Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 9 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Skylanders: Battlecast News Topic [STICKY]
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#401 Posted: 01:22:26 07/09/2016
I thought it was a new card at first, but it seems the new fix to get the game working today has removed some of the pictures on the enemy cards...for example, Frozen Teeth by a water spell punk just shows a question mark in the picture.

Game is getting glitchier and glitchier.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#402 Posted: 14:00:00 19/10/2016
So I guess this game is dead?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#403 Posted: 14:16:49 19/10/2016
Seems like Acti abandoned their game yet again, yes. SB and Prism Break are still unfinished, that "expansion" was a whole 6 cards, and the Elemental Team and sixth character spells were never added.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#404 Posted: 14:49:29 19/10/2016
On the plus side, the last ten or more times I have played PvP I got real people. Lets see if they actually fix their errors I submitted. Sad though, if they put some good advertising on this game and a small expansion, I bet new people could come to the game. One advantage of this game is its a stand alone, you dont need prior Skylanders knowledge or merchandise.

Course, they made 8 new elemental cards, 24 new original characters and who knows, maybe new stuff with Prism Break and Sonic Boom. It would be a shame to waste those. Maybe when Imaginators is a little bit older.
#405 Posted: 18:45:24 16/11/2016
So, uh, not nice news. The dev team for Battlecast was let go, apparently not too long after the main stuff was done.

Acti reaaallly doesn't want people to be ever invested in the mobile games, huh? Might as well assume the Creator App team is also out and they won't fix the graphical/ card conversion bugs.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:45:59 16/11/2016 by Bifrost
#406 Posted: 22:38:20 16/11/2016
However, there was new stuff in Battlecast today. Prism Break and Sonic Boom suddenly talk now.
#407 Posted: 22:55:09 16/11/2016
Might be leftover stuff; but aside from that, this means no new expansions unless they hire a new team.
---
#408 Posted: 23:03:18 16/11/2016
Course you and I both know many of the new expansion cards were written, hope they see the light of day some how. Have already seen 30 of them in full and 2 of them in part.
JJAtelier Blue Sparx Gems: 727
#409 Posted: 14:34:18 20/11/2016
Oh my.... it's not like any of us didn't foresee this coming.

It's been almost a year since its soft launch so it was now or never whether any significant content was meant to come through.

Hopefully the project picks back up. I'm still yet to finish collecting my 300 digital collection but I do have a shed ton of gold from grinding that might be useful for purchasing new packs someday....
#410 Posted: 14:53:59 20/11/2016
Well, we weren't expecting the team being let go immediately after launch; letting the people that know the project at least see the first few weeks of results and fix what they couldn't in time is usually nice. This also explains the silence from their accounts after that; they really had no way of helping us any longer.

But at least there's someone there who cares, if they updated Sonic Boom and Prism Break. Maybe they'll also implement the new cards into packs before this is discarded like the rest :I
---
JJAtelier Blue Sparx Gems: 727
#411 Posted: 15:32:42 20/11/2016
I've recently had some conversations with eSports associates regarding Activision and no doubt their bureaucracy has become a decisive factor when it comes to the downturn of certain projects. When sancho was still around, at least he was willing to address any minute issues via forums or SMS platforms. Since his departure, something just made me feel something was slightly amiss.
#412 Posted: 15:50:14 20/11/2016
Well, the Skylanders pages always had the world's most apathetic PR(was a surprise when they were actually answering questions during Imaginators' launch but there they are just posting robotic praise at a certain character again), and ACTIVIA Assist only shows up for major bugs but for some reason doesn't even bat an eye at the official bug thread. But the chance that we get to have developers talking with users actively to get feedback just disappears before we can even enjoy that... Really hoping the VV dev stream the other day gave the team some ideas to interact more, but considering the small audience that day I'm not optimistic.
---
#413 Posted: 01:52:29 22/11/2016
Yeah, I reported some bugs and to be honest, have not gone into Activision to see if they even commented back but there are like 5 or 6 bugs out there that I brought up.

Definitely miss Sancho's fixes. The game was down last night but at least it came back up tonight.

Strange thing, there is one card never played anymore by Kaos. I wonder if its on purpose or glitch. Quadruple Team it was called, have not been able to see it played in ages. Glad I got screen shots and one of the vocal messages before gone. Never got the second one.
#414 Posted: 18:58:29 03/03/2017
So it's been forever, but now that I have a new phone(the other one just gave up and started glitching in all sorts of ways and I don't even know if a factory reset can save it), I can finally play Battlecast, even if the poor graphics and no VA version.

Is it me or it's more worth it for money to purposefully do badly in Story Mode missions? I haven't been paying much attention, but you only get repeat money if you get more stars than the last match; so, say, wouldn't it better to get 5 from 1, 15 from 2 and 20 for 3 instead of just the 20 at the end?

Though in early missions it's harder to do bad to begin with. The AI really likes wasting bonuses because it's compelled to switch as soon as it runs out of cards.

Edit: Just found out that I can get VA and SFX by changing the phone to English. Why Portuguese removes stuff like the Crystal Bonus noise is beyond me.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:53:02 04/03/2017 by Bifrost
Retrogamer Red Sparx Gems: 11
#415 Posted: 11:19:09 15/03/2017
Hey,

I've just picked up some of this game before realising it doesn't appear to be very 'current'...

I was wondering how I know if the cards I have are worth a lot or if they are just the basics? I understand the rarity system and that ultimate cards are the hardest to find and best in the game but what about foil cards? Is an ultimate foil worth a lot more? I looked at eBay and can't find any for sale so I don't know whether they are really worth keeping hold of or worth selling to buy more?
#416 Posted: 12:43:14 15/03/2017
They used to be for sale often, can't remember the price. The game was sent to die unfortunately, so even if the cards are rare and probably valuable, not enough people might care.
---
Retrogamer Red Sparx Gems: 11
#417 Posted: 19:17:12 16/03/2017
Thats a real shame because this looks like a nice little card game with good links into the mobile app...
#418 Posted: 19:27:01 16/03/2017
It's a good game; even if I battle mostly bots before 2pm because I'm starting a whole year after launch and it'sgot way less players, I'm still having tons of fun. Unfortunately, most of the real players I fight have gold cards and everything, which makes me think either they play enough to never need holo cards or bought them already.
---
#419 Posted: 15:01:41 07/04/2017
More battlecast art, more cut characters revealed.
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#420 Posted: 16:02:07 31/08/2017
Last day to play Battlecast unless you have friends who are willing to learn that entire ruleset thing.
---
Soon.
First | Previous | Page 9 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me