Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Superchargers Dark Edition Wii
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 20:30:12 10/07/2015 | Topic Creator
So, I've looked at all websites that are taking preorders for the Starter Packs, but one seems to be missing on ALL websites. The Wii Dark Edition. How are we supposed to get Dark Hammer Slam Bowser, when there's no way to preorder it?
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 21:25:01 10/07/2015
Buy it off the shelf, like mankind has done for hundreds of years before "pre-ordering" was invented?
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#3 Posted: 22:46:50 10/07/2015
Made a topic about this myself, It's driving me mad... I think there might be something up with the wii version.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2635
#4 Posted: 22:49:21 10/07/2015
Patience my friend,
Wait a few days/weeks and it should eventually show,
Or ask the person at the counter at your store and they might know somthing
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
#5 Posted: 22:54:28 10/07/2015
I called the manager at my gamestop (we are good friends) and he said there is no info in there system about the Wii dark version, its like it does not exist. He told me he would call me if any thing changed and it showed up at a later time. He said it was odd as he had seen the pics online of it but in the system its like t does not exist...
---
Kickstarter:
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#6 Posted: 00:20:36 11/07/2015
That's strange... EB Games has had the Wii Dark Edition open for preorder since the reveal. smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#7 Posted: 01:06:58 11/07/2015
It's all sold old out. Sorry guys, you missed it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:07:09 11/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#8 Posted: 02:44:23 11/07/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

It's not sold out... Amazon never posted it (I was there when they posted the others and it was not posted. Also amazon Would say "sold out") And the manager at gamestop told me that it was never in there system at all, not that it's sold out...
---
Kickstarter:
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#9 Posted: 05:07:11 11/07/2015
it's possible it might not be for preorder as strange as that is. I believe all the retailers will still get it as it seems they all are involved just as such in having them. So while it's possible to miss it you might have to go without pre order. Or theres a big problem in pricing it and all the stores aren't getting it in yet to do so.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#10 Posted: 06:41:25 11/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Unclebob, know why I have the only Dark Edition of Swap Force for Wii U on day of release? I was the only one who reserved it.

How will stores order the Dark Edition, if no one preorders it? With Swap Force and Trap Team Dark Editions, certain versions are harder to get than others. Simply walking into a store for a DE Wii version isn't just that simple.
---
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#11 Posted: 13:52:15 11/07/2015
Quote: GameMaster78
Unclebob, know why I have the only Dark Edition of Swap Force for Wii U on day of release? I was the only one who reserved it.

How will stores order the Dark Edition, if no one preorders it? With Swap Force and Trap Team Dark Editions, certain versions are harder to get than others. Simply walking into a store for a DE Wii version isn't just that simple.

I think you're overreacting way too early before the release. Just chill out and I'm sure it'll come your way eventually when preorders open up. There are plenty of people here on these forums who are patiently waiting for preorders without any sort of panic.
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#12 Posted: 14:00:11 11/07/2015
There has been hinting in some posts about the dark edition that we will see a preorder for the Wii version eventually.

I'd say be patient, it will show. I am waiting as well!!!
#13 Posted: 17:10:03 11/07/2015

Had the exact same experience with getting the Wii U Dark version of Swap Force as you did (gamestop only got 1 in the one I pre-ordered) And this Is why I'm worried as well. Some Dark versions are very rare...

Also it seems that you can pre-order the Wii Dark version on the UK and Canada, but just not in the USA...
---
Kickstarter:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:11:18 11/07/2015 by darkrai848
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#14 Posted: 17:15:47 11/07/2015

well, it is an amiibo... smilie
#15 Posted: 17:18:30 11/07/2015
GameStop, in-store, only got the one I pre-ordered as well for the Dark Edition of SWAP Force on Wii U. However, it was available on their website for quite some time after launch.
#16 Posted: 17:22:30 11/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Thing is, for some reason all DE's are a available for preorder except Wii. The SKU is there, why delay putting it up for preprder in NA, if the others are up, and the Wii preorder is up in other countries?

I mean this is a company that doesn't allow certain countries to finish their collections apparently (no yawn traps in NA). Why not deny us the Wii DE too, since it's on a system that doesn't see new releases yearly except for Skylanders?
---
#17 Posted: 17:24:36 11/07/2015
Patience. It really is a virtue.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#18 Posted: 17:44:36 11/07/2015
Agree that it's still too early to freak out about it. But yes, it is why to preorder your DE, as there is likely to be a rather limited supply.
#19 Posted: 18:55:55 11/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Again, wouldn't be tripping if it went up for preorder at the same time as other DE's did. If someone can logically fill me in as to why they are not allowing for a Wii preorder at this time, but others can be, I'm all ears. No assumptions though.

To me it seems fishy. Think about it. Game store's Wii sections are shrinking, why make a Wii section for one game a year? That's my guess as to why the Wii version is going to be stupid hard to find in terms of DE.
---
#20 Posted: 19:18:52 11/07/2015
Again, wouldn't be tripping if it went up for preorder at the same time as other DE's did. If someone can logically fill me in as to why they are not allowing for a Wii preorder at this time, but others can be, I'm all ears. No assumptions though.

Since this is a fan-forum, no one here will likely have that information or be able to share it if they do. You should try contacting Activision, GameStop Corporate, Amazon or whereever you want to pre-order from.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#21 Posted: 19:48:00 11/07/2015
Just order it from GAME so you can stop worrying about it.

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/w...roductId=685389
#22 Posted: 22:18:47 11/07/2015
Quote: wgeorge111
Just order it from GAME so you can stop worrying about it.

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/w...roductId=685389

But the Wii is region locked... So that would be stupid. And Do they even ship to the USA?
---
Kickstarter:
#23 Posted: 04:16:09 12/07/2015
Quote: darkrai848

It's not sold out... Amazon never posted it (I was there when they posted the others and it was not posted. Also amazon Would say "sold out") And the manager at gamestop told me that it was never in there system at all, not that it's sold out...

Just a prelude to the availability issues ahead. Watch.
#24 Posted: 05:30:58 12/07/2015

At this point I'm more worried that it wont get released at all in the USA than it being hard to find. If every other version is up for pre-order and the wii version was up with all the others in the UK and Canada... It looks like something is up.
---
Kickstarter:
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#25 Posted: 16:13:54 12/07/2015

At this point I'm more worried that it wont get released at all in the USA than it being hard to find. If every other version is up for pre-order and the wii version was up with all the others in the UK and Canada... It looks like something is up.

Im sure it will come up eventually, thou I dont blame some stores not wanting wii items this late in the wii's cycle. Im sure thou TRU would be one to jump on this.
#26 Posted: 18:10:52 12/07/2015
Quote: SlayerX11

Im sure it will come up eventually, thou I dont blame some stores not wanting wii items this late in the wii's cycle. Im sure thou TRU would be one to jump on this.

The thing is all these stores are selling the regular wii version, Also if its pre-ordered they are only getting ones that are basically already sold.
---
Kickstarter:
#27 Posted: 19:02:47 12/07/2015 | Topic Creator

The thing is all these stores are selling the regular wii version, Also if its pre-ordered they are only getting ones that are basically already sold.

See, you seem to get it. The regular Wii edition is up for preorder on every store site that carries Skylanders. BUUUUUUT, where is the DE? All other DE's are listed, why not the Wii version?
---
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#28 Posted: 21:14:19 12/07/2015
And Do they even ship to the USA?

Yes they do.

Here is a short forum topic regarding their service and shipping to USA:
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=115005
#29 Posted: 22:58:42 12/07/2015

See, you seem to get it. The regular Wii edition is up for preorder on every store site that carries Skylanders. BUUUUUUT, where is the DE? All other DE's are listed, why not the Wii version?

The way I see it there could be 3 possibilities:

1) there was some kind of big screw up and Activision did not send out the SKU for the Wii Dark version in the USA and has not bothered to fix that.

2) They do not plan to sell the dark Wii version in the USA.

3) (This is what my Gamestops manager thought) That the Wii dark version might be in severely limited quantity, and that stores would have to wait till Activision gave them an exact number on how many that store would be able to pre-order.
---
Kickstarter:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:59:00 12/07/2015 by darkrai848
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#30 Posted: 00:21:58 13/07/2015
Why do people keep assuming there will be a huge supply of the Wii version? Nintendo is trying to market the Wii U over the Wii.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#31 Posted: 03:42:40 13/07/2015
Quote: WickedRogue
Why do people keep assuming there will be a huge supply of the Wii version? Nintendo is trying to market the Wii U over the Wii.

The fact that Dark Bowser is exclusive to the Dark Wii version, an the fact that it's a different game altogether then the Wii U game.
---
Kickstarter:
#32 Posted: 03:46:24 13/07/2015

The fact that Dark Bowser is exclusive to the Dark Wii version, an the fact that it's a different game altogether then the Wii U game.

Right, last year has a Dark Edition for the Wii. It was rare as well. I don't see that changing how it is being produced tho.
---
#33 Posted: 05:05:10 13/07/2015

Right, last year has a Dark Edition for the Wii. It was rare as well. I don't see that changing how it is being produced tho.

Yes it was rare last year, but it was still pre-orderable on the same day all the other dark versions where, and at every site and every store that took pre-orders for the dark versions.
---
Kickstarter:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:05:29 13/07/2015 by darkrai848
#34 Posted: 05:36:50 13/07/2015

Yes it was rare last year, but it was still pre-orderable on the same day all the other dark versions where, and at every site and every store that took pre-orders for the dark versions.

That's last year. It's just how marketing in gaming works. Send messages to Nintendo. Ask them why the Wii isn't being support much now.
---
#35 Posted: 06:22:22 13/07/2015
Newsflash: They're doing this on purpose. That is a best case scenario. If you don't agree, then they're grossly incompetent.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:23:08 13/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#36 Posted: 13:29:54 13/07/2015
Last year's Wii Dark edition was rare?

Weird. It's the only one I still see on shelves occasionally.
#37 Posted: 16:35:02 13/07/2015
Yes the Wii version is junk... It should no have even been make this year as the Wii is a dead system. But that is not the point the point is that they did make it and not only that but they made a skylander that is exclusive to the Wii dark version, Dark Bowser! The point is this is a product that they made and people want to buy it, and they should be able too. As I have said before I only care about it as I want Dark Bowser.
---
Kickstarter:
#38 Posted: 17:21:11 13/07/2015
Yes the Wii version is junk...

Are you from the future?

Quote:
The point is this is a product that they made and people want to buy it, and they should be able too.

Maybe you have more information, being from the future and all, but those of us from this time frame will have to wait for the product to actually go on sale in September to determine if there's ample supplies.
#39 Posted: 17:26:21 13/07/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Yes the Wii version is junk...

Are you from the future?

Quote:
The point is this is a product that they made and people want to buy it, and they should be able too.

Maybe you have more information, being from the future and all, but those of us from this time frame will have to wait for the product to actually go on sale in September to determine if there's ample supplies.

What I mean is that the Wii is obsolete at this point (not that the game itself will be bad).

I upgraded to a Wii U and PS4 on day 1 of both systems.

I just think there must be something going on as you can pre-order every version but the dark Wii version, it seems odd.
---
Kickstarter:
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#40 Posted: 18:23:10 13/07/2015
You sure? Its been listed in Europe. Maybe the States aren't getting it. Europe never got the Swap Force Dark Edition for the Wii U or the Trap Team Dark Edition on the Xbox One. We seem to be getting all of them this time though.
http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/e...arter-pack-wii/
#41 Posted: 19:04:33 13/07/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Last year's Wii Dark edition was rare?

Weird. It's the only one I still see on shelves occasionally.

There are dark editions (not Wii) still onsite on certain websites. Not buying the rare thing either.
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#42 Posted: 18:30:50 15/07/2015
So Gamestop's weekly ad actually has the Superchargers Dark edition in it and makes mention of all versions except the Wii. I feel very much like this confirms that the Wii edition will either be an exclusive or simply not released in the states. I will be a bit bummed as I like Dark Bowser more than Dark DK but I was planning to get one Dark edition and one regular anyway to avoid duplicate characters. I guess this will just make it easier.
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#43 Posted: 21:31:52 20/07/2015
Wii edition in dark edition exclusive to Toys R Us.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#44 Posted: 03:00:43 21/07/2015
Yep, TRU exclusive it is. Didn't see that coming.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#45 Posted: 03:09:39 21/07/2015
Quote: AzureStarline
Yep, TRU exclusive it is. Didn't see that coming.

It's not on their site--where did u get the info?

EDIT: NM. Saw the other thread. Wow, Acti only announced this weeks ago. Nice ball dropping, execs.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:11:22 21/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#46 Posted: 03:55:32 21/07/2015
So maybe now people will believe me that it's in limited demand?
---
#47 Posted: 07:10:42 21/07/2015

Not necessarily. Limiting it to one store does not equate to low demand. TRU seems to commit to larger quantities than say a Target. IMO Activision wouldn't go through all of this trouble of having a platform specific character only to act like Nintendo and sell not that much. Then again, maybe they're trying to generate hype and think this is a way? Either way, I'm bored.
#48 Posted: 07:19:37 21/07/2015

Not necessarily. Limiting it to one store does not equate to low demand. TRU seems to commit to larger quantities than say a Target. IMO Activision wouldn't go through all of this trouble of having a platform specific character only to act like Nintendo and sell not that much. Then again, maybe they're trying to generate hype and think this is a way? Either way, I'm bored.

I'll have to find a way to preorder it myself now. I don't see the quantity being that great. Also why are you here if you are bored...that's a double standard.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#49 Posted: 09:53:06 21/07/2015

of course this is to generate hype... and as we know from earlier, if you really want this you must jump on it straight away. because when its gone its gone, they are not gonna restock. then your in the hands of ebay shlocks that try to rip you off...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:53:23 21/07/2015 by CountMoneyBone
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#50 Posted: 16:16:20 21/07/2015
It's fine that it is a TRU exclusive, as long as TRU repeats its previous year's BOGO deals.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me