Page 1 of 1
Trophy Prices? What do you think?
Vathekblackbelt Green Sparx Gems: 129
#1 Posted: 19:54:33 24/07/2015 | Topic Creator
How much do you think that a villain Trophy will cost?
---
This account stopped..
Spyro7850 Gold Sparx Gems: 2656
#2 Posted: 20:10:42 24/07/2015
$50.

Wait, are you talking about retail, or eBay?
---
#1 Roller Brawl fan
"Ness, you'll always be the best character in Smash."
-Brawl in the Family, Comic #599
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#3 Posted: 20:43:40 24/07/2015
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 21:31:34 24/07/2015
I agree with skylandersspyro.

They are basically this year's Adventure Packs.
A SuperCharger, his/her vehicle and a Trophy.

They might be greedy and price them like Expansion Packs (29,99€/$) but I don't see it happening.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#5 Posted: 21:45:48 24/07/2015
Quote: Drek95
I agree with skylandersspyro.

They are basically this year's Adventure Packs.
A SuperCharger, his/her vehicle and a Trophy.

They might be greedy and price them like Expansion Packs (29,99€/$) but I don't see it happening.

Well, they did raise the price just because they felt like it...
---
Dead
#6 Posted: 21:57:54 24/07/2015
That's also true... Oh, wait they have reasons for the characters' higher prices.
Big, shiny and metallic reasons... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#7 Posted: 22:01:07 24/07/2015
Quote: Drek95
That's also true... Oh, wait they have reasons for the characters' higher prices.
Big, shiny and metallic reasons... smilie

but superchargers have gates!!!!!!! - VV
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#8 Posted: 22:14:34 24/07/2015
And they are also the only one to be able to mod vehicles!
Oh, wait!
All the SuperChargers can do it so once I have one there is no reason to charge the others more than regular Cores.

And guess what?
During on foot gameplay they apparently are just the same as Cores.
They are only different when it comes to vehicles.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10064
#9 Posted: 22:15:58 24/07/2015
Don't taunt Acti, Drek, we know what they did last time we said a gimmicklander is exactly like a core outside of a certain area. If we have Elemental Supercharger/Vehicle Gates/Areas no one will want to see the time most people who refuse to buy all new elements of a gimmick having to farm Random Luck Chests.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:17:21 24/07/2015 by Bifrost
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#10 Posted: 22:22:55 24/07/2015
25$ is not realistic. One can see the prices for european retailers on the internet. Should be at least 34,99€/$ for a Racing Action Pack.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:23:36 24/07/2015 by myskylanders
#11 Posted: 22:32:04 24/07/2015
But Trap Masters are still more unique.

They can break Traptanium and deal extra damages to trappable villains which I don't think can be considered as "special areas".

35€$...?!
Good Eon, I feel better now that I know how much I will save by buying Golden Queen Trophy on eBay.
Won't be the same for the Sky Trophy though.

Ouch. X/
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:12:53 25/07/2015 by Drek95
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#12 Posted: 23:16:11 24/07/2015
I'd say maybe 27.99 Or 29.99
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#13 Posted: 00:34:46 25/07/2015
If I were a betting man, and I am not, I would say $29.99. I am fairly certain they will not go lower than that as a retail price.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#14 Posted: 00:38:06 25/07/2015
Quote: griswoldthunder
If I were a betting man, and I am not, I would say $29.99. I am fairly certain they will not go lower than that as a retail price.

Paying more, getting less. What's there not to love? People are "fine" with that price ONLY because of the Trap Team guys being in the light/dark packs?
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#15 Posted: 02:11:37 25/07/2015
its already costing to much if you ask me...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#16 Posted: 13:05:18 25/07/2015
Are we sure the trophies won't be sold separately? And do we know what the trophy actually does in game yet?

Seems like a lot of jumping to conclusions here if not. Kinda strange to through Acti down off of someone's WAG.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#17 Posted: 15:23:28 25/07/2015
Quote: melvimbe
Are we sure the trophies won't be sold separately? And do we know what the trophy actually does in game yet?

Seems like a lot of jumping to conclusions here if not. Kinda strange to through Acti down off of someone's WAG.

No and no. That's part of the problem. We're left with only speculations since they haven't confirmed a damn thing when it comes to Trophies, in game systems, pvp, and a bunch of other crap.

I'm kind of in the same camp though, as far as them not being sold individually. I think it would defeat the purpose of them being bundled with other Super Charger and vehicle combo packs. We've only seen the Dark Starter Trophy and the Golden Queen packed with Gill Grunt and Reef Ripper. It's a safe assumption that others will follow. I have tons of questions though. Are the track unlocks, is there even racing in the core game for Sony, Microsoft and Wii U? Can we race as other villains? Or is only Kaos special in that we get to control him...if we actually get to control him. Trophies can simply be bot racers (I prey they aren't). In short what the hell do Trophies actually do!?!
#18 Posted: 16:55:57 25/07/2015
I understand the drive to speculate when you want information and it isn't available. However, when folks start taking the consensus speculation as fact, then it's ridiculous. Whatever happen to just wait and see? The game doesn't come out for almost 2 more months. We know that quite a few of these questions will be answered before release. For the questions that aren't answered, are they going to impact your buying decision? If not, then no worries.

Personally, I know I'm buying a dark starter pack, and likely gett ing the sea pack (or whatever they call it) based on what we know right now. So while I'm hopefully for positive answers to these questions, I'm in regardless.
#19 Posted: 18:44:29 25/07/2015
I understand the drive to speculate when you want information and it isn't available. However, when folks start taking the consensus speculation as fact, then it's ridiculous. Whatever happen to just wait and see? The game doesn't come out for almost 2 more months. We know that quite a few of these questions will be answered before release. For the questions that aren't answered, are they going to impact your buying decision? If not, then no worries.

Personally, I know I'm buying a dark starter pack, and likely gett ing the sea pack (or whatever they call it) based on what we know right now. So while I'm hopefully for positive answers to these questions, I'm in regardless.

Personally I don't understand this mentality when it comes to information. No my world will not end but it still leaves a negative impression. I also personally feel that if you're willing to ask people to pre-order your product you should also be willing to share as much information as possible regarding said product. I'm personally planning on taking my time collecting them all but it's still insulting that they don't feel the need to confirm in game toys that they feel the need to hype now. Disney and Lego have been completely transparent and giving us as much info. as we can handle when it comes to the toys and in game features and one of them is a new comer to toys to life. If Infinity rolls over tomorrow I doubt it will hurt Disney Corp. in any way. The same goes for Lego in that they are already the highest selling toy brand in the world and if Dimensions fails I doubt it will hurt that much. I bring this up because a popular argument for Activision not caring is that they don't have to already being to dog. Well neither does Disney or Lego and yet they still feel the need to share and hype with actual information (which we've been getting for months). So no Activision doesn't need to share but they should want to.
#20 Posted: 20:52:04 25/07/2015
I suppose we aren't going to agree on this. I'm not insulted by anything activision does. Not worth my effort. Perhaps it would be a better marketing strategy to be more informative, but holding things back has worked pretty well for them so far. Apparently, being informative hasn't helped DI much. We shall see on Lego.

But that really isn't the point. Activision only owes me to deliver on the products I've bought, they don't owe me future products. They are going to produce products I don't care for, or that I wish they had delivered differently. It's not an insult to me. It doesn't mean they are incompetent either. I wouldn't even call it greedy. It's business. I don't see why that should want to please me, if it's not the right business decision.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#21 Posted: 21:20:53 25/07/2015
I don't like the secretive nature of the racing packs plus the kaos trophy. As previously mentioned it's been of a farce if they are not going to tell customers the full details of them. They have the responsibility to inform us if the trophies will be a good investment for you or not.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#22 Posted: 22:46:47 25/07/2015
I'm guessing $29.99 for the cost as well. The character and vehicle alone are like 28 bucks alone when bought singly.
#23 Posted: 10:54:09 26/07/2015
Quote: Snap Shot
I don't like the secretive nature of the racing packs plus the kaos trophy. As previously mentioned it's been of a farce if they are not going to tell customers the full details of them. They have the responsibility to inform us if the trophies will be a good investment for you or not.

They're going to tell us before it's released, I have no doubt about that. They always have. But honestly, think about what you're saying. Activision has a responsibility to inform? No, they do not. They could make all the figures blind bags if they wanted to. It would be horribly bad business, but they have no responsibility to tell you everything about a product two months before the product is released.

Not really trying to pick on you, and understand that you might be exaggerating, but it does seem like we often go from wanting Activision to do something...to thinking Activision should do something....to Activision has obligation to do something. The first 2 are opinions and the 3rd is fact. To me at least, it's important to not blur the lines.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5379
#24 Posted: 15:57:27 26/07/2015
Not really trying to pick on you, and understand that you might be exaggerating, but it does seem like we often go from wanting Activision to do something...to thinking Activision should do something....to Activision has obligation to do something. The first 2 are opinions and the 3rd is fact. To me at least, it's important to not blur the lines.

This statement pretty perfectly sums up how I feel about certain people's attitudes towards Activision. Or towards companies in general.
---
Boop me if you see this.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#25 Posted: 16:12:46 26/07/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
its already costing to much if you ask me...

Nobody did.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#26 Posted: 16:14:07 26/07/2015
Ehhh some of us care and some of us don't. No one side is going to change the others mindset and frankly I'm not looking to. Just venting my own frustrations. Lots of franchises provide a steady flow of information regarding their product regardless of needing or not needing to. I seriously doubt that Star Wars: The Force Awakens needs any advertising. Or Star Wars Battlefront. Yet they still keep cranking out new trailers, footage, etc. So again I don't think saying "oh we're so big we don't need to tell anyone anything about our product" isn't a valid marketing decision. I think they've simply chosen to not care and believe we'll buy them all regardless. It doesn't strike anyone else as odd they that they haven't confirmed pvp or what online actually involves this close to launch? Those are basic game features and they have yet to confirm pvp or say what online will fully involve (I think co-op was confirmed but nothing on pvp, racing, etc.). If it's not there just say so, why the avoidance to the question? If it turns out that they reveal some super secret pvp standalone game then o.k. sure, but if not it just seems dumb to not confirm this now.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#27 Posted: 16:21:55 26/07/2015
Quote: Muffin Man

This statement pretty perfectly sums up how I feel about certain people's attitudes towards Activision. Or towards companies in general.

And what are they doing to make sure the environment isn't harmed making these figures? They have a corporate responsibility here... smilie
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5379
#28 Posted: 03:44:45 27/07/2015
I'm sure Skylanders will have no lasting effect on the environment...surely at some point they will finally become unfrozen somehow and return to Skylands without the need of a Portal Master.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:45:10 27/07/2015 by Muffin Man
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me