Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists
First | Previous | Page 8 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists [CLOSED]
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#351 Posted: 01:50:05 03/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"She won't mind." Starsong said again, wandering over and peering around one of the navy curtains which was covering half of the window. "She may even be glad that someone is making use of her old library. Who knows."
Southern Star little deer tail twitched nervously. "I hope so."
"I hope I don't have another nightmare tonight." Supercell murmured, leaning against a bookshelf.
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#352 Posted: 04:34:41 03/10/2015
I enter the house, with the glowing violet letter sticking out of my saddlebags. I do not speak as I enter, rather I avoid contact. Whether it is on purpose or not, the letter rolls to the ground. Blood stains are visible on the scroll as well as burn marks as if someone tried to destroy it. I find a quiet corner and lay down, not even noticing the scroll on the ground.
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#353 Posted: 05:21:24 03/10/2015
Arlon noticed the letter out of the corner of his eye, frowning quizzically as Astrello went to lie down in the corner, before returning his attention to the letter.

'Don't.' Ideas warned. 'It's not our place to intrude.'

It isn't my place to even be here, Arlon argued, picking it up. The letter could've been in a better state. I don't even need Protocol to know how much havoc my presence is wreaking on this world.

Ideas bristled. 'Be thankful that this world's Fate is missing, dead, or nonexistent.'

No, she's here somewhere. I distinctly remember Niomedes telling me that she's here somewhere. Asleep, I think. Don't blame her, either.
---
self professed austGAYlian
#354 Posted: 06:09:28 03/10/2015
As Arlon opens the letter, he sees just how right he is. A bloody horn slips out of the scroll, as it was forcefully removed from it's previous owner. The horn is no other than Midnight's. The blood is hers as well. What happened to her? Is she alright? The letter is the key to all of this. I have already deciphered it, and know that answers. Midnight instigated a slave revolt and tried her best to free slaves, but suffered greatly for it. Managing to save about six or so of the slaves, they are now safely within a hidden underground sanctuary. Midnight however is not so lucky. Her captors broke off her horn and sent it in a scroll, they forced her to write with her own blood.
#355 Posted: 06:16:33 03/10/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Wow, this got a little dark.

Supercell's stomach suddenly rumbled loudly. Not caring if the others heard it, she sighed. "I'm starving," she said, part of her mane covering one of her eyes. "We didn't bring it any food, did we?"
Flash Photography opened her mouth to reply and then closed it, feeling embarrassed. "No...we didn't."
"I can make us all something." Southern Star replied, trotting into the middle of the room. "There's a kitchen downstairs."
"You have food?" Supercell asked.
The deer nodded. "I do. I was able to stock up a couple of weeks ago when most of the mist was occupied in the castle." She paused. "Do you guys want anything in particular?"
The white unicorn and blue pegasus shook their heads, replying that they didn't mind. Guessing Supercell wouldn't mind either, Southern Star trotted over to Astrello who was sitting in the corner. "Would you like anything in particular to eat?" she asked kindly.
#356 Posted: 10:24:06 03/10/2015
"Gott im Himmel!" Arlon stepped back in disgust, baring his fangs. "And this was supposed to be one of the brighter worlds! I-"

-

Staggering back to his hooves. He saw stars. Something had cracked. He could hardly see anything else.

When his vision cleared, he saw the fractured remains of his horn, lying in a pool of blood.

Had to get away. Arlon didn't look back. He knew he wouldn't have the strength to continue if he did. All he knew was the awful hot stickiness clinging to his back, face, and haunches. Cave growled, but didn't attack.

And the pain, the horrible, omnipresent pain.

-

"I- I-" Arlon blanched, backing away.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:19:31 03/10/2015 by ReshiramForever
#357 Posted: 17:48:03 04/10/2015
Seeing Arlon run off, I go after him, but not before taking Midnight's broken off horn, cleaning it with some warm water from my horn and placing it carefully into a carved wooden box, which I place into my saddlebags. Reaching him, I reach out to place a hoof on his shoulder to comfort him, but stop. I am sensitive to his feelings, so I step back a little bit and wait for him to allow me to help.
#358 Posted: 23:28:07 04/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Southern Star blinked, seeing Astrello stand up and run off, ignoring her question. "Alright then." She turned around and trotted downstairs.

Starsong knew something was wrong. She was standing by the large curtain, facing the window, but, in the corner of her eye, she could see something happening with Arlon and Prince Astrello. She didn't do anything, knowing it probably wasn't a good idea to get involved.
The other two ponies in the group hadn't noticed anything different going on. Flash Photography was downstairs and Supercell had fallen asleep beside the bookshelf.
#359 Posted: 23:55:56 04/10/2015
Arlon backed into the wall, his chest heaving, pupils contracted. He was hardly aware of his surroundings, still engaged with his memories.

"Get away from me," he rasped, antlers sparking with magic. "I'm not- you can't do this to me again! You're not real- This isn't real!"

-

Vaguely aware of the blood coating the trees and the ground, his steps slow and weaving, unsteady, unfocused. Almost as a drunk man, his breath coming out in heavy rasps.

Get away...

-

With a pained yell, Arlon teleported in a flash of silver light. He didn't go far, only to a room at the base of the tower, but he all he wanted was to be alone for a while.

"I can't deal with this," he repeated to himself, "not again, I can't deal with this again, you can't make me, you're not real."
---
#360 Posted: 00:15:40 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong immediately spun around, hearing Arlon's yell, but only saw a flash of light as he teleported away. She took a few steps forward, wondering where the alicorn could've gone. "Arlon..." she murmured. She ran over to the stairs, passing Astrello, and looked over the ledge, seeing the room below. It was only occupied by Southern Star. She was busy in the kitchen, completely unaware of what had happened just moments ago.
As much as the blue pegasus wanted to go find out where Arlon had went, she made herself stay in the library. "I can't interfere," she muttered, shaking her head. "I shouldn't get involved with whatever's going on." She flicked her tail, her dark blue gaze set on the ground.
#361 Posted: 02:06:29 05/10/2015
I follow Arlon, determined to help him. Whatever is going on with him, he is a friend, and I will help him. As Southern Star asked me if I would like some food, I nod and tell her that I will be there in a little while.
#362 Posted: 02:11:56 05/10/2015
"One bad egg corrupts the rest... that's why you tried to kill me," Arlon muttered to himself, resting his forehead against the wall with his eyes fixed shut. The jagged remains of his horn scratched the paintwork. "That's- that was always what you said... And look what happened! Looks like you were right!"

'Arlon! Snap out of it! It isn't real. You can push past it, don't let his memory torment you.'

"I can't deal with this anymore, Ideas," Arlon's voice cracked, "Not without my domain. Not in this world I don't understand, with all these reminders of something I just want to forget. Can you hear it? The nightmare? It comes again... Again and again and again, unrelenting, twisting my wants into something so much worse... such sweet nothings."

'Arlon-'

The alicorn kirin drew back into himself, pushing the other entity to the forefront of his mind.

This is what you want, right? Control again? I need time to think. Deal with them, the other alicorn, whatever. I don't want any part of it.
---
#363 Posted: 02:30:18 05/10/2015
"Enough! Leave him alone, whoever you are. Come out of wherever you are hiding and fight me. You will not torment him any longer. Whether you are a nightmare or an actual physical enemy I will destroy you," I say as prepare to fight.
#364 Posted: 04:43:08 05/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Southern Star nodded at Astrello as he went past, still completely oblivious to what was going on.

Starsong opened her mouth, her throat feeling dry, as she watched Astrello head down the tower floors. She tried to croak out words, but couldn't. "I...want to help...I don't want to feel useless..." she thought. "That's part of the reason of me coming on the dangerous quest..." She shook her head and took a deep breath. Spreading her wings, she leapt off the stairs and flew downwards soaring right past Southern Star and heading down the stairs. "I don't want to feel useless anymore. I want to help someone. Even if it isn't my place to..." She stopped the thoughts in her mind and continued flying down the stairs.
On the last set of stairs, the blue pegasus heard Astrello shouting. She stopped in her tracks and flapped her wings a few times, slowing down and landing neatly and quietly on the stairs. She trotted down the last few and peered around the corner, seeing Arlon leaning against the wall and Astrello a few metres behind him, shouting at nothing.
#365 Posted: 04:58:40 05/10/2015
'Arlon- Arlon!' Ideas practically shouted, trying to stir the consciousness that had receeded back on itself. 'Don't just leave me here to- Gah! Forget it.'

'Arlon' gave a twitch, and staggered back from the wall, unsteady on his hooves. Opening his eyes, blinking away the vestiges of tears. They had a slight bluish tinge, as opposed to the near-colourless white, and had an almost kinder look to them, but the alicorn was otherwise the same physically.

"I'm not a nightmare," Ideas croaked, pausing momentarily to adjust to having a voice again after however long, "and I'm not a- what did you call it? A- a physical enemy? Well, I don't think I'm either of those, um, anymore. If you want to get down to it, Arlon is technically, uh, both of those...? Or used to be, anyway."

Coughing, he added, "Oh, name! I- uh- my name is- um... Just call me Initiator, or Ideas, or something- it isn't really my place to give you my real- my old name? Yeah..."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:21:12 05/10/2015 by ReshiramForever
#366 Posted: 07:36:38 05/10/2015
Seeing him as not a threat but rather in pain, I approach him, placing my horn upon, Arlon's forehead. I can restore his horn and maybe even his wings but it will take everything in me. I will be physically exausted for a good while. I look him in the eyes, waiting for his decision. If he does not want his wing restored, well rather recreated, I... What he wishes I will do.
#367 Posted: 04:21:31 06/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong watched the scene in the shadows of the staircase. She was surprised by Arlon's sudden change of personality. "It's like he is someone else," the blue pegasus thought. She didn't dare speak out loud in case the two alicorns heard her. It wasn't like she was going to get in trouble or be attacked for watching, but it didn't really concern her. Even so, she stayed where she was.
#368 Posted: 04:59:42 06/10/2015
"No, no no. I know what you're thinking, and he's tried," Ideas pushed Astrello away, frowning. "He is Protocol, after all. I- from what I know, he's- if breaking the rules of time, or reality, hell, even magic itself, can't fix him, what could you do? Uh, you can't do everything, y'know? Magic has limits, and these are ancient wounds. They're older than me."

Flicking his tail, Ideas added, "besides, he's crazy, and tends to get a little, um, overeager with mind control, possession, and all that. Bad stuff. Why do you think I'm here? Even the Elements of Harmony couldn't split us apart perfectly. You really want to try and fix a monster?"

Listening in on Arlon's thoughts, Ideas could tell that he was muttering back and forth with himself, though the words were unintelligible to him. Arlon was clearly tuned out of the conversation, and from what he could feel of the alicorn's emotions, he couldn't have cared less about what was going on outside.

"Anyway, enough of that, hm?" Ideas perked up, a sincere smile replacing Arlon's usual flatness. "Let's just leave him to deal with his problems, I expect he'll be along shortly. Well, I don't think that'll be a good thing, for, uh, anyone, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, right?"
---
#369 Posted: 05:22:21 06/10/2015
I pull back but do not leave Arlon/Ideas alone. I may not be able to heal him, but at least I can be here for him. I can be here to comfort and support him.
#370 Posted: 23:54:57 07/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong's dark-blue eyes continued watching the scene from the shadows of the staircase. "I didn't realize...how different Arlon was..." she thought.

Southern Star, who was in the middle of making food, trotted upstairs to see only Flash Photography and Supercell.
"Where did the others go?" she asked.
Flash Photography looked up from a book she was reading. "I think they went downstairs."
"They haven't left the tower, have they? It's going to be dark soon." The deer flicked her little tail.
"I don't think they've left, and I'm pretty sure they'll come back." Flash Photography put the book down and trotted over to Supercell. The white unicorn had noticed she looked a little uncomfortable, sleeping against a bookcase, so gathering a little more strength than usual, she surrounded the grey pegasus in some light green magic before lifting her up and slowly moving her over to Southern Star's bed and laying her down. She smiled softly and picked up the book she was reading with her magic again.
Southern Star trotted back down the stairs to continue making food.
#371 Posted: 04:24:07 08/10/2015
Ideas hummed soundly, experimenting with moving his borrowed limbs. It wasn't seamless, appearing quite jerky and unbalanced, but Ideas didn't think he could do anything to really fix it.

"I wonder what he did to make it so believable?" he asked himself. "Hm. Maybe it's because he had more practice? Huh..."

Turning to Starsong, he asked, "Should we go back upstairs? It's- hah, it's been a long time since I've talked to anyone other than Arlon."
---
#372 Posted: 04:40:49 08/10/2015
I walk quietly back into the tower and lay down without a word. Everyone underestimates my power, save my closest friends and family. I sigh and gaze out at the sky. Tears run down my cheeks as I think of Them, my big sisters, Celestia and Luna as well as any others I consider family. I am especially worried about Midnight. Her horn was broken off, but I bet more than that was done to her, after she started the slave revolt. Now she herself is a slave and maybe even a broken one.
#373 Posted: 05:49:23 08/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong blinked in surprise. She didn't realize the older kirin had noticed her standing in the shadows. She moved off the stairs to reveal herself, and then nodded at Arlon. However, it wasn't Arlon. The blue pegasus had heard him say something about Ideas, so she spoke up. "Ideas...?" she said, rather slowly.

Southern Star had finished preparing some snacks, and walked up the stairs onto the library floor, balancing a tray of food on her head. She set it down on a nearby table and trotted over to Astrello, who had come back from being downstairs. "Astrello?" she asked, stopping a few metres behind him. "I've made some food." She glanced back at the table the tray of food was set on. "Would you like some?"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:23:00 08/10/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#374 Posted: 08:03:12 08/10/2015
"Hm? Yeah?" Ideas looked a little confused for a moment. "Oh! Yeah, I- uh, I guess it might be a little confusing... 'Ideas'... heh, sounds a little awkward, doesn't it? I'd just- I'd rather not use my real name, for my- his- my safety. I dunno, I'd seen him- well, from here, I guess- the rest of me isn't really coping too well?"

Ideas laughed nervously, rubbing his leg with his other hoof. "Ah, sorry, this isn't really relevant to anything. We both- we just want to go home. I want to leave his head, and-" he shook his head, "well, I can't really say for sure what Arlon wants. I don't know."
---
#375 Posted: 08:25:17 08/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"It's alright, I'll call you Ideas." Starsong said, flicking her tail. "There's much more about Arlon that I don't know. He's one of the most interesting yet mysterious ponies I've ever met." she thought. "So...you're not...Arlon..." The blue pegasus began slowly. "Are you...another part of him or something?"
#376 Posted: 09:12:21 08/10/2015
"Um- technically?" Ideas frowned for a moment. "How do I explain this... When he- I- we were kind of... when he possessed me- uh- when we got hit by the Elements of Harmony, gods... three years ago, it must've been... I dunno, but the Elements... ripped him out of me, I suppose. But there was this little- a tiny part of us were combined into one? A bit of me - well, me - went with him, and I guess a little part of him stayed behind."

Ideas laughed again, flicking his ears, clearly a little flustered. "I'm really bad at explaining this, I'm sorry. But- no, I'm not Arlon. I'm- I'm a part of him, yes, but I came from somewhere else. The- the pony that he possessed. Kind of ironic, isn't it? Now I'm doing the same... different scenario, of course, so, um..."
---
#377 Posted: 10:14:45 08/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Seeing Ideas flustered and struggling to answer, Starsong lowered her ears and stepped back. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." She apologized. "I'm just...curious." She looked away from a moment before looking back at Ideas. "I've never met anypony like you before. You're very different, and I'm not saying that as a bad thing. You're quite interesting too, you...and Arlon."
#378 Posted: 20:03:49 08/10/2015
"Yes, some food would be nice. That smells good. Thank you, Southern Star," I say as I levitate the food over to me. Tears stream down my face as I set down the box with Midnight's horn.
#379 Posted: 21:08:38 08/10/2015
"Interesting? Oh- I wouldn't-" Ideas laughed nervously, a silvery blush alighting across his face. "I mean- yeah, I suppose, we being Hyperborean alicorns... but, um, thank you."

Heading towards the stairs, his movement a little stiff and sluggish, he continued, "um- Arlon, though... when he comes back - I don't know when - be- be careful around him. He- he's gotten better over the years, I'll admit that- but- uh- he's gone... gone round the twist a bit, I think the saying goes. Not the first time, but, uh, just- he's dangerous. Really dangerous."
---
#380 Posted: 01:04:35 09/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Southern Star nodded and backed away slowly, leaving Astrello alone for a white. She picked up the tray with the remaining food for Flash Photography and Supercell, and then trotted downstairs to the kitchen again.

Starsong smiled slightly and shuffled over a little bit so they would both have enough room to walk up the stairs. "He's dangerous?" she blinked. "How? Power-wise?" She paused for a moment, knowing she probably shouldn't have asked another question. "Sorry, you don't have to answer that. And okay, I'll be careful around him when he comes back."
#381 Posted: 01:50:30 09/10/2015
"Even with his domain- even if he hadn't been ripped apart," Ideas' mane flicked as he replied anyway, "he isn't that powerful compared to other alicorns. Not that it bothers him- he- there's something he can do, breaiing his own rules- that, uh, makes it not really matter. It's what- it's what he can do with magic. With, um, minds."

Ideas sighed wearily. "The thing is- if he doesn't get what he wants, even after his apparent 'redemption' he went through, I don't think he'll hesitate to try those old tricks again. I'm- I'd just rather, after what I'd been through, how the rest of me is still- well, it'd just be better to be cautious. He was a Nightmare himself, after all.

"Anyway," Ideas brightened, "enough about me! What about you?"
---
#382 Posted: 02:05:13 09/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong stayed silent as Ideas spoke, not really sure how to respond, but listening intently, her little ears twitching. "Hopefully Arlon doesn't do anything too bad when he comes back," she thought to herself. "And hopefully nothing too bad happens."
She blinked in surprise as Ideas changed the subject to her. "M-me?" She said. "What do you want to know? Not that there's really anything to know, I'm just an average pony from Ponyville..." She broke off, raising a hoof to push her mane away from her face.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:11:52 09/10/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#383 Posted: 06:30:18 09/10/2015
Ideas shrugged. "Hyperborea's Ponyville is an interesting place with interesting people, and not only because of my daughter and the other Elements of Harmony. Why should this world's be any different?" His question was genuinely curious, the alicorn cocking his head in mild confusion. "Everyone's important, even if some of the more... arrogant alicorns don't think so."
---
#384 Posted: 06:46:26 09/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"I think you...I mean, Arlon...has mentioned another Equestria a few times. I really didn't know another one existed." Starsong said, beginning to walk very slowly up the staircase. "I suppose you're right. But I'm really just a regular pegasus who has a talent of singing and making music, along with an interest of the stars in Princess Luna's night sky. I don't really myself as important in any way."
#385 Posted: 13:12:26 09/10/2015
"Hyperborea - and as we know it, Ioka - are just two worlds in the myriads that exist," Ideas hummed, "and more closely aligned than most, I think- I mean- I don't know a lot about what happened here, but Nightmares Moon and Invictus were both trapped in the moon for a- a millennium."

He paused for a moment. "Most tend to dismiss the 'other worlds' theory, though. I guess it's- it's hard to really comprehend unless something- someone that so obviously proves it comes along."

Ideas laughed again, his tail flicking anxiously at the mention of Princess Luna's stars, but didn't comment on it, "no, no. That's good! Really! Yeah... it's- it's- it's good to have talents! I-... well, anything but regular, really. You're helping to do this, aren't you? I don't think- I don't think there'd be many out there willing to make a difference, y'know."
---
#386 Posted: 01:10:18 10/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Well, I believe you, about the other Equestria," Starsong said, "Even if it is a little hard for me to get my head around it and how it would work." She paused as Ideas spoke again and stopped walking, her ears twitching again, and sighed. "Heh...I guess you're right about that. I just want Equestria to go back to the way it was before the mist attacked."
#387 Posted: 08:06:00 11/10/2015
Ideas smiled, satisfied with Starsong's answer. "That is good."

He fell silent for a little while, contemplating asking Arlon how he fared. Deciding better against disturbing the god, Ideas flicked his tail, his borrowed nose twitching as he scratched at his beard.

"Did you know that they're alive?" he began, his question vague. Pausing for a moment, he elaborated further. "The- the celestial entities, I mean. The worlds themselves. The stars. All of it. Actually, that gives me an idea- hah, the Initiator of Ideas has an idea, go figure- um- maybe-"
---
#388 Posted: 09:54:31 11/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Alive?" Starsong turned around, looking at Ideas, a little confused. "Do you mean like, Equestria itself...is alive...?" She shook her head, immediately feeling stupid after saying that. "What exactly do you mean, Ideas?"

Southern Star had trotted upstairs, and was now standing awkwardly by the staircase, not sure what to do. She noticed it was very quiet in the library. Supercell was still sleeping, and Flash Photography was sitting in a corner, reading. Really, the only sound from everyone was steady breathing.
The deer glanced over at Prince Astrello. He had his back to the others in the room, eating, with a box close to him. Part of her wanted to talk to him, and another part of her told her she shouldn't. Instead of making a decision, she sat down on the cold floor by the stairs, shivering slightly, draping her long galaxy mane over her back to keep her a little warm. She had another thought and decided to wait for someone to come to her, instead of going to someone.
#389 Posted: 11:31:39 11/10/2015
Ideas thought hard on how to answer the question, a slight pinch to the corner of his mouth.

"Have you... have you ever heard the theory that the world rests on the back of a turtle? No matter, no matter... hm..." Ideas frowned. "Maybe it'll be easier to talk about- huh- hm... Hemera and Nyx; Hyperborea's sun and moon, Polaris, Mintaka, Sirius, Phad... Acamar, Regulus, Tali, Wynn, Algol..." he listed the names slowly, his eyes unfocused as he reflected back on his thousand years' worth of dreams granted the stars, his personal experiences dealing with them flitting through his fractured memories. "... ... Almundra... I don't know if these names mean anything to you. Maybe some of the stars here share their names, I don't- I don't know. It's my daughter's- or, rather, this 'Princess Luna's' job- to wake them up and put them to sleep every dusk and dawn."

His wing stubs twitching, he looked up at the roof, as if trying to look through the ceiling. "I could ask if they know anything- the stars, the moon, anything... I- I think I need his help, though. Arlon's. As it is, I'm not- I'm not strong enough to do it alone. Even before- it was always my youngest brother's talent, dealing with the night and her guardians..."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:35:29 11/10/2015 by ReshiramForever
#390 Posted: 00:21:44 12/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong looked at the ground for a moment, thinking, before looking back up at Ideas. "I think I read about the world being on the back of a large turtle like creature..." she murmured. "It was an ancient book in Twilight Sparkle's library. I can't remember what it was called though."

She paused as Ideas spoke again, listing off names. "I haven't heard any of those names before. I didn't think all stars had names. I know a few stars do, and I know about some constellation names." She smiled softly. "Despite my interest in stars, I haven't learnt everything yet." She looked up at the ceiling for a moment. "I wouldn't mind asking Princess Luna more about her night, if I was ever able to talk to her. But, she's currently missing, so that would have to wait."
#391 Posted: 01:57:35 12/10/2015
"The name of the book, or the name of the world?" he had a wry smile, yet it quickly dropped away, chewing his lip anxiously.

"Could- could, uh, you could ask me." Ideas' smile had returned, albeit faint and hesitant, "I mean- I have nothing to do with the night, being... being Ideas, and all... but- uh-"

He chuckled nervously, his ears flicking. "Of course- I've- hell, I- I'm quite close... to a few of them, anyway. Hyperborea's stars. And Nyx... I mean- Twilight- she's the alicorn of the Stars, after all, why wouldn't I- wouldn't I know a couple... heh... ahhh, bad idea. Shouldn't have brought it up, sorry... Not... not Luna, can't compare..."

Good job, genius, Arlon's thoughts cut across his rambling, cold and ill-humoured. I'd tried to keep all mentions of Hyperborea to a minimum, but thanks for ruining that, by the way. What next; are you going to tell her that you had a little 'relationship' with a star?
---
#392 Posted: 05:22:04 12/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"The name of the book." Starsong replied, shuffling awkwardly on one step, as they had both stopped walking. "And Twilight is the alicorn of Friendship in this Equestria..." The blue pegasus broke off for a moment and looked at Ideas. "Wait...the stars...they're actual beings...?" She tilted her head, a little confused, and then shook her head. "You don't have to answer that. I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions. But the things you're telling are things I've never read about in any book or heard about. It's all new to me."
#393 Posted: 09:23:03 12/10/2015
Ideas took a while to respond, his breathing quickening slightly as he thought of what to say to his elder brother, a slight blush tingeing his cheeks at Arlon's suggestion. Arlon himself hadn't moved, still curled up at the back of his own head, but Ideas noticed that the alicorn was watching.

'I'm- I wasn't going to- does it matter?' he replied shakily.

Evidently not, came Arlon's reply, weary as it was. Fine, I apologise, that was uncalled for. Happy now?

More silence, for a time. 'Are you doing okay? Do you want to come back now, or-?'

No. I'm thankful for such a reprieve, especially one so soon, but they'll come back, I'm sure of it. Thanks for the concern, though. It's- it's more than I deserve. I'm sorry.

Ideas didn't have time to respond, before Arlon drew back inside himself. Prodding the silvery consciousness, Ideas realised that he had already fallen asleep.

"W- what was that?" Ideas shifted, blinking. "The stars? Yes, they're- they're sentient. Same with the sun and moon. Only- only the alicorns can talk to them. Naturally, anyway, without needing lifelong training, unless they- a star- were to Fall, which might explain why you wouldn't know about them."

Ideas sighed. "Very few choose to, though. Once a star falls, they can never be returned to the night unless their- their goddess, alicorn, whichever term you want to use, finds them. Seeing as Twilight- seeing as she wasn't around until a- a couple of years ago, when she ascended, no star before then could go home to her sisters. If this Twilight, if she's Friendship- would Luna be both the Moon and the Stars? Hm..."
---
#394 Posted: 09:31:30 12/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"That's incredible," Starsong murmured, her dark-blue gaze on the stairs below her. "The stars...they're alive...they're actual beings..." She tried to process the information through her head, and then heard Ideas speak about Princess Luna. She lifted her head to look at him again. "I believe so. As Celestia controls the day, Luna controls the night, and I'm guessing that includes the stars, since they are in her night sky." She paused for a moment. "Do you have a Princess Luna in your world, or does your Twilight control the night?"
#395 Posted: 10:10:48 12/10/2015
"Hm. Unusual." Ideas said. "Not unheard of, though, I don't think. None- no one in my family, barring Twilight, of course, represent any of the physical aspects of the world, except Niomedes, technically, if you consider Aperture, so I could be wrong."

Cocking his head at Starsong's question, he tapped a hoof to his chin. "My sister believes that, yes, there are equivalents to Luna and - Celestia, is it? - in Canterlot. I dunno. There's two sisters that share their names and relative appearance, but they're mortal. Luna is one of my sister's Centurions. Celestia- I'm not too sure. Lady Mi Amore Cadenza, though, the Queen has no doubt has a counterpart back home. A pegasus descended from the few survivors of the ruined Crystal Empire.

"Anyway," he continued, "Twilight is the Stars alone. And Wishes, technically. Hemera and Nyx move themselves through the heavens. They- they both always said that there used to be an alicorn that guided them, a singular goddess, but she's been dead for a very long time."
---
#396 Posted: 10:29:23 12/10/2015 | Topic Creator
The blue pegasus and the older kirin were still at the bottom of the stairs, having not made much progress going up to them due to their conversation, so Starsong fully turned around on the stairs, facing Ideas.
"Yeah, there's a Princess Cadence here. She's in the Crystal Empire, being protected by the magic of the Crystal Heart and the rock wall that was built around the city. Though, I think the magic there will fade soon, like it did around Twilight's Castle." Starsong said. "Stars and wishes? That's amazing. I wonder what it would be like having the power of those things." She stopped for a moment. "So...the day and night come and go without any alicorn in your world physically moving the sun and the moon? Wow."
#397 Posted: 10:48:22 12/10/2015
Ideas nodded. "Yeah, they haven't needed help for seven thousand years, give or take a century or two. The old goddess of the heavens put the last of her magic in them as she died, since there would be no one who knew how to move them if she passed. Some argue that Twilight isn't even necessary, or whatever, but even the sun and moon seem so much brighter just with her around. They- the stars- they dance. They didn't used to, before Twilight."

Ideas looked down at Starsong, his bluish silver eyes taking on a somewhat sad cast. "Fading? That's- gah, that's unfortunate. This- this Nightmare needs to be stopped. I just don't get- why is it alive? An alicorn's madness... no wonder Arlon fears that if Protocol comes, they'll- they'll just join together... Awful..."
---
#398 Posted: 11:15:35 12/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Every major thing seems to happen in thousand year periods, doesn't it?" Starsong smiled slightly. "I'm guessing the night sky would be rather beautiful in your world, wouldn't it?" She looked up the ceiling, as if she was looking up at the night sky. "I wouldn't mind seeing it. Ah well. Princess Luna's night sky is beautiful as well." She looked back down at Ideas. She wasn't quite sure what or who 'Protocol' was, and decided it would be better not to ask. She guessed that she might find out later on. "I thought the mist would have disappeared or faded out of existence when Nightmare Moon was destroyed, but, I guess it didn't."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:16:26 12/10/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#399 Posted: 23:44:56 12/10/2015
Ideas smirked. "A thousand years? Must've been a busy one each millennium, hm?" His antlers flickered with blue magic, a few silver sparks interspersed throughout as he momentarily tested it. "My little star did her domain justice- I- I'm little more than a voice in this monster's head, but I'm proud of her all the same- the- I'm sure the rest of me agrees. It'd been such a long time since a new awakened alicorn had wandered Hyperborea... not for two and a half thousand years since the Queen found her role... Not that- not that there hasn't been any other alicorns, but..."

There was an almost haunted look to his eyes as he added in an undertone, "but I- I digress. What of the alicorns here?"
---
#400 Posted: 00:33:56 13/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"The alicorns here?" Starsong blinked her dark blue eyes. "Well, there are...five." She paused, listing them off in her head. "Celestia, Luna, Astrello, Cadence, and Twilight. Three of them are missing, one is hiding, and one is with us. I'm pretty sure those five are the only alicorns that live here...and I don't know if there any others outside of Equestria."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:35:50 13/10/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
First | Previous | Page 8 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me