Page 1 of 1
E-mail Response from Rebecca Kneubuhl [CLOSED]
AntauriWolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1248
#1 Posted: 23:37:11 21/12/2008 | Topic Creator
I checked my e-mail recently, and found that Rebecca had responded to the e-mail I sent to her around November 4th congratulating her on completing such a wonderful series of soundtracks for the Legend of Spyro series.
I also mentioned to her that her work on This Broken Soul, and Guide You Home were truly remarkable. She responded with the news that Guide You Home will be released on iTunes in just a few weeks! Yes, I know that there are downloads for this song already out, but it would be nice to have the official version of the song.
For all of your curiousity, this is everything she said in the e-mail:

thanks so much for your nice email!

i wish we were able to release the soundtracks from the spyro triology, but because we don't own any of the music we can't actually release them ourselves. but we do have an agreement from dawn of the dragon that we can release the song from the end credits, so look for "guide you home" on itunes in just a few weeks! hopefully we can get the word out to fans and let people know that they can at least buy the song. we're still working on getting the whole soundtrack out.

thanks again for writing,
becky
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:39:11 21/12/2008 by AntauriWolf
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 00:06:04 22/12/2008
THATS SO KWL! That shows that even thoe you sent it 4th of november she actualy took her time to reply to you (not like most people...)
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#3 Posted: 09:21:13 22/12/2008
Thats really cool!8D
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
IceStar Gold Sparx Gems: 2186
#4 Posted: 18:12:42 22/12/2008
Thats so awesome!!Very cool.
Rocky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#5 Posted: 18:23:38 22/12/2008
OMG you can spell her name! 8D

LOL smilie
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#6 Posted: 18:56:17 22/12/2008
Very nice; I love seeing people like such do this stuff, even if it isn't typed so greatly. Hell, Mike Shinoda does that. X3

Oh, one problem though: after ANB, the soundtracks pretty much sucked.
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#7 Posted: 19:23:57 22/12/2008
Quote: Shrazer320
Very nice; I love seeing people like such do this stuff, even if it isn't typed so greatly. Hell, Mike Shinoda does that. X3

do you see any thing posativly
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#8 Posted: 19:32:29 22/12/2008
well atleast guide you home will come out soon.
---
This old place has changed too much
#9 Posted: 19:35:27 22/12/2008
thank lord but i donmt have itunes smilie
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#10 Posted: 20:04:13 22/12/2008
That's awesome!8D I love celebrities, and artists like her responding to their fans compliments, and such. Like Chris socializing and answering questions about the Spyro games on Sierra forums. It's nice hearing from them.smilie
#11 Posted: 22:11:56 22/12/2008
Quote: Cynder_Rox
That's awesome!8D I love celebrities, and artists like her responding to their fans compliments, and such. Like Chris socializing and answering questions about the Spyro games on Sierra forums. It's nice hearing from them.smilie

i agree there not rude like ohh just fan mail ill just delite it they take time and reply
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#12 Posted: 23:44:19 22/12/2008
Only problem: if DotD does get a soundtrack released, don't expect it on iTunes or Raphsody or anywhere. Activision wants to open their own music store, selfish publishers that they are. e_e
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#13 Posted: 00:49:45 23/12/2008
Quote: DARK CINDER

do you see any thing posativly

Do you understand maturity and opinions?

Quote: DARK CINDER
thank lord but i donmt have itunes XD

XD I just torrent everything; if I can get out of paying for something, I'll do it.
Spyro Technics Yellow Sparx Gems: 1899
#14 Posted: 13:56:02 23/12/2008
I don't have iTunes either, and I don't often use torrents... Unless they are collections of files. Like the Okami soundtrack. O.o THAT took all day.

Once, when I was looking for the TEN soundtrack, I accidently downloaded the DS version of the game. Afterwards I was like "OH! So that's what it ment by NDS!" xD

I just get them off random sites. Google helps. xP

And if you really want the songs on an iPod, just use a conversion program. There is -insert-what-iPod-file-types-are- to mp3's, so there is probably a way to get them to go the other way.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:56:46 23/12/2008 by Spyro Technics
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5908
#15 Posted: 16:38:34 23/12/2008
Quote: AntauriWolf
I checked my e-mail recently, and found that Rebecca had responded to the e-mail I sent to her around November 4th congratulating her on completing such a wonderful series of soundtracks for the Legend of Spyro series.
I also mentioned to her that her work on This Broken Soul, and Guide You Home were truly remarkable. She responded with the news that Guide You Home will be released on iTunes in just a few weeks! Yes, I know that there are downloads for this song already out, but it would be nice to have the official version of the song.
For all of your curiousity, this is everything she said in the e-mail:

i wish we were able to release the soundtracks from the spyro triology, but because we don't own any of the music we can't actually release them ourselves. but we do have an agreement from dawn of the dragon that we can release the song from the end credits, so look for "guide you home" on itunes in just a few weeks! hopefully we can get the word out to fans and let people know that they can at least buy the song. we're still working on getting the whole soundtrack out.

becky

She loves you.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
#16 Posted: 23:37:18 23/12/2008 | Topic Creator
And also, this isn't the first time she has responded to an e-mail of mine. Well actually, this one's the second time she replied.
The first time I e-mailed her was telling how great her music was when The Eternal Night came out, and to check out my Youtube channel.
She responded saying thanks for the compliments and saying she would check out my channel as well.
I thought that was pretty swell.
crashpro Gold Sparx Gems: 2027
#17 Posted: 00:36:13 24/12/2008
Quote: AntauriWolf
...this is everything she said in the e-mail:

becky

Right... /sarcasm

I believe most people know what CAPS lock and Shift can do. She didn't capitalize a single letter. I highly doubt ths is true. And why would they have an agreement with "Dawn of the Dragon" that's not even a company. How can you make an agreement with a game? This is fake. People on this forum are WAY too gullible.
#18 Posted: 00:38:08 24/12/2008
Like I said, don't expect to see anything from DotD. Activision wants in on the music-distributing industry (although, if you ask me, buying Sierra is probably going to cost them in the long run).
---
#19 Posted: 01:25:04 24/12/2008 | Topic Creator
Um crashpro, this is indeed real. I can take a screencap of the e-mail if you want.
#20 Posted: 01:30:13 24/12/2008
It could have been a TXT response from a cell phone. That'd stop caps from being used. ^_^
---
#21 Posted: 01:35:18 24/12/2008 | Topic Creator
Well I'll just go ahead and post up the e-mail shot so it can be already here:

http://i105.photobucket.com/al...beccae-mail.jpg
#22 Posted: 02:15:11 24/12/2008
I would have blanked out the email address to if I were you. Anyway, yeah, I think crashpro just got pwn3d. XD
---
#23 Posted: 02:32:48 24/12/2008 | Topic Creator
Well I have my e-mail visible on my youtube as well. I really don't mind showing my e-mail like that.
#24 Posted: 03:30:58 24/12/2008
Ah. 'K. ^.^;
---
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#25 Posted: 07:31:48 24/12/2008
That's how Becky types, even on the Sierra forums and her MySpace account. But yeah... Crashpro, as cool as you are, you just got schooled. smilie

Anyway, I haven't heard Guide You Home yet, but when I do (and it WILL be at the end of the game otherwise it'll kill the magic), I'll be sure to offer a full justified opinion.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:32:32 24/12/2008 by Rexy
#26 Posted: 09:04:52 24/12/2008
Quote: Spyro Technics
I don't have iTunes either, and I don't often use torrents... Unless they are collections of files. Like the Okami soundtrack. O.o THAT took all day.

Once, when I was looking for the TEN soundtrack, I accidently downloaded the DS version of the game. Afterwards I was like "OH! So that's what it ment by NDS!" xD

And if you really want the songs on an iPod, just use a conversion program. There is -insert-what-iPod-file-types-are- to mp3's, so there is probably a way to get them to go the other way.

Some of mine take over a week of downloading. XD

XD I don't understand how they get non-disc games into ROMs or ISOs.

._. I've only been able to find a direct download url on Google for Theory of a Deadman's song Bad Girlfriend; X3 tis a good song.

I couldn't find a good audio converter til JetAudio.
Do you know where I can get a good and totally free video converter? D/L.com doesn't help.

Quote: Rexy
That's how Becky types, even on the Sierra forums and her MySpace account. But yeah... Crashpro, as cool as you are, you just got schooled. :D

Anyway, I haven't heard Guide You Home yet, but when I do (and it WILL be at the end of the game otherwise it'll kill the magic), I'll be sure to offer a full justified opinion.

Most people like that do; I remember in the LPU chat room when they had Mike Shinoda, he typed like that; same with Brad (I don't remember his last name o3o).
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#27 Posted: 20:19:52 24/12/2008
And to even FURTHER counter Crashpro's point, the track got released after all. smilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#28 Posted: 20:26:33 24/12/2008
OMG! AND ITS THE TOP SONG ON ITUNES!

Edit: Oh no, its the top song by Rebecca Kneubuhl and Gabriel Mann (over dramatic me)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:28:58 24/12/2008 by bionicle2809
#29 Posted: 23:26:04 24/12/2008
XD that was kind of funny. ^_^
---
Polar-krush Blue Sparx Gems: 871
#30 Posted: 08:03:11 25/12/2008
oooo!!!! i can't wait! smiliesmilie
Spyro Technics Yellow Sparx Gems: 1899
#31 Posted: 10:01:09 25/12/2008
Quote: Spyro Technics

Some of mine take over a week of downloading. smilie

smilie I don't understand how they get non-disc games into ROMs or ISOs.

._. I've only been able to find a direct download url on Google for Theory of a Deadman's song Bad Girlfriend; X3 tis a good song.

I couldn't find a good audio converter til JetAudio.
Do you know where I can get a good and totally free video converter? D/L.com doesn't help.

O.O

Yeah... Maybe they have some sort of thing they plug into the computer that takes DS cards. xD

I have gotten all my songs from random websites. n.n

I have Tunebite... But I think you need to pay. Not expensive from memory. Don't think it does iPod files... But it converts video and audio. You can even convert them so a mobile phone can take it. ^.^
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me