Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists
First | Previous | Page 9 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists [CLOSED]
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#401 Posted: 01:32:33 13/10/2015
"No Fate and Life?" Ideas cocked his head, frowning. "Huh. I swear the Queen mentioned to us that there was a sixth and seventh. Or, rather, a first and second. Faust and Iridia, wasn't it? Hm... maybe I'm thinking of somewhere else. Apparently they haven't- haven't been seen for a long time. Ah well."

He blinked. "Either way, with five or seven alicorns, whatever, I've never known of such a small pantheon. There are seventeen of us on Hyperborea."
---
self professed austGAYlian
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:38:06 13/10/2015 by ReshiramForever
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#402 Posted: 06:06:57 13/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"There might be some in hiding here, who knows...and there might some outside of Equestria-wait, hold on, what?" Starsong stared at Ideas. "Seventeen alicorns? Oh my celestia, that's a lot. And they all have a major power or element to control?"
#403 Posted: 07:25:15 13/10/2015
"What? No!" Ideas quickly responded. "Well, um, yes actually. Just not the- the- the major aspects of the world, mind you. Technically, my younger siblings, my cousins and I are demigods. Alicorns with their domains, but only having one of the three pony subtypes and their magic. I'm actually a, uh, a pegasus kirin. Protocol, Progress - or Science, as she claims, anyway... Morality, Fact, Adventure, Passion, Logic, Determination, and Curiosity are my siblings. Mercy and Salvation are my twin cousins- odd ones, they are. Unnerving, to say the least."

Flicking back a strand of black mane, he chewed his lip. "My- uh- my nieces and nephews are a little more complicated. Um... ah, I shouldn't really mention them, they're just foals and we don't quite know exactly what they will be yet, but- there's no harm in it, I guess. The eldest is Duty and Protection, that kind of thing, I think he figured it out a decade or so ago, since he's still an- an adolescent. Wouldn't think he'd be approaching three hundred if didn't know. We- we think the- her triplets will be along the lines of Life, Death, and Fate, respectively, or something like that. Something important, anyway. They've almost figured it out."

He blinked, laughing nervously, "ahhh, look at that. I talk too much, don't I? Yeah, need to work on that... And- and seventeen isn't even a lot compared to where my- our mother came from. Hyperborea... Just our little backwards corner of the universe, full of unawakened foals and nearly a dozen half-gods."
---
#404 Posted: 00:32:40 14/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong sat down on the stairs, trying to process all the information she had just received from Ideas. She opened her mouth to reply, but nothing came out, just a little croak. She closed her mouth, blinking a few times, trying to find a word to describe everything she had just been told. "Wow.." she murmured, her mind resorting to the easiest word to say in this situation. She slowly looked up at Ideas. "Your world...is certainly interesting...from what I've heard from you." She blinked again. Another question formed at the back of her mind. She decided not to ask it though and didn't want to make Ideas flustered with any more big or complicated questions.

Southern Star stood up and trotted down the stairs connecting the library and the kitchen, deciding to head to the base of the tower to find Arlon and Starsong. If Astrello had come back from downstairs, then the other two should still be down there.
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#405 Posted: 00:47:17 14/10/2015
After finishing eating, I leave my empty tray beside me. I hold onto Midnight's horn, tears streaming down my cheeks. Was she going to be alright? Who did this? How could they do it? Justice will be served, I swear.
#406 Posted: 01:10:20 14/10/2015
"It's a lot, I know." Ideas smiled apologetically. "But- really, that's all I still remember. What little I've seen since I woke up a few months before we were accidentally sent here, some of those awful nightmares from what Arlon did to me, and the dreams the stars gave me to- to help-... and very little- barely anything- from before then - and that's it. It helps to talk. Clears some things up that I'm not entirely sure about."

He poled at the wing stubs subconsciously, staring up the stairs with an almost blank look in his eyes, as he pondered what he'd said. "Yeah... not a lot more."
---
#407 Posted: 02:29:18 14/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"I wonder how you were accidentally sent here," Starsong murmured. Before she could say anything else, she heard a trotting sound and voice calling to them from the stairs. "Arlon? Starsong? Are you two down here-"
Starsong turned her head to see Southern Star standing on the rounded bend of the staircase, due to the whole tower being circular with spiraling staricases.
"Oh, you two are down here after all." Southern Star gave them a small and relieved smile. She then paused for a moment. "I didn't interrupt anything, did I? I apologize if I did."
#408 Posted: 03:03:38 14/10/2015
"Uh- no, no, we'd- we just finished?" Ideas' expression creased slightly, frowning more at his vague question than at the interruption. "I dunno. I've said everything that I needed to get out, I- I think. Oh- um- where's my manners- hello!" He brightened up again, waving a hoof airily.
---
#409 Posted: 03:12:37 14/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Hi..?" Southern Star replied, a little confused at why Arlon was saying hello to her again.
Starsong stood up, looking up the stairs at the sika deer. "Southern Star, Arlon has changed...into...well...somepony else...for now. This is Ideas." She gestured at the pegasus kirin.
"Oh. Well, hello." Southern Star gave Ideas a small smile, deciding not to ask or question why or how, and just go with it.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:34:30 14/10/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#410 Posted: 03:35:07 14/10/2015
"Arlon has a lot of- uh- 'issues' that he needs to sort out before coming back." Ideas hummed. "I think he just needed a nap, or something. He's already gone to sleep. So- um- until then, here I am."
---
#411 Posted: 08:09:28 14/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Sleep usually helps in most cases." Southern Star gave a small nod. "Ideas, are you hungry? I've prepared some food for us all upstairs. You too, Starsong."

Flash Photography quietly closed the book she had reading and set it on the ground beside her. She let out a quiet sigh and looked around. Supercell was still asleep on Southern Star's bed, and Astrello was sitting in a corner silently.
The white unicorn turned around and pulled back a corner of the large navy curtains so she could look outside. It was almost pitch black, with only a few dim stars in the sky, and it seemed the moon hadn't risen yet. Flash Photography knew she was looking in the direction of Canterlot, but since no pony was there, there was no light to be seen.
#412 Posted: 09:03:22 14/10/2015
"Hm? Oh- oh! Yes, thank you!" Ideas smiled, his tail flicking as he went to consider his ascent up the tower, humming a vaguely familiar song.

-

Contrary to what the fragment of the Demogod of Ideas believed, Arlon wasn't asleep, though he was no longer paying attention to what was going on outside. Beating back the nightmares that he himself had brought upon his tenant over a thousand years ago, nightmares that had come back to haunt him, Arlon turned his attention within.

The logical side of his mind knew that his fears of isolation were unfounded. After all, the nightmares were designed to drive a rift between the mentally-captive Ideas, and the rest of his family, and had nothing to do with him.

It said nothing to the amount of regret he had for causing such needless pain to his little brother, and the physical and mental abuse he caused the rest of his family, all in the name of revenge.

And again, Cave Invictus continued to lurk at the edges of his awareness, whispering those foul words he had once uttered millennia ago, the pain he caused far outliving the dragon himself.
---
#413 Posted: 09:43:10 14/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Southern Star turned around and led the way up the multiple spiral staircases, with Starsong and Ideas following. They soon reached the kitchen and Southern Star trotted over to the table, where two trays of food were. "Here you go, you two." She nodded at the trays. "It's nothing special. I just made a batch of muffins and added a piece of fruit." She then made her way upstairs to see if anypony else had finished.

Flash Photography, who was still looking out the window, had only eaten half the muffin, Supercell was still sleeping and hadn't touched her food, and Astrello had finished.
The sika deer slowly trotted over the prince. "Astrello? Can you pass me your tray please?" she asked.
#414 Posted: 11:09:07 14/10/2015
Ideas accepted the food with an appreciative thanks, thinking of how similar it was to some things Arlon had eaten on Hyperborea. As much as he tried, he himself couldn't recall eating anything like it when he was still a part of his original mind.

'Rebecca used to bake muffins like this... how could I forget the taste?'

Perturbed, Ideas headed over to the window that Flash Photography was sitting by, wanting to look at the night sky for himself.
---
#415 Posted: 16:37:01 14/10/2015
I nod and picking it up with magic, I place it close to Southern Star. Tears stream down my cheeks as I hold onto Midnight's broken off horn. I need comfort, Midnight has been like the mother, I never had.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:45:39 31/10/2015 by Wyrstel
#416 Posted: 02:49:19 16/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Flash Photography saw Ideas walk towards her in the faint reflection on the window. "There's not much to see," she told the pegasus kirin as he reached her. "It's very dark tonight. Though, the moon hasn't risen yet, so that might be why."

Southern Star slowly picked up the tray, placed it on her head, and trotted downstairs.
#417 Posted: 03:40:26 16/10/2015
Ideas bit deep into the muffin, exposing a momentary flash of his fangs as he chewed into it.

"So there's still someone to raise them?" he asked quietly as he chewed, as much to himself as to Flash Photography. "The- the sun and moon, I mean."

He sat down at the other end of the window, pulling back the makeshift curtains to look at the sky for himself with a slight frown.
---
#418 Posted: 04:09:56 16/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Flash Photography heard Ideas, one of her ears twitching. She looked over at him as he padded over to the other end of the window. "I guess Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are still alive. Yeah, they've been kidnapped, but they're still alive. Unless the nightmare mist has found some way to raise and set the sun and the moon." After seeing Ideas eat his muffin, Flash Photography began to feel a little bit hungry. So she glanced back, picked up her half-eaten muffin with her magic, and took a bite.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:12:55 16/10/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#419 Posted: 04:40:09 16/10/2015
"Be hard to kill a goddess, but they wouldn't need to if the sisters- if they're incapacitated." Ideas said with a wry smile, a hint of pain in his eyes as he remembered vague details of a very similar scenario. "Or blackmailed. Tortured. But that's- that's beside the- uh- the point."

Focusing on the brightest star he saw, Ideas' presence almost seemed to expand as he added, "I wonder if I could- gah!" he winced, drawing back into himself, rubbing his shoulder almost resentfully. "No- no, I can't. Damn it, Arlon, I should've- argh."
---
#420 Posted: 00:33:17 17/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Suddenly, a shout was heard downstairs, and it belonged to Starsong.
One mist creature had crashed through the window of the kitchen, and was hovering a few inches away from the table, where the blue pegasus was sitting. Unable to attack it with magic, she was leaning back on her seat, her dark blue eyes staring at the mist creature, frozen for a moment due to surprise and shock.

Flash Photography had zipped around the moment she had heard the shout, sprinting across the library floor to the stairs and leaping down them, her horn beginning to glow. "Starsong!" The white unicorn decided to forget about the last few stairs and leapt off the staircase, landing on the kitchen floor and pointing her horn towards the mist creature. A light beam from her shot right through the mist creature, but the mist from the other side of its body merged with the other side. It hissed and flew towards Flash Photography

Starsong suddenly regained control and dived under the table. "Wait..." She blinked and looked over at the mist creature heading over to Flash Photography. "It's not solid like the mist creature in Canterlot?"

Flash Photography fired more light beams at the mist creature, destroying most of its body before it got to her. It stopped, realizing its fate, and with one last light blast to the face, the small remains of the mist creature's body vanished.
#421 Posted: 01:07:09 17/10/2015
Ideas' ears swivelled around at the scream, his bluish eyes widened as he immediately forgot his problems detaching himself to ascend into the heavens.

Following Flash Photography, he remained idle as the unicorn destroyed the mist creature, his antlers flickering intermittently. Ideas frowned, chewing his lip uncomfortably.

'I should've helped,' he thought. 'I should've done more... Arlon? Arlon, I need your help.'
---
#422 Posted: 03:53:33 17/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Flash Photography let out a deep sigh and then trotted over to the window, looking out into the dark night. "I think that was the only one," she said.
Starsong padded out from under the table, smiling thankfully at the white unicorn. "Thank you, Flash."
Flash Photography turned away from the window and smiled back at Starsong.
#423 Posted: 04:35:44 17/10/2015
I am totally unaware of what is going on, as I fallen asleep with tears running down my cheeks. Midnight's horn is clutched in my hooves and the box where I store her horn is closed just a short distance from me. I need comfort but am in too much pain to seek it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:09:14 02/11/2015 by Wyrstel
#424 Posted: 04:44:03 17/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"I'll put something over it." Flash Photography looked around before seeing a large cupboard door leaning against the wall at the back of the kitchen. Picking it up with her magic, she made it float over and then placed it in front of the window.

Southern Star had trotted upstairs before the intrusion. As it happened, she turned her attentuon back to the kitchen floor. She was about to go repair the window, but saw that Flash Photography had handled it. She turned her head to the library again. Supercell was still asleep, and Astrello was silent and still in the corner. The deer slowly trotted over the prince and looked down at him. She saw dry tears on his cheeks and frowned. "The prince has been crying?" she thought. "Is he that sad about his sisters missing, or is he upset about something else?"
Suddenly, a loose book fell from the bookcase they were near, landing on the floor with a thump. Southern Star, still frowning, trotted past the prince to put the book back on the shelf it had fallen from.
#425 Posted: 05:06:30 17/10/2015
It took Ideas repeating Arlon's name again to stir the elder alicorn, the silvery mass almost snarling as he responded. Ideas headed back upstairs to the window, knowing that he needed to be careful with the other mind to ensure that he could get his help.

What? Arlon growled. Didn't I say that I needed to mull some things over? I can't handle all your little problems with your new friends.

'I haven't had a friend in a long time, can you fault me for trying?' Ideas replied, before sighing audibly. 'It doesn't matter. I need to talk to the stars, or the moon, and I can't get into the heavens by myself.'

Arlon remained silent for a moment, thinking over Ideas' words. The heavens? Hm. Why didn't I think of that? Doesn't matter. I doubt I'm strong enough to do it alone.

'Together, though?'

Arlon merely grunted.
---
#426 Posted: 06:42:24 17/10/2015
I slowly being to stir as I hear footsteps. Seeing Southern Star, I desperately try to wipe away my tears, but without success. Instead I nervously look toward the window and return Midnight's horn to the wooden box beside me, along with the dark note. If anyone wishes to know what has brought back my pain, all they need do is open that box up read the note and see the horn. Arlon, however if he was here, already knows.
#427 Posted: 00:59:21 18/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Southern Star put the book back on the shelf and saw that Prince Astrello had woken up. "Astrello, are you alright?" The deer asked, looking over at him.

"That'll do." Flash Photography said, turning away from the cupboard covered window.
Starsong shuffled awkwardly beside the table. "Am I going to be any good on this adventure?" she thought. "I can't do any magic, so I can't exactly defeat the mist creatures. And my talent won't help much either. At least, I don't think it would."
#428 Posted: 04:26:45 18/10/2015
"No..," I reply quietly, trembling with tears streaming down my cheeks. This is all I can manage to say, as the pain is too great. My horn glows as I bring the box toward me and hold it tightly in my hooves.
#429 Posted: 07:38:25 18/10/2015
Perhaps, Arlon said slowly. Perhaps... I don't think it's ever been done before, but there's nothing to suggest that it can't work...

Ideas remained silent, pausing by the window, tapping the wall with a hoof anxiously. It took him a moment to realise that it was Arlon taking mild control over his own body again.

Okay. Let's try it.

'Are you sure you want to do this?' Ideas asked hesitantly. 'I mean- if you're still a bit out of it- it might not be safe for you, or us, whatever-'

Arlon laughed, stretching his neck. "We're a pair of fallen, fragmented alicorns. Who can stand in our way?"
---
#430 Posted: 07:39:56 20/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Southern Star stood by the bookshelf awkwardly, not knowing how to handle the situation or what to say to the trembling alicorn.
-
Flash Photography padded up the staircase and looked over the windows, seeing the dim moon rising slowly over the hills. She then yawned. "Mm, I'm tired."
"So am I." Starsong had followed the white unicorn up the stairs, and was standing behind her, her dark-blue gaze on the floor.
#431 Posted: 07:27:07 22/10/2015
"You're absolutely-?" Ideas began.

"Yes, I am." Arlon cut him off, sweeping back the makeshift curtains. He watched the moon for a few moments, his expression flat. The alicorn considered the absurdity of having a conversation with the demigod with them both using his own mouth, but he dismissed it. It wasn't as if the others didn't know he was crazy, or anything.

Crazy. What an odd thing to consider from the Principal of Protocol himself. He who breaks minds as easily as he does reality.

"You're getting off track..." Ideas muttered.

"My apologies." Arlon said.
---
#432 Posted: 05:45:25 28/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong lifted her gaze from the floor and looked over at Ideas standing by the window.
Flash Photography trotted over to Southern Star's bed, and just as she did, a crash was heard from downstairs.

Southern Star dashed past Prince Astrello and stopped the edge of the library floor, looking down onto the kitchen floor. Five large mist creatures had somehow pushed the cupboard door covering the window and made it fly into a glass cabinet above the sink.

All at once, the mist creature's heads shot up, their yellow eyes gleaming. And without any warning, they dashed up towards the library floor.
"They're back!" Starsong yelled, sprinting away from the edge of the floor and running behind the large hourglass in the middle of the room.
Southern Star watched in fear as the mist creatures flew onto the library floor, flying to the ceiling, circling around and then diving downwards onto the ponies below.
#433 Posted: 13:39:44 28/10/2015
Arlon's reaction in summoning a shield was surprisingly quick, considering his emotional state and the fact that he was sharing his body with another entity. The shield wasn't powerful, Arlon not wanting to waste what little he had on something meaningless, but it was enough to delay their adversaries.

"Is this really the best time?" he said, obvious sarcasm lacing his words. "No, really. It's not."

"That's your concern?" Ideas was a lot less calm about the proceedings. "Are you- are you serious? Oh god- oh god oh god do something!"

"'Do something.' I am, moron."
---
#434 Posted: 21:09:26 28/10/2015
Still in pain but seeing who is attacking, a great rage engulfs me. My body starts to grow and turn midnight black, but my mane remains pure snow white. My eyes burn with fury. The entire house grows darker and darker. Amidst the darkness, they can see that I am fighting to contain him, but that he is winning. Almost all of my body is midnight black, only my head remains snow white. Fear is visible in my eyes as the darkness, fights to consume me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:10:35 29/10/2015 by Wyrstel
#435 Posted: 01:10:12 29/10/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: I'd rather Prince Astrello doesn't have complete control over the sky outside. It is a clear night.

Loud thumps and crashes were heard as the mist creatures knocking themselves into any object into the room. Books fell to the ground, and the mist was using them to their advantage, throwing them at the ponies, and through the large library window.

Flash Photography, standing beside the bed, raised her head, her horn glowing a light green. "If you want to play that way, we can too!" She picked up a large heavy book and tossed it across the room, hitting a mist creature straight in the face. The mist creatures weren't completely solid like the ones in Canterlot. Only parts of their bodies were soild.

Starsong was still hiding behind the large hourglass, dodging books that were thrown at her.

Supercell woke up shortly after the mist started diving down. She opened her eyes slightly, sat up and rubbed them, and then tried to open them properly. "Wh-what...?" she murmured, only seeing blurry figures.
#436 Posted: 10:00:58 30/10/2015
"What- what are they doing? Can you see?" Arlon cocked his head, his bluish-white eyes narrowed slightly. Arcing bolts of blue lightning shot around his antlers, intermingled with frigid ice, a mix of the two alicorns' specialty magics.

"They're- they're just- they're just throwing... books?" Ideas kicked a back hoof at one that flew behind them.

"Think they're a little mindless?" A smirk curled around his muzzle. "Not that it matters. I can feel the essence of Nightmare Moon in them as clearly as I can feel you rattling around in my head. Broken fragments of a maddened goddess... It's a little painful, actually."
---
#437 Posted: 00:37:38 06/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Supercell, after waking up fully, launched herself at one of them, and they flew into a bookcase.

"You. Will. Not. Win." A voice hissed, sending shivers down everyone's spines. The mist creatures weren't speaking, but the voice seemed to be coming from them somehow.

"Will not win..?" Starsong murmured, peering around the large hourglass.

"And you will never find the princesses!" The voice said again, cackling. "Face it, ponies. The mist has taken over Equestria. The rest of the inhabitants here are either dead or slaves for us. You're the only group who's trying to stop us, and let's face it, you're too weak and won't stand a chance."

Flash Photography glared at the mist creatures circling above the ponies, her horn glowing, ready to fire a light beam at them.
#438 Posted: 01:37:14 06/11/2015
Hearing the voice and what it says is the last straw. My anger consumes me and with a sinister laugh, He has returned, Fallen Star has returned. My eyes burn with a great fury. Lightning forks from my horn and strikes the mist. Then a voice so sinister and dark, that it chills one to the bone speaks. Shrouds of darkness gather around me, as I, Fallen Star stand before them, a dark shadow.

"Oh, is that a challenge? Fool, you have no idea just what you have done. Soon, you will know true fear," my alternate self, Fallen Star says, my eyes flashing in the light.
#439 Posted: 01:53:17 06/11/2015 | Topic Creator
The mist creatures dodged the lightning and continues circling around the room near the ceiling. "HA! You are the fool, dear prince." A brave mist creature circled above Astrello/Fallen Star, his yellow eyes glowing as he stared down at him. "You do realize that if you continue to give into your anger for your lost sisters, the pure darkness you control will soon turn against you."

Flash Photography, thinking quickly, remembered something about elements she read long ago. "The mist is...right..." she murmured, looking over at Fallen Star. "Dark emotions can fuel darkness. And a similar thing happened to Princess Luna." She paused. "Astrello, you need to control the darkness with another emotion! Your pure darkness will turn on you if you don't!" she called out.

"How do you know this stuff?" Supercell murmured, kicking the mist creature that she had tackled earlier.
#440 Posted: 02:43:54 06/11/2015
It is then that a brilliant light begins to engulf my alternate form. I grow smaller and my body starts to turn pure snow-white. Within minutes the little prince, that they know as me, Prince Astrello is back. My deep, dark midnight blue eyes glow brilliantly as I speak.

"It is You who is the fool. You will be defeated. There is no stronger power than love and friendship. My love for my big sisters, my family and my home as well as all of my friends will destroy you. Together, united, we will end you."
#441 Posted: 03:06:02 06/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong was about to shout out as well, but she stopped herself and hid behind the hourglass again.

The mist creatures circling around the room slowed down. "There's not much love and friendship left here in Equestria, is there? Only you ponies remain." The voice laughed. "Unless you somehow gain some extraordinary power, there's no way you can defeat us!" He hissed. The voice paused and then spoke up. "You lot are interesting." A click was heard, and the mist creatures lined up near a large broken part of the window. "I think I'll keep you alive for longer so your deaths will be even more satisfying. Unless if we decide to make you our slaves." The mist creatures, one by one, began to fly out of the space in the window, heading off into the night. "Farewell." An evil laugh was heard, and then it faded into silence.

The glow around Flash Photography's horn faded. "Well." She stood up straight. "That was...something."
#442 Posted: 05:44:04 06/11/2015
"Don't listen to the darkness, we will prevail. Together, united, we will destroy this evil. Together we will end this and return Equestria back to what it once was. The darkness is just trying to make us give up, we must not. For my family's sake, for the sake of all of us, for Equestria, we must succeed."
#443 Posted: 10:34:05 06/11/2015
"'I'..." Arlon muttered, scratching his beard. The fallen alicorn hadn't moved as the mist spoke. "It referred to itself as one being..."

"I'm more concerned about the 'extraordinary power' it- it mentioned." Ideas laughed uncertainly, chewing his lip. "Oh gods. Oh no, oh no, no nononono. She said it was coming. It's- it's- it's in Tartarus, isn't it? It's coming?"

Arlon froze, putting his hoof down slowly. "That's... that's a troubling developement, actually." Turning to face the other ponies, Arlon asked, "How close is this forsaken world's entrance to Tartarus, by any chance? Is it far? My, aheh- depending on how fast it is, I think... Damn it!"

Ideas coughed, continuing where Arlon left off. "He - and by that, we - believe that there's- um- something in Tartarus that could either help us, or... um... not."
---
#444 Posted: 10:42:31 06/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong shook her head.

"I know I read about it a while ago, but I can't remember exactly where it's located." Flash Photography looked over at Prince Astrello. "Astrello, do you know?"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:21:59 06/11/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#445 Posted: 00:26:56 08/11/2015
"Yes, I do, keeping the location of the Tartarus secret is but one of my big sisters' and mines' duties. I warn you, Tartarus is not at all like anything that you have been to before. Stay close and we should be fine," I say as I look toward the horizon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:34:11 08/11/2015 by Wyrstel
#446 Posted: 02:59:14 08/11/2015 | Topic Creator
"Should we head out now, or wait till morning?" Flash Photography asked.
Southern Star trotted out from behind a bookshelf Prince Astrello was standing next to. "Well, it is technically morning."
Flash Photography glanced at the darkness outside and then back at the deer.
"Early morning." Southern Star smiled sheepishly, correcting herself.
"Well..." Flash Photography paused for a moment. "I think we could sleep for a bit and then head out at sunrise."
"Mm." Starsong nodded in agreement, beginning to feel tired like she had before the mist creatures attacked.
#447 Posted: 03:40:30 08/11/2015
"I'm fully aware of the dangers Tartarus presents." Arlon scoffed. "I've seen what our kind keep locked up down there. I'd give anything to ensure that they stay there."

Ideas shifted "But- how far is it, though? We- we- It's just... there's a shade... A- um- a ghost, if you will, of an alicorn... sort of. I dunno."

"We've never known of an alicorn that managed to split in half - mind and power." Arlon said. "My fault, I suppose. I have a talent for splitting things. Either way, this shade... it has the ability to break reality, if it so wanted."

"It's-" Ideas took over the shared body's voice again. "It's just- it's near mindless. All a shade wants is some... some perverted desire it once had when it was, um, alive. Arlon wanted power, so long ago... it must be what Protocol wants now."

"Naturally, it'll be drawn to whatever can get it to its goals first. Me, or the Nightmare." Arlon concluded bitterly.
---
#448 Posted: 04:11:49 08/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong, Supercell, and Flash Photography fell asleep on Southern Star's bed immediately, tired from the recent events.

Southern Star wasn't feeling too tired, and decided to go downstairs and prepare some food for the others for the journey to Tartarus.
#449 Posted: 04:52:22 08/11/2015
"You all get some sleep, if you must. I doubt I will be able to. I will rest, if I can, as I guard and watch over you all," I say, swishing my mane as well as my tail and raking the ground with my hooves. I lay beside the main window of Southern Star's house, gazing out at the rising sun.
#450 Posted: 05:42:43 08/11/2015
Arlon sighed, curling up in the corner.

The stars. Do you still want to try and reach them? he asked quietly. See if they know what happened to the alicorns here?

'I dunno...' Ideas sounded troubled. 'Are you sure that you're up for it?'

No, not really. If it helps, it helps, but I don't want to risk being vulnerable to them. Arlon's antlers flickered, summoning a piece of paper.

--

Nio-

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. Things have been- well, I'm beginning to fear I won't be able to make it back. The lingering whispers of his presence... I fear that I'm going to lose my mind, if not my life.

Father... Nio, he still terrifies me. He's been dead for a long time, I know, kept alive only through the Aperture hivemind, but I can't help but wonder - what if?

What if I had never succumbed to my anger and hatred? Would the worlds have been a happier place? How much blood stains my existence?

I'm sorry. This is unnecessary prattling. You can't change the past. I must shape the future, for good or for ill.

Perhaps this is my repentance. I ruined our world with my delusions. Perhaps I can save this one.

- Arlon

--

Arlon settled his head on his hooves, staring out the window wearily. Never in his life had he felt so old.

"Astrello..." he eventually began, somewhat hesitant. "I wanted to ask something... You care so much for the mortals. Why is that?"
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:46:11 08/11/2015 by ReshiramForever
First | Previous | Page 9 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me