tad religous aren't we?

That's not a problem I hope.
#16 Posted: 20:33:21 07/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Sorry to start that slight derailing.

Anyways, I probably won't be able to 100% the game, seeing as how the Light & Dark Expansions and Traps are pretty scarce now. But it would be nice to see as much of the game as possible, which means I could try and get some other elements.

Any recommendations on Trap Masters? Or just go with the ones that look fun?
#17 Posted: 20:45:17 07/09/2015
The Elemental Gates are so small this time you'd probably have more fun on villain quests. I say go with who you like, and it's a plus if it's an element whose gates have more puzzles(like Life since the gate in Chapter 2 is a nice callback)
---
#18 Posted: 18:17:49 08/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Cool, picked up Tuff Luck and Gearshift. Will probably pick up Short Cut and Head Rush at some point. And it looks like Amazon still has the 3-packs of traps, so 2 of those and one single pack should be able to get me the first 8 elements + Kaos.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#19 Posted: 18:27:20 08/09/2015
Quote: BlueFox
Quote: Bifrost

And Scratch and Star Strike. So there was Five Females against the Sixteen Sausage Fest. At least one's quadruped. I often consider the fact that Spy Rise and Magna Charge are both robots...but they're still classified as male. Eh. As Lemons said, whatevs. A topic about gender balancing can be created later, I suppose. Not that many in Superchargers either, but I don't want to get off-topic. Just wanted to point out that there is indeed five females...over the whole majority of Skylanders in SF. Big difference, no?

Spy Rise isn't a robot...
---
Dead
#20 Posted: 18:54:09 08/09/2015
Skylanders Universe: The Complete Collection, page 147, according to the wiki. Spy Rise is a robot.
---
#21 Posted: 21:59:44 08/09/2015
I thought Spy Rise was a cyborg .
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me