Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > The Rise of New Heroes. (A Classic Spyro RP.)
Page 1 of 1
The Rise of New Heroes. (A Classic Spyro RP.) [CLOSED]
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#1 Posted: 15:54:16 23/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Plot: About a decade passed since Spyro defeated the Sorceress and recovered the eggs. Five years after that event, he and his friends left for another land. That's when a powerful Rhynoc named Deathhorn attacked with his army of Rhynocs and Gnorcs. He took over the Dragon Kingdom, killed the dragons that fought back, and enslaved the rest. The dragons are enduring their fifth year of slavery. The Artisans are forced to build monuments and write poetry for their Rhynoc overlord, the Peace Keepers are forced to make war machines and provide training to Deathhorn's army, the Magic Crafters are forced to make magic charms and magic weapons for Deathhorn's army, the Beast Makers are forced to make beasts to fight in Deathhorn's army and make animals to feed it, and the Dream Weavers battle the nightmares in the Gnorc's and Rhynoc's dreams which leave all the other dragons with sleepless and fearful nights due to nightmares. The faries are being rounded up, drained of their magic and then killed, no one has seen a fairy in over a year, they are presumed to be extinct from the Dragon Kingdoms. Everything seems hopeless...

You are a young dragon or dragoness who was in the brood of eggs that got rescued during the Year of the Dragon. (You don't have to pick a name of one of the hatchlings that appeared in YoD.) You will be 10 years old. One day, you come back to your home, after finishing forced labor for the day/night, and find a note in your room. It was a tiny note, looking like it was written by a fairy... It says to travel to Beast Makers and meet up with an old friend in the temple. You sneak into one of the super portals that was built to travel to different worlds in the kingdom and arrive in Beast Makers. The swamp seems devoid of either dragon, Gnorc and Rhynoc, and the boats that the Gnorcs and Rhynocs use to travel around the swamp with have been destroyed, and so have the guard towers. You make your way over to the temple and head inside.

Notes about dragon species:

Artisan: The weakest dragon species, having no natural magic other than their fire breath. These dragons, however, are very capable, as demonstrated by Spyro (an Artisan dragon) many times. They are good speakers and can boost the morale of any dragon and keep them in high spirits, they are also great builders.

Peace Keepers: The toughest of the dragon species. These dragons can take a hit and fight for longer without getting tired. They are also the best battle strategists. They can rile up any dragon for an upcoming fight. They can strike fear into their enemies by their sheer aggression on the battlefield. They may be strong against physical attacks, but they are weak against magic.

Magic Crafters: These dragons are the most magically inclined, though not physically strong, but they can strengthen themselves and their allies with magic. They prefer to be far from their enemies, casting spells from a distance. They also buff and heal their allies. They can also grant their allies powers, such as flight, supercharge, other elements, superflame, and fireball, among other things. (Think of all the magic in the original Spyro trilogy, and have fun. Also make up your own magic.) They can only buff one ally at a time though and it takes a lot of concentration, making them vulnerable to attacks.

Beast Makers: These dragons are the summoners, able to create any form of life with just a thought and a blast of magic. Though the summon is very weak and will die if hit once. They provide animals for food. They can only summon one creature at a time though, and it can be no bigger than a dragon. They are also physically strong.

Dream Weavers: These dragons also prefer to fight at a distance, they can make the fears of their enemies come to life in their own minds, causing hallucinations, panic and sometimes causing them to attack their own. The dragon is put in a trance while destroying the sanity of their foes and thus become vulnerable to attack. They can only warp the mind of one enemy at a time. They don't need sleep and therefore make good guards during the night while their allies sleep. They keep nightmares out of the minds of their allies, allowing them to have a restful sleep and feel energized in the morning.

No dragon actually has the power of flight without the help of magic or a flying Beast Makers creature. All dragons have the ability to breathe fire.

Note about dragonflies: Your dragon can have a dragonfly if you want. A Beast Maker can make butterflies or fodder for your dragonfly to be healed one point.

Rules:
I am the GM.
No overpowered characters.
No god moding.
DO NOT speak in first person, ALWAYS speak in third when narrating what your character does.

Character sheet:

Name:
Sex:
Species:
Powers:
Personality:
Appearance:
Dragonfly's name:
Other:

My character:

Name: Fenris
Sex: Male
Species: Beast Maker.
Powers: The power to create monsters, animals, fodder and butterflies. Breathes fire.
Personality: He cares about the dragons, he wants to see them free, he hates the Gnorcs and Rhynocs.
Appearance: Dark green scales with a lighter green underbelly and wing webbings. Dark brown, thick, curved horns. Brown crest and arrow shaped tail tip.
Dragonfly's name: N/A.
Other: Will find out.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#2 Posted: 22:34:34 23/08/2015
OOC: I'll join. ...Actually, I was going to go with a Beast Maker dragon too. I <3 tubbies.

Name: Momor
Sex: Female
Species: Beast Maker
Powers: She tends to work with a combination of plant life and slimy monsters, able to create living trees and slime soldiers who wield very small tree logs for weapons.
Personality: She hates seeing living creatures get hurt, so she has her minions do the fighting for her. She never has her minions kill if she can avoid it, as she's sort of a goody-goody. She also has a soft spot for Fenris (if allowed) and tends to work with him.
Appearance: She has purple scales with a cream underbelly and wing webbings. She has long, marroon colored horns that resemble Gazelle horns. She's about a size or two wider than most (already particularly wide) Beast Maker dragons, but that didn't stop her from trying to put on a purple mages robe. ...Which ripped in half when she tried to put it on. She's also a bit shorter than most Beast Maker dragons.
Dragonfly's name: Piki
Other: To Be RPed

OOC: After reading a bit more closely, I should probably make another dragon, or get rid of Momor's affection for Fenris and tone her design down. I'll do that in the morning.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:40:59 24/08/2015 by MugoUrth
#3 Posted: 11:33:04 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Accepted. The affection she has for Fenris is fine, but Fenris is a male dragon. (You put 'but tends to work with HER.')
#4 Posted: 12:27:21 28/08/2015
OOC: We could make this a 1X1 if you want.
#5 Posted: 14:15:45 28/08/2015 | Topic Creator
If no one joins after today, we start.
Coalata Green Sparx Gems: 469
#6 Posted: 23:22:01 28/08/2015
You mind if I join?
#7 Posted: 04:30:46 29/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Go agead, join, please.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#8 Posted: 16:46:31 29/08/2015
Name: Blastbite
Species: Magic Crafter
Powers: Upgrading any dragon's fire breath, including his own, but he isn't as useful when it comes to other power-ups.
Personality: Blastbite is adventurous, always hoping to see more than just his home. He isn't very brave, however, and he would rather run from a fight and aid from afar. He tries not to show any weakness, but nope, it doesn't work.
Appearance: //www.darkspyro.net/images/nig...3-Blastbite.jpg
Dragonfly's Name: Zira
Other: N/A
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#9 Posted: 17:09:13 29/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Accepted.
#10 Posted: 13:13:14 01/09/2015
OOC: Do you think Coalata will respond?
#11 Posted: 13:23:41 01/09/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: I'm not sure. I'll message them.
miniquiny999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#12 Posted: 19:13:25 01/09/2015
*gasp* Dis looks so byootiful. Ahemhm. Do you mind if I join? It's a great idea for an Rp.
---
im not dead but only in theory since i never use this heckin site anymore. send me a pm if you want i'll try to get back to ya this century
#13 Posted: 20:48:54 01/09/2015
Name: Flare
Species: Peace-Keeper
Powers: Flare can use different armor to defend and disguise herself. The picture is shown in her Eagle armor, but she can use other types.
Personality: Flare is defensive and often angry, and would like nothing better than to fight anything that gets in her way. She has a crush on Blastbite, though she denies it, and she would like anything other than taking care of eggs.
Appearance: //www.darkspyro.net/images/nig...00GA9-Flare.jpg
//www.darkspyro.net/images/nig...rrior+Flare.jpg She wears a necklace made from the claw of a dragon that rebelled against the Rhynocs.
Dragonfly's Name: Ashper
Other: None
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:09:53 01/09/2015 by StormDragon21
Coalata Green Sparx Gems: 469
#14 Posted: 21:25:48 01/09/2015
Sorry. I was busy with some stuff, back now though. And I'll get working on my characters.
#15 Posted: 12:59:42 06/09/2015
OOC: Bump.
#16 Posted: 13:53:01 06/09/2015
((Anyone else think that we should try to have at least one dragon of all species? I just think it would be useful. So far, we'll need an Artisan and a Dream-Weaver.))
---
#17 Posted: 02:18:44 07/09/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Yes, that's exactly what I'm waiting for.
#18 Posted: 02:41:19 07/09/2015
((I would add some more, but I already have two characters.))
---
#19 Posted: 12:42:52 07/09/2015
Name: Mathew
Sex: Male
Species: Artisan Dragon
Powers: Since Artisan Dragons have no other powers, just his firebreath.
Personality: He's an energetic character. Always working on some new project. Work, work, work, that is what he does best and what he likes to do best. He tends to talk with high energy, not unlike the electric Dragon from the Legend of Spyro franchise (forgot his name. Volkner was it?). He does get angry a bit though, especially when a project of his is damaged.
Appearance: Mathew has dull yellow scales, but has shimmering light blue horns and underbelly. He has a longer snout than normal, and has a little bit of hair already trying to grow on the side of his face. The hair is a dull brown color. He also wears light-brown goggles on his head.
Dragonfly's name: Brick
Other: To be RPed.
#20 Posted: 12:49:28 07/09/2015
((Volteer.))
---
#21 Posted: 00:28:42 08/09/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Accepted. And StormDragon, you may have more characters.
#22 Posted: 14:52:53 12/09/2015
OOC: Really tho, can I join, please?
---
im not dead but only in theory since i never use this heckin site anymore. send me a pm if you want i'll try to get back to ya this century
#23 Posted: 15:16:24 12/09/2015
I think if we haven't started, then to I can join.

I'll edit this with a Dream-weaver character soon.
---
#24 Posted: 12:38:01 14/09/2015
Everyone still there?
#25 Posted: 17:43:53 14/09/2015 | Topic Creator
No one has to ask to join. Just post a character sheet.
#26 Posted: 12:57:07 15/09/2015
OOC: We could start without all the needed dragons if we need to.
#27 Posted: 00:32:30 17/09/2015
OOc: oh, lol. Okay, I think I'll be a dream weaver for the purposes of racial equality!
Name: Shadow
Sex: Female
Species: Dream weaver
Powers: Slightly above average vision in dim light, along with generic Dream weaver abilities.
Personality: Normally very lighthearted, the downfall of the dragons has caused her to be a little bit on edge, despite her still optimistic outlook. A bit quick to anger.
Appearance: A dragonness with dark blue, glossy scales, so dark in colouration They look almost black. her horns, belly, wings, tail spur, and eyes are a bright yellow.
Dragonfly's name: N/A
Other: N/A
---
#28 Posted: 01:08:40 29/09/2015
OOC: Hello?
#29 Posted: 20:01:09 29/09/2015
We have all the tribes at this point, by that logic, torok should be ready to start, not counting IRL Preoccupations.
---
ShadeTheDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#30 Posted: 01:44:19 16/10/2015
ooc: I will join. I just need to decide on a species to use. oh but can they be half breeds like half Artisan half Beast-maker?
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
first rp I've created is accepting so please do join it's called Worlds Unite! The pelage is reborn (dead space rp) open
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:49:48 16/10/2015 by ShadeTheDragon
#31 Posted: 16:17:16 26/10/2015
ooc: uh is anyone going to answer my question? hello? anyone here?
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
first rp I've created is accepting so please do join it's called Worlds Unite! The pelage is reborn (dead space rp) open
#32 Posted: 17:48:41 29/10/2015
ooc: uh torok you there?
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#33 Posted: 20:51:54 29/10/2015
I don't feel it's needed to triple post.
---
#34 Posted: 21:14:15 29/10/2015
Ooc:maybe but i'm board. Say Stormdragon21 why have you not replied on clash of the kiju Ruby wants to try to make friends with Aurorus but their is no reply so what gives?
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#35 Posted: 21:30:23 29/10/2015
((Check your guestbook. I left for the same reason I killed everyone in another roleplay.))
---
#36 Posted: 22:06:23 16/11/2015
bump?
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me