darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 56 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2751 Posted: 20:34:49 18/02/2016
I thought that since they were limited to the objective so not exactly exploitable,you'd be able to at least catch a glimpse,but that'd be asking too much.
It's not even a good paywall. Vehicle and Skylander are obvious for a quest,you kinda need them to begin with. But a racing pack for a 3 minute challenge that you'll probably never do again because it's easier to farm from Elemental Zones? Come on,that's just stupid, and kind of discouraging for Power Blues(even more,on top of the whole Autism Speaks issue).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:35:31 18/02/2016 by Bifrost
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2752 Posted: 22:30:14 18/02/2016
Astroblast and Sun Runner development -

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2753 Posted: 22:33:46 18/02/2016
Quote: Aura24
Astroblast and Sun Runner development -

Mah boi <3
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2754 Posted: 22:42:34 18/02/2016
Guha Bala, you REALLY like breaking the canon for no good reason than 'lol cool'. SKYLANDS DOESN'T HAVE AN END. Stormblade's backstory is all about that for Eon's sake! Yeah,when you leave you do reach outer space,but that's because of the portal network throwing you out and not actually leaving the dimension like it's a country.
Also lemme break out the truth that your games aren't the only ones around. Three words from TFB about the first outer space level, smart guy: Future. Of. Skylands. This is as bad as Nomura saying Lightning was the first female FF protagonist, god, it hasn't been even two years!

You really see this is their first character going into this. It's all of SF's design faults into one guy until they broke into real variety. Really,bias shouldn't direct a design, no wonder it's wildly different between figure,model and artwork; you'll be too excited to see maybe he needs tweaking.

Also is it me or these videos are getting smaller and smaller?
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 22:46:27 18/02/2016 by Bifrost
#2755 Posted: 22:49:28 18/02/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Guha Bala, you REALLY like breaking the canon for no good reason than 'lol cool'. SKYLANDS DOESN'T HAVE AN END. Stormblade's backstory is all about that for Eon's sake! Yeah,when you leave you do reach outer space,but that's because of the portal network throwing you out and not actually leaving the dimension like it's a country.
Also lemme break out the truth that your games aren't the only ones around. Three words from TFB about the first outer space level, smart guy: Future. Of. Skylands. This is as bad as Nomura saying Lightning was the first female FF protagonist, god, it hasn't been even two years!

You really see this is their first character going into this. It's all of SF's design faults into one guy until they broke into real variety. Really,bias shouldn't direct a design, no wonder it's wildly different between figure,model and artwork; you'll be too excited to see maybe he needs tweaking.

Also is it me or these videos are getting smaller and smaller?

Honestly, I always picture Skylands having space and to get into Skylands Space, you can only go up, while any other direction leads to more Skylands.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2756 Posted: 22:51:46 18/02/2016
I'm ok with Astroblast final look (even if he's probably the most Swapper-esque SuperCharger) but I absolutely want to see those three concepts explored in future games.
Seriously, they still have potential to be brand new Light Skylanders on their own, I would be really happy to see what they could do.

It's funny how they mention the cool light that shines through Sun Runner's crystals effect... After making them opaque in-game. smilie

Anyway, nice character, fantastic vehicle.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#2757 Posted: 22:52:04 18/02/2016
Stormblade would've suffocated at some point then since her vehicle doesn't have any protection against lack of oxygen. Sure she went down, but by his guy's logic outer reaches mean both sides.

But nothing really excuses have the game's producer getting facts wrong every other video; especially from the directly previous game. I know you should attribute ignorance over malice,but this is just unprofessional.
---
#2758 Posted: 22:56:33 18/02/2016
Stormblade would've suffocated at some point then since her vehicle doesn't have any protection against lack of oxygen. Sure she went down, but by his guy's logic outer reaches mean both sides.

But nothing really excuses have the game's producer getting facts wrong every other video; especially from the directly previous game. I know you should attribute ignorance over malice,but this is just unprofessional.

And I'd also add "especially when you create a track based exactly on that level".

According to Guha Bala V.V. are always the first ones to come up with a lot of things.
I do remember him saying that they always try to push their limits when it comes to character design and yet they have still not created a Tech Skylander which isn't a robot.

As I already said, gotta love Guha. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:59:16 18/02/2016 by Drek95
#2759 Posted: 22:59:19 18/02/2016
Big shame too since the guy on a suit(I can only stare at his nice suit I miss his name every time) seems to be so excited to explain the gameplay and the many strategies that go into it but he never gets more than 20 seconds. It also seems like the videos getting shorter also means less development drawings which... C'mon, they saw how popular the Bowser and DK concept art got when it was released.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:59:59 18/02/2016 by Bifrost
#2760 Posted: 23:02:26 18/02/2016
Big shame too since the guy on a suit(I can only stare at his nice suit I miss his name every time) seems to be so excited to explain the gameplay and the many strategies that go into it but he never gets more than 20 seconds. It also seems like the videos getting shorter also means less development drawings which... C'mon, they saw how popular the Bowser and DK concept art got when it was released.

They should make another strata. I love mine.

In fact, make an the Art of Skylands book with prototype designs for ALL characters (Skylander and NPC), levels and hubs. I'd buy it instantly. How bout a forward by Flynn too?
---
#2761 Posted: 23:03:24 18/02/2016
Yeah, I love listening to him (can't remember his name as well smilie ).
He really show his passion and dedication and truly makes me understand how much effort they put in each character to make them all as unique as possible gameplay-wise.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (mostly a matter of opinions) but they always try their best.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#2762 Posted: 23:33:24 18/02/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

They should make another strata. I love mine.

In fact, make an the Art of Skylands book with prototype designs for ALL characters (Skylander and NPC), levels and hubs. I'd buy it instantly. How bout a forward by Flynn too?

I would buy it too, that would be awesome.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#2763 Posted: 23:40:19 18/02/2016
They could also bring back Artwork Gallery from AHT all the way to LOS, maybe a new type of collectible that you can then see in a gallery not unlike the Hat Gallery in the 3DS versions. If there's anything from those games I don't regret going after,it's those,even DOTD's. Good or bad seeing characters and worlds develop by sketches fascinates me... Well, I wouldn't be a concept artist if it didn't.

Just saw some footage of the Land Racing pack. The After Party is just a thrill ride from start to end because it just bombards you with visuals and the violin - would love to see more of that renovated Party Town in future games ;w; Temple of Arkus is Rampant Ruins assets with nothing new, not even the actual temple. Both have no track changes, not even that many hazards to begin with, so still super meh by Mario Kart/Sonic All-Stars standards. Guess it's not worth enough spending with the loose trophy yet,but if you have Racing, don't even hesitate because it adds to 6 and not just 4 that you'll probably not roll often.

But wow that violin. Please put Party Town back in the console games soon.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:04:07 19/02/2016 by Bifrost
#2764 Posted: 13:37:55 19/02/2016
They could also bring back Artwork Gallery from AHT all the way to LOS, maybe a new type of collectible that you can then see in a gallery not unlike the Hat Gallery in the 3DS versions. If there's anything from those games I don't regret going after,it's those,even DOTD's. Good or bad seeing characters and worlds develop by sketches fascinates me... Well, I wouldn't be a concept artist if it didn't.

Just saw some footage of the Land Racing pack. The After Party is just a thrill ride from start to end because it just bombards you with visuals and the violin - would love to see more of that renovated Party Town in future games ;w; Temple of Arkus is Rampant Ruins assets with nothing new, not even the actual temple. Both have no track changes, not even that many hazards to begin with, so still super meh by Mario Kart/Sonic All-Stars standards. Guess it's not worth enough spending with the loose trophy yet,but if you have Racing, don't even hesitate because it adds to 6 and not just 4 that you'll probably not roll often.

But wow that violin. Please put Party Town back in the console games soon.

Temple of Arkus is still cool IMHO.

Party Town though, is spectacular. So much going on and so much energy to this track visually. It gorgeous to look at too one of the best in the series. I hope to god its an level one day. It needs to be.
---
#2765 Posted: 15:04:22 19/02/2016
Well,technically it is a level because it's Party Town from SF3DS,but that place was pretty much abandoned in the game; considering the theme of throwing a party in the Skylanders' honor, it's because they renovated it now that Moneybone isn't on charge,and it's quiite the facelift.

Temple of Arkus is cool but doesn't do anything different unlike the other returning level tracks. Was expecting it to be going inside the temple and having some machinery hazards but the undead Arkeyans just kinda stare at you.
---
#2766 Posted: 18:31:20 19/02/2016
[User Posted Image]

I can't even participate on this because the deadline is today and you need a twitter and live on the UK.

Remember when I asked for relevant contests?
[User Posted Image]

(I actually have submittable designs too,that's the worst part, can't even give them to someone or I'll get them disqualified
100% RIPerino Sub Scribe and Black Light)

*deep sigh* Just tell me someone with a good design entered and will actually be considered. Either way, 22nd will be the reveal,so we might be closer to 6 than we thought?
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:51:51 19/02/2016 by Bifrost
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#2767 Posted: 19:13:11 19/02/2016
[User Posted Image]

I can't even participate on this because the deadline is today and you need a twitter and live on the UK.

Remember when I asked for relevant contests?
[User Posted Image]

(I actually have submittable designs too,that's the worst part, can't even give them to someone or I'll get them disqualified
100% RIPerino Sub Scribe and Black Light)

*deep sigh* Just tell me someone with a good design entered and will actually be considered. Either way, 22nd will be the reveal,so we might be closer to 6 than we thought?

Wait so... 2 questions 1. Does the winner get in the game and 2. Is that picture an actual skylander from sky6?
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#2768 Posted: 19:17:39 19/02/2016
No, just an example. However, it's an official contest according to the terms of use, ANY element as well,meaning they can take the Dark and Light spots.

However,some relief is that they only imply a possibility of the character being in the new game - only guarantee is the prizes, so Acti can turn them down. So this might actually be pointless and 22nd isn't going to give us anything new unless you participated.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:20:54 19/02/2016 by Bifrost
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#2769 Posted: 19:42:13 19/02/2016
If it's a new character, I just know they're gonna choose some 5 year old's scribble over an actually well-drawn and developed character, just like last time.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2770 Posted: 20:20:24 19/02/2016
OH COME ON I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THAT!
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#2771 Posted: 20:29:28 19/02/2016
Holy s#it thats awesome. ONLY IF I COULD DRAW STILL!

I have so many ideas (Many of which are in my fan Skylanders game idea)

BUT MY FAVORITE OF MINE IS SANDMAN.

(if anyone is curious about my fan Sky idea, pm me)
---
#2772 Posted: 21:06:10 19/02/2016
I have ideas(Sub Scribe is pretty much the one I'm most proud of),but alas, never living in the right country for this. Which is why I'm double mad at this; I was thinking of doing some tutorials for character design in here one day and had a big hunch it'd be needed because the fandom has a history on not having very focused amateur artists. I pushed it off every time and now it's too late if it actually happens,even without an age limit e_e
---
#2773 Posted: 21:24:04 19/02/2016
Okay, but seriously though, I wish I would've known about that sooner. I mean, it ends today? And I got quite a few ideas I'd love to see be real Skylanders... smilie
---
Check this out! Please?
#2774 Posted: 21:25:47 19/02/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Okay, but seriously though, I wish I would've known about that sooner. I mean, it ends today? And I got quite a few ideas I'd love to see be real Skylanders... smilie

I do too.

Wanna share a few of our ideas?

I'm curious about yours, actually.
---
#2775 Posted: 21:52:41 19/02/2016

I do too.

Wanna share a few of our ideas?

I'm curious about yours, actually.

I guess I can PM you later if ya want.
---
Check this out! Please?
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2776 Posted: 22:06:59 19/02/2016
Holy s#it thats awesome. ONLY IF I COULD DRAW STILL!

I have so many ideas (Many of which are in my fan Skylanders game idea)

BUT MY FAVORITE OF MINE IS SANDMAN.

(if anyone is curious about my fan Sky idea, pm me)

I'm like you guys. I had so many good ones, too! Pandojo, N. Chain, Crowbar...

If you want to know more, please PM me.

Dang. If only I had known sooner...
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#2777 Posted: 22:14:26 19/02/2016
If I had known sooner I'd have helped you guys in the UK out; I don't even care about the prizes, just the satisfaction of seeing good designs be recognized.

Hopefully this got enough traction as is for Acti to think of this as good contest ideas for the future. This and the fanart corner that I think Boomcast had would help a lot with fan interactions if talking to us is that hard.
---
#2778 Posted: 00:22:44 20/02/2016
DD Gill Grunt's development -

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#2779 Posted: 00:25:15 20/02/2016
20 seconds smaller, now! Next we'll have that 30-40 second intro and less than a minute for everything else, what can you even do with that?

Oh look,Gills at one point almost looked like the Volcanic Vault gillmen and they probably didn't even take that into account.

Christ gameplay guy has an even better suit it's like he's doing it on purpose

Gills... Like a ton of people didn't want him back to begin with,but except for the stupid mask his remake actually is pretty nifty. Gameplay changes also actually make him feel different and not just reskins. Just wish that was on someone else that actually needed them, Zap would fit like a glove :I
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 00:29:18 20/02/2016 by Bifrost
#2780 Posted: 00:42:33 20/02/2016
Gills... Like a ton of people didn't want him back to begin with,but except for the stupid mask his remake actually is pretty nifty. Gameplay changes also actually make him feel different and not just reskins. Just wish that was on someone else that actually needed them, Zap would fit like a glove :I

Yeah, honestly I'd be fine with another Gill Grunt repose next game if they reimagined him again...
But NO, I do NOT want that to happen and think they should bring back Chill or Wham-Shell First.
You hear that, Toys for Bob? smilie
---
Check this out! Please?
#2781 Posted: 00:45:22 20/02/2016
I'm pretty sure gameplay guy is gay. He looks it too much and his sense of fashion just screams it.

Anyway, I love DDGG. GG is probably my 2nd/3rd favorite Skylander, so I'm always glad to see him back, BUT I think this should be his last repose for a while. Say GG gets a repose in the next game, will it be his OG or DD version?
---
#2782 Posted: 12:09:45 20/02/2016
I'm pretty sure gameplay guy is gay. He looks it too much and his sense of fashion just screams it.

Anyway, I love DDGG. GG is probably my 2nd/3rd favorite Skylander, so I'm always glad to see him back, BUT I think this should be his last repose for a while. Say GG gets a repose in the next game, will it be his OG or DD version?

If they do revamp him again (and for the love of the Elementals, Eon and the great forces who control the Skylands I hope NO) it would be yet something new.
So it doesn't matter from which version of him they will start with, it will still be something new.

But if they simply create another repose, with WOW POW and path switching then I'm expecting them to repose his original version.
Don't even want to think about the possibility of revamp's reposes...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2783 Posted: 13:32:48 20/02/2016
Quote: Drek95

If they do revamp him again (and for the love of the Elementals, Eon and the great forces who control the Skylands I hope NO) it would be yet something new.
So it doesn't matter from which version of him they will start with, it will still be something new.

But if they simply create another repose, with WOW POW and path switching then I'm expecting them to repose his original version.

Series 2 Super Swimmer Deep Dive Gill Grunt.
The scary thing is it actually could happen.
---
Check this out! Please?
#2784 Posted: 13:34:45 20/02/2016
Quote: Drek95

Series 2 Super Swimmer Deep Dive Gill Grunt.
The scary thing is it actually could happen.

I'd buy it no doubt.
---
#2785 Posted: 13:57:08 20/02/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
If it's a new character, I just know they're gonna choose some 5 year old's scribble over an actually well-drawn and developed character, just like last time.

I entirely agree. That is totally what would happen, no that I think about it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:57:43 20/02/2016 by Chompy-King257
#2786 Posted: 14:07:20 20/02/2016
The contest judges aren't TFB, just 'an independent person', so it's probably going to happen like that or they'll choose the first that looks remotely decent and forget anything else that might be better(hopefully that'll be a High Five of nothing-special-but-good-enough and not a Flip Wreck case).

But again, before the rumor spreads that these are guaranteed to show up eventually; they're not, the contest just guarantees the starter pack and randomly chosen supercharger. Because of the partnership with Acti, they COULD try this to generate hype,but it's up to them in the end.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:08:32 20/02/2016 by Bifrost
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#2787 Posted: 16:12:47 20/02/2016
I'm curious. Since I bought SSC on Day 1, I never realized until now that there are updates with cool stuff to enhance the game. I was wondering how you update the game itself to get the BOOM 5000, the cabinet and the various elemental gates throughout the game.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:23:09 20/02/2016 by Insane01
#2788 Posted: 18:55:35 20/02/2016
You update it the same way as any other game in your console. They'll just show up like they've always been there the next time you load Superchargers.

Also,wow, let's have VV to have Glumshanks as the best written character in both their games then utterly butcher it on the boss pursuit. The one I know would probably apologize immediately after the taunts or just mumble the insults to himself, not act mean, that's every *other* villain.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:06:19 20/02/2016 by Bifrost
#2789 Posted: 23:36:24 20/02/2016
I got BB Roller Brawl and Tomb Buggy today, and also PBDD Trigs and Gold Rusher because I decided I don't really care about the land trophy anymore. I barely do any racing in the game anyway.
---
Check this out! Please?
#2790 Posted: 00:29:05 21/02/2016
I didn't expect Dragon Hunter's vehicle to be...

sentient.
---
#2791 Posted: 00:32:26 21/02/2016
Eh,but literally the entire gimmick. Dragon Hunter pretty much has less personality than the nameless Rush Crusher in Cloudbreather's Crag only shouting random angry taunts; maybe it's for the best he's racing only.
---
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#2792 Posted: 13:24:27 21/02/2016
Eh,but literally the entire gimmick. Dragon Hunter pretty much has less personality than the nameless Rush Crusher in Cloudbreather's Crag only shouting random angry taunts; maybe it's for the best he's racing only.

I don't think he was in the game.
#2793 Posted: 13:53:07 21/02/2016
I meant racing mode, not Racing :U And it's weird, Dragon Hunter is a Rush Crusher's model with fancy armor, David said he was never planned to be in story mode but this is a huge coincidence.
---
#2794 Posted: 14:11:24 21/02/2016
Wait, so is Dragon Hunter just that Rush Crusher with fancy armor?
---
#2795 Posted: 15:47:21 21/02/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
Wait, so is Dragon Hunter just that Rush Crusher with fancy armor?

Not the same, a Rush Crusher. It's hard to notice on the vehicle but on his intro you can see him from the sides and back and it's really that model - same stocky legs, irrealistically short arms and no neck.

Well, today'd when GAME should announce the Drawlanders winners; didn't find anything out but if you guys find any events don't forget to post.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:15:13 22/02/2016 by Bifrost
#2796 Posted: 12:58:28 22/02/2016
Well, we have our winner!

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/w...5&storeId=10151

Definitely not seeing him becoming an actual Skylander (not to mention his name is Chopper's catchphrase) but he is rather nice considering the age of his creator.
Some of the other entries had a bit more potential in my opinion though.

No news on the game, unfortunately.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:01:06 22/02/2016 by Drek95
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#2797 Posted: 13:16:27 22/02/2016
Does anyone remember when Spitfire's prototype was leaked last year? Maybe we'll a similar clue this time around.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#2798 Posted: 14:21:42 22/02/2016
Eh, honestly I could see him working as a Skylander. But the only problem I think would really be, would he just be a Boomer clone?
---
Check this out! Please?
#2799 Posted: 15:03:12 22/02/2016
Definately better than everything that showed up on twitter,though I'm more partial to mr. Jazz Hands Series 2 High Five there. Ok, no, it's the owl, I'm sure it is for most people too.

But it pretty much confirms they won't be using those; he's either a Boomer clone or a dinosaur on a mech which is then a Jawbreaker clone because of the shape, even if they got him a new name and whatnot like it was done with the backstories on the Frito Lay contest. The owl or Spring Bomb(who holy crap is 2spooky5me) could work but not being winners might've been discarded by now.

Well, this confirms that for now we're not getting our Sky 6 hint; I can go buy Bat Spin with less incoming regret :U
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2800 Posted: 15:28:36 22/02/2016
Stinger was pretty cool.
First | Previous | Page 56 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me