Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Potential Tragedy prevented at Pokemon Championship
Page 1 of 1
Potential Tragedy prevented at Pokemon Championship [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 08:11:33 25/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Two people were arrested after making their way to the Boston Pokemon World Championship with a trunk full of ammo and guns, boasting about ‘killing the competition’ on Facebook.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/a...on-pokemon.html

https://games.yahoo.com/news/2...-153111736.html
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:59:15 25/08/2015 by Aura24
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#2 Posted: 09:58:34 25/08/2015
I heard about that.
What I don't understand is why one would post on Facebook that he was planning on doing such a thing, wouldn't you want it to remain a secret? It's scary to think that there are people like that in the world and how, in truth no-one is really safe.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:53:59 26/08/2015 by TTD
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3544
#3 Posted: 10:41:34 25/08/2015
James Stumbo
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#4 Posted: 11:01:30 25/08/2015
I think the scariest part is how petty this is. Not a religion, not a minority, not an ideology, not a life habit that most people question(though these are just as bad, but they have more 'hot topic' appeal) - it's a kid-friendly game series and the event probably had mostly kids too. This is the kinda stuff people write for supervillains.

But bet the media will blame this on the game and not the obvious fact these guys are screwed up in the head.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#5 Posted: 11:08:52 25/08/2015
I'm kind of glad they posted it, otherwise tragedy could've happened. This is why I like my country. We have Gun laws, you don't obey those laws, you lose your gun license and possible never be able to obtain another one.
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#6 Posted: 03:21:44 27/08/2015
I think I might have even seen one of the guys while I was there.
---
Dead
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#7 Posted: 15:35:32 28/08/2015
Quote: Iganagor
James Stumbo

James Dumbo
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#8 Posted: 20:06:54 06/09/2015
Maybe they posted it on Facebook because...subconsciously they didn't want to do it and it was like like a call of "help stop me"? I may be overthinking it but there's always that possibility.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Czar Mania Ripto Gems: 353
#9 Posted: 14:29:13 14/09/2015
I don't think it was a cry for help, the same thing happen at the draw Muhammed event in Texas the two perps posted on twitter as they were Heading there, same thing with the recruitment center and military base shooting. It is shocking to think a child's game such as Pokemon would be a target. Gun laws are useless and only restrict the honest citizen, the charleston church shooting was done with a gun bought legally after he was convicted on meth possession, the murder of the news reporters on live tv same thing he was mentally disturbed blamed everyone for being discriminated because of his skin color and sexual preference. That's why I prefer segregation you can't make people who don't want to get along with others civily that's why you have to segregate them from society, thank you Obama for making your presidency the most racialy divided in history.
#10 Posted: 14:39:36 14/09/2015
Pretty sure politics don't change crazy people being crazy, just what they manage to do and get away with.
---
#11 Posted: 15:17:41 14/09/2015
It doesn't, all it gives them is a platform to do it or become a patsy for them, and in the case of michael brown you can strong arm a store clerk try to beat up a cop and take there gun, get killed and have goverment officals sent to pay respects to a criminal. America isn't what it used to be lost its moral compass they just to get it over with and come out with that tv show how to kill a celebrity.
#12 Posted: 15:25:59 14/09/2015
I don't even live in the US; a country's 'moral compasse' doesn't change that someone is screwed up in the head and is either trying to do horrible things or supporting others doing horrible things. That has no nationality, political party or age.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:26:39 14/09/2015 by Bifrost
#13 Posted: 15:40:11 14/09/2015
Then why you opening your mouth about things you don't understand? America was great once people would come here legally one of my best friends family immigrated here and assimilate the American life style work hard save and live free, something changed in the 90's people stopped caring stopped having pride in work. A country's moral compass is important, with out one it will fail that's why there is more people on food stamps in America then ever before, more entitlement programs, church food banks in most places stretched thin and some are left empty handed, because some don't want to work want a hand out, or want someone else to build it for them. you don't know the history of this nation the moral compass is what prevents people from being screwed up in the head, that moral compass is what keeps the majority from killing indiscriminately, I suggest you worry about your own third world hell hole. People are not born killers and rapists they learn it and live it first
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me