Page 1 of 1
Return of Special Edition [CLOSED]
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1 Posted: 22:49:13 03/07/2015 | Topic Creator
I picked up some Skylanders at GameStop's Skylanders Day. When the clerk asked me if I wanted to pre-order SuperChargers, I told him I'd wait for a collecters edition. And I quote "Oh, Yeah, understandable, they will"
Just fueling the fire, in the engine of the hype train.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#2 Posted: 23:13:17 03/07/2015
Seeing how this is coming from a Gamestop clerk, I don't know if this is legit or not. Activision didn't say anything about this, unless this is a leak to a collectors edition.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#3 Posted: 23:22:19 03/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Well they have lots of items in the cash register's item tracking system that aren't on their website
Anyone else have experiences like this with a GS employee?
---
benccisne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1199
#4 Posted: 00:45:49 04/07/2015
The employee said it because of past experiences. There has been dark editions every game excluding Giants. It's just speculation. There has been no announcements or concrete evidence. It's like saying oh yeah there will be legendary figures for Superchargers. No real evidence but we know they're going to do it.
benccisne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1199
#5 Posted: 00:47:27 04/07/2015
Also yes I have asked my GameStop staff, and no there is nothing in there system other then starter pack pre-orders.
#6 Posted: 00:51:29 04/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: benccisne
Also yes I have asked my GameStop staff, and no there is nothing in there system other then starter pack pre-orders.

Though do you really think they'd tell you
---
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#7 Posted: 00:51:54 04/07/2015
The employee said it because of past experiences. There has been dark editions every game excluding Giants. It's just speculation. There has been no announcements or concrete evidence. It's like saying oh yeah there will be legendary figures for Superchargers. No real evidence but we know they're going to do it.

Spyro's Adventure didn't get a Dark Edition either. Spyro himself got a Dark recolor in the 3DS starter, but there weren't a Dark Edition. So, we've only gotten them for two games, one per developer. Apart from that, spot on, except we don't know if it's going to happen.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#8 Posted: 01:37:01 04/07/2015
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

Though do you really think they'd tell you

Yeah they would. Just like when they told me to preorder the new Skylanders figures like Mickey and the Frozen characters, and when they told someone that Skylanders was discontinued and that the reason they had no new figures was because they issued a recall.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#9 Posted: 01:49:43 04/07/2015
I don't think one gamestop employee knows this if multiple said it then it could be true but looks fake.
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#10 Posted: 02:20:58 04/07/2015
It definitely sounds to me like he was making an assumption.

You should have just asked him to clarify, though.
---
Boop me if you see this.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#11 Posted: 07:08:03 04/07/2015
Yawn. The pregame show for Superchargers is Super boring. I'll come back in August and see what we know.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#12 Posted: 11:20:40 04/07/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Yawn. The pregame show for Superchargers is Super boring. I'll come back in August and see what we know.

i agree on that one. its not that exciting as earlier games for sure.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#13 Posted: 14:57:16 04/07/2015
I picked up some Skylanders at GameStop's Skylanders Day. When the clerk asked me if I wanted to pre-order SuperChargers, I told him I'd wait for a collecters edition. And I quote "Oh, Yeah, understandable, they will"

Why'd you foolishly make a topic of what some misinformed GameStop employee said? I walked into a GameStop where a pimply almost high school-aged employee tried to eagerly engage me in Skylanders conversation. He had no idea that GameStop ever had an exclusive Polar Whirlwind figure during the Giants era, nor did he know about the exclusive light trap released back in January. I wound up educating him while he was blowing smoke to me about how Jade Fire Kraken and Quick Draw Rattle Shake were all special edition and that I should snatch them up at their hefty $16 price tag. I take what GameStop employees say with a grain of salt...they aren't the brightest peas in the pod.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#14 Posted: 15:24:13 04/07/2015
Quote: mastermc54

Why'd you foolishly make a topic of what some misinformed GameStop employee said? I walked into a GameStop where a pimply almost high school-aged employee tried to eagerly engage me in Skylanders conversation. He had no idea that GameStop ever had an exclusive Polar Whirlwind figure during the Giants era, nor did he know about the exclusive light trap released back in January. I wound up educating him while he was blowing smoke to me about how Jade Fire Kraken and Quick Draw Rattle Shake were all special edition and that I should snatch them up at their hefty $16 price tag. I take what GameStop employees say with a grain of salt...they aren't the brightest peas in the pod.

Well not all of them are stupid. Just 65% of them, the manager and the only female employe at my GameStop know a fair amount about them.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#15 Posted: 15:43:00 04/07/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm not shouting out "CONFIRMED" here, just saying, there's a chance.
---
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#16 Posted: 12:11:46 05/07/2015
I wasn't there (obviously), but it sounds to me that the employee was only agreeing with your decision. Many many games (including Skylanders) have a special edition, so it is wise to wait for a special edition if you know you're likely to want that version over the standard version. You don't have to have any inside information to come to that conclusion.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me