darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night > The Eternal Night's Story (What we know and what we think will happen)...
Page 1 of 1
The Eternal Night's Story (What we know and what we think will happen)... [CLOSED]
Neal Yellow Sparx Gems: 1091
#1 Posted: 05:46:10 12/06/2007 | Topic Creator
I posted this on Wikipedia then saw their new policy on speculation (they used to just warn visitors speculation was possible now they ask it not be posted at all). So here it is, feel free to comment:

Stroy:

The legend continues in the second installment of the Legend of Spyro trilogy with the Ape King Gaul arriving at the Temple of Souls in an effort to usher in a new age of darkness. Gaul is believed to be going there to resurrect the Dark Master and Spyro and Ignitus must beat him to the chase. As Spyro, players must unlock the secrets behind a series of strange visions that he is having and find the power to defeat this terrifying new force. The small dragon is not only afflicted in his new adventure by strange visions, but must also recognize that his adversaries want to bring the world into an age of darkness before it is too late. It seems as if the visions are hindering him in some way. Fans speculate that now that Cynder is good again someone else must come unleash the Dark Master. 'The Temple of Souls' sounds like the place to do it and the Ape King the one to do it. Some fans speculate Spyro, Sparx, and Cynder going to visit Sparx’s parents early in the adventure. This idea has been formed from a picture of the three in the same swamp that Spyro grew up in.

Moves:

Returning moves include a bullet time clone called 'Dragon Time' which can be used to avoid hostile situations with enemies and be used in puzzles.

New Combos Include: Comet Dash, Artic Blow, Earth Pound and Electric Spin.

Upgrades include Ice Bombs and Lightning Balls.

German game news sites describe ‘Centrifuges’ which are believed to be the term for breaths. If this is true, than Ice and Electric breath are confirmed to be returning.

Characters:

The main villain appears to be an Ape King who leads a pirate gang who is named Gaul. Some of the pirates appear more similar to dogs or wolves however in screenshots.

There seems to be a boss character named Skabb too, however this may be a misunderstanding in the translation from German news sites.

Once again joining in the the fight against the evil will be Spyro's faithful companions, the speedy dragonfly Sparx and Spyro's Mentor, the wise Ignitus. Cynder who has seemed to joined Spyro now that she is good again (fans believe she was probably posessed or under control of the Dark Master) is theoried to become playable in this sequel.

Gameplay:

Sites describe The Eternal Night as “Jump N' Run” in Format (which may be another term for platformer).

Title Analysis:

The Eternal Night is believed to be one of two things: A unque night in which the Dark Master must use to return to life or an Eternal Nighttime that would take over the world similar to the perpetual winter in the Chronicles of Narnia.
Michael Yellow Sparx Gems: 1326
#2 Posted: 09:59:37 12/06/2007
You've written all of that on the Wikipedia? Well, I hate to be mean, but the way your story is made out of only tidbits of information and is, of course, speculation, I'm sadly going to have to undo all of your edits. The Wikipedia only puts down specualtion that has a source, for example, the tabloid newspaper, the Sun, thinks that the character of Mr. Saxon in Doctor Who will turn out to be the Master. While specualtion, it is sourced and reliable at that. Also, your story is taken from translatrions of non-English sites. To edit things such as plots, you must have an official translation. I'm sorry to do this, but as a Wikipedian, it's my job.
Zekira G Drake Green Sparx Gems: 133
#3 Posted: 13:02:53 12/06/2007
Other better reference? I think this was translated from a German site and re-grammared... I dunno.

And maybe lack of info... because I can't believe that there was little mention about Cynder. smilie
---
I am Zekira G. Drake, Playstation Game Conqueror! Want to be one of my apprentices?
#4 Posted: 13:56:26 12/06/2007
Well, I have put back in a plot section into the Wikipedia article, but only becauce you had an English source(Megamers.com).
#5 Posted: 16:07:15 12/06/2007 | Topic Creator
Michael,

I should have finished explaining in my first post that I had deleted all speculation from my wikipedia article. I began to when I said:

>>>

I posted this on Wikipedia then saw their new policy on speculation (they used to just warn visitors speculation was possible now they ask it not be posted at all). So here it is, feel free to comment:

<<<

...but didn't continue to explain that I had then gotten rid of anything questionable. I don't see why german sites should be so touchy, not all things translate correctly but more than not does translate correct.
spyrolifacent Fodder
#6 Posted: 19:24:31 12/06/2007
i already no what is going to happen
#7 Posted: 19:29:34 12/06/2007
What?
#8 Posted: 19:56:12 12/06/2007 | Topic Creator
Was your "what?" directed and me or Spyrolifacent?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#9 Posted: 20:03:20 12/06/2007
My guess is it was directed at spyrolifacent... <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#10 Posted: 20:05:31 12/06/2007
At Spyrolifacent.
#11 Posted: 23:25:06 12/06/2007 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I don't want to be a wikipedia polluter. I just did not see it as a big deal.
redthedragon Blue Sparx Gems: 831
#12 Posted: 21:01:43 25/06/2007
It sounds gothic.
spyro_lover17 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1398
#13 Posted: 11:56:34 29/06/2007
spyrolifacent WHAT HAPPENS! and how did you ind out
Last edited at 11:56:55 29/06/2007 by spyro_lover17
Ice King Fodder
#14 Posted: 23:22:59 30/06/2007
What does The Dark Master look like???
Last edited at 23:27:55 30/06/2007 by dark52
Spyrodude25 Blue Sparx Gems: 929
#15 Posted: 23:24:18 01/07/2007
I hope Ignitus is playabal!!!!
---
smilie and smilie don't like each other!
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#16 Posted: 11:45:48 02/07/2007
I think he will be playable because I saw a screenshot of him preforming the fire fury
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
Dragginwings Gold Sparx Gems: 2279
#17 Posted: 21:59:58 02/07/2007
Me too!
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#18 Posted: 20:26:27 03/07/2007
i cant w8 no longer, i HAVE to play TEN! i no its not out or maybe even not finished, but...*squeals*
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#19 Posted: 21:59:09 03/07/2007
I can't wait. I'm going to get this and Crash of the Titans.
Last edited at 21:59:27 03/07/2007 by Michael
Lunya Red Sparx Gems: 23
#20 Posted: 01:13:10 04/07/2007
i can't wait too.But i wait for Spyro!!
---
Ignitus: May the Ancestors look after you. May they look after us all.
Lunya-You belive on this?o.o
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#21 Posted: 23:42:09 05/08/2007
spyro what a fent dont you mean malificent *kingdom hearts
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
Spyrogirl413 Red Sparx Gems: 48
#22 Posted: 23:01:58 14/08/2007
OMG I NEED TO GET TEN!!!!!!!!!!!! and if Cynder is playable, I'm going to scream! acutally, I already did when I heard about it, but if she really is, I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!! EEEEE!!!! LOL I LOVE LITTLE CYNDER! smilie smilie smilie smilie
---
Hi! I love bunnies, dogs, cats, tamagotchis, Spyro, and bunnies!!! ^>^ I am Spyrofan12345 and Spyrofan123 on my other account. smilie
#23 Posted: 15:57:05 15/08/2007
yayayayayayayyayayayayayayyayayaaaaaaaaaaaaay
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#24 Posted: 17:14:11 15/08/2007
Quote: Spyrogirl413
OMG I NEED TO GET TEN!!!!!!!!!!!! and if Cynder is playable, I'm going to scream! acutally, I already did when I heard about it, but if she really is, I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!! EEEEE!!!! LOL I LOVE LITTLE CYNDER! smilie smilie smilie smilie

Calm down! Yes, this game should hopefully be interesting. And longer than its predecessor.

Now just keep cheering, while I call my nice friends in the white suits to get the straight jacket. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
RedWelshDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#25 Posted: 18:58:46 15/08/2007
I think I started shouting at the TV once when they announced that the pokemon Diamond and Pearl games were on DS and not GBA, but I never exactly leap for joy when there's a new game out. If it's new it means I spend more money on it - I usually buy preowned games or sale ones.

And cut the men in white suits thing out.
---
College is a refuge from hasty judgement.

Definition of a college lecturer: someone who talks in other peoples sleep.
#26 Posted: 20:42:14 15/08/2007
gamestop or gamerush what store?
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me