Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Who will NOT get this game? [CLOSED]
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 19:55:02 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
At first I wanted this game, but I've developed a passion for collecting mostly used skylanders. I'm really into the early games and the green and orange bases, which I'm collecting right now. I don't want to spend a ton of money on new and latest skylanders games and figures like this now. I am a Skylander Hipster. Perhaps one day I'll get onto this game...

Anybody else holding this off?
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2 Posted: 20:02:11 06/07/2015
Basically everyone who says they're done with the franchise all because of one little thing they don't like is holding off. Except then they go out and buy everything anyways.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10050
#3 Posted: 20:09:24 06/07/2015
Not me! Even if it ends up bad, it's still not looking as bad as SF - if it's really not too worth the hype, I'll still probably pick up Digital Owners a bit later to pass the time and have something new to do with my collection.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#4 Posted: 20:28:16 06/07/2015
Uh, people who spend all of their time playing MMOs like WoW or hugely popular online shooters like CoD, Counterstrike, etc.? Just my guess? I wholeheartedly agree with AdamGregory03--the vast bulk of people flipping tables right now will quietly sneak in when the game actually comes out and have bought it and play it like the rest of us, they just won't be loud and proud about it in most cases.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#5 Posted: 20:31:27 06/07/2015
Quote: darkchylde28
I wholeheartedly agree with AdamGregory03--the vast bulk of people flipping tables right now will quietly sneak in when the game actually comes out and have bought it and play it like the rest of us, they just won't be loud and proud about it in most cases.

-Doug

Or insist that they CLEARLY didn't buy this game at full price and they totally resisted temptation and just bought it to prove a point. I don't even need to mention this happened last year,do I.
---
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#6 Posted: 20:38:57 06/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: darkchylde28
I wholeheartedly agree with AdamGregory03--the vast bulk of people flipping tables right now will quietly sneak in when the game actually comes out and have bought it and play it like the rest of us, they just won't be loud and proud about it in most cases.

-Doug

Or insist that they CLEARLY didn't buy this game at full price and they totally resisted temptation and just bought it to prove a point. I don't even need to mention this happened last year,do I.

Or the case where Unnamed Person X didn't actually buy the game or all of the figures, they were incredibly graciously given to them by one of their friends who had invested hundreds of dollars in everything but finished the game and felt like unloading it at no cost.

I have several friends that I feel are more family than friends at this point, but no way am I just dumping several hundred dollars of Skylanders merch on them in a "here, I'm done with this" manner with nothing expected or given in return, lol. I guess we just have to accept that this is the internet and to each their own.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#7 Posted: 20:41:21 06/07/2015
Some people actually gave their collections away in here for free, but it's more like 'they kids will enjoy it more than I do' and the people who got them definately didn't show up here to brag about the awesome gift.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:41:56 06/07/2015 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 20:46:25 06/07/2015
Definitely NOT me!

Yes, I personally consider this to be the "black sheep" of the franchise based on what I know so far, yes, it made a lot of objective and subjective bad choices and yes, I don't like V.V.'s style that much...

... BUT...

What I've seen looks fun and awesome, gameplay looks really fluid and there seems to be some kind of balance between platforming and vehicle areas.
V.V. improved a lot from SWAP Force in terms of characters, aesthetics and mood.
Online, likely a lot of replayability, huge levels and what promises to be a fantastic and dare I say "darker" plot.

After all I can live with all the smaller things I don't like and even a couple bigger ones...
Yes, I can...
Yep... Definitely...

Of course I can! Even my personal opinions aren't enough to make me skip a game this cool and promising! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#9 Posted: 22:11:11 06/07/2015
I haven't bought a Skylanders game since Giants and this is no exception. There's nothing about it that grabs my interest enough. If I want to play a racing game, I've got a DS with Mario Kart on it.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#10 Posted: 23:43:45 06/07/2015
Quote: Drek95
Definitely NOT me!

Yes, I personally consider this to be the "black sheep" of the franchise based on what I know so far, yes, it made a lot of objective and subjective bad choices and yes, I don't like V.V.'s style that much...

... BUT...

What I've seen looks fun and awesome, gameplay looks really fluid and there seems to be some kind of balance between platforming and vehicle areas.
V.V. improved a lot from SWAP Force in terms of characters, aesthetics and mood.
Online, likely a lot of replayability, huge levels and what promises to be a fantastic and dare I say "darker" plot.

After all I can live with all the smaller things I don't like and even a couple bigger ones...
Yes, I can...
Yep... Definitely...

Of course I can! Even my personal opinions aren't enough to make me skip a game this cool and promising! smilie

100% agreed.
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#11 Posted: 23:54:10 06/07/2015
I will buy the game! Though it lacks the cards, the portal, and the bases(and the lack of a good gimmick) the gameplay looks really neat and I love the designs for the skylanders because I love tfbs designs. Drek your signature is 100% correct.smilie
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#12 Posted: 01:11:03 07/07/2015
I haven't decided yet... it looks very interesting but I'm kinda bored with Skylanders, it's just too expensive and kinda boring now..
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#13 Posted: 02:05:32 07/07/2015
I've been doing a lot of thinking before this game comes out, and yet feel torn about this. The one part of me wishes to play this new game while the other part doesn't want to throw away money on anymore Skylanders.
Batzooka119 Ripto Gems: 720
#14 Posted: 02:17:32 07/07/2015
I'm not getting it because I don't have enough money.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#15 Posted: 05:53:23 07/07/2015
Well not that I don't wanna get it it's I'm saving up money for the new dlc of destiny. And cause Racing games is not my type of gaming. But that doesn't mean I won't collect the characters smilie
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#16 Posted: 11:23:15 07/07/2015
I'm more then done with this series so nope.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#17 Posted: 11:28:15 07/07/2015
Its way too early . I technically just started playing Trap Team .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#18 Posted: 12:12:27 07/07/2015
still finishing swap force and havent touched trap team and i just got arkham knight and there's elderscrolls online. there's a dark edition for this game but im seriously deciding against it. i think the reason that version exists to make some people pay for it. it will depend on how much money i have in 2 months but i seriously dont want to invest in this series anymore. while it has a low point of entry its just too much figures, etc.

the only thing that would make me possibly jump in on it is a dark edition nintendo version for the wii u possibly. i guess like a few people it would be a lot of planning to what i would even buy as theres just no desire to get a lot of figures outside a starter in this one.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:16:36 07/07/2015 by tigerdr
#19 Posted: 12:22:36 07/07/2015
Quote: tigerdr
there's a dark edition for this game but im seriously deciding against it. i think the reason that version exists to make some people pay for it.

People selling things so people pay for them. How did you get to this conclusion, I wonder?
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#20 Posted: 19:05:07 07/07/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
I'll be getting starter and prob half the vehicles/figures. If they give me what I want on PvP/online, I'll go the full monty.

Given that they are double dipping on the exclusive Nintendo characters twice now (regular and dark edition), I'm actually considering not getting the game at all in protest. They've royally screwed the non Nintendo owners who are completionists, and I'm mad enough to let them know with my dollars. Wow, this really looks like a noob marketing mistake here.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:06:49 07/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#21 Posted: 19:38:21 07/07/2015
Not a day one buyer, that's for sure. Waiting for Black Friday half off sale. I'm still in waiting mode if I'll like this release as I feel they still have some horrible pipe bomb to lay down on us which will upset me so much where I actually will skip out on this release.
---
Stay Cool!
Archie Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#22 Posted: 19:53:06 07/07/2015
Proberly not going to buy. Getting way too expensive every year. Also it is getting rather stupid the way that you need to get your hands on stuff just to have a complete collection. Surely Activision can create a game where you can either unlock new characters or a way that you can purchase them on-line so you don't end up with hundreds of characters to take on and off a portal with each game or go hunting everywhere just to find rare characters or pay rediculous prices on ebay from people who buy them all in shops so you can't get your hands on them!
---
SSA 37/37 SG 62/62 SSF 75/75 STT 72/72 Traps 57/60(+1 xtra light/dark) SSC 0!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#23 Posted: 19:56:52 07/07/2015
me....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#24 Posted: 20:02:15 07/07/2015
Wow I just don't get it. This is by far the cheapest Skylanders game to 100% the Core game and people are still complaining about all the exclusives. lol...wow. Exclusives are optional people. While it would be great to get them all it's not needed. I was on the fence about the Wii U but managed to get a new one for $230 recently so I'm getting one version for the Wii U. I'm also getting on the 3DS and PS4 so I'm covered on content. I feel no need to get the Dark Edition on every system so I'm getting it on the PS4 and getting regular Wii U and 3DS...not a big deal. Plus there's always ebay. I saw a good amount of Dark Blast Zone's for close to, if not cheaper than the MSRP for a regular Swapper.
#25 Posted: 20:02:32 07/07/2015
Quote: Archie

You can just not buy them.If you're considering digital characters(there's Digital Owners for that, Spitfire and Hot Streak only) then you probably don't care much about collecting. No one's forcing you to buy them ALL, requirements are what, one skylander and 3 vehicles?
I don't like exclusives and they're a dumb decision in my opinion, but if that's the case I'll just not spend one dollar on them and hope it doesn't repeat next game.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:03:39 07/07/2015 by Bifrost
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5379
#26 Posted: 20:46:58 07/07/2015

No one's forcing you to buy them ALL

Careful, some people here don't like it when you mention that...
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:48:00 07/07/2015 by Muffin Man
#27 Posted: 20:52:10 07/07/2015
Their problem in disliking the term if I go in detail in the next sentence. I don't like people judging the percentage of innovative of the games but if they explain it well I can't say much.
---
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#28 Posted: 21:28:22 07/07/2015
I think I will just buy the disc+case for the PS3 second hand somewhere after the holidays, hook up my wireless portal(if it still runs), then purchase vehicles at my leisure.

Without cores to invest my collector desires, I might skip over Super Charger characters entirely if the game proves them to be wasteful like Trap Masters.

But who knows, I might cave and buy the new characters for their individual gameplay. All Skylanders are pretty fun, even if some are sold at ridiculous prices.
#29 Posted: 21:51:24 07/07/2015
I don't criticise extras per se (even though the Dark Editions haven't been handled correctly this year in my opinion) but the fact some of them are exclusive extras.

The question is simple: I own a PS4 and want to play as Bowser, Donkey Kong or their vehicles.
Can I?
Answer: I can't!

This should be enough even leaving the lore outside of the problem.

Add to that the fact that those very same characters and vehicles have been choosed to be Dark figures exclusive to specific Starter Packs and you'll see my (and many other's) point.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#30 Posted: 00:02:18 08/07/2015
I still haven't decided one way or the other, as I'm torn between SSC and Lego Dimensions
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#31 Posted: 00:50:26 08/07/2015
Quote: tigerdr
there's a dark edition for this game but im seriously deciding against it. i think the reason that version exists to make some people pay for it who otherwise wouldn't buy that game around release.

People selling things so people pay for them. How did you get to this conclusion, I wonder?

had to fix my thought there. well its the collector aspect of it and thats what kept me buying the games each time was the dark edtions of what they contained every year as to hunting in the wild...now it looks like I might buy a wii u dark starter >.> it's going to take some will power to walk away from that. I think its just the amount of figures and investment. It has a lot of nice things so I might just get that this time around. I find it messed up they announced that now in having them. i stand by what i said before as some people wouldn't bother getting them soon because of how rare it would be. I can see the nintendo dark starters to be rare and will need to be reserved asap for those that want them. more stores will have them but its a good chance those will not be in stock.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#32 Posted: 01:39:26 08/07/2015
I'm not saying that I won't ever get this game, but if I do I'm certainly not going to buy everything for it like I did with the first three Skylander games. I was more conservative in choosing what to buy with Trap Team: I chose not to buy every character and only got two traps of each element for the most part (unless a free trap was involved in a sale). I'd much rather put my money down on getting Lego Dimensions on day 1 after seeing some of the franchises tied into that game, but someday I might get this one too. I still have yet to beat Trap Team anyway.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#33 Posted: 02:12:39 08/07/2015
^ It does look more like a Lego year for me. Gotta go with the innovation. I was never going to get em all this year especially after the franchise exclusive, but looping the exclusive in the dark starter as well has me seething on the principal. They must REALLY be desperate to sell those starters to the Amiibo fans to look good for shareholders. Lazy lazy lazy.

Quote: Muffin Man

No one's forcing you to buy them ALL

Careful, some people here don't like it when you mention that...

Bite the muffin, man.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:19:03 08/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5379
#34 Posted: 03:58:39 08/07/2015
Just trying to be helpful...

*Whistles nonchalantly*
---
Boop me if you see this.
#35 Posted: 07:42:38 08/07/2015
I don't need the help--looks like I'm finally free.... but good luck financing your purchases.

http://kotaku.com/supercharger...d-am-1716198951
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:59:30 08/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
DeathBlade Yellow Sparx Gems: 1267
#36 Posted: 23:55:02 28/07/2015
I'm definitely skipping this one.
---
Meh.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#37 Posted: 00:06:10 29/07/2015
I think I'm done with Skylander games, so, I won't be getting this game.

I'm still having fun playing Swap Force!~
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#38 Posted: 00:54:48 29/07/2015
i won't get it... on day one. amiibo coming out in september have my money ATM.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#39 Posted: 00:58:25 29/07/2015
After a lot of thinking, I have made plans to actually buy the game in the Wii U version and which figures and vehicles to get.
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#40 Posted: 01:38:19 29/07/2015
I was feeling quite a bit of Skylanders fatigue after Trap Team, and now that I have all the amiibo and soon LEGO Dimensions sets chewing into my wallet, I thought I might not get SuperChargers...

...Of course, that all changed when they revealed Hammer Slam Bowser and Turbo Charge Donkey Kong. I ordered the last few pieces of my soon to be complete Trap Team collection, so I'm all hyped up and ready to go for round 5! :)

(Gonna have to find a way soon to get more income though, ahahaha...)
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#41 Posted: 02:08:43 29/07/2015
I know Count Moneybone won't smilie
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#42 Posted: 02:18:47 29/07/2015
Oh my...always using the wallet as in excuse to not get a game.

So why you like the series anyway?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:19:03 29/07/2015 by KeybasHedKey
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#43 Posted: 02:36:42 29/07/2015
I'm buying six copies. By the time I sell off the extras I doubt I be out of pocket that much if not slightly ahead.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Fryno Forever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#44 Posted: 02:38:20 29/07/2015
I'm not getting this one. If it had PvP, I would.
---
Back and Better Than Ever!
#45 Posted: 09:25:18 29/07/2015
This isn't a critique to the Skymiibos' fans, really we can all like what we want... But if so many people will jump on this game because of the two Nintendo guest stars... I'm not sure how good can this be for the series.

Sure this year's roster is pathetic compared to the past (yes even Giants) but... It's just a bit strange to me that so many people will play this game only because of Bowser and Donkey Kong.

Maybe you should try Amiibos instead?
Or simply play more Nintendo games?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
jjnanj Yellow Sparx Gems: 1647
#46 Posted: 09:51:47 29/07/2015
hate to say it, but me and the wife are skipping this one for the foreseeable future.

lego and infinity 3.0 are going to get our $$$. after the horrible tether of trap team and now the reliance on vehicles (that my wife is not a fan of) we will definitely hold out if not completely skip.

we came into this series at the very end of swap force, and have since amassed at least (1) of every character and all the playsets and traps. just not feeling it with superchargers.

if they can come back with the fun of swap force (our favorite) we may jump back in, for now it's gonna be fun with lego:-).
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#47 Posted: 10:24:15 29/07/2015
Well, it's definitely better than Trap Team so of course I'll get it. If it's like Swap Force it'll be the best game yet.
---
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#48 Posted: 12:07:35 29/07/2015
Quote: Drek95

Maybe you should try Amiibos instead?

Why not both? ;)

And really, the entire point of the guest stars is to draw the interest of Nintendo fans, so I don't see what's wrong with them being the main point of interest for Nintendo fans.

Whether it's good for the series in the long run or not is really impossible to say, but personally I'd like for them to keep adding Nintendo guest stars for future installments, because they appeal to me (and of course, I wouldn't mind if the other consoles somehow got exclusives as well, because none of Sony's or Microsoft's extremely limited supply of mascot characters interest me, so I could easily ignore them). That's really all there is to it.

...And to be frank, I very much doubt they are anywhere near as huge an issue for most people as they are for you... :P
#49 Posted: 12:15:45 29/07/2015
Appeal?
Sure!

Be the only reason to buy SuperChargers?
This is what confuses me.

They are not an issue for me at all I will simply ignore them when I'll get the game but I'm not the only one skeptical about this idea.
For example my little cousins (13 and 11) love both Donkey Kong and Bowser but they absolutely hate the fact they are in this game.

They have a Wii U and wanted Spitfire just like me... But nope... They are stuck with characters they don't want.
And I'm sure there are many others which think the same.

But hey I don't pretend to be right at all!
Just confused. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me