Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Old (cancelled) Spyro McDonalds Happy Meal Promotion
Page 1 of 1
Old (cancelled) Spyro McDonalds Happy Meal Promotion [CLOSED]
WFLD Emerald Sparx Gems: 3600
#1 Posted: 18:26:02 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Originally found by Bitmap over at Spyro Forum. I'll re-post it here to spread the word a little smilie

http://www.cloudycreations.com.au/?p=710

Looks to have collectible cards featuring recoloured Spyro images in association with animals(?). Also includes a card featuring a "how to take care of your dragon" checklist, including the items: Food, Drink, Play, Train, Rest, Love and Clean.

How do you interpret it?
KrazyKariana Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#2 Posted: 05:13:58 08/08/2015
Hey WFLD, I hate to break your bubble, but this is for SURE fake. I saw this long ago, and knew it was fake right away, sadly, knowing I would love for classic Spyro to return to McDonalds. The Spyro OCs are recolors they didn't even try at, if it was to promote a Spyro game, they would have gotten better art than recolors from the company. Also, McDonalds doesn't have those kinds of cups for your drinks, unless you ask for water. The cups you get are made of a paper material with plastic that goes to the top with your straw.
Also, the Happy Meal box is missing what many of the boxes have now, information at the bottom, and they are supposed to have smile faces on the sides, and if not, it is more decorated than that. And Ronald McDonald looks placed so randomly. Who is he smiling at?
Also, the animal card concept is odd. They come with no toys, along with each one? One card in the box only? Kids would hate that, just giving cards is unlike them.
Sorry to say it, but clearly false.
---
Visit KrazyKari.deviantart.com for Spyro fan art, and SpyroStuffbyKrazyKari.Tumblr.com
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#3 Posted: 12:30:23 08/08/2015
Pokémon promotions gave away cards along with the toys. Also, maybe it's not a recent scrapped concept since the graphics used are YOTD and not AHT.

But probably fake since even if it was made last decade it wouldn't have these weird seemingly hand-drawn dragons when Spyro has a 3D model.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#4 Posted: 20:56:17 08/08/2015
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=118825
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me