Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Amiibo Topic V2!
First | Previous | Page 15 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21 22 23
The Official All Purpose Amiibo Topic V2!
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#701 Posted: 17:47:04 08/01/2016
I got my Shovel Knight amiibo, and I gotta hand it to Yacht Club Games, I didn't think the amiibo shortages could get any worse, but they did it.

The GameStop I went to got 4 in stock. No Target in my area got a shipment of them. Best Buy got 2 per store, and couldn't honor the preorders where I am.

Luckily I got one, but I feel bad for those who didn't. It's ridiculous how few there are here.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#702 Posted: 20:59:38 08/01/2016
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Shovel Knight doesn't have the silver foil all other Amiibos have that prevents you from scanning them while they are still in the box, so if you want to use it but also keep it NiB, you can do that.

Oh, is that what the silver does? I had no idea.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#703 Posted: 21:07:56 08/01/2016
My local Target actually had 5 out on the pegs, and this is 5 hours after they opened.
---
Dead
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#704 Posted: 02:32:04 09/01/2016
Went to GameStop a few minutes after they opened and got Shovel Knight (both the amiibo and the 3DS version of the game). They only got five of the amiibo, which was more than I was expecting, although not by much.

I really like how the amiibo looks.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#705 Posted: 02:56:42 09/01/2016
Just got my sexy blue man. <3
#706 Posted: 06:57:32 09/01/2016
[User Posted Image]

A new ally approaches!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#707 Posted: 13:45:24 09/01/2016
Shovel Knight was.. extremely easy to get. Waltzed into Target and only one other person was there. Snagged one for me and one for a friend as a late Christmas gift.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:33:49 09/01/2016 by Matteomax
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#708 Posted: 14:00:55 09/01/2016
Got Shovel Kmight yesterday and imported Palutema Dec.31st 2015.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#709 Posted: 14:36:29 09/01/2016
got 2 shovel knights
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#710 Posted: 18:02:06 09/01/2016
Saw a couple of Shovel Knights in a Gamestop yesterday. Don't really care to get him though.

Quote: LunarDistortion
News came out today that later this month Nintendo World Store will be closing down temporarily for refurbishment. It'll last from the 19th of January to the 19th of February.

Quote: FlapSnapple from r/Amiibo
A few interesting takeaways for the tl;dr crowd:

-"15-foot gaming screen"
-"a large bronze coin installed at the store entrance"
-"reopening activities, including giveaways"
-"exclusive souvenirs that can only be purchased that weekend, including a limited-edition T-shirt featuring Mario or Link"
-It is being rebranded from Nintendo World Store to Nintendo NY store

The name's being changed from "Nintendo World Store" to "Nintendo NY Store", so I'm hopeful that means other Nintendo World's will open up elsewhere. I'd want one in CityWalk Orlando since Nintendo already has that deal with Universal Studios.

It's also worth noting that the store is opening up on the day of Fire Emblem: Fates' NA release. I think it's reasonable to suggest they'll have a midnight launch for the title that will also serve as a grand reopening.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:04:16 09/01/2016 by CAV
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#711 Posted: 18:12:56 09/01/2016
I'm waiting until Tuesday when I get a bit more money to order Shovel Knight. Both the game and the Amiibo.

Meanwhile today:

[User Posted Image]
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#712 Posted: 22:34:39 09/01/2016
Picked up the two Skymiibo double packs and a used Wario from Gamestop. In non-Amiibo purchases, I got the Kaos Trophy.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#713 Posted: 22:47:44 09/01/2016
I feel like Shovel Knight was plentiful for everywhere but here.
#714 Posted: 01:01:15 10/01/2016
Quote: StriderSwag
I feel like Shovel Knight was plentiful for everywhere but here.

Same. I literally called every store in my area and even inconvenient but still reachable areas. None of them had it.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#715 Posted: 02:35:12 12/01/2016
Shovel Knight is in stock online at several major retailers.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ni...2&skuId=4480901

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/s...t-amiibo/127538

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shovel-Knight-Ambiio/49226340

Thought process is that stores got short-shipped so that online sales could be used to direct limited stock direct to customers on what, admittedly, is a somewhat niche character.
#716 Posted: 03:40:30 12/01/2016
My Shovel Knight came in today.
---
#717 Posted: 15:48:19 12/01/2016
Picked up a Charizard, a Captain Falcon, and a Japanese Lucas at a secondhand game store yesterday.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#718 Posted: 22:00:53 12/01/2016
I won't get more amiibos until a dedicated game for them (sort of DI and Skylanders) is announced.

*walks out*
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#719 Posted: 04:04:03 13/01/2016
There was a rumour not too long ago about a free to play amiibo game coming out and it turns out it was real.

---
#720 Posted: 04:25:31 13/01/2016
There was a rumour not too long ago about a free to play amiibo game coming out and it turns out it was real.

I feel like this is only going to support the Mario amiibos and not ones like Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, and Legend of Zelda, so that disappoints me.

EDIT: I was right.

Quote:
– If you use anything other than Mario and Donkey Kong series (Kid Icarus, Link, etc.) the toy character will default into a generic robot named “Mini Spec”

I want one that can support ones other than just Mario and DK, dammit. Since it's just the Mario and DK ones, I probably won't bother getting it. I'm not invested whatsoever in the Mario or DK series. But hey, at least sonicbrawler probably will get to play as Rosalina.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:29:41 13/01/2016 by StriderSwag
#721 Posted: 05:06:07 13/01/2016
Why yes the best character is in the game. :V

[User Posted Image]

In all seriousness though, normally, I don't have any interest in Mario VS Donkey Kong. I have played them but never completed them or anything and I have never actually bought one as they are not the sort of game I would want to put down money for.

However, this is supposedly free to play, and your only paywall is the amiibo. But since I already have all of the Mario & DK characters anyway, I can just pick up the game for free and play it with no problem. And what's even better is that each character has a unique ability with exclusive special stages that you can find with them that use that ability. That's actually a cool gameplay mechanic that makes the Mario VS Donkey Kong formula more interesting, especially given the amount of characters.

So I am reasonably looking forward to the game.

As for other games that use amiibo, Fire Emblem Fates has extensive amiibo support for the FE characters, and I am playing through Codename STEAM right now and finding them useful there too. Lucina and Robin are mainstays of my squad.
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#722 Posted: 05:34:57 13/01/2016
I quite enjoy the Mini Mario games and am kind of excited for this. Although I am disappointed it's only for Mario characters. First thought was getting to play with Mini ROB, Shulk, and FEs. Oh well, I still have Rosalina, Luigi, & Toad.

Although this is just making me want a Pauline Amiibo. Looks like the true star of the Mini Mario games is missing this time around.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:39:35 13/01/2016 by Seiki
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#723 Posted: 05:36:15 13/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Why yes the best character is in the game. :V

What are you talking about? Waluigi's not in this game...

Regardless, I agree. I've played a previous Mario VS Donkey Kong game and while I liked it, it isn't really what I want out of the Amiibo-based game we were hearing rumors about. For right now however it's good enough and since it's free I can't have many complaints. I'll be on the look out for when this comes out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:44:59 13/01/2016 by LunarDistortion
#724 Posted: 05:50:48 13/01/2016
As for other games that use amiibo, Fire Emblem Fates has extensive amiibo support for the FE characters, and I am playing through Codename STEAM right now and finding them useful there too. Lucina and Robin are mainstays of my squad.

Yeah, I know. It's one of the reasons I'm so hyped for Fates.

I just wish other amiibo I really like (i.e. Shulk, Toon Link, Inkling Girl, Shovel Knight) had more interesting amiibo support. I know Shovel Knight has the whole custom knight mode, and Splatoon has the amiibo challenges, but I'd like things like the Mario Maker costumes, and this but with characters outside of Mario and DK.

Oh well, the least I can do is be happy for those of you who will enjoy this. I got Corrin in Smash, you guys can have your Mario and DK glory moment.
#725 Posted: 06:05:23 13/01/2016

Yeah, I know. It's one of the reasons I'm so hyped for Fates.

I just wish other amiibo I really like (i.e. Shulk, Toon Link, Inkling Girl, Shovel Knight) had more interesting amiibo support. I know Shovel Knight has the whole custom knight mode, and Splatoon has the amiibo challenges, but I'd like things like the Mario Maker costumes, and this but with characters outside of Mario and DK.

Oh well, the least I can do is be happy for those of you who will enjoy this. I got Corrin in Smash, you guys can have your Mario and DK glory moment.

I will very much enjoy this. I own four of the games and quite enjoy the series. I do agree on a wish for more support, but am still happy. (Now where's my Pauline Amiibo dammit?!?!)
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#726 Posted: 09:05:49 13/01/2016
Quite dissapointing, this wasn't but I was expecting. They need a game like skylanders where all amiibos are playable thorugh the same story. I know there are there 2D games which are great out there, but honestly, there's so much potential for a 3D amiibo game, it just hurts to see how they are not talking out all the potential of their figures. A pity.
---
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#727 Posted: 11:29:45 13/01/2016
Mario vs Donkey Kong is one of my favourite game series, so I'm really excited about this. I always like more games to use my amiibo figures in, too. And all the characters having unique abilities is really awesome.

Also, Mini Bowser Jr. is too adorable for words. <3
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:30:32 13/01/2016 by FireMeowth
#728 Posted: 15:48:18 13/01/2016
Quote: angelg
Quite dissapointing, this wasn't but I was expecting. They need a game like skylanders where all amiibos are playable thorugh the same story. I know there are there 2D games which are great out there, but honestly, there's so much potential for a 3D amiibo game, it just hurts to see how they are not talking out all the potential of their figures. A pity.

Exactly this. The only problem with that is the licensing. Even if we did get a game that could utilize amiibo like that, Pokemon is extremely picky with what the amiibos can be used for, and it seems like it'd be pretty difficult to get the third parties from Smash (i.e. Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta) and any other third party characters that have amiibo (i.e. Shovel Knight and any other amiibo similar to him).

As much as I'd like to see it happen, I don't think it will. At the very most we'll probably get something similar to Disney Infinity, where you make levels and stuff but there's no single story.
#729 Posted: 22:13:47 13/01/2016
Quote: angelg

Exactly this. The only problem with that is the licensing. Even if we did get a game that could utilize amiibo like that, Pokemon is extremely picky with what the amiibos can be used for, and it seems like it'd be pretty difficult to get the third parties from Smash (i.e. Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta) and any other third party characters that have amiibo (i.e. Shovel Knight and any other amiibo similar to him).

As much as I'd like to see it happen, I don't think it will. At the very most we'll probably get something similar to Disney Infinity, where you make levels and stuff but there's no single story.

You broke my heart all of a sudden smilie
---
#730 Posted: 15:32:07 15/01/2016
[User Posted Image]

Got my Shovel Knight starter kit.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#731 Posted: 15:59:11 15/01/2016
*sits patiently waiting for Bayonetta amiibo*
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#732 Posted: 17:00:05 15/01/2016
Guess which amiibo I stupidly imported early.

I may or may not have named him "Tough,Cool" because of linked video oops.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#733 Posted: 02:52:28 16/01/2016
I'm pretty excited about the new Mario vs DK, especially since you get it free with an amiibo (in japan at least, hope US is the same), but I just wish they'd give other amiibo besides the Mario ones more compatibility. Maybe they could make some compatibility where tapping it earns you a new playable character, like in Codename Steam. Maybe the next Kirby game could give you Dedede and Meta Knight as actual characters, or perhaps using Samus in Federation Force earns you her powers or even lets you play as her. Though knowing Nintendo, they'll probably just give more Mii costumes because it's what EVERYONE is asking for, right?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:52:53 16/01/2016 by TrapShadowFan
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#734 Posted: 15:18:20 16/01/2016
I hope that in Pokken Tournament, which is coming out sometime this spring, we can use the different Pokémon Amiibos to do something useful. Maybe for Lucario, Charizard, Pikachu, and Mewtwo they could have them boost their respective fighters, while with Jigglypuff and Greninja we would get a special boost that can apply with all fighters, albeit not as strong as the other four. It would at least encourage me to get the other Pokémon Amiibo (only have Pikachu...why does Lucario have to be so expensive!).
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#735 Posted: 15:48:13 16/01/2016
Quote: zookinator
I hope that in Pokken Tournament, which is coming out sometime this spring, we can use the different Pokémon Amiibos to do something useful. Maybe for Lucario, Charizard, Pikachu, and Mewtwo they could have them boost their respective fighters, while with Jigglypuff and Greninja we would get a special boost that can apply with all fighters, albeit not as strong as the other four. It would at least encourage me to get the other Pokémon Amiibo (only have Pikachu...why does Lucario have to be so expensive!).

Alternate costumes perhaps?
#736 Posted: 16:18:48 16/01/2016
Quote: somePerson

Alternate costumes perhaps?

you get to have a mii fighter and you dress the mii fighter in those costumes
#737 Posted: 16:59:00 16/01/2016

This is why I'm predicting they'll put Greninja and Jigglypuff in Pokken.
---
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#738 Posted: 17:30:30 16/01/2016
I started getting into Amiibo last Christmas, when I was given Super Mario Maker and a few amiibo to go with it. Here's what I have:

[User Posted Image]

I was given two of the same Mario from two of my family, so I customized one of them and put it in an Amiibo display case. The Peach and Inkling amiibo are the two I have bought myself so far, though the first Amiibo I bought was Sonic, but it was for someone on his birthday.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#739 Posted: 19:32:04 16/01/2016
Stopped in Best Buy and got Fox. No particular reason why.
---
#740 Posted: 19:45:58 16/01/2016

As for Lucario being expensive, all of the Pokemon Amiibo are supposed to get a restock for Pokemon's anniversary. I think around 2/27....
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#741 Posted: 21:08:40 16/01/2016
[User Posted Image]

100% NA, First Print, MiB. Have non-Smash ones in a different display... but I just love these. Lucas on the 22nd. :D
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#742 Posted: 00:13:42 17/01/2016
Nice collection!
---
words. letters. filler.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#743 Posted: 00:36:47 17/01/2016
So I heard my Walmart had the amiibo end level display, so I went over there (only because I was absolutely desperate) and it wasn't on the shelf. I asked the employee if they had any in the back and showed the picture and the listing on their site that said they had it, but she went full on Consuela as she pointed to the literal amiibo store display saying "N-no, no... this is the only display. No others." I showed her the picture and explained what it was but she just stopped me and went "No, I'm sorry, this is the only display." I later went to Best Buy and picked it up for $20 with no hassle. Walmart is the worst.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#744 Posted: 02:24:50 17/01/2016
Shovel Knight in Mario Maker WHEN.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#745 Posted: 02:37:33 17/01/2016
Quote: Sleepy0429

Hopefully never.
---
words. letters. filler.
#746 Posted: 02:45:49 17/01/2016
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Hopefully never.

>Hopefully

They've literally got Mercedes Benz, a Feline from Monster Hunter, the badge arcade bunny, a mojang tile, and a pigeon.

I think Shovel Knight deserves a fair shake, especially since he has an amiibo.
---
#747 Posted: 02:47:41 17/01/2016
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Hopefully never.

>Hopefully

They've literally got Mercedes Benz, a Feline from Monster Hunter, the badge arcade bunny, a mojang tile, and a pigeon.

I think Shovel Knight deserves a fair shake, especially since he has an amiibo.

Hold on, Feline got in? When did this happen?
---
words. letters. filler.
First | Previous | Page 15 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21 22 23

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me