darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 6 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 60 61 62
General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
ShulkSmash Blue Sparx Gems: 808
#251 Posted: 15:56:25 04/09/2015
Quote: Luminous35
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

This video, We should expect information over this coming week. So excited.

Man were getting info like almost every day now! Getting excited! Hopefully they explain some things on

The Darkness. On the other video they explained a lot but I want to know more! This new boss sounds sooo cool!

And now that i watched it, I know more! The Darkness is a puppet master of Kaos. Apparently he has a really awesome voice actor too! Man this will be sick

Is gameplay of the Supercharged Splatter Splasher shown in that video as it is shown in the thumbnail? If it is then what time does it appear?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#252 Posted: 16:06:04 04/09/2015
Not sure if it ever does, but there's some gameplay of it in the b-roll videos.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#253 Posted: 16:31:03 04/09/2015
Tablet edition looks pretty good for being on a tablet. And pretty fun also.
---
Spread those positive vibes
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#254 Posted: 16:42:12 04/09/2015
Not to be mean to anyone who likes the Tablet version, but I chuckle that the Tablet version is like the consoles and not like the 3DS or Wii versions. You'd think that the Tablet would be a racing game too due to how limited the Tablet is especially since the Trap Team version was very mixed with players.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Camo Lover Yellow Sparx Gems: 1109
#255 Posted: 17:13:43 04/09/2015
This is where I almost avoid the forum don't wanna spoil the game! When all the play videos go up I'm gone till I have finished
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#256 Posted: 17:17:02 04/09/2015
I'll be leaving the forums for a bit as soon as the game comes out, but I'm going to be spoiling myself anyway since I'll be getting the guide before the actual game.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#257 Posted: 17:18:28 04/09/2015
Quote: Camo Lover
This is where I almost avoid the forum don't wanna spoil the game! When all the play videos go up I'm gone till I have finished

A good point is the week before, since some press loses all respect and starts throwing spoilery thumbnails and posts. But as long as people follow the tagging rule, this place should be mostly safe.
---
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#258 Posted: 17:25:14 04/09/2015
B-bbb bone chompies are back. Wonderful. Gosh those things creep me out.
---
Hahahahaha
#259 Posted: 17:29:25 04/09/2015
Quote: GaiaMemories
B-bbb bone chompies are back. Wonderful. Gosh those things creep me out.

You can say that again. Regular ones used to just gnaw on you in SSA but when I ran facefirst into a group in SG and discovered they work like leeches(which they still do in TT) I could just stop and stare at the swollen ones rolling away.
---
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7379
#260 Posted: 18:02:25 04/09/2015
Where can I get the Rift Into Overdrive comic as a digital version? I don't mind paying for it.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#261 Posted: 18:04:38 04/09/2015
The digital version of the comic isn't out yet.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7379
#262 Posted: 18:49:35 04/09/2015
Quote: Aura24
The digital version of the comic isn't out yet.

Ok, thanks.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#263 Posted: 20:19:17 04/09/2015
In the latest Splat video posted, her Splatter Splasher has a bubble around the driver's cockpit so they can breathe while underwater.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#264 Posted: 20:24:28 04/09/2015
I have a feeling that the
Cap'n Cluck song
will start getting very annoying after an hour of playing the level.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#265 Posted: 22:16:55 04/09/2015
I'm out for a while, what did I missed?
---
Bruh
ShadowStorm Yellow Sparx Gems: 1461
#266 Posted: 22:18:08 04/09/2015
Quote: Crash10

Like... A LOT smilie
---
Discord: ShaOriDow#6720
#267 Posted: 22:23:44 04/09/2015
Quote: ShadowStorm
Quote: Crash10

Like... A LOT smilie

You can give me a little list of the news we had?
---
Bruh
#268 Posted: 22:29:20 04/09/2015
Splat and Splatter Splasher gameplay on a KFC themed level, Pop Fizz and Soda Skimmer gameplay on a bigger look on Cloudbreather's Crag,the interviews are brimming with spoilers so you might want to avoid those but they say VV is promising big time for the story.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:30:36 04/09/2015 by Bifrost
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#269 Posted: 22:31:23 04/09/2015
I finally made my opinion regarding Skymiibos - I disapprove, for all intents and purposes, they are full Skylanders, not amiibo whatsoever. As much as I love the characters, they ruined them.
#270 Posted: 22:41:12 04/09/2015
...They're not full Skylanders. You can switch them into Amiibo mode and go on like they were never playable. On concept,yes,you can disagree, but you're mistaken on that one point.
---
#271 Posted: 22:58:44 04/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Splat and Splatter Splasher gameplay on a KFC themed level, Pop Fizz and Soda Skimmer gameplay on a bigger look on Cloudbreather's Crag,the interviews are brimming with spoilers so you might want to avoid those but they say VV is promising big time for the story.

Ok, thanks. Curious about the KFC level.
---
Bruh
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#272 Posted: 23:01:25 04/09/2015
...They're not full Skylanders. You can switch them into Amiibo mode and go on like they were never playable. On concept,yes,you can disagree, but you're mistaken on that one point.

I know you can switch them.

I was saying that I disagree that they are amiibos. They are not the character they are meant as. They have some definite features of those characters, but they are not.

At first, I loved the idea of having the characters, but between Bowser's new armor and DK's shirt (the weapons are fine) I changed my mind.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:58:56 04/09/2015 by weebbby
#273 Posted: 00:19:00 05/09/2015
DK having a shirt(actually a full suit) and Bowser having armor ruin the characters for you?... You know what I'll stop at that, had enough of that with Spyro for a year in the board.

The wiki summaries add some more stuff about RiO, now that Aura had time to write more.

So Kaos didn't put the Darkness in there, the skylanders just decided to bottle up the only remaining piece of it in Skylands and put it somewhere villains walk around, magical protections or not,instead of someplace far away and uninteresting. Smaaart.
Also Eon was kidnapped, dunno how you kidnap a hologram but I think this information was hinted at so much we were all expecting already.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:19:17 05/09/2015 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#274 Posted: 00:19:23 05/09/2015
Ok.
Wait a second.

I understand they actually have rather different powers from the versions you usually see but outside of that, under the shiny armor and the fancy suit they are exactly the same Bowser and Donkey Kong you can play as in Super Smash Bros, for example.

They aren't Skylanders under many point of view and that's why they are called "guest-stars".

You can't call a character '"completely new" just because he's dressed differently and uses original weapons.
It's like saying a person changes when he wears different clothes and uses unusual items.

That's kinda one of my major gripes with this game but whatever, If I don't see them they don't exist. smilie

Anyway I loved to see/not see all of the new videos.
Can't wait to try out this game!

The hype is real, this time. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:20:41 05/09/2015 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#275 Posted: 00:21:56 05/09/2015
Quote: Drek95
Ok.
Wait a second.

I understand they actually have rather different powers from the versions you usually see but outside of that, under the shiny armor and the fancy suit they are exactly the same Bowser and Donkey Kong you can play as in Super Smash Bros, for example.

They aren't Skylanders under many point of view and that's why they are called "guest-stars".

You can't call a character '"completely new" just because he's dressed differently and uses original weapons.
It's like saying a person changes when he wears different clothes and handles unusual items.

That's kinda one of my major gripes with this game but whatever, If I don't see them they don't exist. smilie

So by that logic, Greninja isn't a new character in Smash Bros 4? He doesn't wear any clothes or and new weapons, his move set it taken directly from the Pokemon games.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#276 Posted: 00:27:50 05/09/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Ok.
Wait a second.

It's like saying a person changes when he wears different clothes and handles unusual items.

So by that logic, Greninja isn't a new character in Smash Bros 4? He doesn't wear any clothes or and new weapons, his move set it taken directly from the Pokemon games.

Greninja is Greninja and no one say he isn't.
There is no one trying to convince you the Greninja you play as in Smash isn't the same one you can find and train in a Pokémon game.
Might have misunderstood what I was trying to say.

The fact is Donkey Kong and Bowser aren't new characters just like certain other Skylanders are simply revamped versions of their classic selves.
It's cool, it's fine but don't call them "new characters" because that's not what they are.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:31:47 05/09/2015 by Drek95
#277 Posted: 00:35:07 05/09/2015
Ok.
Wait a second.

Greninja is Greninja and no one say he isn't.
There is no one trying to convince you the Greninja you play as in Smash isn't the same one you can find and train in a Pokémon game.
Might have misunderstood what I was trying to say.

The fact is Donkey Kong and Bowser aren't new characters just like certain other Skylanders are simply revamped versions of their classic selves.
It's cool, it's fine but don't call them "new characters" because that's not what they are.

They're new characters to the series but not new identities, basically?

I can understand that.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#278 Posted: 00:37:20 05/09/2015
Breaking into the Amiibo discussion for a bit, Aura got a response from that Malefor QA with David A. Rodriguez.

http://skylanders-malefor.devi...plete-558279217

Quite the useful info there,David answered everyone! Miiiiight not add much to SC in general but you never know. At least he confirms that no, LOS Malefor is not Skylanders Malefor - the guy we have now is a huge selfish jerk and doesn't really care about a prophecy; he just wants to be the villainous person of the very best, the one that ever was.

And with that mention of possible issues with Moneybone and that he might show up earlier than we think makes me think that's a yes.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:40:14 05/09/2015 by Bifrost
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#279 Posted: 00:38:48 05/09/2015
Wow! They were actually going to make Malefor the villain! CMON! WE WERE CLOSE!!!

oh nevermind
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:39:20 05/09/2015 by Luminous35
#280 Posted: 00:39:09 05/09/2015
Yes, they are new... Mmmmh... Playable figures, which offer a new playstyle.
But not new characters.

Terrafin, Stealth Elf, Trigger Happy and the other revamped SuperChargers stopped being new characters in they very same game they came out.

Skymiibos are new characters for the series but they aren't original characters.
And unlike Spyro and Cynder they aren't even fully fledged Skylanders.
They are guest-stars.

Nothing bad really.
Let's just call things with their names. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#281 Posted: 00:40:00 05/09/2015
So ased on some new videos Irate Gamer thinks each challenge is a track
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#282 Posted: 00:44:46 05/09/2015
Breaking into the Amiibo discussion for a bit, Aura got a response from that Malefor QA with David A. Rodriguez.

http://skylanders-malefor.devi...plete-558279217

Quite the useful info there,David answered everyone! Miiiiight not add much to SC in general but you never know. At least he confirms that no, LOS Malefor is not Skylanders Malefor - the guy we have now is a huge selfish jerk and doesn't really care about a prophecy; he just wants to be the villainous person of the very best, the one that ever was.

And with that mention of possible issues with Moneybone and that he might show up earlier than we think makes me think that's a yes.

Pretty interesting how he answered or more or less avoided my question.
---
#283 Posted: 00:46:38 05/09/2015
It ties into the one about Spyro's memories,he can't answer that. But better that than '... Did you know there's online racing now?'
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:46:56 05/09/2015 by Bifrost
#284 Posted: 00:49:20 05/09/2015
It ties into the one about Spyro's memories,he can't answer that. But better that than '... Did you know there's online racing now?'

I'm pretty satisfied with it, probably one of the best answers!
---
#285 Posted: 00:58:43 05/09/2015
I absolutely love how he actually answered my only question which might have been the most spoilerific of the three. smilie

But yes, honestly I wouldn't absolutely be surprised if Malefor somehow showed up in SuperChargers one way or another, at this point.
Not holding my hopes either but... Fingers crossed!

He actually gave away a lot of hints...
Good Eon, SuperChargers' story must be AWESOME.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:00:18 05/09/2015 by Drek95
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#286 Posted: 01:12:02 05/09/2015
A possibility of Malefor appearing in Superchargers? Heck, I have my Hex prepared!
#287 Posted: 01:14:38 05/09/2015
And I make that triple! *tries to hold Hecate,Artemis and Selene in the same hand,ends dropping them all in the desk* Ok maybe one at a time. Don't grab onto that possibility too much,he might mean that he'll become a recurring villain in the books or comics like the Doom Raiders or Kaos used to be still, soon can mean quite a lot of time.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#288 Posted: 01:20:06 05/09/2015
If he is in the game.That would be a epic boss battle.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#289 Posted: 01:21:52 05/09/2015
And I make that triple! *tries to hold Hecate,Artemis and Selene in the same hand,ends dropping them all in the desk* Ok maybe one at a time. Don't grab onto that possibility too much,he might mean that he'll become a recurring villain in the books or comics like the Doom Raiders or Kaos used to be still, soon can mean quite a lot of time.

I'm thinking he'll have a few more comic appearances, then possibly be the main villain of Sky 6 or 7.

I kinda think 7 is more likely unless TfB hires David to write Sky 6 (Which they should)
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#290 Posted: 01:52:54 05/09/2015

I'm thinking he'll have a few more comic appearances, then possibly be the main villain of Sky 6 or 7.

I kinda think 7 is more likely unless TfB hires David to write Sky 6 (Which they should)

I would love to see how Kaos reacts to Malefor as the main villain in a Skylanders game,
Skylands-Malefor always reminded me of Scar from The Lion King
#291 Posted: 03:45:19 05/09/2015
The Malefor arc was probably made well after Superchargers was put into development. He is far more likely to appear in Sky6 or 7.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#292 Posted: 04:11:12 05/09/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
A possibility of Malefor appearing in Superchargers? Heck, I have my Hex prepared!

Pfft! Casual! I'm prepping my S2 Spyro and S2 Cynder for WAR! (Me and my bro will Tag Team him to submission!)

And they're flying in on the Legendary Sun Runner, "Daybringer" (probably)
Assuming it's in this game, It's gotta be either an aerial dogfight or a direct, on-foot, boss fight (hope it's the latter, but)...
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#293 Posted: 04:14:14 05/09/2015
If Malefor is actually in the game, it'll probably be an optional sky section. Basically, Malefor will be on the same level as a giant chicken.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#294 Posted: 09:30:07 05/09/2015
What if Malefor is the darkness? (i dunno, he is allready undead)
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#295 Posted: 10:27:26 05/09/2015
The fact is... It's funny how they talk about creativity and then show a revamp.
It's simply, funny that's all.

Just because their not NEW NEW characters, doesn't mean they're not creative, Drek. Their gameplay counts as well.

I didn't say revamps weren't creative.
But they are not as creative as brand new Skylanders for the simple, small, insignificant fact they aren't new characters at all.

The counter argument to this is that:
New skylanders are not as creative as revamps for the simple, small, insignificant fact that they are not a new concept at all.

They've done brand-new characters since day 1... Slapping new movesets on old characters hasn't been done before, and as a result, took out of the box thinking to make, and therefore, a better example of ingenuity.
They aren't new characters. But they ARE a new idea. That alone makes them a far more bold and ingenious idea. The fact that it created controversy between fans like you and me is proof enough of the fact that it was a bold, controversial, left-field idea!

On another, more lighthearted note... I'm going to paraphrase Team Four Star!
"And So Kaos was captured and brainwashed to do good, ending his reign of terror forever... Or so you would think, if you didn't know anything about MERCHANDIZING!"
Seriously, Vicarious Visions ought to know better than anyone that a Skylanders game doesn't NEED to involve Kaos... They don't need to make a BS half-baked side story to explain why he's alive and kickin' I mean, he isn't even the MAIN VILLAIN! Someone ELSE is pulling the strings, and this time, said new villain is REALLY the one doing the manipulating! Surely there are OTHER villains for
the Darkness
to manipulate?
I can name 5... And 2 of which could EASILY return (Frightbeard and Hektore), and one of which WILL return in SKY5 (
Moneybone
) the 4th is confirmed to EVENTUALLY return to the series (
Malefor
), and "sooner than we expect"... And I kinda find it difficult to believe that Kaos is a bigger threat than at least TWO of those... ("Skylanders: Return of the Revenge of
the Dragon King Malefor
Strikes back with a vengeance!" For Sky8's name Anyone? Sky 7 would be called Return of the Revenge of
the Dragon King Malefor
strikes back! and Sky6 would simply be Return of the Revenge of
the Dragon King Malefor
we'll call it the
the Dragon King Malefor
Arc, and the series up until now the Kaos Arc!)

Umm, what's this about holding the Greek Goddesses of Magic, the Hunt, and the Moon in your hand?
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:31:52 05/09/2015 by juarmo
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#296 Posted: 10:33:00 05/09/2015
Do we have Astroblast's backstory yet?
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Banditguy Green Sparx Gems: 224
#297 Posted: 11:01:58 05/09/2015
So this is the farm level they where talking about?
Kinda expected more but hey looks like a fun level to play on regardless.
---
Mario kart 8: destroyer of friendships
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#298 Posted: 11:14:03 05/09/2015
Who's Malefor? I keep seeing his name but I have no clue who is or how he all the sudden showed up in the forums????
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#299 Posted: 11:33:38 05/09/2015
Quote: SilverWolf2308
Who's Malefor? I keep seeing his name but I have no clue who is or how he all the sudden showed up in the forums????

Here you go this explains it
http://spyro.wikia.com/wiki/Ma...egend_of_Spyro)
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#300 Posted: 11:39:18 05/09/2015
Listen, some revamps might actually turn out to be better characters than the brand new characters themselves but that's not the point.
The point is everyone (starting from the developers) should stop saying they are brand new original characters because they are not.

And that's not a bad thing or make them less cool and creative.
In my eyes, though, they will never, never be something more compared to never seen before Skylanders.
You are right they are new ideas, then why don't stick those new ideas on new guys too...?

I get the fact new characters aren't a new thing at all but as crazy as it might sound (almost like a paradox) a newer idea isn't newer at all in this case.

I've said it other times and I'll say it again: I don't like revamps and won't buy them because I don't intend to support an idea which might lead to lazy re-uses of old characters instead of actually expanding the roster by coming up with creative and original new individuals.
That's all.

Anyway, Malefor as a character comes from the Legend of Spyro series.
He was a purple dragon of legend just like Spyro himself and as such he could control all the different Elements.
But the more he grew in power the more his desire of evil and destruction grew as well.
So he eventually became the main villain of the series, got banished in another dimension and ordered to destroy all the dragon eggs (except Cynder's which was stolen to make the dragoness her evil slave) but Spyro's managed to be saved.
So Spyro began his adventure, freeing Cynder, defeating the King of the Apes and ultimately confronting Malefor himself in the future (since he got trapped inside a crystal at the end of the second game).
He and Cynder were able to defeat the evil dragon and the world was saved.

Now as for Skyland's Malefor...
He was the self proclaimed Undead Dragon King which ruled the Underworld with the help of her slave Cynder.
But even in this incarnation he was tricked by Spyro which managed to free Cynder and escape the wrath of the purple dragon.
Later on he faced Hex who able to inficlt him serious damages almost destroying him.
Left as a shadow of his old self he begun to seek revenge and was eventually able to Achievements it by stealing Spyro, Cynder and Hex's powers thanks to the help of a sprite, Calliope.
So he came back to life (or non-life) equipped with a new armor which acted both as a protection and a substain for his wounded body.
He attacked the Academy but was ultimately defeated when his tail was chained to the Dread-Yacht which was pushed into Skyland's endless abyss.

EDIT: I guess the Wiki link was a better idea. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:43:30 05/09/2015 by Drek95
First | Previous | Page 6 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 60 61 62

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me