Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists
First | Previous | Page 6 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists [CLOSED]
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#251 Posted: 00:19:25 25/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Flash Photography looked through the doorway. "Yeah. We've cleaned up the first cart."

Starsong sat down in a chair by the window. She looked out at the dark sky and the wasteland-like scenery surrounding them.
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#252 Posted: 00:52:48 25/08/2015
Arlon entered the cart, a slight crinkle along his muzzle.

"How ancient is this thing?" he asked, tail twitching. It was a genuine question; there was no sarcasm behind his inquiry.

'These things were around when the Nightmare was in control.' Ideas muttered. 'Then again, Niomedes IS Progress... it would make sense that we're further ahead in the scientific field.'

You don't say, Arlon responded drily. Never would've guessed that she is Science and Progress itself. Wholy impossible. Preposterous.

'Yes, I get your point. Thanks.'
---
self professed austGAYlian
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:54:02 25/08/2015 by ReshiramForever
#253 Posted: 01:37:36 26/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"It's not ancient." Flash Photography said, sitting down in a seat by the window. "It was just destroyed by the mist and looks like it is, I guess."
#254 Posted: 03:00:37 26/08/2015
"No, no, I'm aware of that," Arlon shook his head. "I mean the architecture. I haven't seen this style since- well, the when doesn't matter. I suppose this is modern?"

He glanced about the carriage, frowning. "What of electricity? Is that even a thing here?"
---
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#255 Posted: 21:04:21 27/08/2015
The shield around me remains as unable to sleep, I open a large, extremely heavy and thick leather bound book. Opening it up, I start reading on of the many spells that I have created. I do not even look toward the others as I hear them speak. After reading for a little bit, I return the book to my saddlebags. I remain silent as I sit alone.
#256 Posted: 00:45:00 28/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"Yeah, it is modern, for us anyway." Starsong said. "And as for electricity-"
"Are we ready to go?" Supercell flew past her and poked her head through the door of the carriage.
#257 Posted: 02:51:31 28/08/2015
Arlon's frown deepened, before replying coolly, "Yes."

'You honestly do look like you're about to have a mental break. Calm down. A lack of- well, everything, isn't going to kill you.'

I don't need this.

'Okay- okay. Just remember that Nightmare Protocol would be horribly lacklustre if you fell now. Isn't that the opposite of what you wanted?'

True.
---
Sam15 Blue Sparx Gems: 754
#258 Posted: 12:33:42 28/08/2015
Bridle Readied the train then turned the brakes off. "Here we go!" She said as the train began to pick up speed , headding to their next destination. "Pick up the pace Yodoichi" "yes ma'am!". The familiar accelerated the process.
---
"Why do you humans place so much value on housing your souls in your bodies? It's a complete mystery to me."
StoryGirl Gold Sparx Gems: 2593
#259 Posted: 15:03:53 28/08/2015
Arthur stumbled a bit when the train took motion and then regained his footing and sighed. "How long till we get to conterlot? Do you think the mist might try and attack us while we are on the train?" He asked bridle. He did sound a bit worried.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#260 Posted: 20:34:21 28/08/2015
She looked over her shoulder. "About 6 hours, but I'm trying to magically accelerate the engine" she said as she tampered with some of the components. "As far as the mist...I don't doubt it will try again".
---
"Why do you humans place so much value on housing your souls in your bodies? It's a complete mystery to me."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:35:31 28/08/2015 by Sam15
#261 Posted: 22:22:22 28/08/2015
Levitating an apple from my saddlebags, I munch on it, looking out the window. It is very unlikely that I am going to talk Arlon anytime soon. The shield around me continues to shimmer, revealing that it is still up and strong. Pulling out a large amount of paperwork, I start working. With a little more magic, I have a desk for me to work at, so I can do my royal duties, while we travel. I take out a quill, a bottle of ink and some parchment, along with one of the many important documents before me and start scribbling away at the parchment.
#262 Posted: 23:56:03 28/08/2015
Arlon moved to a corner of the carriage, a little away from everyone else, humming a sad tune as he unrolled Niomedes' letter and read over it once again.

"I told you to run," he whispered, his hoof brushing over the paper as he reminisced of a time lost to the aeons, asking the same questions for the thousandth time, "so we'd both be free... What would the world have been like if you came with me, dear sister? Would I still have become this monster? Or would I have dragged you down with me?"

Dragging another sheet of paper from the pitifully small remnants of what was left of his domain, Arlon began to write a response.

--

Niomedes -

We're heading to Canterlot - their Canterlot - to see what we can find there. Hopefully I find who and what I'm looking for, and then this little journey of mine will be over as soon as it began.

Of course, considering Sybill, or rather, this world's Fate - Faust, if I'm correct? - it isn't going to be that simple. If worst comes to worst, I will crawl to Tartarus and by the gods, I will
beg Hades himself to bring me home.

Do what you can for the shade. Keeping it contained might be a problem, though, if it has previously shown signs of bending the rules. Be careful of letting it possess anyone; I wouldn't put it past myself to steal a mortal's life and soul to ascend once more.

- Arlon

--

Rolling it up and about to send the letter off, Arlon paused, before adding a postscript.

--

PS: I think this little runt of an alicorn is mad at me. Have you met him before? I'm not concerned, of course, but it might've been because I drained the magic from the castle of this world's Twilight Sparkle. Before you get all high and mighty about it, Nio, it was inevitably going to fail eventually, anyway. Better that I have a bit of magic than none at all, right?

Please advise. I'd rather not wake up in the morning with a knife in my throat, or some other cowardly equivalent.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:29:36 29/08/2015 by ReshiramForever
#263 Posted: 05:47:08 29/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"Six hours?" Supercell exclaimed. "Are you serious? I can't sit in the carriage for six hours! Can I at least fly on the outside of the train for a while? My wings are feeling a little stiff."

Starsong sat alone at the front of the carriage, looking out over the dark and dull land around Ponyville.

-

OOC: Introducing a new character.

Name: Southern Star
Species: Sika Deer
Personality: Southern Star is a quiet and kind deer. She slowly opens up once meeting others. She's smart snd quick on her feet.
History: Southern Star lived in forest far away, outside of Equestria. She loves stargazing, and recently travelled to Canterlot to study the constellations there and in Ponyville. When the mist attacked Canterlot, she rushed into a tower-like house, which contained a large library, and hid there. The mist moved away from Canterlot recently, and she's been able to walk around the city as she would have before Equestria was attacked.
Appearance: Southern Star is a light brown sika deer, with pale brown spots on her back and parts of her face, a pale brown underbelly and hooves. She has dark indigo coloured eyes. She has a special long dark purple galaxy mane, which represents a constellation in the night sky where she comes from, called the southern star/southern cross.
Cutiemark: N/A
Other: N/A
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:55:07 12/12/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#264 Posted: 23:23:15 01/09/2015
Bridle rolled her eyes. "If you can keep up, i'm trying to enhance it so we can get there sooner...but none the less it's a long way to go".
---
#265 Posted: 02:16:31 02/09/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: If you guys don't mind I'm going to time-skip to Canterlot because I don't think the train ride would be very interesting.

The nightmare mist has moved away from Canterlot. The mountainside city soon became deserted, so the mist moved on to take over the very edges of Equestria's land, so the entire country was under their control.
However, the mist was wrong, as a group of ponies had found a secret underground bunker when the city was attacked, and had hidden there until it was safe to return to the surface. As soon the mist had moved on, they fled to the Crystal Empire. All of them except for one.

Southern Star hadn't hidden in the underground bunker with the other ponies, she had hidden in a tower-like house, and surprisingly the mist hadn't found her. When the other ponies exited the underground bunker, the deer hadn't heard of them heading for the Crystal Empire straight away, so she was left in the large city alone.
Since the mist had moved away, Canterlot was covered in a light fog, with harmless wisps of dark mist, remainders of the nightmare mist, floating slowly beside buildings, or wherever the light breeze took it.

The train carrying the group slowly pulled into the Canterlot station, accidentally bumping into a large chunk of concrete that had fallen down from somewhere and landed on the train tracks, preventing the train from going any further.
#266 Posted: 05:33:19 02/09/2015
The Announcer jerked awake, having fallen asleep shortly after sending his letter, as the train hit the piece of concrete that lay on the tracks. Suppressing a loud swear, Arlon rubbed his head, noticing three letters on the ground in front of his chair.

He picked them up in his silver magic, noting that they each had a different seal - black and white for Niomedes, the royal crest in violet for Juliet, and a blue star surrounded by six white stars for Twilight.

"Ah..." he said quietly, cracking Niomedes' letter first. "You've been busy, I see."
---
#267 Posted: 17:01:57 02/09/2015
Bridle looked out from the head of the train to look at the concrete debris. "Sorry guys, looks like we're walking from here...". Yodoichi hopped on her back, the female dragon was around the size of a colt and feral in posture as she laid down between each side of the saddlebags. "I don't suppose any of you know the route do you?".
---
#268 Posted: 03:38:57 03/09/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: They're already in Canterlot.

Starsong slowly stepped out the train, looking around at the city of Canterlot. Some buildings looked like they had been snapped in half, and others were still fully intact. "I haven't been here since I was a filly."
Supercell flew out of the train, hovering in the air. "I've never been here."
"We won't need the shield right now because there's no mist around." Flash Photography said as she walked over to Bridle.
#269 Posted: 02:09:43 07/09/2015
Hearing the confusion, I wake up, yawn and stretch, not looking at anyone. There are still tears running down my cheeks but I try to hide my pain through my neutral face. I hope that I find my big sisters and the others I consider family.

"Follow me, this is my home, or was... I know where to go. Just stay close, I don't know what dangers await us in our journey. There is safety in numbers and I wield pure magic, the enemy of the mist."
#270 Posted: 11:18:34 07/09/2015
Arlon stepped down, his mane flicking as he laid eyes on Canterlot.

There was something profoundly wrong with the city, and it wasn't even the shattered buildings that were cause for his alarm. Some streets were in entirely different places, buildings he knew existed were replaced by entirely different ones. Glancing at the ground, he noted the cobblestones that made up the roads, rather than Niomedes' panels.

Curious, he thought, but said nothing of it.

Batting Astrello on the back of his head with Twilight's letter as he stepped past the younger alicorn, Arlon snorted. Pure magic. Juliet would tear out her mane at the mention of the incorrect term.

"Have I mentioned that you remind me of one of my brothers, mon ami? Both of you prattle, true, yet you seem to hold to a so-called 'Champion of the Mortals, Defender of the Weak' kind of angle. I mean it as a compliment."

Turning around, his pointed teeth exposed in a dangerous smile, he gave an exaggerated bow. "Lead on, good prince!"
---
#271 Posted: 14:32:00 07/09/2015 | Topic Creator
"The mist isn't around, so I think we'll be safe." Starsong said, briefly ruffling her wings. "But yeah, sticking together sounds good."
Supercell let out a loud sigh. "Ugh, this is so boring! I want to fly around and beat up the nightmare mist creatures. I want some action."
Flash Photography glanced up at the grey pegasus hovering above the group and then looked down at Prince Astrello. "We're heading to the castle, right? I think that's the first place we should check for the princesses."
-
Southern Star was walking along a cobblestone path in the middle of the city. As she did, she lightly tapped a pebble in front of her every few steps. She suddenly stopped and sat down, her little deer tail twitching. "I suppose I could explore some buildings that I usually can't." She thought. "But...I don't want to."
Then she heard voices. She froze and slowly looked around. "I'm not alone?" she murmured. She stood up and trotted in the direction of the voices. She walked past a broken wall and suddenly saw a group of ponies. She looked around quickly and darted into a broken building, her dark indigo eyes peering out of a window.
#272 Posted: 17:36:36 07/09/2015
"Oh, umm thank you, Arlon, I guess, I say shyly. I suppose a better term is Light Magic. Umm,sorry about before, I'm just on edge, I guess, I say apologetically as I nudge him with my head. Anyway just stay close. Yes we are heading toward the palace, it is also probably the safest place to set up for our journey, until we move on from Canterlot."

Taking the lead I guide the group toward what was once my home. My home looks very different and wrong. What happened here?
#273 Posted: 22:05:54 07/09/2015
"Closer, but no." Arlon muttered to himself, shaking his head. Speaking up, and slipping back to his usual emotionless demeanour, he replied somewhat coldly, "Don't apologise. I've always made a habit of... taking, both magic and lives, souls, usually for my own gain. It's in my nature. Puppetmaster. Manipulator. Announcer. You get the gist. It's been a long time since I've done so, though."

Tossing back his mane, he called out imperiously. "Be wary of the palace, though. There's nothing in the streets, but there's nothing to suggest that the hive itself will be empty."
---
#274 Posted: 02:15:45 08/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong, not feeling like walking, lifted herself a few centimeters off the ground and fluttered behind Arlon.
Flash Photography trotted after the group and looked around. ""If there was a nightmare mist hive, I thought there'd be mist around the whole city to protect it."
-
Southern Star kept her dark-indigo gaze on the group. She saw them move and the deer stepped backwards slowly, ready to follow them to see where they were heading. She accidentally backed into a broken table and it collapsed to the ground.
#275 Posted: 02:38:00 08/09/2015
"The metaphorical hive, genius. This is the capital of Equestria. If the palace is anything like my sister's, then there would be millennia worth of records and magical knowledge within those walls," Arlon replied stiffly, turning his eyes to Niomedes' latest letter.

He was about to begin reading, before a crash somewhere behind them startled him. Whipping about, silver magic already coating his horn, he hissed, "We aren't alone here."
---
#276 Posted: 03:02:41 08/09/2015 | Topic Creator
"Probably." Flash Photography said, unable to say anything else. "Though apparently the princesses have another castle-" She was cut off by the crash in a room in a building near them.
Supercell grinned. "Yes! Time for some action!" She flew towards the building and hovered by the door. "Stop hiding in there and come out and fight!"
"Don't hurt me!" A voice squeaked from the shadows off the room.
Supercell's wings stopped beating for a moment. "Okay, I don't think that's the voice of a mist creature." She looked back at the others, waiting for them to come over.
#277 Posted: 00:06:53 09/09/2015
"Come on out, whoever you are. It's alright, it's me, Prince Astrello. No one will hurt you," I say gently trotting over and taking the stranger's hoof in my own little hoof.
#278 Posted: 04:31:44 09/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Southern Star stayed in the shadows as the group approached her. As one of the figures came closer, she recognized Prince Astrello, the younger brother of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. She slowly took the prince's hoof and trotted out the building with him.
"Who are you?" Starsong's attention was drawn to Southern Star's dark purple galaxy-like mane.
"My name is Southern Star." Southern Star replied shyly.
Supercell circled around her, noticing her deer tail. "I've never met a deer before."
#279 Posted: 04:45:54 09/09/2015
Smiling, I hold tightly onto her hoof, trying my best to make her feel better.
#280 Posted: 04:54:57 09/09/2015
Arlon straightened, an eye raised skeptically as he settled down, his mouth slightly ajar.

"A deer?" he said, shaking his head. "I haven't seen your kind since I- But, deer are extinct... Hm. Evidently, an equivalent event hasn't happened here."

Thinking more on his own past actions, he took to ignoring the group, reclining against a wall idly, unraveling his letter once again.
---
#281 Posted: 05:36:15 09/09/2015 | Topic Creator
"I'm not from Equestria. My home is far away. I came here a few weeks before the mist attacked to study the star constellations here." Southern Star replied, her tail twitching nervously. She glanced sideways at Prince Astrello still holding her hoof and she smiled softly.

Starsong watched as Arlon moved away from the group to look at his letter again. Part of her wanted to talk to him, but now was not the time. She cleared her throat loudly. "Should we continue on our way to the castle?"
#282 Posted: 12:42:18 09/09/2015
Arlon -

Astrello? He isn't a threat, if you keep your hoof on the line. Knowing you, you've likely already overstepped it a dozen times already, and will continue to disregard anything I tell you not to do.

Anyway, we found Protocol. It got away, it didn't want a confrontation, but we think that it's looking for you. Be careful, if you by any chance you ever do encounter it; I don't believe even for a moment that its intentions are benevolent.

It shouldn't be able to pass through Tartarus, if it's an alicorn bereft of its body. But if Nightmares need a host, or a mind, or whatever, what's a better host than the essence of Protocol itself? Especially with what it might know...

I'm doing what I can.

- Niomedes

--

Arlon sighed, staring up at the sky as he scrunched up the letter. It wasn't implausable that his domain would find its way to him, even as he searched for Celestia in order to get home and find it.

Facing the strongest aspect of himself... Suddenly, it seemed like a good idea to go through Tartarus after all.

It wasn't a good thought, he had to admit, as he moved on to Juliet's letter, a grave expression upon his usually impassive face.

--

Arlon.

Nothing I'm going to say will be any different than what Niomedes has already said, so I'll make this brief.

If you find the Nightmare,
do not attempt to fight it. You are not strong enough. Run. It is cold, but whoever you're with, leave them behind. It isn't worth it.

I would not advice the use of dark magic, in your current state. Stick close to whatever you have left of Protocol.

Stay alive, and keep yourself out of trouble.

- Juliet

--
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:43:24 09/09/2015 by ReshiramForever
#283 Posted: 22:19:11 09/09/2015
Smiling back I gently let go of her hoof but remain close to Southern Star. I have traveled to many lands as the ambassador of Equestria. Her home is but one of the many that I have visited and become acquainted to.
#284 Posted: 01:33:10 10/09/2015 | Topic Creator
"Oh, hey, I didn't even notice the castle was right there." Flash Photography said, looking upwards.
Starsong followed her gaze to see the castle looming over them and the buildings around them. Most of it was covered by the fog surrounded Canterlot, but it was still quite visible. However, Starsong noticed it looked darker than usual, as if someone had painted the whole building in grey and black colours.

"Prince Astrello, can you lead the way?" Flash Photography asked, looking back at the prince.
"May I come along?" Southern Star asked, stepping forward. "It's awfully lonely here in Canterlot by myself."
Flash Photography nodded. "I don't see any problem with that."
"Thank you." Southern Star gave Flash Photography a small smile.

-

Canterlot was not completely deserted as everypony thought.
Five mist creatures had remained, two of them acting as guards, to take care of anypony who dared to search the castle for the princesses. So far, only a few guards had ventured inside. They had been attacked by the mist creatures and taken to camps to become slaves.

The mist had settled in the throne room, with a 'higher-ranked' mist creature sitting on Princess Celestia's throne.
"Hey boss, there's a group of ponies coming," one of the mist creatures said, looking out of a broken window.
"I'm aware." Came a reply from the throne.
"Won't they notice us? They seem pretty powerful." The third mist creature replied, pushing the other one away from the window.
"I've put up a shield. They won't notice us until they come close to the throne room if they come into the castle."
"There's two alicorns..."
"Two?" The 'higher-ranking' mist creature sat up straight, his yellow eyes narrowing. "I thought only Prince Astrello remained on the outside. Princess Cadence doesn't count as she's locked herself up in a rock dome." He floated over the window and saw the group of ponies down in the city below. "I suppose we'll have to take care of the prince. Along with the group he's with, and the other alicorn." He smiled. "This should be interesting."
#285 Posted: 04:07:59 10/09/2015
Arlon glanced up from the letter, his expression tautening as he forced it back into some semblance of impassiveness.

'I don't like this,' Ideas muttered, almost seeming to pace back and forth, 'something's wrong. Something's really wrong.'

"I'm aware," Arlon hissed verbally in response, his mane snapping as he broke the seal to his Twilight's letter. The voices in his head, his 'conscience', whatever it was, had clearly picked up on his anxiety as well. "Well, anyway. Let us be off, or... whatever."

--

Uncle -

I don't mean to intrude, or anything - I don't know if you'll even get this letter, Aunt Niomedes insists that you will - but something's really wrong with dad.

I don't know. He's really on edge, he's freaking out. It might be nothing, but... I know he got pretty attached to the other me, it might just be that he's worried about her, but I'm not sure. It could be about Protocol being out there, he's scared that he'll be targetted.

Look, I have no idea, but he's starting to relapse and no one's really sure why. He won't tell us.

Would you know what to do? Don't reply if you're busy, or whatever, but I'm really scared that we'll lose him. I don't mean to be blunt, honestly, I don't, but you
kind of are the reason why he's like this.

- Twilight
---
#286 Posted: 04:39:01 10/09/2015
I lead the group forward but not before summoning a new shield around myself and Southern Star. Something about this place is not right. I move cautiously toward Canterlot. I have encountered many different situations and am ready.
#287 Posted: 05:12:41 10/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Southern Star blinked, surprised at the sudden shield around only her and Astrello. But she didn't say anything. She felt protected, which is a feeling she hadn't felt ever since the mist attacked.

Supercell rolled her eyes at them and flew above the group, keeping an eye on the city around them.
Flash Photography followed behind Prince Astrello and Southern Star, while Starsong trotted behind her, rather slowly, her dark blue gaze on the ground.
#288 Posted: 07:04:29 10/09/2015
Arlon followed, still staring at the letter, though he wasn't reading the words.

'She still blames you for what happened to him.' Ideas whispered apprehensively.

And why shouldn't she? Arlon replied, glancing up at the foreboding castle that was quite unlike the one he called home, remembering a time long past. I bent her father to my will, and turned him into a monster for my own selfish, stupid reasons. It's my fault that she didn't have her real father until she was an adult. It's my fault that they first met each other over such dire, cruel circumstances.

'Give her time. They'll come around eventually.'

Will they, though? It was hard enough for them to connect to each other. Why would they even consider the one who ruined their relationship, and his life? He's terrified of falling again, because of me. From what she said, he's about to!

'Are you trying to make ammends, though?'

Arlon didn't reply immediately, his mouth flattening.

"Yes," he whispered to himself and the voice. "I am. Do I need to save her counterpart, to ensure...? No, no, Ideas, I know what can be done for him, at the moment."

Ripping a piece of paper from thin air, Arlon wrote back a quick reply.

--

Twilight -

Keep him warm and safe, do what you can to calm him down. Stay with him, and make sure he gets some rest; from experience, his neuroses tend to get worse when he's sleep-deprived.

Protocol may be the more likely bet, but I do not know of the full extent of what exactly the shade is. For him, for
you, I'll work on finding and saving this world's Twilight Sparkle, too. I owe it to the three of you to at least try.

Good luck.

- Arlon
---
#289 Posted: 07:43:34 10/09/2015 | Topic Creator
"We're almost there." Flash Photography murmured.
Starsong raised her head and looked up at the castle, which seemed to loom over them and cast a large shadow down on the city below. As she glanced at one of the throne room windows, she saw two small yellow dots, but when she blinked, they were gone. She shivered slightly, and continued walking.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:38:50 10/09/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#290 Posted: 20:44:58 10/09/2015
I too see the dots but do not shake them off. Turning to Southern Star and then the others as we reach the entrance, I speak. My eyes glisten as I do.

"Something is not right about my home. I suggest that you all look around the town in groups and I will investigate the palace. If there are in fact enemies in either area, sent a flare with magic into the air. We will see it and get there as soon as possible to assist. I don't care what awaits me in the palace, it is my home and I will not allow it to fall into darkness. I must do this alone," I say, firmly as I gaze at my home.
#291 Posted: 21:46:21 10/09/2015
Arlon swore loudly, his magic flaring, tearing apart the letter that Twilight had sent just as he had cast off the reply into the aether.

"Are you serious? No, really, are you?" he snarled, his main crackling and taking on a slight fiery hue. "How conceited are you? Or is it just idiocy, is that it? Do you honestly," Arlon accented the last word with a stomp, spiderweb cracks shooting through the stone around his hoof, "think that you can deal with a Nightmare? Alone?"

He calmed down slightly, straightening to his full height.

"Two and a half thousand years," Arlon said quietly to himself, turning away. "Of all the alicorns I have met... Ideas, what did I have to do to be cursed with this bleeding heart?"
---
#292 Posted: 23:03:32 10/09/2015
The attack makes me go on the defensive. I conjure a fireball and hurl it at Arlon. My eyes burn with fury. Suddenly I scream in agony as I begin to transform. My eyes remain the same but my skin begins to change color. I turn to the others as I transform. Fear and worry is on my face. I grow larger and larger till I tower over the others. Standing before them in my place, is an alicorn stallion full grown and muscular. His eyes are the same color as mine, with pure snow-white mane and tail. I glare at Arlon, with contempt and hatred.

"HOW DARE YOU! My eyes flash with anger. Lightning flashes across the sky before striking my raised horn making it glow. Tossing my mane and rearing onto my hind legs, I slam my hooves onto the ground, sending a powerful shock wave toward all but Southern Star, who is safe within my shield. HOW DARE YOU!" HOW DARE YOU STRIKE MY LITTLE PRINCE! YOU SHALL SUFFER FOR THIS!"

"No he is right, I wasn't think..." I say, as the other side of me tries to reason with this side. I am gently shushed by the larger stallion.

"Shh, sleep little prince. Sleep..."

With that the others see gentle sparkle of my eyes vanish as the other side of me, falls asleep and Fallen Star is now in complete control. His eyes are filled with anger. His muscles ripple across his great and powerful form as he glares as Arlon.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:56:25 11/09/2015 by Wyrstel
#293 Posted: 00:52:36 11/09/2015
Arlon looked back at Astrello, one brow raised. The fireball brushed over his side, singing the tips of the mane along his back, but otherwise didn't do him any harm.

"Using fire against one of draconic descent." Arlon stated cooly, "truly a stroke of genius thinking. Though, thinking along the lines of a clear split personality, I suppose I can't fault you on that. Or maybe I can. I didn't even touch you."

His expression barely twitched as he added, "Am I in the wrong, though? I'm physically crippled and, well, not doing very good in the mental department either."

'This must be a new record for how quickly you've chosen to disregard Nio's advice.'

"Tosh," his ear flicked, "This is Juliet I'm ignoring."
---
#294 Posted: 01:38:50 11/09/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: whoa what did i miss
To make Prince Astrello less overpowered in this transformation of his, this storm he made, that apparently covered Equestria, didn't happen.

-

"You can't do this alone, we're a team-" Flash Photography was cut off once Prince Astrello began to transform.
"What the hay?!" Starsong shouted, stumbling back and bumping into a building. She quickly darted behind a broken wall, peering over the top, her dark blue eyes widened in fear. Flash Photography quickly followed Starsong, jumping behind the broken wall.
Supercell was sitting on a roof, looking down at Arlon and the prince in his transformed state. "Whoa."
Southern Star was standing just behind the large prince, a surprised, confused and scared expression on her face.

-

The mist had been watching the events unfold below.
"Wow." The 'higher-ranked' mist said as he looked out the window. "The prince sure does have some anger management issues." He turned away from the window. "I wasn't aware that he had that sort of power. However, we are stronger after collecting a lot of the negative energy around Equestria. The prince, alone, would not be able to defeat us. However, if that other alicorn joins him, they may have a chance at driving us out." He sat back on the throne. "I wouldn't worry about it. I can tell they notice something is wrong. But they won't be able to pinpoint it until they are near this throne room."

"It's like what happened with Princess Twilight, isn't it?" One of the mist creatures piped up. "She and her friends came here when the other princesses went missing, but they didn't notice our presence until they came near this room."
The mist creature on the throne nodded and spoke again. "Speaking of the princesses, capturing Princess Celestia and Princess Luna was easier than I thought. I had a feeling Luna would have been able to defeat us, since she has done so before. It was interesting how she just stood there in shock while we captured her. Princess Celestia did put up a fight, but without her sister, she wasn't able to do much."
The two other mist creatures nodded, and then turned to the window to continue watching the group in the city below.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:18:30 11/09/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#295 Posted: 19:26:13 11/09/2015
"I heard that whoever you are. The shadows and darkness are my friends and allies. You cannot hide from me. I am Fallen Star, the only child of the forgotten, I say firmly and a lightning forks from my horn blasting apart the window, shattering the glass. Silence, you. I shall deal with you later. Right now, I must protect the others, especially my little prince and Southern Star." Darkness swirls around me as I continue. The shadows all around begin to take shape. Soon swarms of various creatures and beasts of shadow gather around me. Their eyes are icy blue and cold.

"My lord, you called," the shadows say.

"An evil has stolen that which is precious to us and that of our little prince, Astrello. His big sisters, Celestia and Luna are gone, along with all the others he considers family. Our, little prince is hurting."

"What would you have us do, Fallen Star," the shadows ask.

"Seek out the evil that poisons his home. Bring them here and I shall pass judgement upon them. Only once this evil is purged from this land can we rest again, my friends."

"As you will. So be it, let all who have caused "Him" harm know fear," the shadows say as they scatter throughout Canterlot, hunting for the enemy.

I turn to the others and nod. Then stroking Southern Star gently with a hoof, I lean down and kiss her on the forehead. Smiling as I see her smile back, I lead the group forward. I will deal with Arlon later, for now all that matters is purging Canterlot of this evil, so that "He", the gentle prince, me can return and I may rest for a time.
#296 Posted: 01:26:37 12/09/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Please try to tone down the power of Prince Astrello.

"How on Equestria...?" The 'higher-ranking' mist sat up straight and stumbled to the window, his yellow eyes blazing as he glared down at the city and the transformed prince. "That little brat is stronger than I thought, being able to notice us," he hissed. He zipped around. "Alright then." His mist-like arms rose, and a large mist barrier surrounded the throne room. "His little shadow slaves are strong, but they cannot break through this barrier, only the alicorns themselves can, if they work together."

-

"What the hay..." Starsong breathed, watching the scene, her expression a mix of confusion, surprise, and fear.
"I didn't realize the prince was this strong." Flash Photography murmured.

Southern Star flinched as Fallen Star kissed her forehead. She took a few steps back, her dark indigo eyes shining with fear. Only a few minutes ago, she was roaming the city alone, and now, she was caught up in the events of this group.
#297 Posted: 01:58:28 12/09/2015
Arlon had barely reacted to the display. Perhaps he should've been a little alarmed at the appearance of an obvious Nightmare, but really, he didn't care.

He'll burn himself out eventually, he thought, starting to walk away. Until then, let him.

'The deer looks uncomfortable.' Ideas said quietly. The voice had calmed down, if only slightly, but Arlon could still feel the representation of his damaged little brother pacing back and forth in his mind.

And? Arlon replied. I assume you want me to do something about it. I will tell you now that the answer is no. I am not a hero. Heroes die.

'You can't just walk away and leave her - them - with that thing!'

Arlon cocked his head.

Watch me.
---
#298 Posted: 02:17:12 12/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong and Flash Photography trotted out from behind the broken wall and Supercell flew down to join them.
"Look at Southern Star. She looks so scared. Only a moment ago she was online in this city," Flash Photography observed.
"I want to save her, but she's trapped inside the prince's shield." Starsong said.
The three ponies began to slowly follow the prince, staying quite a far way behind him.
"It seems Astrello...I mean...Fallen Star...likes her. Does she like him back?" Flash Photography murmured.
"Would she?" Supercell gestured at the prince. "After seeing him like that?"
Starsong stopped, and saw Arlon behind them. She trotted over and looked up at him. "You're coming...right?"

-

"So, they're coming into the castle after all." The mist on the throne said, his yellow eyes beginning to shine. "Prepare yourselves for when they come near the throne room and try to break the barrier."
#299 Posted: 02:43:48 12/09/2015
"No," Arlon replied, though he didn't stop or slow down, "not yet. Rules of self-preservation, and all that. I am not contending with an alicorn's Nightmare."

'You are a coward.'

"Not in my current state, with so little magic. He has already displayed hostility and, dare I mention it, insanity. It isn't worth it."

'Announcer, stop, now, or I will.'
---
#300 Posted: 02:52:14 12/09/2015 | Topic Creator
"But...we're a team..." Starsong began. She stopped, hesitated, and looked back at the other two ponies, who hadn't noticed her disappear. "Th-then I'll just come with you, and then we can go back when you decide to. To be honest, I don't want to be with the group until the prince has calmed down and transformed back into his normal state."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:44:26 12/09/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
First | Previous | Page 6 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me