Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists
First | Previous | Page 7 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists [CLOSED]
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#301 Posted: 04:06:35 12/09/2015
"Smart decision." Arlon said shortly, before stopping. "Ideas, I swear to the gods if you-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence, as he appeared to be punched in the head by something unseen. Reeling, Arlon growled something unintelligible, flames curling around his muzzle as he staggered forwards.

"You idiot! Do you want us killed, you selfish brat?"
---
self professed austGAYlian
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#302 Posted: 04:37:53 12/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong blinked her dark blue eyes, stopping a short way behind him, seeing him reel back, as if he was punched into the face. She opened her mouth to try say something, but nothing came out, so she shut it.

Supercell finally noticed Starsong had gone, and she stopped walking and looked around. She spotted Arlon and Starsong heading off in another direction.
"Hey, Starsong just left us." The grey pegasus nudged Flash Photography.
Flash Photography looked back briefly. "Ah, she went with Arlon." She thought back to when she and Arlon were in the throne room. "I'm sure she'll be okay with him." She looked back at Fallen Star and Southern Star. "Now what I think we should do, is try calm down this crazy prince and get him to lower his shield. I don't know if Southern Star likes being stuck in there with him."
"That's if he listens to us. He doesn't even care about us." Supercell muttered, beating her wings and hovering beside Flash Photography. "He only cares about the deer, even thought he met her a few minutes ago."
"Mm. Let's just go." Flash Photography trotted forward, and Supercell flew along beside her.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:38:06 12/09/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#303 Posted: 17:13:51 12/09/2015
Fallen Star hears this and gathers the two within the shield as well. My eyes glint in the light, before I vanish and the other original me, Prince Astrello, collapses at their hooves. Cold sweat covers my entire body. Shadows surround me and among the shadows, stands Fallen Star. I gently pick, me, the little prince, up and lay me across my back. Turning to the others, I feel their discomfort. Conjuring separate shields around them, I remain within my own. Seeing something out of the corner of my eye, I lay the other me, Prince Astrello, beside them and move to shield him and the rest of you from harm. Lighting arks from my horn and blasts apart another window shattering more glass.

"Stay behind me, something is not right. I may be strong, but the other me, the little prince, Astrello, is not. We know not what awaits us beyond this threshold, but together, we can overcome it. However, we will need all of us, including my original self, Prince Astrello. I...I pause as the other me, begins to stir. Little prince, how are you feeling," I ask, gently stroking the original me with a hoof.

"I'm alright, just a little...Whoa, maybe I'm not alright. I feel so weak," I say, as the other me, Fallen Star helps me up.

"Well, we must find a safe place to rest, then we will gather our strength, until we are all ready, Fallen Star says, to me and the others. First we must find a good and secure place to do so."
#304 Posted: 21:58:29 12/09/2015
This time, Arlon's reaction was near instantaneous, utilising Protocol's rune to shatter the shield with a burst of silver magic even as he still clutched his head in his hooves.

Wincing a little as the not-magic passed through his broken horn, taking with it the slightest sliver of his sanity, he straightened, forcing Ideas back with an angry hush.

"I may have lost Protocol," he snarled, though he still didn't turn back, "but I am still its god! Do not force my hand, runt," Arlon turned his head slightly, showing one of his silver eyes, "or you might just find yourself without your precious abilities, won't you? You want to fight me? I'd be happy to level the playing field."
---
#305 Posted: 22:32:11 12/09/2015
"Don't try me, stranger. You have yet to see my full power and if you threaten me enough, my original self, Prince Astrello, shall fight you as well. Two alicorns against one is not at all in your favor. Even if he does not fight with me, no one has power over the shadows like I do. Your anger only makes me stronger, fool. Fighting me would be your downfall. To be truthful, quite frankly I really don't care what you want, my original self, my little prince, Astrello and his friends are all that matter. You and I will fight when the others are safe if you wish, but not before," my other self, Fallen Star says and without a second glance he creates a new shield and starts walking off.
#306 Posted: 23:27:46 12/09/2015
Again, the shield cracked, and again, another tiny scrap of his sanity was lost to the aether. In the long term, Arlon considered the detriments to himself, before deciding that he could easily regain what he lost later on. Sanity was less important than his vitality, and even the memories he had come to hate.

"Anger? Perhaps, perhaps not. And what is a mere shadow when the very laws of reality were once mine to play with as I pleased?" Arlon paused, before letting out a long bark of laughter, continuing coldly. "Look. I don't care. Leave the others alone."

Muttering to himself, he added, "how did I end up as the reasonable one?"

--

In another place, the amorphous cloud of silver magic glanced back, its surface darkening. Its pursuers were close; it could feel them, lurking in the shadows, trying to keep it down. No. It couldn't allow it. It needed to find its other half. The hunger yearned inside of it; dark thoughts of conquest, which it couldn't have known was from centuries past.

The worlds must be ordered. They must be perfect. It couldn't allow anything less. It needed the power to restore balance.

"Protocol, stop." Science stepped out from between the trees, her snowy white wings outstretched as she approached it. "I'm trying to help!"

"Help?" Protocol's voice came out as a wintery wail, the shade shifting. "No... You can't be. I must restore order. I must make things perfect once more! I must restore order..."

And with that, the shade of Protocol cast itself into Tartarus, magic glinting behind it as it forced Niomedes back.
---
#307 Posted: 23:36:32 12/09/2015
The shields around the others disappear, the other me, Fallen Star repairs my shield before continuing on. I don't care what Arlon is saying, or what he wants, all I care about is the original me, my little prince, Astrello and his friends. Currently this stranger is not any friend of mine, as he struck my original self, Astrello. Still all that matters is the safety of original me, Prince Astrello, as well as the others. This stranger can go jump in a deep lake for all I care. The original me, shakes my head at all of this. No one is going to hurt either of us, for we will protect one another.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:39:39 12/09/2015 by Wyrstel
#308 Posted: 23:59:02 12/09/2015 | Topic Creator
"Why can't we all just get along?" Flash Photography whined.
Supercell nudged her roughly, telling her to get a hold of herself.
Southern Star, now free from Prince Astrello's shield, and her own, ran over to the two other ponies. She was panting, even thought she hadn't run far at all. "I am so confused as to what is happening."
"You're not the only one." Supercell murmured, looking between Astrello and Fallen Star, and Arlon, who was a distance away.

Starsong was standing behind a broken wall, peering around the side to watch the scene in front of her. She had decided to hide and not interfere until the two alicorns had stopped interacting.

-

Another window was shattered, and another wall of mist rose up outside of the throne room, covering the first. "That little brat," the first mist creature hissed, his yellow eyes gleaming.
"How are there two of him?" The second one asked.
"How does he have that much power?" The third one added.
The first mist creature growled. "His shadow side isn't that strong. Only if they work together can they break our shield. He can't break it alone."
#309 Posted: 00:36:46 13/09/2015
Arlon took a deep breath, flicking his tail.

"Thousands of years old, and I'm acting like a teenager," he growled to himself. "Calm down, Announcer. Calm down. We can fix this."
---
#310 Posted: 21:23:07 14/09/2015
"Fallen Star, I think we should give them time before I introduce you. Currently I am the only part of me that they know. When they are ready you can come out again and meet them, alright," the original me, Prince Astrello says to the other me, Fallen Star.

I, Fallen Star, nod and slowly vanish into the shadows surrounding me. There is so much that they don't know about me, but that is for another time. Right now, we have a quest that we are on and we will free Equestria. Standing before them again is my original self, the gentle prince, Astrello.
#311 Posted: 02:51:53 15/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Supercell, Flash Photography, and Southern Star watched as Fallen Star faded away and Prince Astrello stood in his place.

"Well, he's back." Starsong slowly walked out from behind the wall, standing a few metres away from Arlon.

"It seems the prince changed back." One of the mist creatures by the window said.
"Huh." The first mist creature yawned.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:52:07 15/09/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#312 Posted: 02:09:38 16/09/2015
"Sorry if Fallen Star scared you all. He is terribly protective. He was all I had for a long time," I say, quietly before moving forward without another world.
#313 Posted: 07:13:10 16/09/2015
'He's normal again.' Ideas still seemed troubled, pacing back and forth.

Define normal, Arlon replied stiffly, thinking private thoughts of wringing both alicorns' necks that he was stuck with. Maybe Ideas knew what he was thinking, seeing as he had punched the other mind? He was correct in believing that there would be retribution eventually.

Of the other, he didn't quite know how to describe Astrello, or the split-personality he'd named 'Fallen Star'.

'Well- um, less, uh, ax-crazy than before.'

"That was an intriguing experience I'd love to revisit again." Arlon said coldly, inclining his head. "Are we done with this little escapade?"
---
#314 Posted: 08:10:57 16/09/2015 | Topic Creator
A loud roar came from inside the Canterlot Castle and one wall of the throne room was suddenly destroyed. A large wave-like formation of mist appeared through the dust cloud and cascaded down the castle and landed in-between the two groups of ponies.

"Enough of this!" The 'higher-ranking' mist hissed. "If you fools won't come up the throne room and face me, I'll come down and face you instead." The mist creature swiveled around, and when he saw Arlon, his yellow eyes gleamed. "So you're the second alicorn," he murmured. "Hmph."
The mist creature raised his arms and the dark mist began to cover the ground and the buildings, making the surrounding area look like it was cloaked in shadow.
"Now here comes the fun part of dealing with you ponies." The mist creature smiled. "Making you fall into your deepest and darkest nightmares!"

The 'higher-ranked' mist creature floated towards Arlon and Starsong, while another mist creature floated towards Prince Astrello. Another one of the mist creatures dissolved into the mist on the ground and made its way towards Supercell. The mist began to swirl around the grey pegasus's body, and then her dark purple eyes closed and she fell to the ground.
"Supercell!" Flash Photography cried, while taking a few steps back with Southern Star.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:02:19 16/09/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#315 Posted: 11:13:42 16/09/2015
Arlon took a step back, his eyes narrowing slightly. Magic crackled around his antlers and broken horn, his wing stumps twitching, but otherwise he didn't attack. Watching Supercell fall, his draconic silver eyes met the mist's yellow.

'"Nightmares?"' Ideas faltered. 'Oh no. No, no no no...'

I appreciate the input, Arlon replied forcefully, really, I do. But if you don't shut up, now, that abomination won't be the only one you'll have to deal with.

To his relief, the fragment of his little brother's consciousness stayed quiet. Debating what to do that didn't involve his immediate departure, the Announcer opened his mouth.

"I suppose an introduction is in order, is it not?" Arlon's ear twitched, though his voice was calm. "It's against social ettiquette to conduct in such affairs as this, without a proper greeting and a 'hello'. Are we not civilised individuals, at the very least?"

'What are you doing?'

Stalling.
---
#316 Posted: 11:40:02 16/09/2015 | Topic Creator
The mist creature moving towards Arlon suddenly stopped as he spoke. "Hah!" The mist's yellow eyes narrowed. "You think acting nice and civilized will delay your defeat? Think again." His eyes darted to the small blue pegasus standing in Arlon's shadow. "However, I may keep you awake for a while to see and hear any more attempts you have to stall. But I'm not going to say the same for the little wretch standing in your shadow!" He raised his arm and two mist-like arrows flew out from behind him and headed towards Arlon and Starsong.
#317 Posted: 13:14:19 16/09/2015
Arlon continued as if the mist hadn't spoken, though an arc of lightning lanced from his antlers, fending the arms back.

"'Defeat?' How presumptuous." Arlon cocked his head, one of his brows raised, a slight smirk alighting his figures. "I suppose I'll begin, then? Very well. My name is Arlon Invictus, the alicorn of Protocol, regent of Equestria, son of Music, et cetera, et cetera. Have you heard of me? My sister used to visit Celestia often. Then again, I'm not sure how much you know.

Pausing for a moment, taking a deep breath, "Nightmare Moon? I'm curious to know if you're the cause, or the by-product. You could consider me an equivalent, actually."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:33:27 16/09/2015 by ReshiramForever
#318 Posted: 15:31:32 16/09/2015
Starlight, so bright and brilliant that I seem invisible blankets my entire being. I lower my head and beams of the light spear through the mist. I am not afraid, well not really, but I remain strong for all that are with me, striding toward the great mist, with determination and resolve. As I see it effecting the others, it only strengthens my resolve. Every now and then a cascade of the starlight, streams forth from me, smashing hard into the mist.
#319 Posted: 01:30:45 17/09/2015 | Topic Creator
"We're not connected to Princess Luna, or Rarity this time." The mist creature began. "We knew that if we captured the princesses, Equestria may fall into despair, and we were right. Apart from the Crystal Empire and Princess Twilight's castle, we collected the negative energy and the nightmares many ponies have had, and now, we're stronger than before. And now, since Twilight's castle was destroyed, we've collected all the energy from the ponies there."
Sensing that Prince Astrello was firing starlight blasts behind him, he raised a strong mist wall-like formation in-between the two groups.

The mist was blasted with the starlight beams, but it always seemed to reformed again. However, it stayed a few metres away from Prince Astrello, unsure of what to do.
Flash Photography stepped in front of Southern Star. She lowered her head, her horn glowing, and fired small light beams towards the mist, keeping it back.

"Why is it so hot today?"
If there was one thing Supercell hated, it was hot weather. She was sitting in the shade of a tree, flapping her wings, trying to create a breeze for herself. She looked up at the clear, blue sky, and suddenly, spotted a grey rain cloud, and immediately flew up to it. "What's this one rain cloud doing here?" she murmured. She looked around, and saw a crowd of pegasus ponies flying at full speed towards her. She was about to shout in surprise when they charged into her, pushing and shoving her aside, trying to reach for the cloud.
The grey pegasus was in the middle of this, being pushing by someone's hooves or shoved right into another pony. "Hey! Stop!" she cried.
With the heat being down onto her, and the mass of ponies crowding around her and the rain cloud, Supercell began to feel extremely light-headed and was finding it hard to breath. She tried to kick her way out of the crowd, but it was useless.

Supercell didn't know she was experiencing a nightmare. It felt real to her. She twitched in her sleep, unable to wake up by herself.
#320 Posted: 02:09:55 17/09/2015
Arlon chuckled.

"An effective strategy, and you can thank me for destroying the castle. My old apprentice thought it would do to force my people to abide by Order if he destroyed the Crystal Empire. Either way, that doesn't answer my question."
---
#321 Posted: 02:22:56 17/09/2015 | Topic Creator
"A by-product of Nightmare Moon?" The mist creature paused. "I suppose we are. Though, after the princess was defeated, she thought we would disappear, but we were simply transported to the moon once again. We were able to gather enough strength through the cycle of the new moon, and, here we are." His yellow eyes narrowed. "I don't see why our history matters to you."
Starsong shuffled behind Arlon, but kept her eyes on the nightmare mist creature in front of them.
#322 Posted: 02:45:06 17/09/2015
"Following my sister's ideals of curiosity, and nothing more." Arlon shrugged. "I have never known of a nightmare that lingered after its redemption. Though..."

Arlon looked away for a moment, his expression creased.

"Where did you come from, Ideas? Was it when the Elements split us apart? Or just a result if my relative instability that I believe you to just be a mere product of my intellect that took mind of its own?"

'I- I guess? What kind of question is that? We need to get out of here!'

"Does Wheatley have a part of me still- hm, I wonder."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:36:44 17/09/2015 by ReshiramForever
#323 Posted: 20:01:16 17/09/2015
Seeing Supercell thrashing about, or rather crying out in hersleep, I dive into the deep mist driving away all around me until I reach her. I trot over to her and pick her up before leaping out of the mist and laying her down beside me. I stand guard over her, not allowing the mist to approach her, as I continue to fight it.
#324 Posted: 02:08:23 18/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Seeing that Arlon was slightly distracted, the mist creature facing him shot four mist arrows in his direction.
Starsong, standing behind Arlon, wanted to help, but she didn't know how. She wasn't a unicorn, so she couldn't use any magic, and her talent wouldn't be very useful either.

Flash Photography kept firing small light beams in the mist in front of her, but the mist was moving closer. Suddenly, it dashed towards her and knocked her over, and then reached Southern Star, who had been standing behind her. It began to swirl around her. "Flash Photography! Prince Astrello!" she shouted, trying to swipe at the mist beginning surrounding her.

Supercell was still asleep, but her nightmare had faded due to her not being surrounded by the nightmare mist anymore.
#325 Posted: 02:37:35 18/09/2015
Arlon staggered back, a half-completed yell forcing itself from his throat.

He saw a great, glittering mass of bronze and gold, fury-filled eyes the same colour as Niomedes' staring him down, as smoke unfurled from those vast jaws. A mistake had been made. One venture into mind control magic had gone horribly, horribly wrong.

His little sister, his little Niomedes, was crying, clutching her bleeding wing, hurt by the magical fallout caused by his idiotic mistake.

"Dad!" His own wings quivered as he backed away from Cave Invictus, king of the dragons, and father of Hyperborea's then-two kirin alicorns. "I didn't mean to! I'm sorry!

'Fight it!' Ideas' voice seemed distant. 'It's not real! Fight it!'

Arlon's eyes were fixed shut, though he was still standing, magic flickering along his antlers as an ancient pain seemed to echo along his forehead and withers, the old kirin quivering.

As a half-conscious effort, Arlon shot a stream of silvery flames at his adversary.
---
#326 Posted: 11:15:35 18/09/2015 | Topic Creator
The silvery flames were able to destroy the mist arrows. "Good aim." The mist creature muttered, staring at the alicorn and the pegasus as his long mist fingers curled and created two fists.

Starsong had stepped back just in time to avoid Arlon bumping into her. "Arlon? Are you alright?" she asked quietly, stepping out from behind him and looking up at alicorn with his eyes tightly shut.
#327 Posted: 15:00:01 18/09/2015
Dreams, or memories?

Pain. So much pain. Screaming, both his and his sisters.

"Nio... don't look, don't look..." How had he managed to bring up the words, when he couldn't remember anything else except the unrelenting pain.

Cave was yelling something; he couldn't tell what. Something red splattered the ground. He could still see Cave's teeth; tearing, biting, cruel. His wings, his wings that he'd known for the last sixty-odd years of his childhood, those dark feathers with the silver scales, on the ground, bloodied and near-unrecognisable.

Why were they on the ground?

He barely had time to react. He couldn't think straight. He staggered to his little hooves, and tried to run. Anything to get away. Anywhere. To find mother. To leave. Anything.

All he saw was one of those massive, hateful paws sweeping in for the hit.

-

It still hurt. Thousands of years later, it still hurt.

"I'm fine," Arlon hissed, cracking open his eyes. He swept away a few tears, staring back at the mist with a snarl. Straightening, he continued, "I'm fantastic. But you know what? Now, I'm angry."
---
#328 Posted: 16:49:17 18/09/2015
Seeing Southern Star in danger, I quickly charge in, grabbing her gently by the hoof and leading her out of the mist. Returning to Supercell with Southern Star, I stand guard protecting both of them. I affectionately stroke Southern Star with a hoof to cam her and reassure her.
#329 Posted: 23:33:38 18/09/2015 | Topic Creator
"Oh?" The mist creature's yellow eyes glowed for a moment and he grinned at Arlon. "Are you actually going to fight me now?"

"Thank you, Astrello." Southern Star said quietly, relieved she hadn't fallen into a deep sleep like Supercell. She smiled gently at the prince, and then stepped behind him and sat beside Supercell.
Some of the mist rose up, formed a claw-like formation, and launched forward, towards Prince Astrello.
#330 Posted: 00:27:56 19/09/2015
Arlon's expression twitched. "I believe the antithesis to the dark, the night, moon, whatever, is fire. Heat." he cocked his head, his draconian tail pushing Starsong back. "I've considered my chances. I quite like the odds, actually."

He paused for a moment, his dark mane flicking as he tapped a hoof to his chin in mock consideration. "I am Protocol itself, no? Every little rule, process, order and balance itself, is mine to call upon its power, as is my right. What is a mere fragment of a goddess' grief and anger to me?"

And with that, he attacked, flames curling around his muzzle as he lunged.
---
#331 Posted: 05:13:42 19/09/2015
I glow brilliantly as I wage war with the mist. I will not allow it to touch, let alone reach my friends. My eyes glisten as the night sky in the light.
#332 Posted: 09:09:23 19/09/2015 | Topic Creator
After being slightly pushed back by Arlon's tail, Starsong kept walking back until she was safely behind a broken wall. "I wish I could help," she murmured. "But I'm useless in this situation."

Even though Arlon was fast, the mist creature was able to dodge, but only barely. He hissed as part of his mist body was burned to nothing by the alicorn's flames. He dove into the mist covering the ground and then rose up quickly next to Arlon, attempting to knock him off balance.

Flash Photography glanced sideways as the mist claw was destroyed by a blast of starlight from Prince Astrello. She hesitated before running over and standing beside the prince. Her horn glowed as she gathered up some extra strength, and then she fired more light blasts at the mist in front of them.
#333 Posted: 15:09:25 19/09/2015
Arlon was caught unawares by the creature descending into the mist and rising up again, though he quickly recovered with a roll. The stubs of his wings twitching, as to dislodge the embers that clung to his non-existent feathers.

Seeing parts of the mist evaporate as his flames hit, Arlon smiled, his pointed teeth glinting as he shot forward once again, sparks flying around his antlers as he called upon the magic that once belonged to Twilight's castle.
---
#334 Posted: 02:37:47 21/09/2015 | Topic Creator
The mist creature was hit by Arlon and the magic, and flew back a few metres from the blow.
Starsong peered around the broken wall. "Arlon couldn't have charged into that mist creature if it was completely mist. Are some parts of their body solid?" she murmured.
The mist creature hissed, stood up, and charged into Arlon, aiming to knock him over and make him fall backwards.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:15:55 21/09/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#335 Posted: 13:42:56 22/09/2015
Arlon frowned, having come to a similar conclusion.

But- wasn't it- how is the nightmare solid? Is there something in there? Arlon didn't have time to reflect more on his thoughts as the mist creature charged into him, knocking him back into the broken wall Starsong was hiding behind.

Coughing from the dust brought up on impact, Arlon winced in pain. A long cut stretched its way from his left shoulder down to his elbow, oozing silver blood, his arm having caught on some debris as he was knocked back.
---
#336 Posted: 19:34:38 22/09/2015
Casting a strong protective light spell around the others, I rush over to Arlon. Seeing his wounds, my horn glows brilliantly as I heal him. Creating a wall of light around us as I work, I have a limited time to get him ready so the two of us can drive this mist away from here. Once that is done, we can rest and figure out where to go from there. Suddenly a glowing violet letter appears between myself and Arlon. I am far too focused on healing to notice it, but anyone that knows my closest friends, knows this is Midnight's magic.
#337 Posted: 00:01:34 26/09/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Sorry for not posting for a while, I've been sick.

Starsong shouted and leapt back, as the wall shuddered and large cloud of dust was formed. She closed her eyes, coughed, and when the cloud had cleared, she trotted over to the wall and peered around it. She saw Arlon with a wound on his shoulder. "Arlon..." she murmured.

The mist creature hissed, rather loudly, as Prince Astrello rushed over to help Arlon and put up a sheild around them. "So, the little light prince has come to the rescue for you." He growled, his mist hands curling into mists. His yellow eyes scanned the shield, and not even from touching it, he knew it was rather strong, despite what the prince had been through recently, such as transforming.
The other mist creatures rose up behind the leader, their attention taken away from the unicorn, the pegasus, and the deer on the other side of the mist wall.
The leader mist turned away, deciding he would need a bigger and stronger force to attack the group. "Hmph." He dropped into the mist that covered the ground and exited the scene, heading down the streets and out of Canterlot. The other mist creatures followed him, and soon, the mist was gone from the city.
#338 Posted: 00:33:22 26/09/2015
Arlon watched the mist depart with a glare full of loathing, his tail flicking errantly as he turned his gaze to Astrello.

"Maybe you know this, maybe you don't." Arlon hissed, slowly climbing to his hooves. "I have lead armies. Not recently, no, some nineteen hundred years ago, but the important thing is that I have."

Checking the healed wound, he shook his head, choosing to ignore the blood that still clung to his coat.

"That was moronic, to get in the way like that. Between two giants? I have no doubt you're powerful, and... noble, but intelligence needs to step in every once and a while!" His draconic pupils were slitted in anger, before the alicorn closed his eyes with a heavy sigh. When he opened them, they were normal-sized again. Tossing back his mane, he turned his attention to the others. "But whatever, what's done is done. What's wrong with the grey pegasus?"
---
#339 Posted: 00:42:29 26/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Southern Star raised her head, looking up over at the other half of the group. "The mist put her to sleep and created one of her worst nightmares. I think she's about to wake up."
Starsong trotted over to them, and as soon as she did, Supercell's dark purple eyes fluttered open. "Ugh..." The grey pegasus sat up slowly and rubbed her head with a hoof. "What the hay happened? I...I was..."
"The mist got to you and you had a nightmare." Southern Star told her gently, staying sitting beside her. "Try to calm down and take it easy for a while."
"That's if she can even do that." Flash Photography joked.
"I'm just relieved that nopony was else was put in a deep sleep." Southern Star stood up, pushing her galaxy mane away from her face and looking around at the others.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:42:46 26/09/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#340 Posted: 08:55:17 26/09/2015
Arlon frowned. "Be thankful that the nightmares were only that; nightmares. Not real. Imaginary."

He turned around, heading for the bit of framing he had cut himself on. The edge shimmered a pale silver, glinting in the light.

"Can't leave that there, now can we?" he muttered to himself, summoning a handkerchief. Spitting into it, he set to work cleaning the metal. Returning his attention to the ponies, he added, "Anyway, we shouldn't tarry. It'll probably come back."
---
#341 Posted: 22:01:02 27/09/2015
As soon as I am sure that Arlon is tended to I nod and my horn stops glowing. I lower the barrier and return to Supercell and Southern Star as well as the others with Arlon. The mist seems to have retreated for now, but I remain wary and alert. I watch over the others in silence, every now and then looking up at the sky, with tears in my eyes.
#342 Posted: 23:21:13 27/09/2015 | Topic Creator
"Will it?" Starsong frowned and glanced in the direction that the mist retreated.
"I guess there's one thing we have to decide." Flash Photography spoke up. "We can either stay and search the Canterlot Castle, or leave and search elsewhere in Equestria."
#343 Posted: 23:41:06 27/09/2015
"It came from inside the castle," Arlon called back, eyes scrutinising the jagged metal to see if any blood remained, before turning his attention to any droplets that may have been on the ground. "Obviously, for those that would've come snooping. There'll be nothing worthwhile in there. Just a waste of time."

Ideas lingered tentatively. It didn't speak; Arlon didn't expect it to, after having used the stolen magic of Twilight's Castle to quite literally punch him in the head from the inside, but the fallen alicorn knew that his unwanted tenant was itching to say something.

Before he could form a snippy response to get Ideas to spit out whatever was on its mind, a tiny letter sparked into existance in front of him, a golden flame curling into nothing.

It was unsigned, unsealed, and the writing rushed, but he knew Niomedes' writing well enough to know that it belonged to her.

-

The shade reached Tartarus - I didn't know that it even could, being bereft of a body, but it did. It's coming.

I'm sorry. I'm doing everything I can.

I'm sorry.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:26:58 28/09/2015 by ReshiramForever
#344 Posted: 02:51:33 29/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong looked up at the Canterlot Castle, seeming to loom over her, and the group, once again. "We know the mist captured the princesses," the blue pegasus began, looking down at the others. "So, if they were keeping them locked up in the castle, it'd be heavily guarded and they wouldn't have left like they did."
"Maybe they're tricking us and that's what they want us to think." Flash Photography said.
"Or maybe Starsong is actually right." Supercell rubbed her head again and yawned.
Flash Photography frowned. "Well, alright." She blinked and looked around. Fog continued to hang around the buildings, but the white unicorn noticed that it wasn't as bright as before. "I think it's going to be dark soon. Should we stay here for the night, or continue on?"
#345 Posted: 02:49:51 01/10/2015
Arlon's mane flickered slightly more than usual, a faint heat emanating from the black hair. Protocol escaping into Tartarus could go either way, he reasoned. Maybe it would be easier if his domain came to him, rather than the other way round.

Hearing Flash Photography's suggestion, he suppressed a snarky response, taking a deep breath to cool off his anger.

Either way, Arlon thought bitterly, Father will be visiting me in my dreams tonight regardless if it's brought on by nightmares incarnate.

"Find somewhere to hide, first." he stated, incinerating the letter. There was no need to reply. "I can keep watch. I don't really want to sleep."
---
#346 Posted: 03:35:25 01/10/2015 | Topic Creator
"Would the castle be a bad place or a good place to stay the night?" Starsong blinked and looked around. "Because it seems like most of the buildings are partly destroyed."
Southern Star stood up. "The building I stayed in wasn't destroyed. We can stay there for the night. I think it's a better option than the castle." She smiled gently, beginning to turn around. "It's at the edge of the city. Follow me." She began to walk down one of the streets.
Flash Photography trotted over to Supercell and helped her stand up, and then they followed the deer.
Starsong began to follow the others, but then stopped and looked back at Arlon. "Are you alright, Arlon?"
#347 Posted: 17:05:42 02/10/2015
A glowing violet scroll appears before me and I grab it. Opening it up I holding it up with magic, I read quietly to myself as we make our way toward Southern Star's abode. The letter is written in code as to prevent the enemy, the mist from deciphering it.
#348 Posted: 23:37:49 02/10/2015
"No, I am far from alright," Arlon laughed, beginning to follow with a sweep of his tail, "and it seems that all of it is beyond my control. But let's not have that bring us down, shall we?"

Taking a bitter cast, he added in an undertone, "Ask a mare far more powerful than I'll ever be to do one thing... Gods, I hope it isn't going to be violent."
---
#349 Posted: 00:04:30 03/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Southern Star trotted through the city and soon reached the outskirts. She stopped in front of a large tower. "This is where I've been staying."
Flash Photography looked at the building and then spoke. "Isn't this Princess Twilight's old house?"
Southern Star paused. "It is?" Her eyes widened. "I-I didn't know...I thought it was just an abandoned library...I-I didn't know this was her old house..."
"I'm sure she'll be fine with it." Starsong replied, ruffling her wings as she reached the group. "She doesn't live here anymore anyway. She has...or rather, had, the castle."
"Okay." Southern Star began to walk towards the castle. "Come on." She trotted up the stairs around the outside, with the rest of the group following, and entered the library near the top.

Mismatched books were placed in the shelves lining the walls, with more books and papers messily scattered and stacked across the floor. Near the corner, in the shadows of the room, there was a bed, a bedside table with a lamp, and a large table at the foot of the bed, with books and papers on it, with a large telescope beside it. The huge windows were half-covered, with big pieces of navy blue cloth hanging down from the ceiling.
"I did make a few changes." Southern Star smiled sheepishly. "I added curtains so the mist wouldn't see me if they came around the tower. I also found an old mattress and blankets and made a bed in the corner."
#350 Posted: 01:09:06 03/10/2015
Arlon wandered about the library, frowning. It seemed eerily familiar, bar the mess and the improvised bed, but it was unmistakably his Twilight's. The same little details, the same ordering of the books on the shelves, both young alicorns had clearly followed the same vein.

I miss her, he found himself thinking, his ears flattening, plucking a random book from the shelf and flipping through the pages. Even though she tore me out of you with the Elements... I miss her.

'Not ours, though.' Ideas replied quietly. 'Not mine.'

It doesn't matter. It wouldn't feel right if I didn't do something to help... Groaning, Arlon put the book back where he found it. Swearing under his breath, he added, Damnit, I think Juliet really got through to me with her morality rants. Look how far I've fallen, to want to save the life of the one who stopped me from taking over Equestria again!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:24:47 03/10/2015 by ReshiramForever
First | Previous | Page 7 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me