Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists
First | Previous | Page 4 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists [CLOSED]
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#151 Posted: 06:09:08 14/08/2015
Arlon snorted, and made to follow with a flick of his draconian tail.

'Don't you even think about hurting her,' Ideas hissed, 'An innocent? I've almost come to respect you, too. Don't ruin this.'

You wound me, truly. I'm not doing anything, Arlon replied shortly to the voice at the edge of his mind, rolling his eyes. He could feel nothing back there; it was merely a persistent shadow giving him grief, and not the first one. And you never respected me, Initiator. Don't lie to me now.

Ideas snorted. 'True. I can't help but be a little... bitter, about everything. You understand that you're a monster, right?'
---
self professed austGAYlian
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:09:42 14/08/2015 by ReshiramForever
StoryGirl Gold Sparx Gems: 2593
#152 Posted: 06:15:58 14/08/2015
Arthur looked at Flash Photography and then sighed. "I dont know... My guess is we check at the center of the two places that are still surviving. That center in my guess being canterlot... Though it could be somewhere else. Im not sure, but the princesses are missing so checking the castle would be the best start right?" He said
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#153 Posted: 04:45:13 15/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong slowly flew up the flight of stairs, glancing back now and again, checking that Arlon was following her. Not that she would have minded him wandering off somewhere else, but she liked to have company in the large crystal castle. Of course, there were other ponies around, but they weren't currently in the hallway where she and Arlon had been standing. She also wasn't really friends with any of the other ponies, except for Supercell and Flash Photography.
At the top of the stairs, there was a long hallway, with many doors lining the walls. The blue pegasus flew over to one of the doors, a few feet away from the stairs. When she saw Arlon's head appear as he walked up the stairs, she spoke.
"This is my temporary room." Starsong pushed the door open and fluttered into the room. There was a small bed with a dark blue cover, a medium blue chest of draws, and a window, but black curtains were drawn over it.
Starsong landed and pulled a brown backpack out the chest of draws, and began placing stuff in it. She looked back at the door. "Are you sure you don't need to pack anything?" she asked Arlon. "Also...what did you want to do upstairs again?"

"Canterlot is probably a good place to start." Flash Photography said. "I don't think the Everfree Forest would be a good place to go, would it?" She looked at Arthur.
#154 Posted: 05:10:31 15/08/2015
"It might... Zecora would be great to find if shes okay after all this..." He said. "Though i would talk to who ever is in charge of this whole adventure..." He added.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#155 Posted: 05:55:39 15/08/2015
Arlon's expression twitched upon entering the room, the kirin dismissing everything before him with a slight huff. Mere trivialities.

It didn't compare to the grandeur of his sister's citadel in the slightest.

'It's different,' Ideas hummed. From his tone, Arlon deduced that his 'younger brother' wasn't being sarcastic

"No reason," he eventually replied, his tail swishing across the floor slowly. "I was just, gah, it doesn't matter- hm... This place, it feels almost- but more... refined, in a way. Experienced... Can't complain, as long as it isn't directed at me..." He moved over to the wall, drawing his hoof along it absently.

"Well, social etiquette dictates that I ask about another's day, life, whatever, even if I don't care. Out with it; what's your story?"
---
#156 Posted: 07:32:01 15/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong stopped packing and looked over at Arlon. "My...story?" she asked. "What, you mean...my life up until now?"

"I think we're all in charge." Flash Photography gave Arthur a small smile. "And I hope Zecora is okay too, and that she hasn't been taken away." She paused. "But I do think Canterlot would be a good place to start. We might find some clues about where the princesses have been taken. But...how would we get there?" She placed the old maps on a table near them. "We could either walk up the mountain, or walk along the train tracks."
#157 Posted: 08:13:55 15/08/2015
Arlon shrugged. "Something, anything. As I said, I don't really care. Drown them out. I need to think."

'You could be kinder.'

Make up your mind, Arlon's hoof paused, the kirin tensing in frustration. Dead, or mildly insulted? If I see your smug disfigured face again, little bird, I'll be sure to tell you exactly what went on here. Then it'll be just like the good old days, huh?

"I wish I did succeed in turning the Elements against them- her... Drag you back under, Initiator..." he muttered, relaxing slightly. "To banish, or do worse, to your own daughter... I can imagine it... hah, hahaha..."

'...There's no getting through to you, is there? I... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have bothered. You're too far gone.'
---
#158 Posted: 08:40:00 15/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong frowned. "You want me to talk about something, just so you can ignore it and think?" She packed a few more things into the backpack and did up the straps, then slipping it on and using her wings to adjust the position on the backpack on her back. She looked up at Arlon again, a slightly confused look on her face. "Do you still want me to just...talk?"
#159 Posted: 11:00:44 15/08/2015
"The thing about insanity," Arlon replied wearily, and almost sad cast to his voice, "is that if there isn't someone, something, there to distract you from your thoughts, fears, demons... Nightmares... you begin to lose yourself to them. I- You're too young. You wouldn't understand what my kind face, what we try so damn hard to stave off. Just a single mortal, in the grand scheme of the worlds..."

Arlon sighed deeply. "It's... good to talk, I think. There was someone else to keep me company in my imprisonment, once, someone else who didn't understand my crimes... Gave me something to hold on to.

"I've, heh... Gone off the deep end about eight times, give or take a few."
---
#160 Posted: 11:48:35 15/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong kept her dark blue gaze on the older kirin. She was curious about his history, but wasn't sure if she wanted to know it or not, and there wasn't much of a chance of him telling her about it. And even though sometimes he spoke in ways the pegasus did not understand, she had begun to set aside the major differences he had from the other ponies and respect him and show him kindness, as he seemed to have gone through a lot in his past.
"Sorry." Starsong apologized and lowered her head slightly, still looking at him. "I don't understand insanity, or what you've gone through. I shouldn't question it." She coughed awkwardly and padded over to the door, glancing back Arlon. "Do you want me to start talking or something? Or should we go downstairs and see where the others are?"
#161 Posted: 12:44:23 15/08/2015
"No need to apologise." Arlon replied. "You don't know, you will likely never know, and that is something that can't be helped. Or, rather, a good thing."

He stepped away from the wall, glancing aside at Starsong with his silvery-white eyes. "I'd... I want to see what's going on with the rest. I felt powerful magic before... not comparable with- well, it's a start, at least."
---
Sam15 Blue Sparx Gems: 754
#162 Posted: 16:35:25 15/08/2015
After a few minutes Bridle stood back up again, shaking her body to wake up, nearly back to her peak as far as magic went. "Much better" she turned to Arthur and flash. "We need those routes as soon as possible. It doesn't take a genius to tell you time is running out...we need to cover some distance soon". She emphasized.
---
"Why do you humans place so much value on housing your souls in your bodies? It's a complete mystery to me."
#163 Posted: 18:39:14 15/08/2015
Arthur nodded and looked at Bridle. "Indeed. We need to leave soon.." He looked at flash photography and smiled softly. "would you be a doll and go tell everypony that we need to leave. We are running out of time."
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#164 Posted: 00:09:43 16/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong nodded at Arlon and trotted out of her room and to the top of the staircase.

"Mhm." Flash Photography nodded, placed the maps on the table, and ran out the library. Seeing that they weren't in the hallway, she decided to check upstairs. As she looked up at staircase, she saw Starsong and Arlon.
"You two!" she called up to them. "We need to leave shortly!" She then ran back to the library.

Starsong began to descend down the stairs.
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#165 Posted: 04:44:54 16/08/2015
I nod as I take a stroll through my aunt, Twilight Sparkle's castle. I can't help but think about my big sisters, Celestia and Luna as well as her and the rest. Still I must be strong for the land is in chaos, they need someone to be the light in the darkness, I will be that light. The stroll through the castle slowly soothes me as I enjoy the beauty and splendor of it all.
#166 Posted: 06:42:16 16/08/2015
Arlon followed, muttering to himself, "If this was Hyperborea, I wouldn't have to deal with such blatent disrespect... bah."

'There's no need to be so self-absorbed at a time like this.' Idea's replied. This isn't Hyperborea. You're not the one in charge around here. No one is going to cater to your ego.'

Hah! I remember how you acted during the war. Couldn't even play a harmless prank without the threat of disgrace and execution. Arlon flattened his ears, a slight smirk alighting his features. I thought you were going to, once, actually. Wasn't it Juliet? Yes, when she dragged you all the way out to that little Prench village.

'How did you know-?'

I was... aheh, stalking you and yours even then, Arlon chuckled audibly, shaking his head, I was curious to see how everything would resolve itself, little bird. Waiting to see what it would take for Nio to come back. Who knew that it would be the Marquis of Fate to draw her attention back to her 'precious' little siblings?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:42:50 16/08/2015 by ReshiramForever
#167 Posted: 06:50:45 16/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong glanced back at Arlon, and seeing his expression, decided to stay quiet as he seemed to be thinking about something. She reached the bottom of the stairs and trotted down the hallway at a medium pace. She soon reached the library doors and pushed one open, seeing Flash Photography, Arthur, and Bridle.
#168 Posted: 15:34:59 16/08/2015
'Huh, okay, well,' Ideas paused for a moment. Arlon imagined him frowning, his wings fluffing up in discomfort. 'That isn't... that isn't exactly relevant to the situation on hand... that was- the war- two thousand years ago, wasn't it? Yeah- yeah, ancient... ancient history... you could've helped, but, it doesn't really matter.'

So if it doesn't matter, stop bemoaning about my shortcomings and actually help me figure out a solution, moron, Arlon said calmly, pushing open the other door. I know this is all in my head, or try and convince me otherwise. I've heard a lot of stories from your kind. But until then, give me a hint!

'...Protocol.'

What?

'Use your head, Announcer.' Arlon could imagine the Initiator rolling his eyes. 'What is the thing you're best at? Think. Try sending a letter.'

"Of course..." Arlon breathed, his gaze unfocused.
---
#169 Posted: 00:29:40 17/08/2015
Bridle looked over, seeing the other creatures, then focusing on Arlon. 'I see this one...there's far more to this than normal eyes can see'. She tought to herself. "So, about these routes...i have a good feeling for these three areas..." She circled the everfree forest, followed by canterlot and the crystal empire. "If need be I can alter the spell so we can split up to search more areas..." Bridle suggested.
---
"Why do you humans place so much value on housing your souls in your bodies? It's a complete mystery to me."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:06:03 17/08/2015 by Sam15
#170 Posted: 04:22:59 17/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"Those are good places to go to first." Flash Photography said, looking down at the places Bridle had circled on the map. "And splitting up could work, but I wouldn't suggest splitting up in the Everfree Forest. Who knows what could happen to us in there."

Starsong padded over to the others and looked down at the map. "The Everfree Forest, Canterlot, and the Crystal Empire. Yeah, they seem like good places to go to. Which place will we be heading to first?" She looked up at Bridle.

Supercell flew into the library, almost bumping into Arlon. "Are you guys done yet?" she asked, flying up and laying on a ledge above the library door.
Flash Photography glanced at her briefly and then looked back at the maps.
#171 Posted: 05:31:40 17/08/2015
"Watch it!" Arlon snapped, flames curling about his muzzle, Supercell having startled him out of his thoughts.

Ears flattened, he turned his attention to the group. "I don't care where we head, personally. I don't know what the Everfree and Canterlot are like around these... parts, and as far as I know the Crystal Empire doesn't even exist."

A spark of silver magic jumped between his antlers, Arlon dragging a piece of paper from nowhere, he continued, "Whichever is quickest and the most efficient." He plucked a pen out of thin air, clicking it.

This won't work.

'Try.'
---
#172 Posted: 02:28:49 18/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Suddenly a loud rumble echoed throughout the castle, immediately followed by a large shockwave, almost like an earthquake.

Supercell, taken by surprise, fell off the ledge, but was able to beat her wings in time before she fell onto the hard crystal ground next to Arlon.
Starsong clung onto the table and looked around frantically. "What was that?" she asked slowly.

A loud voice could be heard down the hallway, belonging to a guard. "The nightmare mist! It reached the castle!"
Another voice could be heard. "It did?!"
"We were able to blast them back with a light spell, but they're closer now!" The first voice replied.

"Okay, we really need to leave soon." Flash Photography looked down at the map. "And I suggest we head to Canterlot first."
#173 Posted: 03:11:43 18/08/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: I don't know if that's a good idea. And the shockwave wasn't that large. If you're in the mist now, I don't know how the others will get you out. I think it's better if you stay in the group, because otherwise I'd have to create a small 'storyline' for Prince Astrello while also working on the storyline with the group.
This kind of thing this can happen later on, of course, it would make the story much more interesting, but just not right now. The group hasn't even gone outside yet.
#174 Posted: 03:35:52 18/08/2015
The shock wave knocks me off my feet and I shake myself as I stand back up. Well that can't be good, we need to get everyone out of here. We need to get them somewhere safe. The nightmare mist will envelope this whole place, like it has much of Equestria.
#175 Posted: 03:49:28 18/08/2015
Bridle stumbled a little but got her hooves straight. "So then it's decided...Canterlot is our first stop...there are a few saddlebags for everyone should you choose to take one" she said, fastening one onto herself. "When you're ready, take a spot on the outer ring of the shield spell and It'll activate". She explained as she got in one of the spots.
---
#176 Posted: 03:55:59 18/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"I've already packed." Starsong said, standing in a spot.
Flash Photography rolled up the maps with her magic, and still holding them, rushed out the library, followed by Supercell. They returned a few minutes later with bags and walked over Bridle and Starsong.
"Wait, where's Prince Astrello?" Flash Photography asked, standing in a spot. "Wasn't he here in the library a few minutes ago?"

Four guards stood next to the large doors which was the entrance to the crystal castle.
"The mist is going to get into the castle soon." The first guard said.
Another guard shook his head. "We've held it off for 3 months, I'm sure we can continue for a few more. As long as the magic remains and we keep using light spells to keep it away, we should all be safe."
"But haven't you noticed?" The third guard spoke up. "The magic here in Princess Twilight's Castle is fading."
The guards fell silent, until the forth guard spoke up. "I heard Prince Astrello is going on a quest with some other ponies to defeat the mist. They have permission from Princess Cadance and Shining Armour, so we can't say no to them."
The first guard blinked, quite surprised, not quite sure what to say at first. "Alright then."
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:25:14 18/08/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#177 Posted: 04:58:27 18/08/2015
Arthur managed to keep his footing as the ground shook and he blinked several times after it stopped. "Man... I hope we can beat this before its to late..." He said going over and pulling on his saddle bag and putting his book in it. He moved and got into an empty space close to bridle though it wasnt directly next to her.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:02:26 18/08/2015 by StoryGirl
#178 Posted: 05:58:57 18/08/2015
"I don't have nor- actually, I might need something," Arlon frowned, having barely reacted to the shockwave. Ideas, however, had seemed a little shaken.

This castle did belong to his daughter's counterpart, after all. Even if he wasn't real, or didn't know this Twilight, Arlon guessed that it was almost logical.

"If the tree castle thing's magic is fading, it wouldn't really matter if I took what it has left for myself. Harmonic magic is- was- half of what I was, essentially. Order. Protocol. Balance."

He pressed the paper against the door frame, and began to write. His writing was small, but large enough that one looking over his shoulder would've been able to see what he was writing.

Niomedes, or whoever find this letter first -

It's Arlon.

Something went badly wrong that night, but I can't even feel my domain anymore. Everything I drag up, everything that's left, it's all things I remember off the top of my head. Well, it doesn't really matter. If you're looking for me, I've found myself stranded on Ioka.

I'm so sorry, Nio. I shouldn't have meddled with the barrier between the worlds. Not in my current state. I just wanted to connect with Protocol again.

But, then again, breaking the rules is my antithesis, isn't it?

Something went wrong here. Cataclysmically so. The alicorns here are missing, or dead, except for Love and another that I don't recognise, to something the mortals here call the 'nightmare mist'.

Do not come for me. If three alicorns, two of them representing celestial bodies, have been taken out by this entity, then I regret to say that you'll be helpless.

I'm going to find Celestia myself.

- Arlon Invictus, Alicorn of Order and Protocol, Regent of Equestria
---
#179 Posted: 06:19:16 18/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong overheard Arlon. "Take the magic in the castle?" she asked, looking over at him, with a slightly surprised and confused expression. "Arlon, you can't do that. What about the other ponies here?"
"I don't completely disagree with that idea." Flash Photography said slowly. "If he takes the magic, he would be stronger, but the nightmare mist would take over the castle, and the ponies here would be taken as slaves. Though, like he said, the castle's magic is fading. Who knows how much longer it will be here? The castle could be taken over while we're away on this quest."
#180 Posted: 06:22:30 18/08/2015
Stumbling I enter the room. Blood drips from my forehead, but its nothing major, just a concussion, from some falling bricks. I am all ready for the journey. We need to deal with this mist and find the missing ponies, especially my big sisters, and those I personally call family.
#181 Posted: 06:44:27 18/08/2015
"Leaving it alone is just delaying the inevitable." Arlon shrugged, rolling up the letter. "Besides, what do I care for a few mortals?"

'You're heartless.'

"And again; are we not planning to stop this Nightmare? If we do, than I'll be very glad I had the extra support. If not, well, a couple dozen ponies gets taken by this thing a little quicker than they would've otherwise."

Arlon shivered.

"I might go insane, otherwise, and that won't do anyone any good. Every Nightmare needs a vessel. I know from direct experience of subjecting this torment upon another. I'm afraid my frailty is a liability in this situation."

He smirked, exposing his pointed teeth.
---
#182 Posted: 07:15:43 18/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Flash Photography noticed Prince Astrello enter the room and she ran over to him. "Astrello, are you alright? What happened?" She looked around, and seeing a piece of cloth lying on top of a bookshelf, she picked it up with her magic and brought it over to them. "This will have to do, unless anypony has some ice." She slowly and carefully wrapped the cloth around Prince Astrello's forehead.

"It makes sense, but..." Starsong broke off, a worried look in her dark blue eyes.
"I'd say it's better to make this guy stronger now with the magic than wait for it to fade into nothingness." Supercell said, hovering above the group.
Starsong slowly looked up at the others. "What do you guys think?"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:22:05 18/08/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#183 Posted: 07:24:52 18/08/2015
I wince as the fabric makes contact with my wound. My steps are shaky and slow, but I should be able to keep up with the others. They will need me to destroy this mist.

"Yeah, I think so. Ugh, my head hurts so much. Those falling bricks must have done something to me. Whoa, I'm alright, just need air and time. Thank you, Flash Photography," I say as she bandages my forhead.
#184 Posted: 12:06:59 18/08/2015
I prefer the term 'pragmatic', actually, Arlon replied, spitting a small burst of silver flames at the letter. He watched it burn, though no smoke or ash was produced, the shimmering magic curling about in the air. I don't owe these ponies anything. I just want to go home. Maybe they can help. Maybe they can't. I need to get back.

And then, it was gone, cast away on the last of Arlon's control over Protocol. It was a small rule to break. Hopefully it was small enough.

He felt almost melancholy. As always, his elder sister was the one with all the power, and he had none.

Arlon looked away, a wet shimmer visible in his eyes for a moment before he blinked the tears away. He could only hope that Niomedes wouldn't come.

'She wouldn't.' Ideas mentioned quietly. 'She knows the risks, she'll hate herself for leaving you here to fend for yourself, but...'

I know.
---
#185 Posted: 12:32:18 18/08/2015
Bridle was indifferent in the matter. "As horrible as it sounds...if we do fail to succeed, it will happen sooner than later. Besides, if they are just turned into slaves it will still garantee their safety until we manage to clear the mist from the source". She waited a little longer. "I am an expert in dark magic, so should any problem arise I'm sure the solution won't be too far to find...are we all ready?" Bridle finally asked, ready to cast the spell. "If we're going to canterlot we should head to the train station, it'll be faster and we can suppliment its power through magic."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:34:34 18/08/2015 by Sam15
#186 Posted: 13:53:24 18/08/2015
Arlon snorted, bringing his attention back to the ponies around him with his usual cold, superior air. It felt awful. He had nothing to back up the claims that would've seemed impossible to those that didn't understand.

That, and the mild reformation he'd gone through in the last few years, and the needling voice of Ideas at the back of his mind, must've been affecting his conscience.

"I'm truly disappointed that you'd think so low of me that I would make any mistake. I have consorted with demons. Spent countless centuries developing a spell using the magic they cursed us, spells that can destroy an alicorn from the inside out completely and utterly. I have killed thousands in the name of petty, useless revenge."

His tail flicked, silvery eyes glowing as he narrowed them. Arlon turned to leave, pausing to state icily, "I'm not so moronic to use dark magic, not against a place so seeped in Harmony. I know what I'm doing. I just need to find the best place to do it."
---
#187 Posted: 23:44:09 18/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"I'm not sure if the trains have been destroyed or not." Starsong said. "If they have, we'll just walk along the train tracks."

"I think the best place to absorb the magic left here in the castle would be the throne room." Flash Photography spoke up and walked over to Arlon. "I can take you there, if you want." She looked back at the others. "Once Arlon has absorbed the magic, the nightmare mist will invade the castle. You guys have to get to the large entrance door and activate the shield before the mist touches you. And then when Arlon and I return from the throne room, we can jump into the shield and then we can all get away before the mist notices."

"Sounds like a good enough plan." Supercell said.
Starsong slowly nodded.
#188 Posted: 00:38:32 19/08/2015
Arthur looked at Bridle. "Will it work that way? Will they be able to enter the shield after its fully activated?" He asked looking at her.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#189 Posted: 00:52:53 19/08/2015
Bridle thought for a moment. "Ideally...it is possible, but judging by our location in the castle they need to be here within about... 15 seconds...at the most". She had a worried look on her face. "You'll be cutting it rather close...". She started the activation sequence for the shield. "It also means i'll have to close it when you make it back...if you're going to do this...do it now...and quickly" she warned.
---
#190 Posted: 01:07:03 19/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"I can try use a light spell to blast the nightmare mist away for a few seconds when you close the shield back up." Flash Photography said.
"Should we head to the door now?" Starsong asked.
#191 Posted: 01:14:10 19/08/2015
"I doubt the guards would take kindly to this." Arlon stated drily, nodding consent to Flash. "Nothing I can't deal with, but something to consider."

'You're condemning innocents to something we don't even know about.'

What would you propose I do? We don't have the luxury of waiting.

'...'

Better this than waiting for certain demise.

'Do you really not know sympathy? Wait. Of course you don't. This isn't the first time you've forced ponies into the mantle of the Nightmare. I'm disgusted.'

At least there's a chance to save them.

'Yourself, you mean. What if the only chance to get out was to sacrifice them?'

Whatever is necessary.
---
#192 Posted: 01:19:29 19/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"Let's go." Flash Photography glanced at Arlon briefly before padding out of the room, not sure if the older kirin would rather walk or run to the throne room.

Supercell landed next to Starsong so she wouldn't be outside of the shield when it was activated.
#193 Posted: 01:50:38 19/08/2015
Arlon shook his head slightly, moving relatively slowly despite the panic the rest seemed to be experiencing.

"When I do it," Arlon warned, "I advise you to stand back and stay quiet. It could get a little... violent, in there. Harmonic magic tends not to take well to those that it had been used against before."
---
#194 Posted: 04:15:42 19/08/2015
Ooc: If I am not present to reply when they make it back, it is ok to assume Bridle has closed it in time. I'll edit this post if we have not reached that point yet.
---
#195 Posted: 04:26:19 19/08/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Okay.

Flash Photography nodded. "Okay. I'll stay by the door and be quiet." She soon reached the throne room. Earlier, there had been three tables laid out with food, and ponies all around it, but now they were gone, and it was very quiet. The white unicorn looked up, seeing large tree roots descend from the ceiling, black strings with shining gem like objects hanging from each root.
"This room would most likely contain most of the magic in the whole castle." Flash Photography said. She stayed by the door, waiting for Arlon to begin transferring the magic from the castle to himself.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:02:51 19/08/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#196 Posted: 06:12:31 19/08/2015
Arlon made his way to the centre of the throne room, ignoring the smaller tables and heading to the centre. He was intrigued by the large table dominating the centre of the room, noting the seven thrones, six of them large and the seventh almost comically child-sized, next to-

The sight of his niece's cutie mark gave him pause. Arlon shook his head, dispelling the thought. This Twilight Sparkle wasn't his family, and he had no reason to care for her fate.

Different colour entirely, he reminded himself.

Arlon's antlers gleamed, the ancient kirin calling upon his magic as he reflected on the spell formulae he needed. No Dark magic. Chaos runes would be ill-advised, especially considering their unpredictability. Arlon's tail flicked as climbed upon the table, circling around the edge slowly, his silver eyes hungrily taking in the details.

A holographic Equestria? Interesting. I see the differences, but the main details appear to be the same...

Stopping, Arlon's antlers gleamed brighter, an errant beam of his icy magic striking the very centre of the table. His mane and beard danced around his face from the onslaught of pure aether surging about him, narrowing his eyes as he sought the core of the castle's magic.

There you ar-

"Agh!"

A large boom resounded around the castle, Arlon himself was thrown from the table and flung into the wall as the castle's magic fought back. He was expecting resistance; he didn't expect such a strong one.
---
#197 Posted: 06:34:19 19/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Flash Photography gasped as Arlon was thrown into the wall of the throne room. She was about to call out his name, but then stopped, remembered he had told her to keep quiet. The white unicorn flicked her black and purple tail, staying on the sidelines, even though she wanted to help him.

Three more loud booms echoed around the castle, fighting against Arlon. The rather large shockwaves from the loud booms were sent to every corner of the castle, knocking over bookcases and ponies themselves.

"We need to get to the main door now!" Starsong cried to the others after a shockwave had passed over them.
#198 Posted: 06:44:19 19/08/2015
'Good job, genius.'

Arlon got to his hooves, swearing in a language lost to the ages. He didn't need to be antagonised now.

He also noticed, upon standing, that he was a lot taller than he had been for the last three months, with scales lining his underside, his mane taking on a fiery quality, and most alarmingly, a broken horn jutting from his forehead. Arlon frowned; his illusion wasn't meant to have been particularly strong, and especially wouldn't have endured being so forcefully thrown against the wall.

"Unfortunate, but I suppose unavoidable." he commented to himself, loud enough for Flash Photography to hear.

Quickly checking over himself, Arlon deduced that he was unharmed, and also noticed that his mane wasn't covering the broken shards of his horn, making his nature as a broken alicorn apparent to the one other pony in the room. Exposing his fangs, Arlon staggered back to the table, his broken horn and both antlers sparking back to life as he sought to resume his attack on the castle's wellspring of magic.

Now I know what to expect.
---
#199 Posted: 07:20:14 19/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Flash Photography watched from the corner of the room, her turquoise eyes widening at the new appearance of Arlon. She pricked her ears when she heard him speak and titled her head a little, trying to catch sight of something sticking out from his forehead. It looked like a broken horn. "He's...an...alicorn?" she murmured, watching him walk back over to the table to attempt taking the castle's magic again.

Another loud boom echoed around the castle, followed by a shockwave, as Arlon began to tap into the castle's magic. Flash Photography stumbled sideways into the large crystals situated by the door. Ignoring the slight pain in her left shoulder, she blew her mane away from her face and watched the scene in front of her intently, having never seen anything like this before in her life.

Outside Twilight Sparkle's castle, the nightmare mists were edging closer to the castle, feeling the magic around it slowly weaken.
#200 Posted: 12:30:50 19/08/2015
Bridle stumbled a little but kept the spell close to activating. Her eyes were close so she vould focus better. To her, she could almost telepathically view the throne room by sensing the auras of the entities inside. 'I knew it' she said to herself lowly, sensing the events the throne room held.
---
First | Previous | Page 4 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me