Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists
First | Previous | Page 10 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists [CLOSED]
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#451 Posted: 07:35:52 08/11/2015
Hearing Arlon's question, I turn to look him in the eye. My deep, dark midnight blue eyes glisten in the light as I speak. I rake the ground with my hooves and swish my mane as well as my tail.

"Well, I never thought about it actually... I guess, its my compassionate nature. Though when I do think about it, I believe that it is that fact that this is my home and I consider them as something more... What I don't know... All I do know is that this is my home and I will protect it along with all who dwell here. I know that they will die, and my big sisters and I will live on as generation after generation of the them die, but I believe that the time with them, is all worth that, even despite the pain that I feel, when they pass away."
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#452 Posted: 08:39:10 08/11/2015
"I see." Arlon glanced away, his silvery eyes narrowed slightly. "I always thought... When I was young, my mother used to tell my little sister and I to respect them. I suppose I did, once, until..."

He laughed bitterly. "I used to think that they were nothing more than tools. Ants to crowd my perfect little picnic. Malleable minds to bend to my will, just to throw them at my siblings and cousins... Hah, and I thought I'd make a better ruler than my dear Niomedes... Not that she was so perfect and innocent, in the end, hm Ideas?"

"I'm not talking about it..." Ideas grumbled, a pained look flashing across their shared eyes.
---
self professed austGAYlian
#453 Posted: 20:27:28 08/11/2015
"Respect is not enough, you need to care about them. You need to bond with them and get to know them personally. Then, and only then will you truly feel as my big sisters and I do."
#454 Posted: 21:05:29 08/11/2015
"It's a starting point." Arlon replied. "And from the little games I used to play... hell, nineteen hundred years ago now, was it? Not to mention the mess I caused when I stole away one of their champions and bent him to become a monster. The prince-regent. The hero of the war against the gryphons. The greatest of them all! But I digress. I do not want to be like you and your siblings. My role is to remain distant, cold, to maintain the laws and processes that her nation rests upon.

"If you want to talk to someone who used to be an empath, someone who used to care," he continued, sparks crackling around his broken horn, "talk to Ideas. He chose to abandon a younger brother and sister for the 'greater good' of equinity."
---
#455 Posted: 21:19:41 08/11/2015
"Well if that is what you wish then, follow your chosen path. I myself, prefer to get to know and even bond with my people. This way I can understand them. By understanding your people, you can become a better ruler. Knowing their concerns and such allows you to be the strength they need and rely on. It also means that you know what kinds of things you need to address to make thing better for them. Content or even happy citizens means a better and more stable empire."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:32:15 08/11/2015 by Wyrstel
#456 Posted: 23:44:46 08/11/2015
"That is Niomedes' forte. She is Progress; what good would the continuous progression of society do, if the embodiment of such doesn't connect with the ponies she so lovingly rules over? But Protocol must remain distant. Unbiased. How can I maintain balance if my favour tips to one side? I can tolerate. I can respect. But I cannot get close to them."

Arlon's draconian tail flicked, the kirin looking away.
---
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#457 Posted: 01:32:19 09/11/2015 | Topic Creator
As Arlon and Astrello talked, Celestia's sun was beginning to rise over the horizon, but much slower than usual.

Feeling some light shine on her face, Starsong woke. She sat up, rubbing her eyes and looked around, seeing the two alicorns by the window, and Southern Star trotting up the stairs onto the library floor, carrying some bags on her head.
#458 Posted: 05:06:32 13/11/2015
Arlon watched the sun wearily, before turning to look at Southern Star. With a puff of silver flames, he sent the letter to his little sister away.

"We'll talk later," Arlon said quietly, getting to his hooves.

Ideas... Is it wrong to care?

'What do you mean?'

I've gone so long, without knowing, without caring, about those that our kind are supposed to watch over, guide, and protect. But, I can't help but feel like... I'm concerned for these ponies, Ideas. Goddesses I have never met, and perhaps never will. And it terrifies me.

'Why would that be a bad thing?'
---
#459 Posted: 05:15:47 13/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Southern Star stopped just behind the large hourglass situated in the middle of room, lowering her head to the ground and letting the little bags slide off her head. "I prepared us some food for the journey," she said, a slight sweet tone to her voice.

Starsong hopped off the bed, and almost tripped over something. She looked down and saw her brown backpack on the floor. She had completely forgotten that she had brought it along on this journey.
#460 Posted: 08:17:07 14/11/2015
Why would that- I can't start caring now! I've been apathetic for so long, now that I have this feeling... it feels almost like hope.

'And?'

I haven't felt hopeful since father tore me apart, Ideas. I haven't felt hope since anger and hate replaced it in my heart. Do you know what nineteen centuries of loathing does to a pony?

Arlon sighed, his tail flicking uneasily. His expression creased at Southern Star's words, wondering idly when the last time he ate was.

'I- I get it. Believe me, Arlon, I do. It's easier to not care, to protect yourself from being hurt all over again. I've been where you are.'

I did that to you.

'Your point? Have you seen what being around familiar faces again did for me? I tried avoiding them. I didn't want to hurt them again. But things are better now. I can see he- that I'm- that he's happy again.'
---
#461 Posted: 09:02:20 14/11/2015
Seeing Arlon conversing with himself and feeling his uneasiness, I trot up to him and place a hoof on his leg with a smile.

"Do not be afraid. Whatever you are going through, I am here to help you, support you, no matter what. We are in this all together. We are friends and comrades. Only together, united can we banish this darkness and return Equestria, my home back to normal. Only united, can we save those who have been taken by the darkness, destroy it and free this land of it forever," I say, with my deep, dark midnight blue eyes glinting.
#462 Posted: 07:41:49 15/11/2015
"This isn't my home." Arlon replied. "Once this is over, once I have a way out, I'm leaving. We are not comrades. We are not friends. At best, we are allies to a common goal. Who knows? If the Nightmare presents me a better offer, if it'll get me back to Hyperborea sooner, then I'll take it."

"Nightmare Moon," Ideas said, "or Nightmare Invictus? Trust me, your highness, we aren't any better than the thing that's out there. It's- it's- it'd be better if we leave, the sooner the better, before we- before we get too involved."

"If anything, we're worse," Arlon added bitterly, "because I was never redeemed, or even mad to begin with. Luna can hide behind her pleas of insanity. I held onto the monstrosity I created until the very end."
---
#463 Posted: 21:12:00 15/11/2015
"If that is what you believe than, perhaps it is best you leave sooner. I don't believe that you are at all, what you say you are. Your heart tells another story, but I will not stop you from leaving if you think it is best. However if you join the enemy, I will have no choice but to fight you. I will not make any exceptions just because we were fighting together before. You join The Mist, you are as bad as it is. You will not be able to escape judgement. You, along with anyone that fought willingly beside The Mist shall pay for their crimes," I say firmly, looking him straight in the eyes.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:02:55 11/12/2015 by Wyrstel
#464 Posted: 01:45:56 23/11/2015 | Topic Creator
From the dim light outside, the parts of Equestria you could see from Canterlot were a dull grey. Though, it wasn't clear as to whether that was the colour of the land or if a thin layer of mist was covering the ground for miles.
Celestia's sun rose over the distant hills, but it would soon be covered the dark clouds that were somehow always in the sky.

Starsong padded over to the hourglass, picked up some food Southern Star had made, and put it in her backpack. She then slipped it on, slightly pushing it into the place by ruffling her wings.
#465 Posted: 22:09:27 23/11/2015
Arlon merely grunted in response, staring out the window.

"'Bad' is a- is a subjective term." Ideas replied. "I mean- especially for us, being alicorns and... living forever, n' all that. Our ideals go beyond that. We just want to go home."

"As far as I'm aware," Arlon added, a slight smile curling along his muzzle, "is ever specifically stated in law that allegience to Nightmare incarnate is a crime? No matter. If it is, I'll arrange a fix. Besides, if they get to Protocol first, that would theoretically mean that I've joined them, no?"
---
#466 Posted: 06:51:16 24/11/2015
"I suppose you are correct about that, still we will wage battle against one another should you change sides. It does not matter if it is specifically a crime by law. By threatening the safety and peace of my home, you become my enemy," I say firmly without even blinking as I gaze into his eyes. My pure snow-white mane and tail shimmer in the sunrise.
#467 Posted: 09:24:31 24/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Supercell had woken up and was flying around the library, stretching her wings. Flash Photography had woken up also, and had obtained a purple backpack, probably from Southern Star. She stopped beside Starsong, looking at her with her turquoise eyes. "Ready?"
Starsong took a deep breath and then exhaled. "I guess so."
"Are you two ready?" Southern Star peered around the hourglass at the two alicorns by the window.
#468 Posted: 09:46:02 24/11/2015
Arlon chuckled, shaking his head, closing his icy eyes as he turned to walk away from the window. "That's reasonable. But unless you follow me home to Hyperborea, I doubt we'll ever come to a real fight." He opened his eyes partly, his teeth glinting as he smiled, pausing. "You wouldn't want to then."

"Uh, y-yeah!" Ideas called back to Southern Star, his tail flicking with mild frustration at Arlon's 'threat'. "Yeah, we are."
---
#469 Posted: 07:50:50 28/11/2015 | Topic Creator
"It's probably a good idea to leave now." Southern Star turned and trotted down the stairs, retrieving her own little backpack.
Flash Photography followed the deeer downstairs into the kitchen area, along with Supercell.
Starsong stood near the stairs, waiting for Arlon and Prince Astrello to follow.
#470 Posted: 19:30:59 28/11/2015
I say nothing in response to Arlon's last comment, as I make my way down the stairs. I gather up my things and place them in my saddlebags, but in the hurry, the wooden box opens and out falls, Midnight's bloody horn. It gleams in the light of the rising sun, making its presence known to the others. I move to pick it up quickly so that no one else sees it, as I do not want them to worry anymore about me.
#471 Posted: 23:38:27 30/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Southern Star saw something in the corner of her eye, but took no notice of it. She began to make her way down the spiral stairs of the tower, soon reaching the bottom and opening the door. A harsh breeze hit her as soon as she did, and she slowly stepped out and stood behind a large bush which sheltered her from it.

Starsong opened her wings and hovered down the stairs, reaching the kitchen floor and waiting for Arlon, since he was the last one to follow the others.
#472 Posted: 00:39:21 01/12/2015
Arlon frowned slightly, before following the rest. Turning his attention inward, he noted his stores of magic, his frown deepening as he realised that an alarmingly large amount of what he'd taken was missing.

Bah, I'd forgotten how much aether it took to send letters between worlds... he thought, his tail flicking.

"A- it's probably- it's probably a bad idea for you and your friends to come with us into Tartarus..." Ideas said. "It's- it's really dangerous for a mortal, down there."
---
#473 Posted: 07:05:25 03/12/2015 | Topic Creator
"Are you okay, Arlon? And Ideas?" Starsong asked, respecting the presence of Ideas.

Flash Photography trotted outside, a book hovering in her face. She had decided to take some books out of the library, since they hadn't been read for quite some time. A few of the books, due to the titles, were about magic, and certain spells you could perform. A couple of other books had history about Equestria, and one of them had a large map of most of the land.
The book was pushed into her face by the breeze outside, and the white unicorn, in sudden surprise, struggled to regain her magic to make the book hover again.
Supercell had trouble hovering with the breeze, so she was forced to stay on the ground until the breeze had died down.
#474 Posted: 20:15:42 03/12/2015
Crimson red blood paints Midnight's violet horn. Cracks are visible where it was broken off and her blood glistens on the edges. Quickly moving to pick her horn up, I return it to the wooden box, closing the box and returning it to my saddlebags.
#475 Posted: 23:16:00 03/12/2015
"Magic." Arlon grunted, reaching the stairwell. "I appear to have made myself a little more useless than I already am. Hh. At some point, I may have to seriously consider the alternatives, if worst comes to worst... My rune will take either sanity, vitality, or memories as its price, as is the way of dark magic. I'd rather not let it get to the point where I have to use it.

"Oh," Arlon added, "you acknowledged-? Gah, that'll just encourage him. I was hoping he'd shut up eventually."

Ideas mentally chuckled. 'Takes more than that to shut me up, Arlon.'
---
#476 Posted: 04:17:50 04/12/2015 | Topic Creator
"It'd be rude of me to ignore him." Starsong smiled slightly, beginning to walk towards the set of stairs that spiraled downwards to the outside.

Southern Star turned, looking towards Canterlot Castle, her galaxy mane flowing slightly in the breeze. The castle didn't look majestic anymore, just a ruin of a castle, old and broken down. Dark mist swirled around the turrets, and the tip of the mountain which the city was built on the side of. She turned back, her gaze switching between the pegasus, the unicorn, and the alicorn. "Are you ready?" she asked.
#477 Posted: 06:33:43 04/12/2015
"True." Arlon replied, a slightly amused edge to his voice. "Hm. It might be good for him, though. He's been alone with no one but me for a long time, and I wasn't... I'm not great company. Yeah... It'd be good for him to prattle to someone else for once."

"'Prattle?'" Ideas laughed. "You wound me."
---
#478 Posted: 23:13:03 04/12/2015
I continue to lead the group toward one of the hidden entrances into Tartarus. I do not speak at all as we travel, for I am not in a talkative mood. Well that is not true, I just well... I have more important things that I must do, that talk to others. My home, my family and friends are in danger, I must end this evil, so that life may return to what it once was, once again.
#479 Posted: 23:39:33 04/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong nodded at Arlon and was about to reply when she glanced out the window and the saw the group beginning to head off. "They could at least wait for us." The blue pegasus muttered. She lifted herself off the ground and began to hover down the stairs. "We better catch up with them," she called back to Arlon.

Southern Star trotted behind Prince Astrello, and Flash Photography and Supercell followed behind her. Flash Photography had put the book she was reading in the bag she was carrying. It was difficult to hold a book in place with a strong breeze blowing, so she decided she would read again once the breeze died down.
#480 Posted: 00:32:21 05/12/2015
"Oh, sorry about that guys. I didn't mean to leave you behind. I thought you were right behind me. Sorry, my mind must be elsewhere," I say nervously raking the ground.
#481 Posted: 00:42:01 05/12/2015
"You're all too eager to go to Tartarus." Arlon said, shaking his head, but quickening his pace. A light frown touched his expression, one he frequently wore, brought upon by millennia of wanting back what the pegasi had. "Frankly, I'm amazed. It's suicide, and I should really be dealing with this alone. That other alicorn down there either doesn't know it, or doesn't care to mention it."

"It'll be fine," Ideas muttered doubtfully. "Nothing bad'll happen. We'll be fine. We'll solve this mess."
---
#482 Posted: 03:04:12 05/12/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Starsong and Arlon were heading down the tower, not outside, but I guess now we're all outside.

Starsong flew over to the group, struggling in the harsh breeze, and then finally landing just behind Supercell. She glanced back at Arlon, following her, and then turned to the others.
"I'm not eager." Flash Photography murmured as she overheard Arlon. She picked up a magic/spell book from her bag with her magic and began flicking through the pages. "I'm just trying to prepare myself the best I can."
#483 Posted: 23:46:38 05/12/2015
Arlon's mane whipped about in the wind, a mix between a flame and corporeal hair. Aside from that he seemed relatively unfazed, and as such, didn't care.

"Most mortals would have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the Underworld." Arlon replied to Flash Photography, his voice frigid. "But that's beside the point. I'm sure we won't need to go to where most of the, aheh, action is. Certainly not the Five Rivers, at least."

'You're hiding behind a front.' Ideas said quietly. 'You're more terrified than any of them.'
---
#484 Posted: 22:22:22 06/12/2015
"It is true that Tartarus is a dark and terrifying place, but I have been there many a time and know the place like the back of my hoof. Just stay close to me and you all will be fine. If in fact there is someone who can help us in there, I should be the one that approaches them. For I can feel that even you, Arlon and Ideas are afraid, maybe even more than everyone else. Do not be afraid, I will protect you all," I say, my eyes glistening in the light.
#485 Posted: 09:34:10 07/12/2015 | Topic Creator
"We're not fillies. We are capable of defending ourselves." Supercell muttered. She suddenly looked up, and noticed the breeze had died down. She spread her wings and jumped up into the air, hovering above the group.
"Well, we have to go to Tartarus, don't we?" Flash Photography looked up over the book she was reading, glancing at Prince Astrello and Arlon.
#486 Posted: 10:28:12 07/12/2015
"Do you mean Hades, or someone else?" Ideas asked. "We've met. I think he pushed my- our? Our nephew off a tower to get some peace and quiet for a while. Can't blame him, really."

"Nolan defies the general rule of 'don't speak unless spoken to first'," Arlon said vaguely, before his voice hardened, "but trust me. I know what's really down there. I sent one of the... highest-security prisoners back there, again, along with myriads of his servants, and made him wish he'd never met the likes of me. Thousands of innocents, stolen from their homes and families, becoming nothing more than slaves and food for the gryphons. A younger brother and sister, tortured for information they didn't have anymore, both of whom still carry the marks almost two thousand years later. My niece, slaughtered, driving a grieving mother into wiping out a city... no, an entire species, in the name of revenge. Niomedes... She lost her eldest daughter, and was later maimed for life. What else was I supposed to do to make sure that madman never tried to come back?"

Turning to Supercell, Arlon added, "You're naïve. It's almost cute, actually. And you," he turned to Astrello, "maybe you know. But no alicorn could hope to prevail over what's down there alone. And Protocol... no. I will not permit you, any of you, to hurt it."
---
#487 Posted: 18:11:12 07/12/2015
"I do not intend to hurt or even necessarily fight anything or anyone. If Protocol is down there, I have no intention of hurting him. As for if there is a fight, I won't be alone will I, I say with a little smile and I continue to lead the party onwards. As for our companions, let them come if they wish."
#488 Posted: 03:24:52 08/12/2015 | Topic Creator
"I'm not cute!" Supercell said, looking at Arlon for a moment before turning away.
"We haven't got anywhere else to go right now," Flash Photography murmured, beginning to slowly follow Prince Astrello, a book still hovering in front of her face.
Southern Star and Supercell followed the alicorn and the white unicorn.

Starsong blinked, trying to process what Arlon had said. She gave up and raked a hoof against the dirt path a few times before slowly following the others.
#489 Posted: 04:42:02 08/12/2015
"I said 'almost.'" Arlon scowled, his mane flickering in frustration, but following the others anyway.

"Tartarus isn't a necessity," Ideas said, "it's just to stop these Nightmares from getting a new ally. Maybe to get Arlon his power back, if we're... if we're lucky. We dunno how, uh, how cooperative that the- that Protocol would be, if it's- if it's even there, but..."
---
#490 Posted: 08:33:22 09/12/2015 | Topic Creator
The next step for the ground was head down the mountain that Canterlot was set on. And the only way to do that was was walk down a set of rocky stairs build into the mountain.
As Southern Star trotted beside Prince Astrello, she looked out over the land that could be seen from Canterlot. "Everything is so...lifeless..." she murmured. "It's so dark down there...and there's so much mist and fog." She paused briefly. "I've never seen Equestria so...grey..."
"There's nothing wrong with the colour grey." Supercell did a roll in the air above them, lifting a hoof to brush her grey mane away from her eyes.
#491 Posted: 00:49:35 10/12/2015
"Better grey than white." Arlon said, distracted, trailing off into a mutter. "Or black. Thousands of lights... Watching, always watching, the hivemind... Always rearranging, always something new... How many thousands of possible combinations can they think of after nine hundred years? Give it enough time, a pattern will emerge. It always does. Heh... aheheh... heheh..."

'Are you okay?'

Given the circumstances? No. Remember how I used to be when we were stuck together in the moon?

"... But how am I to know... There's always a variable... a... an irregularity..."

'Marginally. Why?'

Clearly, I'm not handling things very well. Powerless, already teetering on the edge of insanity, barely able to hold back the trauma of what he did to me, this gods-forsaken magic withdrawal I'd managed to keep at bay since I took that castle's magic, and then descending into Tartarus. It's a great day, no?

'So you're... pretending... about everything.'

You can only pretend for so long.
---
#492 Posted: 23:57:13 10/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Southern Star trotted ahead of the group and over to the start of the steps. From the dim light, she could tell some stairs had parts missing, while others had disappeared completely. "It doesn't look very safe," she called back to them.
"Psh, you'll be fine," Supercell replied, waving a hoof.
"Says the one with wings," Flash Photography muttered.
#493 Posted: 00:46:31 11/12/2015
Trotting over to Southern Star and Flash Photography, I drape my wings over them. Taking a few steps down the stairs, I turn toward them. My deep, dark midnight blue eyes glimmer in the light of my glowing horn as I smile back at them.
#494 Posted: 00:51:58 11/12/2015 | Topic Creator
"What are you doing, Astrello?" Southern Star asked, surprised.
Supercell flew down the mountain, inspecting the steps. "I guess the deer was right about the steps." She looked up. "Is this the only way down the mountain?"
"I believe so." Southern Star replied.
"The train was the main way of getting to Canterlot, but the tracks were blocked when we reached the city, remember?" Flash Photography spoke up. "You could fly down, but we can't because we don't have wings."
#495 Posted: 00:58:20 11/12/2015
"We could, uh, teleport?" Ideas mentioned, pushing Arlon's consciousness back. "I think we've got enough magic for a- uh- a few of us. I hope. Without Arlon going all... craz- well, it's already happened... Besides, going down the mountainside- we'd be a bit exposed, wouldn't we?"
---
#496 Posted: 01:16:31 11/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Flash Photography paused. "Why didn't I think of that?" She hit her forehead with her hoof.
"Don't you want to conserve magic?" Starsong asked, looking at Arlon.
"I'm fine with flying." Supercell piped up, doing rolls near the edge of the cliff.
#497 Posted: 01:30:32 11/12/2015
"Well, yes- but think of it this way; say we walk down the mountain, or whatever, and some of those... things... attack, would that be more efficient if we fight them than if we just skip right down to the bottom?" Ideas proposed. "See, we're dealing with theoreticals here. Y'know, Arlon's thing. He should be agreeing with me here."

"I'm not agreeing with you." Arlon replied stiffly.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:56 11/12/2015 by ReshiramForever
#498 Posted: 04:49:16 11/12/2015
"If you are low, on magic Arlon/Ideas, it would be unwise to use what small reserves you have now, just to save yourself some walking. Besides this place is brimming with magic defenses, including cancelling magic, which includes teleportation. The only way in is through these stairs or some secret passages that my sisters and I only know," I say as I trot down the stairs and wait at the bottom for the others.
#499 Posted: 05:33:43 11/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong blinked and tilted her head to the side. "Ooookaaaay..."
Southern Star slowly stepped down onto the first step.
"Southern Star, if Astrello made it safely to the bottom, we can too," Flash Photography said. "And if do lose your footing, I can help you with my magic."
"You will?" Southern Star glanced back at her.
The white unicorn nodded and smiled at her. "Go on. I'll be right behind you."
"See you guys at the bottom!" Supercell flew down the mountain and landed beside Prince Astrello.
#500 Posted: 06:05:54 11/12/2015
"If I wasn't low on magic," Arlon stated, "then I wouldn't have condemned the ponies in the castle to them, wouldn't have I?"

"Knowing you, you probably still would have, actually." Ideas grumbled. "Doing something cruel under the guise of- of- what was the word you used? Pragmatism?"

"At least it's cruelty for a reason this time. Sever the limb to preserve the body. Do something amoral for the greater good. You don't see many, aheh, 'reformed villains' going out of their way to fix something that doesn't involve them."

Arlon frowned at the descent down the stairs ahead of him, the stubs of his wings twitching. Using a pair that didn't belong to him just didn't feel the same as what he'd remembered, and his antlers couldn't support the amount of magic it'd take to craft a temporary pair.

"I miss them," he muttered vaguely.
---
First | Previous | Page 10 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me