First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
The Time-Line
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#51 Posted: 13:22:57 18/07/2015
The fact is that they do care and they proved it many times so far.
This isn't a simple kids' series is waaaay more than that.

But I'm actually quite confused as of now and would really like some explanations.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#52 Posted: 20:34:26 18/07/2015
Again, can someone point out where it was stated or implied that Super Chargers happens before Trap Team? I'm so confused right now at how people are confused regarding the time line.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10064
#53 Posted: 22:02:04 18/07/2015
Quote: Tigorus
Again, can someone point out where it was stated or implied that Super Chargers happens before Trap Team? I'm so confused right now at how people are confused regarding the time line.

Everyone assumes Traptanium is unbreakable so Kaos' arrest is final. Except it can be broken by specific stuff, and without the intro to the game or the prequel we can't say it wasn't that.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#54 Posted: 22:37:19 18/07/2015
Well Tigorus you were one of the users claiming SkyDad confirmed SuperChargers will take place right after SWAP Force and that's really the only official mention of the time-line we got so far I think.
But honestly I didn't hear it myself since I avoid any SuperCharger related video.

Traptanium isn't an excuse at all.
People need to understand there are whole chunks of it in the Skylands so one could easily break specific traps using some of those shards.
And Kaos is a Portal Master, not a simple villain or Doom Raider.
His powers could easily be waaaaay more incredible than we think.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5379
#55 Posted: 23:46:44 18/07/2015
I thought the whole deal with Traptanium was that Traptanium could destroy Traptanium? Isn't that why Trap Masters can destroy Traptanium clusters?
---
Boop me if you see this.
#56 Posted: 23:52:14 18/07/2015
Quote: Drek95
Well Tigorus you were one of the users claiming SkyDad confirmed SuperChargers will take place right after SWAP Force and that's really the only official mention of the time-line we got so far I think.
But honestly I didn't hear it myself since I avoid any SuperCharger related video.

Traptanium isn't an excuse at all.
People need to understand there are whole chunks of it in the Skylands so one could easily break specific traps using some of those shards.
And Kaos is a Portal Master, not a simple villain or Doom Raider.
His powers could easily be waaaaay more incredible than we think.

Actually Drek old buddy, you have it backwards. I really wish you'd watch these videos. What I linked was a video where Skydad basically recanted what he said about Super Chargers being after Swap Force...he took it all back since he was mistaken. No official claim in fact or implied was made by Activision or V.V. That's why I'm so confused with people knowing this, where this skewed chronological order is coming from.

In regards to Traptanium, I'd say it's hard but breakable. Point of fact(s), they carved a prison out of it, made weapons (you can't make weapons without cutting, melting, carving, etc. the base raw material) out of it and some kind of Trap mechanic existed before the Traps came to Earth (we know this since Buzz knows exactly what to do and isn't surprised at all when we use it). Traptanium seems to be like diamonds or Steel, super strong but not indestructible. So nothing here throws the time line into question.
#57 Posted: 01:00:07 19/07/2015
Oooooohm ok, so he didn't confirmed it but he actually took it back!
Thanks, now that's much more clear. smilie

Honestly almost all the infos we got so far seems to indicate this chapter will take place after the events of Trap Team: Doom Raiders being playable and free again, traps being supported, new characters which weren't playable in the previous game, previously visited locations being apparently destroyed...

I guess we all just like speculating a lot ad I would personally like a slightly more complex time-line even if I still enjoy a straightforward story too. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#58 Posted: 03:03:28 19/07/2015
Oooooohm ok, so he didn't confirmed it but he actually took it back!
Thanks, now that's much more clear. smilie

Honestly almost all the infos we got so far seems to indicate this chapter will take place after the events of Trap Team: Doom Raiders being playable and free again, traps being supported, new characters which weren't playable in the previous game, previously visited locations being apparently destroyed...

I guess we all just like speculating a lot ad I would personally like a slightly more complex time-line even if I still enjoy a straightforward story too. smilie

...And the world make since again lol...for now.

Basically all the reasons you listed. There's no reason to assume otherwise at this point.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#59 Posted: 06:16:19 19/07/2015
I picture it somewhat like the Zelda timeline, with different outcomes: In one outcome, Kaos blows up Cloudcracker prison but the doom raiders are scattered about and do their own thing, hence traps are never used, Kaos never gathers them and instead goes off to make the Doomstation out of he rubble or something like that. In the other, Trap Team happens. The way Activison pictures the timeline nowadays however, is something more along the lines of
#60 Posted: 13:30:28 19/07/2015
Pretty sure Acti doesn't care about the timeline even for money; story only matters to the devs except for where the gimmick comes in or if they try to get something they shouldn't to the kid audience.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#61 Posted: 14:15:46 19/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Pretty sure Acti doesn't care about the timeline even for money; story only matters to the devs except for where the gimmick comes in or if they try to get something they shouldn't to the kid audience.

Kids are about to be schooled about the value of money...and this ain't funny.
#62 Posted: 14:23:18 19/07/2015
....Doesn't have anything to do with anything. I meant, Acti is going to step in if they notice VV/TFB/Beenox put an obvious adult joke or took a jab at their higher ups, but otherwise they don't give a crap. Not too different from other companies though there are some dev teams who seem to run around unsupervised because it's funner that way.
---
#63 Posted: 14:34:21 19/07/2015
Hey I don't give a crap either. And the liberating thought is, now I can show them how much I don't.
#64 Posted: 16:47:46 19/07/2015
Well, very pointless to be discussing the story when you don't care about it.
---
#65 Posted: 16:50:09 19/07/2015
I'm separating the game from my disdain of their tactics. I've stopped caring for the story because it's joined the Nightmare Express into the Darklight Crypt never to be seen again.
FlashbackJon Red Sparx Gems: 62
#66 Posted: 19:06:15 19/07/2015
Wait, we know Traptanium can be broken: it's literally the very first thing that happens in Trap Team when Kaos frees the Doom Raiders from Cloudcracker Prison, which is literally built from Traptanium.

Also it's not like this series is an exception: if the writers need something to break Kaos out of his prison, they'll just do it. It only takes one sentence of exposition: "we thought traptanium was indestructible but Glumshanks found a way to break him out!"

Someone confirm for me, the only evidence we have that the timeline is anything other than release order is that Kaos is the bad guy despite being trapped by the portal master last game?
#67 Posted: 19:35:15 19/07/2015
You ruined someone's afternoon liking them to TV Tropes, FlashbackJon, just saying smilie

The Prision was broken by using the Fork of Ultimate Resonance in an amplifier that made it vibrate the same frequency as Traptanium; and Traptanium can break itself as I said before. The Ultimate Weapon is also made of the stuff though we don't see much of that under the machinery.
---
#68 Posted: 20:19:50 19/07/2015
They simply have to explain why Kaos and some (or all?) Doom Raiders are free and able to race around the Skylands.

Both can be easily explained by also saying why traps don't old villains anymore.

Example:
Kaos managed to highly reduce Traptanium's powers with the help of Glumshanks.
They didn't destroyed the crystals but weakened them to the point they couldn't hold villains anymore thus freeing Kaos, the Doom Raiders and all the previously trapped bad guys.
This power boost also encouraged Kaos to directly ally with the Darkness itself to destroy the Skylands.

The traps still have some "magic traces" of the villains they were holding thus unlocking Skystones and special powers for the vehicles.

The Doom Raiders have been scattered around the Skylands, too weak to rapresent a threat.
The most powerful and dangerous ones however have been confined inside special areas and sealed there with the help of special artifacts: the Trophies.
Some of the SuperChargers have also been choosen as keepers.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
FlashbackJon Red Sparx Gems: 62
#69 Posted: 12:57:37 20/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost
You ruined someone's afternoon liking them to TV Tropes, FlashbackJon, just saying smilie

Mission accomplished!
ppmdoesskylands Green Sparx Gems: 258
#70 Posted: 14:05:57 20/07/2015
Ok... But I sincerely don't see how that would explain why SuperChargers aren't in Trap Team if that game takes place after the event of the game they were introduced.

Doesn't have anything to do with vehicles and traps.

We are talking about previously "discovered" Skylanders not being part of the cast in a future game.
If SuperChargers does come right after SWAP Force of course.

If a Skylanders work then he/she's not useless even if he/she has been nerfed.
And I don't think Giants are weaker than Swappers... Trap Masters might be stronger but I distinctly remember my Tree Rex could still defeat my strongest Swapper realtively easily).

V.V. or Activision took a truly wrong decision by not supporting traps (and also apparently spit in our faces by releasing Trophies which apparently does the exact same function; I don't care if it's more profitable or if it's the way marketing goes that was a plain unrespectful choice).
They discontinued and heavily nerfed a line of toys which could have easily became a gold mine.

No excuses for that.

But really, we are talking about time-lines and continuity here so some nerfs here and there aren't enough to completely ditch the coherence of a series.

I don't consider myself to be "gullible" I simply consider whoever came up with those decisions to be illogical and unrespectful.
Can't blame myself for the mistakes someone else made, really.

even then spotlight guarded the core of light, (ssa) but was released in tt. also light and dark characters, different portals, and a messed up timeline were all foreshadowed through story scrolls in ssa!
---
No Pie, No Glory!
Read my story! The Drow Mage
anyone else think gold is stupid?
#71 Posted: 14:14:39 20/07/2015
Quote: ppmdoesskylands

even then spotlight guarded the core of light, (ssa) but was released in tt. also light and dark characters, different portals, and a messed up timeline were all foreshadowed through story scrolls in ssa!

Nope, with that you're just mistaken. Spotlight was around before SSA, and the destruction of the Core put everyone that's Light/Dark on their realms. With exceptions there and there all Skylanders were recruited at the time of SSA, but they're found on Earth or in Skylands at different intervals. Unless the prequel comic undoes that, the Superchargers are an exception, but they were also inacessible before since they're at the far reaches of Skylands using the rifts until needed in this game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:15:24 20/07/2015 by Bifrost
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me