Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Why does VV put a flashing element icon in the middle of the screen?
Page 1 of 1
Why does VV put a flashing element icon in the middle of the screen? [CLOSED]
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5497
#1 Posted: 23:58:16 07/07/2015 | Topic Creator
So, in general, I really love how VV designs Skylanders games, but...

Why in gods name do they think it's a good idea to put the "Elemental Zone" icon in the middle of the screen, and then constantly have it flash with the words "Strong here" so it's always distracting your focus? It's something that drives me crazy in Swap Force and it's now going to drive me crazy in SuperChargers. Why not just put a static icon in the corner of the screen? Or at least not have it flash constantly? Do they think kids are too dumb to notice it if it isn't pushed in front of them with words spelling it out explicitly?

I just don't get it.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#2 Posted: 00:01:09 08/07/2015
Shiny! Mystical-Looking! Exciting!

Pretty much that. Yes, kids need to be told that all the time, the same way they have to bring up recurring jokes a thousand times in SF and sometimes explain it. Even if some were bad in TT, at least it was varied annoyance in most cases.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 00:02:34 08/07/2015 | Topic Creator
But kids seem to get by just fine without the flashing icons in TfB's games...
---
Boop me if you see this.
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#4 Posted: 00:03:08 08/07/2015
I don't remember that happening in the game... but then again I haven't played Swap Force in a LONG time since I kinda hated it...
#5 Posted: 00:12:20 08/07/2015 | Topic Creator
You can see it in this video:

https://youtu.be/zd6IWPcboqI?t=1m13s

I hate it, that big cloudy icon flashing right in the middle of all the action. "Strong here! Strong here! Strong here! Just in case you forgot from one second ago, this element is strong here!"
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:13:45 08/07/2015 by Muffin Man
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me