Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Skylanders in Gmod and SFM?
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders in Gmod and SFM? [CLOSED]
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1 Posted: 20:03:34 04/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Now, I myself do not use either of these programs... I mean, I'd like to... but still...

Am I the only one who finds it odd how Splatoon models were made available for Gmod and Source Filmmaker, like, a month after the game came out, and yet Skylanders has been around for FIVE YEARS and nobody thought to rip or at least create models for them? Especially now after Swap Force, when HD models were available?

And before you say "Well, Activision wouldn't approve of them using Skylanders characters for advertising purpouses.", people use these programs either to be random for a laugh or as an efficient way to animate a fan fiction of theirs. If they were using them for advertisement purposes, then no company would be let their character's models be used in these animations.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2 Posted: 20:09:54 04/08/2015
It's probably because the target audience for Gmod and SFM is much older age group than what the audience is for Skylanders, and I don't think that many people who play those games are interested in Skylanders. :I
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#3 Posted: 20:21:13 04/08/2015
What Bolt said. Kids won't really spend the time creating models for that, they'd be still struggling doing Minecraft skins and those we have plenty of.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#4 Posted: 21:17:15 04/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Both good points. Though there are some fans of the series who I'd imagine would be old enough to use those programs without getting too frustrated.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:17:30 04/08/2015 by AdamGregory03
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#5 Posted: 21:26:51 04/08/2015
If there are, they didn't try yet. I definately have no experience in regular 3D modeling(gotta love courses being in another city almost near midnight), let alone modding.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:27:03 04/08/2015 by Bifrost
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#6 Posted: 22:27:26 04/08/2015
We just need to learn how to rip the models from the game.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me