darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Dark edition preorder for Wii now up at TRUS
Page 1 of 1
Dark edition preorder for Wii now up at TRUS
Spyro5723 Red Sparx Gems: 87
#1 Posted: 09:34:02 24/07/2015 | Topic Creator
For anyone interested the preorder is now up.
SkylanderGoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1195
#2 Posted: 10:47:40 24/07/2015
Thanks, I was able to preorder mine online.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#3 Posted: 13:48:19 24/07/2015
I got mine yesterday.
---
Dead
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#4 Posted: 15:41:24 24/07/2015
I'm wondering why they don't have $1 preorder cards at my local TRUs. I don't want to buy at full price at this moment...
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#5 Posted: 15:47:25 24/07/2015
Quote: lordexodus
I'm wondering why they don't have $1 preorder cards at my local TRUs. I don't want to buy at full price at this moment...

I can pretty much guarantee you that you WILL pay full price for the Dark Starters, unless you wait it out for someone to ditch it second hand on eBay. There's been absolutely no precedence for any retail discounting for the dark starters.
HuskerfanChuck Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#6 Posted: 17:27:09 24/07/2015
I think he meant that he wanted to pay the $1 locally to reserve one now and then pay the full price on 9/20, and that he didn't want to pay full price up front. Not that he expected a discount. :-)
---
HuskerfanChuck

Repping the Light, Huskers, and Nebraska!
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#7 Posted: 17:27:22 24/07/2015
Quote:
There's been absolutely no precedence for any retail discounting for the dark starters.

Except for the TRU BOGO40-50% for Skylander merchandise at launch.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#8 Posted: 18:08:59 24/07/2015
Quote: GamerDrone
Quote:
There's been absolutely no precedence for any retail discounting for the dark starters.

Well there is precedence for better pre-order offers not to mention last year if you went to the midnight opening you got a free adventure pack if you bought it.
Dadskylanders Yellow Sparx Gems: 1410
#9 Posted: 02:19:24 25/07/2015
I went to my local TRU and they had the cards hidden near the TrapTeam kiosk. My son found them dispite the fact that 3 employees, including a manager, said that they had no idea what i was talking about. Reserved mine for a $1
---
Father of future gamers
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#10 Posted: 02:26:07 25/07/2015
why do you want to to pay extra for painted dark figurines that do the same?... its waste of money, they dont make a different in the game at all....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
SkylanderGoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1195
#11 Posted: 02:43:33 25/07/2015
You get an extra vehicle plus you get the Kaos Trophy and if that's anything like the kaos trap it's well worth it
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#12 Posted: 02:55:10 25/07/2015
yeah sure paying extra that was not costing you anything in the last year game.. sure its well worth it.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#13 Posted: 03:05:47 25/07/2015
CountMoneyBone, you said you "got out" of Skylanders so maybe you should do the same from this Skylanders forum. You're on every current thread just pissing on things.

Hunters, please assist.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#14 Posted: 03:21:01 25/07/2015
Quote: AzureStarline
CountMoneyBone, you said you "got out" of Skylanders so maybe you should do the same from this Skylanders forum. You're on every current thread just pissing on things.

Hunters, please assist.

+1.

It is getting a little ridiculous with repeating same negative comments in every thread.
benccisne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1199
#15 Posted: 03:39:15 25/07/2015
I bought it all and I don't care! Love me some skylanders!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#16 Posted: 03:43:05 25/07/2015
Quote: defpally
Quote:

Well there is precedence for better pre-order offers not to mention last year if you went to the midnight opening you got a free adventure pack if you bought it.

The context of my statement was in regards to the Dark Starter. I guess if you want to buy two, you can get a good "deal" with those BOGOs. Just saying I've never seen a "sale" on Dark Starters per se. I'm happy to retract if there was, but I never saw any.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:44:53 25/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#17 Posted: 13:21:11 25/07/2015
GameStop (shudders) had sales on Swap Force Dark Starter Packs down to $30.
BUT there have never been console exclusive SkyLanders in the Dark Starter Packs before, but still hoping TRU will have a midnight launch sale ala Trap Team.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#18 Posted: 15:59:20 25/07/2015
I just went to TRU yesterday and got the last pre-order SSC Dark Edition Wii Starter Pack card. Anyone who finds the last ones are always considered lucky.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#19 Posted: 17:04:37 25/07/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

The context of my statement was in regards to the Dark Starter. I guess if you want to buy two, you can get a good "deal" with those BOGOs. Just saying I've never seen a "sale" on Dark Starters per se. I'm happy to retract if there was, but I never saw any.

You're quick to point out there's no sales, but the more savvy members on this forum know from past experience that the dark editions are included in TRU launch sales (ideal for getting the Wii TRU exclusive dark edition) and that Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked is a great way to get them for 20% off. How about helping the DarkSpyro community with helpful tips rather than creating negative hype by saying "absolutely no precedence for any retail discounting."
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#20 Posted: 08:21:26 27/07/2015
Quote: mastermc54

You're quick to point out there's no sales, but the more savvy members on this forum know from past experience that the dark editions are included in TRU launch sales (ideal for getting the Wii TRU exclusive dark edition) and that Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked is a great way to get them for 20% off. How about helping the DarkSpyro community with helpful tips rather than creating negative hype by saying "absolutely no precedence for any retail discounting."

I always post the same thing, though. Dark starters never go on sale. There might be sales on launch day where the starter is included, but it isn't great, or even worth mentioning. And, in a way, you don't get the dark starter at a discount. If it's a BOGO deal, then you're paying full price for the dark starter and getting a discount on another item. If you are buying two dark starter packs, then you might be getting a bit of a discount, but how many people are buying two? Beyond that, the dark starter never goes on sale. It's not included in any Black Friday sales, for sure. People like to say that it's worth the extra $25 for the extra item or two, but it's not, and definitely not worth the extra $65 when compared to the Black Friday sales on the regular starter pack. We had planned on getting the dark starter pack, last year, when it was announced that it would be everywhere and not just GameStop, but just went with the regular edition because the dark starter never went on sale.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#21 Posted: 18:38:28 27/07/2015
Quote: obidawsn
Quote: mastermc54

I always post the same thing, though. Dark starters never go on sale. There might be sales on launch day where the starter is included, but it isn't great, or even worth mentioning. And, in a way, you don't get the dark starter at a discount. If it's a BOGO deal, then you're paying full price for the dark starter and getting a discount on another item. If you are buying two dark starter packs, then you might be getting a bit of a discount, but how many people are buying two? Beyond that, the dark starter never goes on sale. It's not included in any Black Friday sales, for sure. People like to say that it's worth the extra $25 for the extra item or two, but it's not, and definitely not worth the extra $65 when compared to the Black Friday sales on the regular starter pack. We had planned on getting the dark starter pack, last year, when it was announced that it would be everywhere and not just GameStop, but just went with the regular edition because the dark starter never went on sale.

Think what you want, but your point of view is of sour apples about discounts. You roll with what discounts come your way when it comes to the dark edition. Apple products such as IPads and IPhones work similarly with no "real" discounts as per your definition. If you can't afford it, then you probably shouldn't be buying it...especially any special, dark, or collectors editions of any items. In fact, if you want to talk about cost effective toys and/or video games, any Toys to Life franchise should not be included as they are ALL a poor investment in play time per dollar spent. You pointed out the obvious by saying that the dark edition isn't worth it compared to Black Friday sales on the starter pack in the $35-40 range. Sounds like you made your point that you shouldn't be in the market for a Skylanders dark starter edition this year or for future installments of the franchise due to lack of "sales."
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#22 Posted: 23:08:25 28/07/2015

black friday is the only day except for heavily discounted ones atleast one game behind like swap forces ones are now and soon trap team ones will get it too on which ever ones are left. you're not going to find them as you said normally discounted due to their price they go for. it's rare. unless you happened to snag the target deal. sometimes that happens too. only reason i bought them this time around.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:10:40 28/07/2015 by tigerdr
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me