Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The Time-Line
midnightmagic34 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3743
#1 Posted: 00:50:49 16/07/2015 | Topic Creator
So, recently I've heard a lot about weird release date time-line, where some games come out before/after the previous/following game. I'm pretty sure the time-line goes

Spyro's Adventure
Giants
Swap Force
SuperChargers
Trap Team

OR

Spyro's Adventure
Giants
SuperChargers
Swap Force
Trap Team.

What do you guys think?
---
I'd rather stand tall, then live on my knees, cause I am a conqueror, and I won't accept defeat! Try telling me no, one thing about me, is I am a conqueror
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#2 Posted: 00:53:37 16/07/2015
I belive it has been confirmed that this game takes place directly after Trap Team, as stated by Skydad.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#3 Posted: 00:57:16 16/07/2015 | Topic Creator
It wouldn't make sence if it did.
---
I'd rather stand tall, then live on my knees, cause I am a conqueror, and I won't accept defeat! Try telling me no, one thing about me, is I am a conqueror
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#4 Posted: 00:57:37 16/07/2015
Superchargers has NOT been confirmed to be a prequel,midquel,whatever,so it's a sequel until shown otherwise. It'll hopefully make sense when the prequel comes out, but Rift into Overdrive and IDW Season 2 confirm that it has to happen after Trap Team.

The timeline is waaay bigger than that. Let's see...

Machine of Doom - Mask of Power series - Spyro's Adventure - Lost Islands(concurrent to all games until now, but starts here) - Giants - Swap Force - IDW Comics Before 6 - Trap Team - IDW Comics 6-12 - Rift into Overdrive - Superchargers - IDW Season 2.

Battlegrounds and Cloud Patrol don't seem to have much of a set place in the storyline,the latter probably fits anywhere between Giants and Trap Team because of the Chompy Mage.

The IDW comics actually have some weird conflicts through 1-6 (the academy isn't open until Trap Team but it's fully built before the Minis even graduated?), but without going into detail it's kinda like that.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:59:06 16/07/2015 by Bifrost
#5 Posted: 01:01:38 16/07/2015 | Topic Creator
But then how would smilie and smilie be trophies/playable.
---
#6 Posted: 01:07:22 16/07/2015
Quote: midnightmagic34

We'll find out with the prequel or during the game itself. One thing doesn't disprove an entire comic series set after the final Trap Team series comics; which are already set after the game.
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#7 Posted: 01:07:42 16/07/2015
Quote: ninja9351
I belive it has been confirmed that this game takes place directly after Trap Team, as stated by Skydad.

I'd have to agree with that. Also, I still believe the Kaos that got captured from STT was his clone.
#8 Posted: 01:08:35 16/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Skydad said in his recent leak video (with Astroblast and Lava Lance Eruptor and all them) that it picks up right where SF left off.
---
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#9 Posted: 01:09:52 16/07/2015

yes but during the time of swap force and after the doom raiders including golden queen would have been in cloudcracker
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#10 Posted: 01:12:28 16/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Fair point, @sprocketrocket
---
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#11 Posted: 01:13:34 16/07/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
Quote: ninja9351

I'd have to agree with that. Also, I still believe the Kaos that got captured from STT was his clone.

Actually a Kaos Bot
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#12 Posted: 01:21:19 16/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Plus, during TT, Kaos and Glumshanks aren't fused...swapped...sorry. I just wanna know the time-line.
---
#13 Posted: 01:24:46 16/07/2015
Plus, during TT, Kaos and Glumshanks aren't fused...swapped...sorry. I just wanna know the time-line.

Kaos mentions having somehow unswapped somewhere between the two games in the Academy. Would love to give the exact quote but I'm just before the point he says it in Nightmare Mode and my other save is completed so he isn't around.
---
#14 Posted: 01:30:51 16/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Oh. Well I'm not sure...
---
#15 Posted: 01:35:05 16/07/2015
Though I'm not sure if it's the Academy before a certain level or in Wilikin Workshop. Someone mentioned it to me months ago before before that I was pretty sure TT ignored SF's ending just like SF ignored Giants'.
---
#16 Posted: 01:37:30 16/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah...
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#17 Posted: 02:53:18 16/07/2015
Why does anyone even think that SC is a prequel? Did I miss something?
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#18 Posted: 02:57:30 16/07/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael

There's no way the villains couldv'e have broken out of traptanium, so people think it's after Swap Force and before Trap Team.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:57:45 16/07/2015 by PwnageFTW
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#19 Posted: 04:12:40 16/07/2015
Quote: PwnageFTW

There's no way the villains couldv'e have broken out of traptanium, so people think it's after Swap Force and before Trap Team.

They might just explain it.
Besides, this is Activision, they might not even give an explanation
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#20 Posted: 06:40:54 16/07/2015
It at least takes place after SWAP Force because we know Cluck (and I think also Shellshock) is there and he definitely doesn't seem to know us in the third game.

And I'd says it's also after/during (somehow) the Trap Team events since Golden Queen was stuck inside Cloudcracker Prison for a long period of time before the prologue of the fourth game.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#21 Posted: 12:01:17 16/07/2015
Quote: PwnageFTW

Why is everyone assuming this wrong fact? Traptanium can be broken out of. High frequencies and Traptanium itself are just two examples. There are a ton of shards scattered across skylanders, why you all feel like it's too hard for someone to find a loose piece and whack a Trap into smithereens?
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#22 Posted: 13:15:42 16/07/2015
with super chargers and nintendo amiibos the time line just went out of orbit.. we can just hope that tfb will bring the time line back on track again. then we can just forget about the spinoff game super chargers.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#23 Posted: 13:24:06 16/07/2015
I can't even at the point someone says that Amiibolanders break the timeline. It doesn't even start making sense. But I know, I know,bait, saying grossly incorrect things just so you can bash the game in unresonable ways and get people riled up.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:25:03 16/07/2015 by Bifrost
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#24 Posted: 12:32:39 17/07/2015
I personally think it's a stand alone game that has no bearing on the others, like some kind of alternate Skylands where the events of the other games never happened.
---
^ You all know it's true
#25 Posted: 12:44:19 17/07/2015
Quote: Greeble
I personally think it's a stand alone game that has no bearing on the others, like some kind of alternate Skylands where the events of the other games never happened.

i agree with that one, super charger is pretty much a spinoff that will not fit in the time line. its best to handle it as a separate vv time line or something i think.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#26 Posted: 12:46:22 17/07/2015
Even if that makes zero sense and has no reason to happen,other than the fact you hate the game enough to believe in your own unreasonable arguments.
---
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#27 Posted: 12:46:58 17/07/2015
Maybe it takes place DURING trap team.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
#28 Posted: 12:56:54 17/07/2015
super chargers dont make sense in the first place. i just think vehicles have nothing to do in a spyro universe that skylanders is build up on. that is my opinion, i dont hate... i dont like, is the correct word you should be using. also people are allowed to disagree on here. why you sour potting about every comment i make, dont make sense. if you dont like my comment then dont bother replying.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#29 Posted: 13:04:10 17/07/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
super chargers dont make sense in the first place. i just think vehicles have nothing to do in a spyro universe that skylanders is build up on. that is my opinion, i dont hate... i dont like, is the correct word you should be using. also people are allowed to disagree on here. why you sour potting about every comment i make, dont make sense. if you dont like my comment then dont bother replying.

Man, you need to stop trying to find reasons to hate this. You hate it,we know,you don't need to throw logic out of the window to justify yourself. Trying to switch to a nicer word doesn't change the fact you seem to have a life mission to badmouth it in every opportunity even if you state outright wrong facts like they are things that happened(spinoff? vehicles can't make sense on a fantasy world?). I'm not the one being sour here, and I'll keep replying while I can correct what's mistaken so other people don't take it for truth.

MAYBE we can actually talk about the damn storyline in this thread instead of basing it on feelings?

Quote: undeadmaster

During... Wouldn't make too much sense. Between some criminals and the world being torn apart they Skylanders would have to pick priorities. Not to mention Rift into Overdrive's cover implies Know-it-All Island is destroyed, so it'd be incredibly dangerous if there were two teams acting at the same time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:05:23 17/07/2015 by Bifrost
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#30 Posted: 13:36:49 17/07/2015
CMB is a pessimist...totally get the approach. It's always good to be even handed about the game though. I'm trying to find the rainbow.

This is the first game where the business/marketing decisions may exclude my complete participation. Limiting my ability to "catch them all" with tons of packs for characters I can't play on the system I have and as of now "no cards" are just a few. However, we REALLY don't know much about this game. It feels a bit empty. Having vehicle sections isn't a great draw to me. I'm sure the rest of the game will be great, though. Shame if I decide to pull the plug in these figure shenanigans.

OK, TIMELINE....great question. Considering there's A time rift maybe we don't even KNOW. Considering Kaos's look in his vehicle I would suggest we're in a World 1, World 2 situation where there's a parallel skylands (kinda like the adventure pack in TT) that perhaps changes thing across universes.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 13:40:48 17/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#31 Posted: 14:04:40 17/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost

Man, you need to stop trying to find reasons to hate this. You hate it,we know,you don't need to throw logic out of the window to justify yourself. Trying to switch to a nicer word doesn't change the fact you seem to have a life mission to badmouth it in every opportunity even if you state outright wrong facts like they are things that happened(spinoff? vehicles can't make sense on a fantasy world?). I'm not the one being sour here, and I'll keep replying while I can correct what's mistaken so other people don't take it for truth.

MAYBE we can actually talk about the damn storyline in this thread instead of basing it on feelings?

Quote: undeadmaster

During... Wouldn't make too much sense. Between some criminals and the world being torn apart they Skylanders would have to pick priorities. Not to mention Rift into Overdrive's cover implies Know-it-All Island is destroyed, so it'd be incredibly dangerous if there were two teams acting at the same time.

The story as far as i'm aware, is that Eon selected a group of Skylanders to pilot vehicles that are able to go into a rift and battle Kaos' doom ship and that's it.

The topic is about the time line, which none of us know so all we have to go off is what we feel it actually is.

If he wants to dislike the game, that's his choice, you don't have to rise to it.
---
^ You all know it's true
#32 Posted: 14:13:18 17/07/2015
I never said he's allowed to or not, nor I'm trying to force him to like it no matter how much you guys accuse me of trying to. I just disprove what he says wrong. That was trouble last year during TT while he said he disliked Minis because they changed nothing even if they had different stats(and try saying Tree Rex plays the same as Barkley) and some people actually thought he was right, so the better choice is to say it's not like that before someone does.

On the story, it's a select group of Skylanders that can Supercharge, but any of them can drive. And from the level previews, seems like they'll have to collect more than just info to get to the Doomstation, so going by the logic of the other games all of them should be in the mission... Probably, it makes sense for gameplay but it's not really a requirement to mention they're there and not doing missions elsewhere.
---
#33 Posted: 14:58:10 17/07/2015
I never said he's allowed to or not, nor I'm trying to force him to like it no matter how much you guys accuse me of trying to. I just disprove what he says wrong. That was trouble last year during TT while he said he disliked Minis because they changed nothing even if they had different stats(and try saying Tree Rex plays the same as Barkley) and some people actually thought he was right, so the better choice is to say it's not like that before someone does.

On the story, it's a select group of Skylanders that can Supercharge, but any of them can drive. And from the level previews, seems like they'll have to collect more than just info to get to the Doomstation, so going by the logic of the other games all of them should be in the mission... Probably, it makes sense for gameplay but it's not really a requirement to mention they're there and not doing missions elsewhere.

I actually didn't accuse you of anything, others might have.

Possibly the other Skylanders are elsewhere, because from the books it mentions that they are usually split up and sent to different places.
---
^ You all know it's true
#34 Posted: 15:05:57 17/07/2015
They could, but the books usually cover smaller missions. If we had an adaptation of one of the games, it'd be much clearer to know if the missions are really so important as to require everyone, or it's really who's "avaliable"(read who you want to play as) and the rest are free to cover other stuff.
---
#35 Posted: 15:07:50 17/07/2015
They could, but the books usually cover smaller missions. If we had an adaptation of one of the games, it'd be much clearer to know if the missions are really so important as to require everyone, or it's really who's "avaliable"(read who you want to play as) and the rest are free to cover other stuff.

If only things worked like that.
---
^ You all know it's true
#36 Posted: 15:56:00 17/07/2015

just to clarify straight away i never i said i hate anything skylanders, that is your own words. after all i have bought this game for 4 years and used thousands of dollars on it. and i would not do that if i dont like what i get into... i think you should be happy there is people like me and lemon here (ghost roaster) that hold on to the reality of things among all the kids here. that say they love anything skylanders without having to pay for it. and lets be clear i have nothing against you or what opinion you have about this game. i am just stating my worries and opinions about this game franchise. this is from what i see and read of the majority of what people opinions about this franchises is on darkspyro and outside of this franchise, and of now it is not much positive to find. that is the truth of things as it is now.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#37 Posted: 17:25:21 17/07/2015
I'll end this conversation the easiest way without continuing the argument. All of my lel, I don't owe you guys anything.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:26:07 17/07/2015 by Bifrost
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#38 Posted: 17:59:25 17/07/2015
I'm kind of confused regarding the confusion when it comes to the time line. Skydad already clarified the time line thing in a video. Regarding the trophies, is it that hard to believe that if the Doom Raiders were playable in Traps why not with a Trap version 2.0 in the name of Trophies? Maybe you can only play as Kaos after you beat the game. Maybe the other Doom Raiders chose to remain good. The point is we don't know until they reveal more. Either way they none of that calls the time line in question, at least not to me.
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#39 Posted: 18:18:37 17/07/2015
Soooo we have to pay twice for a character?
#40 Posted: 19:01:46 17/07/2015
Bifrost brought up a really interesting point.
Apparently Know it All Island is being destroyed... In the prequel comic.
How can this all happen after SWAP Force (which indeed takes place before Trap Team) if a location we visit in the fourth game is being destroyed before the events of the fifth one...?

Unless they are tricking us hard and Know it All Island is actually being transported inside the Skylands on the comic cover, thus appearing regularly in Trap Team (and I won't lie it would be a nice explanation for the statues' otherworldy powers and nature) I don't think SuperChargers is a Trap Team prequel.

Not to mention it wouldn't explain how we aren't able to play as the SuperChargers in Trap Team (unless they separate from the main cast at the end of the game but that would mean they won't be playable in Skylanders 6)...

Long story short, it maybe be a midquel but they have to give some explanations and I'm really curious to hear them.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#41 Posted: 19:07:33 17/07/2015
Other than the Skydad video, where was it called into question that Super Chargers was before Trap Team? I've always just assumed all Skylanders games were released chronologically.
#42 Posted: 19:17:27 17/07/2015
^Same here, but since time is an actual component of the story this time, who knows.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5366
#43 Posted: 19:37:27 17/07/2015
I really doubt they will ever pull any "jumping around the timeline" shenanigans. This isn't a Metroid or Zelda game.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#44 Posted: 19:46:43 17/07/2015
Spyro's Adventure
V
---> Skylanders are turned into Minis - Child Timeline - Trap Team
---> Skylanders are turned into Giants - Adult Timeline - Giants
--->Skylanders are Defeated - Fallen Hero Timeline - Lost Islands

--->Obligatory Tingle Spinoff - Battlegrounds
(I'm kidding,just going by extremely small parts of the game's lineup)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:47:41 17/07/2015 by Bifrost
#45 Posted: 19:58:03 17/07/2015
I doubt it too for the same reason and don't see it coming... But good Eon that would be AMAZING.
They could simply begin with explaining the origins of a previous visited location and then further develop the whole lore with each entry.

A complex and well thought game universe would truly help feeling a more mature approach to the series and make it even more suitable for mature gamers and older players.

That's the chemistry that makes Zelda (or Adventure Time, to talk about other media) what it is: a seemingly kids' game with much more to offer.
There is definitely more than meets the eye.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#46 Posted: 20:06:19 17/07/2015
Quote: Muffin Man
I really doubt they will ever pull any "jumping around the timeline" shenanigans. This isn't a Metroid or Zelda game.

I really doubt you know for sure. And I didn't mention going between worlds...just that the worlds are "colliding". I agree it's too technical for an audience that should barely be diaper trained. Go count some blocks.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:14:38 17/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5366
#47 Posted: 01:33:17 18/07/2015
Obviously I don't know for sure, hence why I said "I really doubt they will ever" instead of "I'm absolutely certain they will never ".
---
Boop me if you see this.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#48 Posted: 04:15:38 18/07/2015
As far as the timeline goes, it's starting to feel that after swap force, but before trap team is where most of these other games will fit. I believe trap team might actually be the last in the series and tfb wanted to do that story line while they still made games for the series. superchargers feels much like a side story that comes before it.

Quote: Drek95

Not to mention it wouldn't explain how we aren't able to play as the SuperChargers in Trap Team (unless they separate from the main cast at the end of the game but that would mean they won't be playable in Skylanders 6)...

Long story short, it maybe be a midquel but they have to give some explanations and I'm really curious to hear them.

I dont want to use the word gullible but it sounds like you might've been one of the people that thought traps would have a bigger role in superchargers and like the many that didnt see the giant nerf of uselessness coming. every game so far something has been replaced by the next gimmick. Cores were less powerful than giants, giants weaker than swappers, swappers weaker than traps and trap masters, now trap masters and traps weaker than superchargers and vehicles. see the pattern? they want you to buy the next shiny so most get nerfed to some useless state and theres most likely going to be little to no vehicle support in any other game beyond this one if they go back to the tfb way of them for another game after. remember in buying the vehicles and characters to plan out if you dont plan on collecting them all, they aren't going to have any or have very little functionality going on.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:23:03 18/07/2015 by tigerdr
#49 Posted: 12:16:43 18/07/2015
Ok... But I sincerely don't see how that would explain why SuperChargers aren't in Trap Team if that game takes place after the event of the game they were introduced.

Doesn't have anything to do with vehicles and traps.

We are talking about previously "discovered" Skylanders not being part of the cast in a future game.
If SuperChargers does come right after SWAP Force of course.

If a Skylanders work then he/she's not useless even if he/she has been nerfed.
And I don't think Giants are weaker than Swappers... Trap Masters might be stronger but I distinctly remember my Tree Rex could still defeat my strongest Swapper realtively easily).

V.V. or Activision took a truly wrong decision by not supporting traps (and also apparently spit in our faces by releasing Trophies which apparently does the exact same function; I don't care if it's more profitable or if it's the way marketing goes that was a plain unrespectful choice).
They discontinued and heavily nerfed a line of toys which could have easily became a gold mine.

No excuses for that.

But really, we are talking about time-lines and continuity here so some nerfs here and there aren't enough to completely ditch the coherence of a series.

I don't consider myself to be "gullible" I simply consider whoever came up with those decisions to be illogical and unrespectful.
Can't blame myself for the mistakes someone else made, really.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:17:15 18/07/2015 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#50 Posted: 12:21:38 18/07/2015
You guys are over thinking all of this. If Super Chargers was BEFORE Trap Team, I feel like VV/Acti would tell us. And don't give me the "Oh but it's Activision, they don't care!". I think something would have been said.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me