Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
What of duplicate topics? [CLOSED]
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#1 Posted: 04:02:52 24/12/2008 | Topic Creator
What should we do if there are several topics that follow the same legacy? You know, the 'To -username' topics were one example. Do we report them? If so, under what? Spam?

Yes, I was aware it's in a Spam board, but it's not good in a way. It just gets annoying, like those RP topics.
bmah Platinum Sparx Gems: 5561
#2 Posted: 04:37:07 24/12/2008
In a normal board, there are forum moderators who would lock the said similar threads and group them into one thread. However, there are no moderators here other than the admin.

You make a good point in stating that a Spam forum has its limits. dark52 specifically stated that the Spam forum was created to put whatever garbage or gibberish there is without much care. However, I really think this forum deserves more moderation than a "backwaters" or "dead" forum. It appears that a large amount of activity goes into that forum, and a good amount of it is more than just retardedness (but the other half of it is).

dark52 partially addressed the problem specifically to rp threads, but it appears that real moderation is needed to handle multiple similar threads that actually makes the spam forum trashier than it really needs.

edit: as of now, the "to..." topics have been addressed. Best thing to do is to PM dark about it, and he'll take care of it I presume
---
I now have a deviantART account! Check me out at http://bmah.deviantart.com/
Post a comment if you can. Thanks everyone!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:49:49 24/12/2008 by bmah
alexis1213 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1595
#3 Posted: 00:58:56 29/12/2008
Hmm sounds like a good idea. But we need some mods for that to work well because Dark52 can't delete or close duplacites topics all the time.
---
Waka Tao master! Okami FAQ
Aywas
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#4 Posted: 01:10:47 29/12/2008 | Topic Creator
I'm mostly online. But, eh, let d52 decide.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me