Eruptor100 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1446
#1 Posted: 21:58:24 07/07/2015 | Topic Creator

This may be some of the content...
---
Stick em up!
Credit to big green
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#2 Posted: 22:09:36 07/07/2015
Ohhh nice find. I want to know now if there will be more Trophies.
PopFizzForever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1490
#3 Posted: 22:30:59 07/07/2015
Seems as though they have answered our prays and a letting us play as kaos again
---
Sky 6 Is The Death Of Me and My Wallet
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#4 Posted: 22:35:42 07/07/2015
So will there be a kaos Vehicle and figure? OMG
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#5 Posted: 22:36:19 07/07/2015
Is it wrong that I can't take Kaos seriously in that ploofy outfit? I mean, Kaos was never really meant to be taken seriously, but still. Oh, and don't get me started on the crown...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#6 Posted: 22:41:18 07/07/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Is it wrong that I can't take Kaos seriously in that ploofy outfit? I mean, Kaos was never really meant to be taken seriously, but still. Oh, and don't get me started on the crown...

Yeah totally. He looks like his mama dresses him...which might actually be the case lol. I kind of wish he'd bring back his Giant Floating Head of Doom!!! I loved those scenes in SSA.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#7 Posted: 22:49:35 07/07/2015
Those are metal laurels, not really a crown. I think it plays up the emperor thing quite nicely,but his outfit really would've been better as his Evolved robes in TT. The purple is just not evil enough, and that's terrible.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#8 Posted: 23:39:13 07/07/2015
I really dislike how vague "Unlock Special Kaos Content" is. That could be something as little as a special Kaos Skystones smash card to actually being Kaos with his car. They are obviously hiding something and I feel that I probably won't like it very much when they do let us know what this is all about.
---
Stay Cool!
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#9 Posted: 23:45:17 07/07/2015
Geez....good grief, can we not just FINALLY get a Kaos figure already? Hopefully. It's about freaking time. His figure does not necessarily have to unlock his solely as playable characters, it could unlock a challenge map for him that makes him playable or something of that nature.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#10 Posted: 23:45:59 07/07/2015
What is up with that outfit?

[User Posted Image]
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#11 Posted: 23:59:36 07/07/2015
What is up with his face.
Is it just me or his eyes are a bit too big and bulgy...?

They took the Trap Team artwork for the Dark Edition's packaging, could have taken his in-game model as well.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:00:24 08/07/2015 by Drek95
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#12 Posted: 00:07:02 08/07/2015
MY WALLET...
[User Posted Image]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#13 Posted: 00:10:34 08/07/2015
Quote: Drek95
What is up with his face.
Is it just me or his eyes are a bit too big and bulgy...?

They took the Trap Team artwork for the Dark Edition's packaging, could have taken his in-game model as well.

Might just be lighting, but really hoping they're not slightly altering the model for their objectives. No guys I don't want him looking like a baby, he's clearly past his thirties and any younger isn't evil, just plain disturbing and close to uncanny valley.
(I mean I'm waiting for anything on Kaos after SF made him act like a baby. David A. Rodriguez might've learned something from writing Trap Team comics but it'll be for naught if the higher ups want some ineffective villain again for the sake of OMG THE KIDS WON'T GET IT even if everyone got his personality in TT of having standards for pettiness)
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:12:48 08/07/2015 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#14 Posted: 00:16:51 08/07/2015
I personally like the out fit. The purple makes sense because he is royalty AND purple is often used as an evil color.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#15 Posted: 00:48:02 08/07/2015
The trailer only shows a few seconds of game play. Potentially because there will only be 10-15 minutes of additional content that is unlocked by the dark starter pack. Given that it will retail for about $120 AUD compared to the standard starter pack which will sell for around the $70-$80 AUD range, I can't see me rushing out to buy it. It would have to unlock a whole lot of content to justify that additional price tag.
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#16 Posted: 00:49:51 08/07/2015
Oh no my poor wallet...
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#17 Posted: 01:13:45 08/07/2015
So... you're fighting Kaos while playing as Kaos? I overlooked it when it happened with Trap Team, after all you had to trap him during the storyline to use him in the end. This one just seems... odd to me. So this is what the trophy does, or is this speculation? I suppose if you need the trapped Kaos along with the cup in order to do this... Either way, with them asking for $100 again for the dark edition, doesn't seem like it should cost so much more.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#18 Posted: 01:19:11 08/07/2015
Either that, or the player's Kaos and he's fighting someone else.
Either way, I'm still going to get it, along with the standard edition.
It might be just as hard to find as the DE TT starter Pack.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#19 Posted: 01:26:03 08/07/2015
Quote: fairyland
I really dislike how vague "Unlock Special Kaos Content" is. That could be something as little as a special Kaos Skystones smash card to actually being Kaos with his car. They are obviously hiding something and I feel that I probably won't like it very much when they do let us know what this is all about.

i'm gonna take a stab that you race kaos with the cup. That's probably why the scenes are so short. The content wouldn't be overblown but to me it seems its actually just like an adventure pack where you get some races to take him on. So I highly doubt he's playable. As much as it would be interesting that he was, I'm going to go with that you race him on certain levels that are in the trophy. Its the marketing to be a little bit deceitful in a way that may make some people assume they will play as him only to be disappointed.

If he is somehow playable still going to say its restricted to adventure pack status. he's only playable for that area, possibly the trophy is backstory to the rest of the game or endgame content.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:31:23 08/07/2015 by tigerdr
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#20 Posted: 01:39:47 08/07/2015
What if the trophy unlocks a special racing arena and unlocks the ability to race as Kaos in all of the different racing arenas? They could sell other trophies, as well, that provide similar content. A Flynn trophy that allows you to race as Flynn and opens up a racing arena. Etc.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#21 Posted: 02:36:29 08/07/2015
Quote: tigerdr

i'm gonna take a stab that you race kaos with the cup. That's probably why the scenes are so short. The content wouldn't be overblown but to me it seems its actually just like an adventure pack where you get some races to take him on. So I highly doubt he's playable. As much as it would be interesting that he was, I'm going to go with that you race him on certain levels that are in the trophy. Its the marketing to be a little bit deceitful in a way that may make some people assume they will play as him only to be disappointed.

If he is somehow playable still going to say its restricted to adventure pack status. he's only playable for that area, possibly the trophy is backstory to the rest of the game or endgame content.

That's where my bet is as well. I suspect buyers will be underwhelmed. May as well wait it out before you put down the money and get the full sewage.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#22 Posted: 02:42:12 08/07/2015
Quote: tigerdr

Then why have this art of him if he's not playable (In the main game)? It's just like the other vehicle art.

[User Posted Image]
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
acougan Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#23 Posted: 04:12:13 08/07/2015
would have preferred Glumshank as bonus content
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#24 Posted: 04:52:01 08/07/2015
nitpick, but the rain effect in the last part looks terrible
it's so obviously on a layer above everything else
hopefully it looks better in-action (when you probably won't be close enough to the camera to notice anyway)

it's just more kaos stuff, meh
novelty of using him was already done in trap team and i expect this bonus content to last a couple of hours at most
also, what the hell is the lore behind it (or the vehicles being frozen, or old skylanders turning into superchargers, or... screw it, i have too many nitpicks anyway)
hope it's got some pleasant surprises

overall feelings about the dark starter: blah
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#25 Posted: 08:14:11 08/07/2015
It's also ridiculous if the trophy unlocks the figure and the vehicle yet they don't mind us double dipping for the privilege for the other 20 characters. smilie

Overall feelings: defcon 2

Nothing is going to be worse effects wise than the rain effect TfB did in Rainfall Riviera.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:15:33 08/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#26 Posted: 10:52:09 08/07/2015
I am still waiting for the prequel comic and at least the introduction of the game before saying anything lore-wise.
If they actually don't explain anything (those engines...) then I will simply take it as V.V. don't care about lore at all and only want to get their things going while still creating their own one when they need to, of course.

The Trophy can have some kind of explanation, like the Darkness actually casting Kaos, his vehicle and some areas inside it using dimensional rifts, if it works like an Adventure Pack or simply Kaos and his vehicle.
We'll see there are definitely a lot of possibilities.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#27 Posted: 12:11:19 08/07/2015
If he's playable, even only within a specific area, it's really bloody annoying that we still don't have a figure.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me