Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Misleadingly Wild Conclusion Jumping Towards New Spyro Game
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Misleadingly Wild Conclusion Jumping Towards New Spyro Game [CLOSED]
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#1 Posted: 22:30:48 27/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm just gonna post this reddit thread here.

It contains an interview with Jared Pullen, where he says a few things that the OP believes hints towards a new game.

What do you guys think?
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:20:02 30/08/2015 by dark52
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 22:50:43 27/08/2015
Seriously. Who even wrote those questions, anyway, everything sounds like he's talking about a fanfic.

Also Jared really has no say on anything about a new game. He could've been concept artist for the game and I love his work but he's far from any position of authority in a game dev team that Acti would like to give a Spyro game to.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:55:25 27/08/2015 by Bifrost
WFLD Emerald Sparx Gems: 3600
#3 Posted: 22:52:08 27/08/2015
Well, I would say this doesn't point towards a new game, but it fills in a lot of interesting lore that was missing smilie
#4 Posted: 22:55:23 27/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Also Jared really has no say on anything. He could've been concept artist for the game and I love his work but he's far from any position of authority in a game dev team that Acti would like to give a Spyro game to.

I don't know who Jared Pullen is, I just copied the name down.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:20:38 27/08/2015 by spyrolvr96
#5 Posted: 22:56:47 27/08/2015
He was the concept artist at Krome,did the concept art and possibly lore behind ANB and TEN. He made a few other blog posts about things he had to cut from the game(here's the first one) and in general implies that Acti probably pulled the rug from under him when they gave the game to another team because of how much never went anywhere.

And even if there was a new game in the works and he was called back,he'd be buried in NDAs until the announcement window. Even the Helios Interactive alpha about the MMO sequel took years to surface even if it probably was made around 2009.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:02:49 27/08/2015 by Bifrost
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#6 Posted: 23:37:05 27/08/2015
Yeah, Pullen is just a concept artist, which is a position that has no authority in terms of a franchise. Even the lore he contributed to was a team effort that everyone at Krome built using the script and design documents given to them by people higher up on the ladder (Mike Graham and Chris Wilson). Concept artists go through many different companies and positions in their careers; his blog makes it clear that he hasn't worked on anything Spyro related since before Krome was shut down in 2010.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#7 Posted: 00:06:00 28/08/2015
Krome Studios is still active actually. Some of the fan questions and responses are cringey, to be honest. Ugh.

I found the source on who is asking Jared these questions, a major LoS fan. He intends to ask more - http://dragonoficeandfire.devi...-TLoS-556546930

And fans are starting to think a new game is "being made" because of the Q&A. Wow.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:26:50 28/08/2015 by Aura24
#8 Posted: 00:30:21 28/08/2015
Well, the Q&A with Rodriguez will only fall on confirmation bias(even if there are disclaimers or something) if it ever reaches these guys since it's also Malefor themed and everyone will think there's a connection. Whoo boy.
But yeah,the stuff with Pyra(though the name is silly) would've actually made for a nice side-story in the series. Maybe like an unlockable mode just like Dark Mode in TEN, but you'd play as her or something not unlike the Ember/Flame eggs in AHT.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:30:58 28/08/2015 by Bifrost
#9 Posted: 00:42:19 28/08/2015
Hope DragonofFire won't wear out poor Jared with more and more fan questions after a set is answered.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#10 Posted: 01:23:08 28/08/2015
When did Krome come back, Aura? I thought they declared bankruptcy and dissolved completely after Blade Kitten failed.

Jared's answers seem pretty legit, but I'm kind of glad some of that stuff didn't get into the games. They were sausage fests enough without even more male dragons added in. XD At least we basically have it confirmed that Ignitus is Spyro's father (I wonder if an old friend will see that? He'd be pretty happy :) ). It's nice to have the confirmation of general female dragon stereotypes and that Cynder's adult form isn't really standard.

It's always interesting to see the extra life team members will add to a project when given a chance; there was going to be another Atlawa named Lug, too, but his arc got cut from ANB and Jared never said much about him (but his finished character art is in the strategy guide).
#11 Posted: 01:37:33 28/08/2015
Krome had published another Ty the Tasmanian Tiger game back in 2013, they let off a lot of staff back in 2010, but they never closed down, just on hiatus.
---
#12 Posted: 02:12:40 28/08/2015
Oh, okay. That's nice to know, they're a decent studio. :)

Are the Ty and Crash games by them any good? Like, not in comparison to their older franchise entries (because that's not possible), but if I sort of enjoyed LoS and A Hero's Tail, would I potentially enjoy them?
#13 Posted: 01:54:51 29/08/2015
And misleading topic title. The interview does not hint any new Spyro game, only answering questions fans want to know from the LoS.
---
#14 Posted: 02:02:44 29/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
And misleading topic title. The interview does not hint any new Spyro game, only answering questions fans want to know from the LoS.

Except no? I posted a reddit thread, which states that the interview has possible subtle hints.
---
#15 Posted: 02:07:16 29/08/2015
The only hints of a new game in that Reddit thread are fans saying at random there could be a new one. No context, no proof, not even an indication of where they're even getting the idea from the interview. Yeesh. I dunno about anyone else, but I'm really sick of the desperate attempts at hype this fandom keeps churning out. Just quit already.
#16 Posted: 02:09:58 29/08/2015
Well,the interviewer appears to be young, and judging from the all caps and the absolute weird conclusions they're getting from Jared's answers, it's just what they think they want to hear.

Better just change the topic title to Jared Pullen Answers Questions About TEN and ANB or something. It does have value,especially with that scrapped female character, it's just not the value the rabid fans want.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:11:31 29/08/2015 by Bifrost
#17 Posted: 02:57:45 29/08/2015
Quote: spyrolvr96

Except no? I posted a reddit thread, which states that the interview has possible subtle hints.

No it does not. smilie You're believing fan theories and speculation posted on that reddit thread, rather reading the original source where the interview Q&A was first posted on deviantArt that I linked above you.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:21:26 29/08/2015 by Aura24
#18 Posted: 04:07:25 29/08/2015
Haha, I avoided all of this by just not reading what the interviewer said and only looking at Pullen's answers. :D

Was Pyra female? It looked like they were referred to entirely in male pronouns. All I remember seeing about female dragons was his vague description of their body style as compared to males (longer/more sinuous necks, bigger/less sloped hips, longer tails, more "delicate" wings).

I hope the question delivering fan running the thing will ask about the potential inclusion of other classic characters besides Hunter. I'd love to know if the Manweersmalls we met in ANB/TEN were going to have more significance in the full story and if there were any plans the Krome team had for DotD/TDH that differed much from the final game we got out of EL.

Edit: Just double checked and Pyra is a male. Did Pullen mention another character that is female (besides Cynder)?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:09:58 29/08/2015 by Razz
#19 Posted: 04:24:45 29/08/2015
What could have been... what was planned... the producers are still kicking themselves for the sudden story changes in DotD and how it was botched.

And the fan responses to the Q&A is nearly cringey, to me at least, with them mentioning adding more details to their 7-8 year long existing LoS headcanons, fanstories, fan theories, with the answers from Jared posted. Or worse, them thinking the QA hints towards "a new Spyro game" and tries to make other fans believe that speculation.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:33:34 29/08/2015 by Aura24
#20 Posted: 12:19:19 29/08/2015 | Topic Creator
You're believing fan theories and speculation posted on that reddit thread, rather reading the original source where the interview Q&A was first posted on deviantArt that I linked above you.

Wow that's a lot of assumptions. The point of this topic was to post a reddit thread. The OP of the reddit thread includes an interview, and then after the interview says, and I quote: "That was the interview, more questions will be uploaded here when they are answered. This actually seems to (very) lightly point to a new Legend Of Spyro game."

I never said I believe it (in fact I don't). I just posted it here for you guys to see, and see what you guys think. I titled this thread what I titled it because that is what I posted is all about.
---
#21 Posted: 12:28:46 29/08/2015
Well, the reddit OP is not all there, it's like quoting a little kid on an article about their favorite superhero. Again, just change it to something about interviewing Jared Pullen, even if just to keep people from coming over here expecting facts that might start an argument.

(edit: that might've been a bit much.)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:32:46 30/08/2015 by Bifrost
#22 Posted: 16:36:29 29/08/2015
Quote: spyrolvr96
You're believing fan theories and speculation posted on that reddit thread, rather reading the original source where the interview Q&A was first posted on deviantArt that I linked above you.

Wow that's a lot of assumptions. The point of this topic was to post a reddit thread. The OP of the reddit thread includes an interview, and then after the interview says, and I quote: "That was the interview, more questions will be uploaded here when they are answered. This actually seems to (very) lightly point to a new Legend Of Spyro game."

I never said I believe it (in fact I don't). I just posted it here for you guys to see, and see what you guys think. I titled this thread what I titled it because that is what I posted is all about.

No. It does not. Not very observant are you. They're simply planning on asking more fan questions to Jared Pullen on details regarding the LoS story he had taken part in before DotD, they didn't say anything about a new Spyro game whatsoever.

Jared simply has the time to answer fan questions and more from DragonofFire.

Interview doesn't hint new game, that's a fact. Don't be like those fans who only reads what they want to believe.

And can a mod please change the misleading title since the OP refuses to do so? Thanks~
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:58:06 29/08/2015 by Aura24
#23 Posted: 23:35:06 29/08/2015
The "possible subtle hints" are a desperate fanboy saying there are possible subtle hints. :D
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#24 Posted: 23:46:00 29/08/2015
Interesting read, new information on stuff is always nice.. ^.^

(Also I agree with Aura/Logic here. There is no inclination of any "new game" to be seen here.)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#25 Posted: 18:20:17 30/08/2015
Hahahaha! The new title! XD Oh such petty, such drama! XD You kids are killing me over here. XD
#26 Posted: 18:21:14 30/08/2015
Pfft, dark changed the title smilie
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#27 Posted: 18:46:37 30/08/2015
(love the title, btw X'D)

But, for those who don't already know, I'll give you some background info on this whole situation.
DragonofIceandFire wanted to commission Jared to draw an adult Spyro so that the fan's get the most canonical version of adult Spyro (which is currently in progress, btw), and, obviously, along the way he wanted to ask some questions regarding the old tLoS series. I'm pretty sure it was just intended to shed some light on some rather shady areas that were not entirely addressed throughout the games. By no means does this mean there is going to be a new tLoS game. Jared was just being approached by a fan and was answering questions about a series that has been dead for awhile now. Activision holds the rights to it now and I very highly doubt they are going to disregard Skylanders now seeing that it has been so successful. So, sorry to burst your bubble, and I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but there is going to be no new tLoS game. It was intended as a trilogy, and that is what it has become.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#28 Posted: 19:38:29 30/08/2015
10/10 Dark, simply ebin (^:
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#29 Posted: 20:11:01 30/08/2015
Dark is a legend fair play smilie
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
#30 Posted: 20:56:44 30/08/2015
$10 says a ton of LoS fans are going to see the finished commission by Jarad and go screaming into the sunset that it's proof of a new game or whatever. :D

Didn't know he was available for commissions. I imagine the rates are pretty comparable to his professional career, but that's still cool.
#31 Posted: 17:37:02 31/08/2015
That new title though...

10/10 dark would read again. XD

(But maybe mention of the interview should be up there still, just incase there are people who would be interested to hear it but overlook it because of the title? Just a thought.)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#32 Posted: 19:00:55 31/08/2015
Agreed that the current title is a bit misleading - came in here expecting complaining about gullible Spyro fans, which we already have a topic about sitting on the first page. Still, probably better than what I presume the title used to be.

About the interview itself: very interesting. I've always loved how well-developed the TLoS world seemed to be in ANB and TEN. The storytelling was always amazing, even if the stories themselves were pretty bland.

Like the interviewer, I would never have guessed that Spyro might have been hinted to be Malefor's son. Given the ten generations thing, I might have thought that Malefor was Spyro's greatX7 grandfather (if I did the math right), but not directly his father. The eggs laying dormant thing is something that makes sense, though. It's actually a lore thing that was mentioned in one of the books in Shadow Legacy. Not TLoS, but TLoS borrows a lot of lore from that game (or maybe that game is where they made the lore before they decided to make it a different timeline/universe/whatever).

Pyra's story is interesting (even though his name is... eh. Sounds like a fanfic daughter of Spyro). It would have been neat to see more young dragons in the games, or even a spinoff telling his story. But, given my opinion of the TLoS games at the time, (I didn't like them. Especially TEN.) I probably would not have gotten any spinoffs, or any TLoS game without Spyro in the title.

And training room dragon is indeed Malefor. Didn't think there was any doubt about that, given the same statues were in the Mountain of Malefor and Malefor looked really similar in the cutscenes in TEN, but nice to see some confirmation. Although the idea that it was intended to show what Spyro might look like growing up reminded me of this guy in Spyro the Dragon's instruction manual. When I was a kid, I thought that's what Spyro would look like as an adult. But on Insomniac's Spyro the Dragon promotional site, he's called "Papa Dragon," making it sound like he's Spyro's dad.

------------------

Stuff like this makes me somewhat sad that Krome wasn't able to finish the series strong. They really did an excellent job worldbuilding and storytelling, and by the looks of it, they really cared about the lore of that universe. Everyone had a story, even if they didn't appear or appeared for a short amount of time.

But yeah, they aren't going to get Spyro back. From what I understand, TLoS did the worst out of any of the Spyro franchises. And since Spyro is a Skylander now, there's little-to-no chance of him getting a dark-and-edgy game anytime soon, let alone one where the other Skylanders aren't present.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
#33 Posted: 19:06:45 31/08/2015
As I said earlier in the thread,they did get an attempt to continue the series,but probably EL screwed up so badly that the Helios Interactive attempt at an MMO with even darker and edgier visuals didn't get past what we saw when it surfaced, probably. I recall people at TFB also saying they were made to start the games with a more mature approach but it started losing its charm during development and they moved on to lighthearted.
---
#34 Posted: 17:36:12 02/09/2015
Updated Q&A wit Jared Pullen's answers reveals -
http://dragonoficeandfire.devi...-TLoS-556546930

Cyril was planned to be female and a Water dragon.

Malefor's corruption was caused by something much more powerful.

There are Poison, Shadow and Fear dragons, but the elements come from a different, darker entity instead of the light entity that created the other elements.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:44:37 02/09/2015 by Aura24
#35 Posted: 18:32:35 02/09/2015
Interesting..

I'm enjoying this new lore/backstory information. Hopefully there will be some more soon. ^.^
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#36 Posted: 18:54:29 02/09/2015
Yeah, there's supposed to be more coming out later today (or sometime soon, at least).

Don't forget that fire, electricity, ice, earth, wind and water are the natural elements of the TLoS universe. Shame we never even got to see water. :\
---
I draw stuff.
#37 Posted: 00:46:47 04/09/2015
HA! I've been saying since 2008 that Cynde's natural element wasn't any of her dark powers.

Can't decide if female Cyril is better or worse... On the one hand, the series desperately need more female characters. On the other hand, Cyril is an obnoxious jerk and if that personality as female...ugh. Terrador as a lady would have been awesome 100%. Volteer, too.
#38 Posted: 20:14:57 05/09/2015
Yeah, but his personality would have probably been different considering that he was supposed to be a water dragon. All the guardians seem to have a personality that matches their element, and Cyril's current uptight personality wouldn't match a water dragon's, imo, but I can see how it was very fitting for an ice dragon! :P
If Cyril was a female water dragon, I think he'd (or should I say she'd) have been much more caring and tender, perhaps even a mother figure towards Spyro. She'd probably teach Spyro how to be flowing and formless in battle, and how to adapt to the situation by absorbing the energy of incoming force, rather than resisting it, and redirecting it back towards the enemy. I think Cyril would be the calm voice of reason amongst the guardians, rarely lashing out at anyone, and she'd probably have been a great public speaker too, even more so that Ignitus! She'd probably be the one to reassure everyone, and I can totally see her making a big speech at the Dragon City when the guardians had to tell the locals about the situation with the destroyer in DotD.

akdhjsjkfhdkfd
Thinking about this makes me wish this was in the game!
---
I draw stuff.
#39 Posted: 22:16:27 05/09/2015
Unless her element was still ice. :D When you put it in those terms of motherly stereotypes, I think maybe a snotty female ice dragon would have been okay (and better than a snotty male ice dragon, at least in my book). :D
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#40 Posted: 22:47:16 05/09/2015
Quote: Razz
HA! I've been saying since 2008 that Cynde's natural element wasn't any of her dark powers.

Can't decide if female Cyril is better or worse... On the one hand, the series desperately need more female characters. On the other hand, Cyril is an obnoxious jerk and if that personality as female...ugh. Terrador as a lady would have been awesome 100%. Volteer, too.

Brb drawing.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#41 Posted: 00:42:56 06/09/2015
^ WooooOOOOOO!!! 8D
iSO Emerald Sparx Gems: 3143
#42 Posted: 03:31:04 18/09/2015
It has been 12 days since the last post of this topic. 2 updates happened since then, with the latest one happened just today.

3 to 7 are (trying to summarize the topic question and answer):
  • 3) Questioning if a dragon's eye color is dependent on their elemental.
  • 4) Cynder's original element and scale color (the answer was a teaser).
  • 5) Like the previous question, but having a full explanation.
  • 6) The Legend of Spyro series' character names.
  • 7) The thought of fans consisting of thinking about Spyro and Cynder having a romantic relationship.

Check out the full details here: http://dragonoficeandfire.devi...-TLoS-556546930

Speaking of time passing by, did you, parisruelz12, finally drew Terrador as a female? Razz appears excited about this thought and wants the drawing to be fulfilled!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:20:58 18/09/2015 by iSO
#43 Posted: 04:09:21 18/09/2015
Cynder being a corrupted wind dragon: I. CALLED. IT. Years ago, I said that's what she was and nobody took it seriously. "Noooo she's a shadow dragon!" Nope, wind element! Eat it! HA! XD ...Okay, done gloating. It's just so satisfying, sometimes. :D

Oh lord, the SxC fans are going to be even more insufferable than usual when they get word of this, though. D: At least it's not actual canon still and Jared said they weren't intended to hook up.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#44 Posted: 04:20:52 18/09/2015
Volty-Volt.

Amazing.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#45 Posted: 04:34:50 18/09/2015
Quote: Razz
Oh lord, the SxC fans are going to be even more insufferable than usual when they get word of this, though. D: At least it's not actual canon still and Jared said they weren't intended to hook up.

Oh nooo, their Spyro X Cynder pairing wasn't planned~ Oh dear~
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:59:00 18/09/2015 by Aura24
#46 Posted: 05:12:19 18/09/2015
^ Oh I wish they'd take it that way. XD Nooooo, they're just going to see Jared's later comments and be insufferably smug about it being "canon" (which it still isn't!). Uuuuuuugh.
#47 Posted: 08:41:46 18/09/2015
Well, KROME didn't intend to hook them up. Wouldn't be surprised if EL went on the internet and concluded 'oh there's a lot of fanart of them together,let's make them romatic interests to each other, who cares if they were supposed to end as buddies in the original script'.

Cynder being a wind dragon was a given, it's the only non-edgy element she has. And it carried over to Skylanders as well,since lightning is usually an Air related power(though it's occasionally Water,but comparing her to the other Water dragons she doesn't seem to match).
---
#48 Posted: 23:44:53 18/09/2015
I doubt EL did any fandom digging. Mike Graham and Chris Wilson, who handed the script and franchise over to them, might have, but who knows? It's not a given nor is it canon.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me